Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Larry Parrish posted:

why would u make a retro throwback game and then make it a throwback to the piece of poo poo c-tier games. nobody is nostalgic for the game they bought at walmart for $5, just for buying games like that

i am, i bought the original Gungrave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
C-tier is blessed. Make a Chaos Legion remake you loving cowards.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The COD Warzone mode DMZ is extremely fuckin dope

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
We're closer to 2042 than we are to 9/11

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Professor Beetus posted:

:staredog:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gungrave not having an autofire is the sort of baffling baseline mistake that should have sent the game straight back to development and been considered unpublishable

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Professor Beetus posted:

If Austin Powers was made today, he would have been frozen in 1992.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Looks like the Steam Black Friday sale kicked in, so my pc buddy and I will soon be enjoying Deep Rock Galactic and Grounded in cross-platform co-op soon. Rock and stone!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Gungrave posted:

No invert aim option
Platforming puzzles

lol, hard pass

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wanted to like 2042 so bad and Battlefield was my shooter go to for years, but it feels like Dice isn't capable of keeping up with COD anymore. Not that COD doesn't have it's own issues but at the end of the day it's just got about 10x more going on and most of it is better than battlefield at this point.

2042 felt like a worst case scenario cause the whole thing was this marketing campaign about how it was gonna make battlefield good again and then they went and made literally the worst battlefield ever by a mile. Their games just aren't very fun anymore it's a shame. 2042 felt flat out incompetent. I'm not buying anything Dice makes again until a million other people confirm it's actually good first.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

veni veni veni posted:

I wanted to like 2042 so bad and Battlefield was my shooter go to for years, but it feels like Dice isn't capable of keeping up with COD anymore. Not that COD doesn't have it's own issues but at the end of the day it's just got about 10x more going on and most of it is better than battlefield at this point.

2042 felt like a worst case scenario cause the whole thing was this marketing campaign about how it was gonna make battlefield good again and then they went and made literally the worst battlefield ever by a mile. Their games just aren't very fun anymore it's a shame. 2042 felt flat out incompetent. I'm not buying anything Dice makes again until a million other people confirm it's actually good first.

Agreed I was always a battlefield dude but warzone got me into mw2019 and after that all CoD. I was so disappointed by the BFV launch and then to have them gently caress it up even worse for 2042? Unforgivable.

My kid’s friend’s dad who I chat with at school dropoffs works for the EA Sports division and has stories about how dysfunctional Dice is/was, and how it managed to gently caress up other teams with their engine bullshit (bioware with anthem, for one).

Granted EA is one of the worst gaming villains out there so I won’t feel bad for their predicament.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im just so stunned by how badly the makers of Gungrave Gore botched what is, definitionally, a rooty tooty point and shooty

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

agreed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's funny hearing that from real battlefield fans because those games have sucked for like literally 15 years and every one has been worse and worse somehow. i don't know whether to be impressed they kept fans hooked anyway that long or embarrassed for your taste in games

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Looks like the Steam Black Friday sale kicked in, so my pc buddy and I will soon be enjoying Deep Rock Galactic and Grounded in cross-platform co-op soon. Rock and stone!

FYI, the Steam version of Deep Rock Galactic is NOT crossplay with consoles. To play crossplay with Xbox and PC you have to use the Microsoft store version.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Larry Parrish posted:

it's funny hearing that from real battlefield fans because those games have sucked for like literally 15 years and every one has been worse and worse somehow. i don't know whether to be impressed they kept fans hooked anyway that long or embarrassed for your taste in games

In OP's defense, Battlefield 2 was really, really great, a high watermark for multiplayer shooters at all.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 1943 were good, Bad Company 2 owned hard.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Larry Parrish posted:

Seems like everyone liked BC2, BF3, Bf4 and BF1. Maybe you are completely wrong, OP?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
bad company 1 on the microsoft xbox 360 was Win

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Beastie posted:

Seems like everyone liked BC2, BF3, Bf4 and BF1. Maybe you are completely wrong, OP?

