Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

drrockso20 posted:

Man going for Grimoires or Tomes is just plain a trap that isn't worth the trouble they bring

Grims removing Wounds is a serious downside. If you get 2x Grims it means that any non-Ogryn will never get downed, they’ll just die outright. Much harder than VT2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Magitek posted:

Grims removing Wounds is a serious downside. If you get 2x Grims it means that any non-Ogryn will never get downed, they’ll just die outright. Much harder than VT2.

You can get past this with some combination of curio traits; Wounds, +Health/+Max Health and Grimoire Resist will all help but I'm not sure what the most efficient or powerful way to put it together is yet. I'm also not 100% sure more Wounds does in fact decrease how much total HP the grim takes, I just think it does.

Is that worth an extra couple thousand dockets over +Toughness/+DR/Cooldown? Eh.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Magitek posted:

Not to mention that you slowly gain corruption over time while holding grimoires. They're so much more punishing compared to VT2 while being worth comparatively much less.

Orv posted:

It's just called Kantrael MG XII, it's the slowest ROF, highest damage, highest reserves of the three basic Kantrael rifles.
It's kind of insane how much ammo you get for the MG XII as veteran. I've gone whole missions without picking up an ammo pickup and just getting by on my reserves and the ammo I regen.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Insert name here posted:

Not to mention that you slowly gain corruption over time while holding grimoires. They're so much more punishing compared to VT2 while being worth comparatively much less.

Oh poo poo, that’s intended and not a bug? I did a mission where I picked up the team’s only Grim early on, and by the end I only had around 40 max HP. That’s absolutely brutal.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Magitek posted:

Not to mention the bonuses for dealing with them is so pitiful compared to VT2

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Yeah it would be fine if there was a real reward for them

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

currently playing a round with 3 players but also 3 bots. thats gotta be a bug right lol

Orv
May 4, 2011
Lmao so it turns out there's a second version of the Braced Autogun, the Graia Mk IV which is like the submachine gun version of the longer ADS ones. It uh, try one. Just try one if you haven't. Maybe not a meta setter or whatever but :aloom:

https://i.imgur.com/nujUYYt.mp4

Also I figured out the differences between the Lucius patterns; sight picture and charge time. Mk3 is worth using, kinda. Mk1 and 2 are not.

Orv fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Nov 24, 2022

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
I'm having a great time playing as tf2 heavy weapons guy. Devs did a great job! They got the whole package right - the voice lines, the gear, and the big gun.

Also the grenadier gauntlet owns. The class doesn't even have any ranged bonuses but the big gun and the gauntlet are viable mains as-is. The rumbler grenade launcher's lack of detonation on impact is a deal breaker though and is second tier. The rest of his ranged weapons are not worth using.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Gave the Boltgun a try on veteran, this is the gun 40k nerds orgasm over? it has firepower but it barely has any ammo and the reload takes an eternity and anything hitting back is going to send your reticule flying around the room when it is already pretty inaccurate, it's good at melting armored elites but I find most of my time as veteran is spent killing swarms of gunners taking cover and the boltgun is really bad at that.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The bolt gun actually has high cover pierce for that job!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Magitek posted:

Oh poo poo, that’s intended and not a bug? I did a mission where I picked up the team’s only Grim early on, and by the end I only had around 40 max HP. That’s absolutely brutal.

There’s an initial burst of corruption and then a slow decay, yeah. Hitting a medicae will set you back to full, hit the burst right away again, but it’ll reset the decay. It’s still a pain, but it’s worthwhile if you’ve been carrying one all mission.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I'm suddenly crashing 3-4 times per level. I can reconnect but after 5+ minutes back to crashing. I've tried everything posted around the internet and nothing works. It's not a disconnect but a straight-up crash. Shame as I was really enjoying the game.

i5-10400
GTX 3060 Ti
Win 11

If anyone else has a similar system and found a fix I'm all ears.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I feel like the dogs need to be slowed down a bit, impossible to shoot when they are zipping all over the place.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I had a dog rush towards us in a room with one reject outside, I shoot the dog and stagger it, it slides inside the room and then somehow in the next second was mauling the dude outside

???

Orv
May 4, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

I had a dog rush towards us in a room with one reject outside, I shoot the dog and stagger it, it slides inside the room and then somehow in the next second was mauling the dude outside

???

Chaos.mp4

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dravs posted:

I feel like the dogs need to be slowed down a bit, impossible to shoot when they are zipping all over the place.

Mostly just giving them some actual inertia would help. Plenty of times I've had a dog running at me, I sidestepped, and it did an immediate 180 and pounced me regardless.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I'm going out on a limb and assuming that the incentive for the higher difficulties is going to be an increase of crafting mats around the maps, and perhaps we'll see a crafting mat reward with the sciptures and grims as well.

