Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mr Newsman posted:

After doing the archon disruption, I realize I suck balls at actually killing the disruptors. I'll be wailing on them and get them down to like 75% and someone comes in and just taps them and they instantly fall over.

Who's got a good general load out for disruption missions I can build to?

I'm not built up optimally either, but I bring two things:
- a 100% armor strip (generally Unairu, which has the perk of also stripping shields if needed).
- a gun that does a ton of damage instantly (I roll with a Kuva Hek, using the alt-fire quad-shot, but I presume pimped snipers do the trick too) because as I understand, damage mitigation massively punishes rate of fire. Kill mobs regularly to maintain stacks on your primary arcane too, I find the headshot one is cool for disruption, each stack lasting ages.

Optionally, bring something to slow/stop the demolysts: Nova's 4, Khora's helminth skill...

I don't one-shot the demos, but with the above, I can pull my weight and solo demolysts provided that I don't spot them too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Strength Mesa. Not the best but good enough. With xata's whisper on 1 and cleaned up archon disruption quite nice. My personal build is more of tank mesa though.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Laetum's incarnon mode will turbo murder demolysts and that's how I usually roll.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

temple posted:

Strength Mesa. Not the best but good enough. With xata's whisper on 1 and cleaned up archon disruption quite nice. My personal build is more of tank mesa though.

I bring a stat/crit Ignis wraith with that slash damage on crit and high strength hildryn pillage for armor/shield strip. It's probably far from optimal but it gets the job done.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i usually just use inaros so i can not care about the demo purging me and then unairu for armor strip (works well since you want to dash at them for lockdown anyway) and a felarx or stropha or something that does heavy damage.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, high rate of fire can work fine against demos. They also don't have caps on status procs like bosses, acolytes and liches do, so for example, my Titania with Roar can pretty consistently kill them before they get to the conduit, though after level 100 it usually takes 2 full mags. I've seen Mesa do well too.

Nova's 4 will slow them, but their nullifying pulse will cancel it so you will have to keep reapplying it. Magus Lockdown also works. Cold procs work, and Gloom works if you have a high enough range to stay out of the nullifying field

Unairu gives you a full armor and shield strip, Pillage with enough strength also does that. Vastilok with Shattering Impact strips armor too. Ash's Seeking Shuriken augment strips armor, and you can use Blade Storm between pulses to get finishers.

All infested demolishers are immune to viral procs. Juggernaut and Charger Demos are also immune to viral damage entirely. This is could be important because the Acceltra drops from an infested disruption mission, but I didn't know this at the time and I didn't have a problem.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Banshee's scream can also knock them around a fair bit, and even throw them far enough off course that you can really buy some time - Sonar spam can help a ton with damage, too, if you've got the energy to brute force past the null pulsing

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Sounds like I need to prioritize an armor strip! Good tips.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah that knocks off a ton of ehp unless you are just using like giant heavy attack bleeds, which is also a viable option

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Actually, I wonder how well the phantasma works. Lets see how demos stand up to like 800 heat procs

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
the other thing about Demolysts is they still have the early / naive version of damage attenuation where critical hits aren't factored into the scaling. bring a weapon that gets as much of its damage from crits as possible and you'll do well

e: or the Incarnon weapon buff that adds +2000% damage on half of non-crits, for similar reasons. or Banshee Sonar.

A Moose posted:

Actually, I wonder how well the phantasma works. Lets see how demos stand up to like 800 heat procs

heat proc stacking works well and works even better if you know how to exploit its quirks. subsequent heat procs after the first one don't reset its scaling properties, they just refresh the original -- so initiating a heat proc chain with, say, a Sentinel using Fired Up and then hosing an enemy down with a Phantasma or Ignis Wraith or similar can have very effective results

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 22, 2022

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Gloom with 272+ strength snapshotted on it will slow them by 95%, except for 1 second every 5 seconds when their nullifying bubble lets them run at full speed. But it's easy to set up and buys your party a lot of time while being subsumable on anyone. That slow will stack with 70% slow from rapid fire Epitaph stacks, and Gloom+Epitaph can be used by anyone.

