Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Data Graham posted:

Seriously I thought we had exhausted the genre years ago with that guy who smashed eggs all over everything
That guy just put out a new video five days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIeYrczzcvc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i strongly believe that the maestra de hamburguer's food all gets eaten. the mega burguers are like 1/10 of her content and they aren't even that hosed up by brazilian standards

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Out of curiosity I just did a google image search for 'Brazilian burger'.

Who the hell puts sweetcorn on a burger?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
*gestures vaguely at South Korea*

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/RYzZRsK.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I never thought I'd say this, but that seagull just might be a goddamn hero

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Incredible loving framing on the reveal of the sign

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I had one of the twats do that to me some months back. Vile shits they are.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

cyberia posted:

It's a common theme for these videos. Want to make something look 'epic'? Just throw a brick of 30 cheese slices in the middle of it :rolleyes: God, I loving hate stupid food videos of people making whatever deep-fried, cheese-filled abominations in that rapid cut tiktok style where everything is slapped onto the counter and clearly never intended to be eaten. It's truly grotesque and I hope everyone involved in creating the genre pays for their sins in the afterlife.

https://youtu.be/vOYq2dcu9uI

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i wish i had the option of gobbling a small fish like that

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Data Graham posted:

Incredible loving framing on the reveal of the sign

It's masterwork. They absolutely nailed it with the framing and timing, simply perfect.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

This poo poo rules and is hilarious.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

i wish i had the option of gobbling a small fish like that
if you want to eat sardines just eat some it doesn't have to be complicate
It really doesn't have to be a big deal to eat some sardines, you can just eat them.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The food waste video of the toilet bowl with ice cream has broken me a little. Where's the good food hack thread?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

There's something really funny about tourists getting bullied by seagulls.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Given the slowmo in front of a sign that literally warns against seagulls attacking I have to think that was the intended result

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

:perfect:

edit: it's the most wonderful time of the year.

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1595400940940677125?s=20&t=k4SJW_vA7Y8Mw4KCRGdb_A

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 17:23 on Nov 23, 2022

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Love the maximum chaos of spraying the oil fire with a hose :kingsley::supaburn:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Jesus Christ. Why are these people placing these so close to everything? I remember my dad used to do it like, in the middle of the driveway, as far away from anything flammable he could get.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Brawnfire posted:

Jesus Christ. Why are these people placing these so close to everything? I remember my dad used to do it like, in the middle of the driveway, as far away from anything flammable he could get.

... those are safety demonstrations

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I thought they were just using people's fail videos as a "don't do this poo poo" compilation.

Like, tell me it's hard to find a half-dozen of these posted in earnest.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Part of the fun of being the fire brigade is that you have a portion of your budget dedicated to blowing up as many chip pans as you like.

Also, obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Qxqmhqj1A

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

I thought they were just using people's fail videos as a "don't do this poo poo" compilation.

Like, tell me it's hard to find a half-dozen of these posted in earnest.

Generally home videos would have actual people in them, would not be filmed on very obvious sound stages with painted tree backdrops nor would they have pulley systems to lower the turkey in

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Generally home videos would have actual people in them, would not be filmed on very obvious sound stages with painted tree backdrops nor would they have pulley systems to lower the turkey in

You don't get pulley systems with your arson kits? Sounds dangerous. Makes me happy those aren't used where I live.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Here I was perfectly prepared to believe installing a pulley system was all a part of what made every wannabe Tim Allen dad want to run out to buy a branded and packaged turkey fryer and arson kit

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Antigravitas posted:

There's something really funny about tourists getting bullied by seagulls.

apparently, in Liverpool one of their jumbo seagulls took a chihuahua

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Here I was perfectly prepared to believe installing a pulley system was all a part of what made every wannabe Tim Allen dad want to run out to buy a branded and packaged turkey fryer and arson kit

I think deep frying turkeys is something best enjoyed when it's someone else doing the whole frying setup, but if I ever did do it myself I would absolutely involve a pulley system.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I’d rather have the driest turkey on earth over seeing that this exists.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

the velveeta is in the caddy made out of a turkey, same place it's always been

Raudedauden
Jun 18, 2005
Is it crusted with flaming hot Cheetos?

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Raudedauden posted:

Look into your heart.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Raudedauden posted:

U dont get that color from anything but!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, have some cursed content, in several ways:

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/22/1137466569/inflation-thanksgiving-recipes-substitutions

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I saw that article but didn't read it too closely so I don't know if there was any attempt to actually make filling amounts of food with the replacements. Like yeah, a $4 package of bacon is cheaper than a turkey, but are two strips of bacon my main course now?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Looks like someone's angling to only get one strip this year. :mad:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you asked me to make a filling dinner without the expensive bits I would probably just make a giant pile of mashed potato and sweet roasted carrots because tbh those are probably my favourite bits anyway.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Really fresh food

https://twitter.com/SeanTheTerrible/status/1595591939793068032?s=20&t=72zWPH0Wo3lsQYCA2_kOOA

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Captain Hygiene posted:

I saw that article but didn't read it too closely so I don't know if there was any attempt to actually make filling amounts of food with the replacements. Like yeah, a $4 package of bacon is cheaper than a turkey, but are two strips of bacon my main course now?
The article is actually mostly reasonable, and the baby food bit seems like it was a joke:

quote:

Almost all of the ingredients for rolls are more expensive than last year. Eggs are up 43%, flour is up 25% and butter is up almost 27%.

NPR correspondent and avid baker Alina Selyukh's solution: Take out as many ingredients as possible. Use only flour, water and yeast.

Finding a butter substitute turned out to be the biggest challenge. Margarine prices are up more than 40%. Jelly, jam, and peanut butter prices have all skyrocketed. So Alina went on a hunt in her grocery store and found...baby food.

Baby food prices have risen a lot more slowly than butter or margarine.

Would have paid: $4.80
Actually paid: $2.92
Total savings: 40%

Reviews: Alina's three-ingredient bread was a hit. The baby food, not so much.

Bread: 5 Stars
Baby food "butter": 1 Star

And the bacon was used for BLTs:

quote:

Turkey is by far the most expensive thing on the table. Turkey prices have risen about 50% in the last two years, largely because of production slowdowns and an outbreak of avian flu. On average, a 16-pound bird will run you $28.96 and stuffing (prices are up about 70%) will run you $3.88.

NPR Global Economics Correspondent Stacey Vanek Smith decided she would stick with meat for the main dish (many vegetarian options are cheaper), even though that's not easy. Meat prices have risen significantly across the board: Beef, chicken, fish and even Spam are all pricey. So Stacey opted for pork. Specifically: bacon.

Stacey's local grocery store was selling family packs of bacon for just $4 apiece. And, of course, a little bacon goes a long way.

Instead of stuffing, Stacey sliced some tomatoes — a relative bargain that she hoped could be put to use with leftovers to create a new holiday tradition: The Thanksgiving BLT.

Would have paid: $32.84
Actually paid: $16.00
Total savings: more than 50%

Reviews: While everyone agreed the bacon lacked the visual impact of a turkey, people were generally excited about eating bacon. "I think half of America would be ecstatic if there were BLT's instead of turkey," said Uri.

Bacon: 3.5 stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's a faaaake. Thank goodness.

https://twitter.com/PoeticBoii/status/1595912032611880961