Folks were griping about the frequent rewards of white items at higher levels, based on the video going into detail about the power ratings, these items have the potential to be quite powerful once the crafting system is in place.

A short primer for everyone who TLDR'd this video

The weapon power level is basically the weapon's 5 attributes ( those bars represent a score between the minimum and maximum value for that attribute ) added together, the perks have a value between 6-8 power and then the blessings at 40 power.
With a white item it's total power score is just those 5 attributes, a blue item with a similar power score is going to have considerably lower attributes because 46-48 points of it's power score tied up in the perk ( say +10% damage to elites ) plus blessing. This is why you might find you have a white item is outperforming a higher rarity item at a similar or even slightly higher power level. When crafting comes in and you have a decently high power level white item with near full bars, raising it's rarity is going to start adding perks and blessings raising it's power level on top of it's already high core attributes. God tier rolled white items are worth hanging onto to craft to that higher rarity by adding random perks and blessings ( Consecrate ), you can swap the attributes around ( Refine Item - I'm assuming that's what the refine icon means... ), add a Blessing ( Earn Blessing - actually I'm not sure how this works ) and reroll a blessing ( Re-Bless - I'm going to assume that this works the same as the VT2 trait reroll ).

TLDR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKk_-Lvhzo

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Nov 24, 2022

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

This one seems a bit on the nose

Orv
May 4, 2011
“Pretty hosed up are those of good brain” - John Warhammer, c. 40,000AD

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Orv posted:

“Pretty hosed up are those of good brain” - John Warhammer, c. 40,000AD

John Warhammer is an ogryn?

Orv
May 4, 2011

JBP posted:

John Warhammer is an ogryn?

It would explain a lot to be fair.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gave the Boltgun a try on veteran, this is the gun 40k nerds orgasm over? it has firepower but it barely has any ammo and the reload takes an eternity and anything hitting back is going to send your reticule flying around the room when it is already pretty inaccurate, it's good at melting armored elites but I find most of my time as veteran is spent killing swarms of gunners taking cover and the boltgun is really bad at that.

15 shots with pierce is more than enough to blunt any squad of dudes.

However:

It also makes people loving explode when you shoot them and sounds chunky as hell, so yes, i'm all in on the boltfun.

E: Oh the game did throw me out of a mission when i hadn't taken any melee damage as the sharpshooter on malice. Right at the end. Didn't get the penance.

I'm a little annoyed about that, tbh.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Nov 24, 2022

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Game is fantastic, great class fantasy gameplay, level design is superb, music top notch etc.

Would love to see more armour/colour options, better readability on equipment stats, another pass on specials (audio cues), penance rebalance and probably a load of other things too.

Purge the heretic

Orv
May 4, 2011

dogstile posted:

15 shots with pierce is more than enough to blunt any squad of dudes.

However:

It also makes people loving explode when you shoot them and sounds chunky as hell, so yes, i'm all in on the boltfun.

E: Oh the game did throw me out of a mission when i hadn't taken any melee damage as the sharpshooter on malice. Right at the end. Didn't get the penance.

I'm a little annoyed about that, tbh.

Ironically I got that penance done by crashing at the end of a mission and reconnecting. Might be worth asking your team if they’ll wait while you alt-F4 and rejoin, given that that penance in particular is kind of a huge pain with how dogs and mutants are tuned at the moment.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Heh, that's a good idea, i'll probably do that tonight.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

also apparently you can get the Zealot one (complete a mission in under ten minutes with one wound left for most of it) by failing the mission

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Dravs posted:

I’m guessing the ludicrous dog movement patterns are an intentional design choice to give Psycher Brain Burst a clear advantage. As a corollary, advice to all Psychers: Please prioritize dogs. The rest of the team can kill the other specials (at least in theory).

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

The rumbler grenade launcher's lack of detonation on impact is a deal breaker though and is second tier.

I love the Rumbler. The projectile is incredibly clonky and meaty when you dome something in the head with it. It has a firing arc to show you exactly where it's gonna go when you ADS. The reload isn't long at all.

The only reason I'm using the Gauntlet over it right now is because there's a bug(?) where if you have the "bleed on heavy attack" talent it works on the fast Gauntlet melee swings, so you can quickly stack bleed on tanky targets.