I even liked BF5, but the fact that they gave up on it made me definitely not want to get 2042, which turned out to be the right decision.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

DR AIDS posted:

I even liked BF5, but the fact that they gave up on it made me definitely not want to get 2042, which turned out to be the right decision.

Not only did they give up on it, they meddled with the ttk several times in an effort to attract new players, thereby alienating existing players.

It had a ton of great things going for it. Building cover, the movement, squad points redeemable for air strikes.

It took way too long for the pacific maps to release though.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

FYI, the Steam version of Deep Rock Galactic is NOT crossplay with consoles. To play crossplay with Xbox and PC you have to use the Microsoft store version.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll let him know he picked up the game from "the wrong store". It's not the first time this has happened. Crossplay info can be very unclear.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

MarcusSA posted:

The COD Warzone mode DMZ is extremely fuckin dope

yup. I haven't played a bunch of console COD in years and DMZ is extremely my poo poo. I go in solo and play it like a stealth game

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I hate how Gungrave looks. The first two games were so distinct, and this looks like some generic Unreal engine version of anime.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll let him know he picked up the game from "the wrong store". It's not the first time this has happened. Crossplay info can be very unclear.

Thank God for Steam refunds

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Omnikin posted:

yup. I haven't played a bunch of console COD in years and DMZ is extremely my poo poo. I go in solo and play it like a stealth game

Solo is tough and I have like a 10% exfil rate, but it's been fun. I thought at first that if I exfiltrated with extra backpacks and vests it would save it to some inventory to use later but that doesn't seem to be the case which is a shame. It's just contraband weapons.

Super tense and fun though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

vampire survivors needs crosssave asap, i can't handle this

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's consistently worked fine for me switching between PC and Xbox?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Gungrave suuuuucks wow. Which is a shame because the optics/gore are kind of fun but it’s exactly like that person said.

At least it’s one super easy achievement on gameplay launch and if you’re lucky another one when you hit the 100 combo which is doable in the second or so encounter. But yeah uninstalled right after because who thought that multiple second delay between shots was fun??

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
battlefield 3 is an all-time shooter. if you dont like battlefield 3 then you just dont like good FPS games

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Most of the BF games suffer from having to compare themselves to BF2.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

MikeRabsitch posted:

Solo is tough and I have like a 10% exfil rate, but it's been fun. I thought at first that if I exfiltrated with extra backpacks and vests it would save it to some inventory to use later but that doesn't seem to be the case which is a shame. It's just contraband weapons.

Super tense and fun though.

I think I'm 50% on only a handful of attempts. Had a real good one earlier with a toooon of cash and supplies and a nice new shiny sniper and I got absolutely wrecked at exfil

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

barnold posted:

battlefield 3 is an all-time shooter. if you dont like battlefield 3 then you just dont like good FPS games

:agreed:

4 is basically a refresh of 3 as well and had some banger maps.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

First time I started it on Xbox it immediately had my PC save ready to go without any prompts or anything.

Were you playing on Steam initially? If so I think you may be out of luck.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zwille posted:

Gungrave suuuuucks wow. Which is a shame because the optics/gore are kind of fun but it’s exactly like that person said.

At least it’s one super easy achievement on gameplay launch and if you’re lucky another one when you hit the 100 combo which is doable in the second or so encounter. But yeah uninstalled right after because who thought that multiple second delay between shots was fun??

Fun fact, they give you the ability to jump in Level 2 and it leads to some new dogshit.

Its the rare game that is hiding an even worse game underneath

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This is going to put the merger on hold for some time even if MS prevails

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1595547174636584961?s=46&t=lFB53UbEkY1qqi_0qFwcRg

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
On the one hand consolidation and monopolies are bad but on the other hand give me sekiro on game pass now imo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Apparently that tweet is just clickbait and the actual article says it’s still undecided. Kinda hosed up still though lol.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jason Schreier is saying that he hasn’t heard anything contrary to the report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The dedicated political press suck rear end but I would definitely trust them over Schreier for something like this