It takes more practice but a very high range Spectrorage will override their AI where they will ignore their objective and try to stand in the exact center of it, and at max range their nullifier bubble won't reach the mirrors so you can stick them there indefinitely, even move them backwards by overlapping another mirror circle further back near them.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Magus Lockdown dashes are pretty effective, too. It has diminishing returns, but it's usually enough.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I solod all of SP demos with nyx bolts + magus lockdown + stropha or something built for slash. Guess ill find out how it works against Archon hunt modifiers these days.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Should work fairly well, I remember Nyx working well when I was running her for lots of higher end content.

A Moose posted:

Ash's Seeking Shuriken augment strips armor, and you can use Blade Storm between pulses to get finishers.

You can also spam fatal teleport to lock them in place with finishers and not worry about blade storm marks disappearing to one of their bubbles, if that even happens.

I like the sound of that spectrorage strat too.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

FunkyFjord posted:

Should work fairly well, I remember Nyx working well when I was running her for lots of higher end content.

You can also spam fatal teleport to lock them in place with finishers and not worry about blade storm marks disappearing to one of their bubbles, if that even happens.

I like the sound of that spectrorage strat too.

They actually nerfed the fatal teleport lock, it no longer stops them from moving anymore, according to the wiki https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Demolisher

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Dang, I really liked that trick.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
I'm pretty sure I've used Ash's Blade Storm to lock demolysts in place. I could be wrong though.

The Zariman primaries with the 50% of noncrits dealing +2000% damage (functionally the same as having 45% crit chance with a 21x crit multiplier without having to invest mods), plus Xata's Whisper, absolutely deletes Archon demolysts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are a lot of tricks and exploits to deal with demos that were patched out. then de moved on from disruption so the ones that have popped up since then were left alone.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

at one point couldnt you switch teleport them off a ledge?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Awesome! posted:

at one point couldnt you switch teleport them off a ledge?

Not only that, but the live event where Disruption was introduced got a bunch of people banned for doing it.

(Really bad call imo. Patch it, sure, but calling that an exploit when it's literally just a straightforward use of the skill is absurd.)

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Subsume styanax.
Use his tharos strike to perma push them backwards and remove 100% shields and armour.
It's impossible to fail if you have energy.

I melted my freebie Styanax for it as he's neither worth building, buying or using for the same level of content.
His tharos strike is excellent on any frame that can rush someone in the face though. I use it on Wukong to just fly through the map to the next demo and give em the old bonk.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Khablam posted:

His tharos strike is excellent on any frame that can rush someone in the face though. I use it on Wukong to just fly through the map to the next demo and give em the old bonk.

I still have an insane amount of trouble locating demos sometimes. the audio isn't as consistent as i'd like it to be and i've been caught flat footed by one sauntering up to the console and it sounds like its three halls away

the visual indicator just might not as well exist sometimes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, each time you use a key some fucker starts talking. i really wish there was an audio setting just for disruption you could crank up and mute the rest. my hearing sucks!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also, each time you use a key some fucker starts talking. i really wish there was an audio setting just for disruption you could crank up and mute the rest. my hearing sucks!

You can turn down only "transmission volume" I think it's called which is all of the pop-up window voices.

Yeah it's annoying to have a game mode that practically requires headphones. I think if you use Primed Animal Instinct it helps to catch demos in radar sooner?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Zero VGS posted:

I think if you use Primed Animal Instinct it helps to catch demos in radar sooner?

They added some vague red tinge or something that... I guess is supposed to help? I've only kind of noticed it out of the corner of my eye in the particle nightmare that is Warframe. Disruption and Lua Rescue remain very much sound-only modes.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

I still have an insane amount of trouble locating demos sometimes. the audio isn't as consistent as i'd like it to be and i've been caught flat footed by one sauntering up to the console and it sounds like its three halls away

I have been told many times where the visual indicator is supposed to be, what it is supposed to look like and in what range to expect to see it pop up, I have looked for it many, many, many times, possibly for hours (I like lua disrupt okay?) and I have yet to see it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is there supposed to be something other than the waymark that pops up when someone gets close and the red pulsing around it?