Had a Diff 3 run last night where my team got downed and killed away from me and I managed to get the recovery going. You can see a Trapper take a Rumbler grenade to the face and die outright, feels good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwKNzLVjEvw

Orv
May 4, 2011
Rumbler is basically just more grenade boxes but these ones always explode.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'll never get tired of doming some rear end in a top hat with the grenade box so that sounds fantastic IMO

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

drrockso20 posted:

Man going for Grimoires or Tomes is just plain a trap that isn't worth the trouble they bring

Its kind of decent practice for transitioning from lvl 2 to 3 honestly. You gotta play smarter, cautiously, and get poo poo done faster.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I guess you need the max warp charges increase feat to do the Penance to stay on max charges for 5 minutes in a mission?
Had a malice mission where I stayed on 4 charges almost the entire way through, no dice.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

So I guess you need the max warp charges increase feat to do the Penance to stay on max charges for 5 minutes in a mission?
Had a malice mission where I stayed on 4 charges almost the entire way through, no dice.

It's miswritten/bugged, has to be Heresy not Malice.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Orv posted:

It's miswritten/bugged, has to be Heresy not Malice.

Has to be bugged then, there are already 2 other Heresy penances for Psyker further down on the list.

Edit: Also, the "Kill 5 different elites with Brain Burst within 10 seconds" penance seems impossible with the cast time it has. Is there a way to reduce it?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Diephoon posted:

I love the Rumbler. The projectile is incredibly clonky and meaty when you dome something in the head with it. It has a firing arc to show you exactly where it's gonna go when you ADS. The reload isn't long at all.

The only reason I'm using the Gauntlet over it right now is because there's a bug(?) where if you have the "bleed on heavy attack" talent it works on the fast Gauntlet melee swings, so you can quickly stack bleed on tanky targets.

Had a Diff 3 run last night where my team got downed and killed away from me and I managed to get the recovery going. You can see a Trapper take a Rumbler grenade to the face and die outright, feels good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwKNzLVjEvw

What's the shield like? I tried it and really didn't like the lack of big swingy bashyness. Does it block all firearms when held up?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It wouldn't surprise me if some of the achievements/penances are just hosed tbh, they're certification requirements technically on the consoles, they need to be achievable in actual gameplay and are supposed to be tested but they very rarely can all be verified in the very short time cert testing gets done in. They probably had what they had and will change them in the future to be more actually achievable, or new equipment makes them way more possible and the achievements were designed with that in mind but the equipment isn't in yet, stuff like that is pretty common.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

hemale in pain posted:

What's the shield like? I tried it and really didn't like the lack of big swingy bashyness. Does it block all firearms when held up?

It certainly blocks regular firearms, not sure about snipers, i'm having a lot of fun with it, the heavy attack just sweeps the shield around and puts everything on their backs

Orv
May 4, 2011
It blocks snipers and reapers but without stacked stamina curios you'll want to plant it for those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Orv posted:

You'd think the tradeoff of the Lucius pattern would be that for seven rounds you could handily one tap regular scab/dreg ranged guys to the chest yet it seems to do less damage than a Kantarel 12 which takes three a pop. :shrug:
Not that the Lucius is great or anything, but you should be able to one tap body-shot ranged guys even without fully charging the shot. (about 3/4th is enough) I've got a pretty low-level one too, a white mk1 with 144 power rating, and I can still do so on Malice.

Maybe you accidentally hit them in the arm? Or the later variants could be worse than the mk1.

Sharkopath posted:

Honestly all I think plasma needs is more ammo, its a bit undertuned right now but it really does feel like it has a niche compared to bolter, especially as a weapon you can just pull out immediately. Real elite, boss, and armor clearer, but a bit more ammo without going overboard would let you use it to still fight the occasional shoot group or pick off some guys here and there.
Yeah, I said before that the plasma is hella strong in the right hands, but it requires your team to be on the ball so that you can snipe and reload in peace. (and also for the others to not swipe all the ammo from you) It seems like a pretty high skill-cap gun compared to the bolter so pretty satisfying if you can make it work.

I'm guessing the camo feat would also work well with it.

Orv posted:

Becoming convinced that the Kantrael 12 is the best Vet gun outside of the bolter. One taps all specials to the head during Volley Fire except the Mutant (2) and Reaper and Bulwark (3.) It can't deal with a Crusher which is where the bolter wins out but I cannot stand the irons on the bolter or the ridiculous sway on it so I think that's my choice fairly made.
If I don't trust my teammates to snipe specials (which is almost always when pugging lol) I always take it on my Zealot too. For the Zealot being able to swap between melee and ranged quickly is pretty important too, so the Kantrael XII makes a good fit compared to the sluggish bolter.

Edit: Actually, I've been trying the newly buffed Infantry Autoguns (Agripinaa mk1 or something) and it's pretty decent at it too. It's probably still not as good as the Kantrael but if you ever need a change of pace it's not too bad as an alternative.

Exodee fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 24, 2022