Zombeef
Feb 15, 2014

hazardousmouse posted:

If you are on the same time as the demo you will be able to hear them. Quickly poking your head through all of the doors that lead out from the conduit's room will let you find them very quickly. In general they're going to spawn from the direction that mooks are spawning from.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Can you bring buddies on quest missions? Because this engine cowling thing for the railjack is loving hard, and it's not even particularly engaging, it's just drowning in corpus in an icy area that erodes my shields and also the battalysts show up and I can't get out from under, because the goddamn point I'm supposed to guard is in a cold zone. I've tried it like ten times with three different frames and it's the same result: I get to about 55% and then I just drown because I have like two full squads of corpus AND battalysts AND ALSO the interference drones and if I go to deal with one, the other two will burn me down.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Nessus posted:

Can you bring buddies on quest missions? Because this engine cowling thing for the railjack is loving hard
You can check the wiki to confirm which quests are solo only, which is unfortunately the case here.
code:
Rising Tide is a solo-only Quest
You can still throw various specters of course, which you always should if youre a beginner struggling solo.
I think i just used Mesa a ton - theyre just lvl 25 enemies after all - and cruised through it back in 2019, but of course you didn't specify what frames or guns (or focus nodes/arcanes) you have available, so it's hard to be more specific.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

You can check the wiki to confirm which quests are solo only, which is unfortunately the case here.
code:
Rising Tide is a solo-only Quest
You can still throw various specters of course, which you always should if youre a beginner struggling solo.
I think i just used Mesa a ton - theyre just lvl 25 enemies after all - and cruised through it back in 2019, but of course you didn't specify what frames or guns (or focus nodes/arcanes) you have available, so it's hard to be more specific.
Not a lot of focus, just Zenurik - I did try installing some of the crappy arcanes I've accumulated. I did manage to cheese it after dropping a saryn spectre to help me out though. Hurray! It was pretty close, though. I had been primarily using Gara but had also tried Saryn Prime and Mesa, I probably wasn't orienting right to wax the entire room with Mesa.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Mailer posted:

They added some vague red tinge or something that... I guess is supposed to help? I've only kind of noticed it out of the corner of my eye in the particle nightmare that is Warframe. Disruption and Lua Rescue remain very much sound-only modes.

This is also something that makes it hard to run for me - I play without sound.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The "im solo help" crack team you want on call is
- trinity/oberon spectre
- ancient healer spectre

The healer gives you 90% DR and either warframe will heal with perfect reactions whenever you take heavy damage.

Protea is the best overall specter these days, but if it's just survivability you're after the healers will sort you out better.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

The shield osprey specter is good too though nowhere near as much. Clem is also helpful and friendly to have on call.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sortie disruption really needs to be 6 rather than 8. Missing one meaning an extra round just invites people leaving, and for good reason because disruption takes forever and isn't fun.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you dont need to do the full round, just enough for the ones you missed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Awesome! posted:

you dont need to do the full round, just enough for the ones you missed.

Yeah but that's still an extra between round time and eximus hunt you have to do. Really I'm mostly just salty because disruption sucks so bad, and it really highlights the game's problems at high levels and how dogshit attenuation is as a mechanic (on top of the usual problems with armor generally).

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Disruption has several mechanical points in its favor so I don't agree the mode itself is bad.

a team can progress one or up to all 4 objectives for the round simultaneously so you can clear rounds fast, and your reward table isn't the godawful AABC repeat -- Instead you can get into C on round three and stay there forever. That's awesome. I want this in every endless game mode.

demos having attenuation are a symptom of a greater issue, sure, but mechanically disruption absolutely does not suck

e: there's a lot of things to bring that can trivialize these nerds with slow/stuns if your burst damage isn't up to the job, but "a kuva zarr" does it for anything short of steel path. as always with attenuation, bring a gun with absurdly high critical damage and they're done.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Disruption owns, and people leave sortie/archon hunts for the weirdest reasons besides "not understanding the gamemode or how mission completion works" so a minor number tweak aint helping there.
Even if you gently caress up repeatedly it's a ton faster than other gamemodes, and you basically can't hard fail the mission unless you deliberately go for some max-rot-A strat and screw it up.

If you don't like the mode or can be bothered to look up some build to take care of demos just skip the sortie or run it with a premade who can carry you through it.