Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Olympic Mathlete posted:

*edit: ^^^^ That looks like such an afterthought.

Oh you're right. It's tiny!

Yep. I found it when I went actually looking into the car and found it... I don't know. Cheesy? Overly Designed? For the modernist gaze? Tech bro?

I'd like to drive one though and check it out in earnest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Motronic posted:

SLUT LIFE

shoutout to my people who say this out loud every time they see it

bonus points if you say it like Ice Cube saying "west side"

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

WTFBEES posted:

I saw a very bad car today, so now you have to see it too.

A non-functional roof scoop is bad, but not the worst thing. We can put that aside and instead focus on this wing.

Wing? Maybe?

Seriously what is going on here? I kept staring at it trying to make sense of any of what this was supposed to be. Did they accidentally mount it backwards? Upside down? I have no idea but somehow it looked even dumber in person than it does in these pictures.

On the plus side, there were way more good cars at the Good Guys show, so those'll go in the other thread.

This was wormed into my brain, you're not the first one to see it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shitty_Car_Mods/comments/q08pxm/valid/

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/10/the-rear-wing-on-this-c7-corvette-stingray-looks-like-it-took-the-wrong-corner/

I'm dying to know where this wing came from.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Motronic posted:

SLUT LIFE

I read it correctly the first time I saw it but since I was about 750 miles from the nearest source of salt water I thought the stickers were about salted winter roads.

e: I wouldn't have known that was a kia logo without this thread

Galler fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 23, 2022

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There's a fix!

https://www.theautopian.com/the-new-kia-logo-is-confusing-thousands-of-people-and-were-issuing-a-technical-service-bulletin-to-fix-it/

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Oh, hey!

There's a car with the lower right "Korean" logo in my work parking lot sometimes and I was wondering what that is. Thanks!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Uthor posted:

There's a car with the lower right "Korean" logo in my work parking lot sometimes and I was wondering what that is. Thanks!

It's a Lexus but not quite so boring

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I read it as KИ - pronounced 'ki', cyrillic.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

theyve already got italic honda and "we have bentley at home" so i think i think it would be appropriate if they brought the busted lexus logo overseas too

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

All the people in here saying they saw it as KN says you're wrong. Do you work for the consultancy that sold them the re-brand? :v:

Similarly rear end is Polestar's logo which is just a crappy star, nothing else on the car that tells you what it is. I post in AI, I know who Polestar are but I imagine a lot of people see the car and think "ooh that's nice, what is it?" but aren't actually able to find out. Seems silly to me. Your car is the ad but if they don't know what it is how are they meant to have a gander?

I don’t know, it probably says more about who they want to sell the car too than the company.

If you want your car plastered in advertising, buy the inevitable Volvo version

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I also thought it said KN

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

It actually says ITVI

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

its the latin spelling actually

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Clearly the lambda at the end indicates Greek!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I actually like the minimalism of the polestar logo.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

StormDrain posted:

Also as a point of order they do have a marking low on the door that identifies the model and some poo poo. It looks like a tag on a video game asset in dev mode or something.

That's factory? The only Polestars I see are from a car share company so I assumed those tags were something they'd added.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nah the Kia logo is actually entirely big wet dogshit. Stylize your logo until it's unreadable by people with perfect vision? Not a victory

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Not terrible car stuff but he talks about the logo about 2 minutes in. The text on the side is normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpdjxeK9K1A

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm just baffled by the people who think that a logo has to be an instantly legible wordmark. When did that become the rule??

Do you get upset about that mysterious car brand out there with the four Os on it? Do you Google OOOO CAR to try to figure out what it is?

How about that one that has like a Y but upside down? Must be some sort of brand that starts with a Y, right?

There is nothing wrong with stylizing the logo to the point where it's a graphic instead of a wordmark. You will rapidly get used to it and quit being confused, the same way you learned to recognize every other car badge. Sheesh

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
logos and words are different things, overly stylized words that are meant to be signs or brand marks or otherwise legible words but are not legible to non-hosed up humans are stupid. Sorry about your broken adbrain.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Weird complaining about the Polestar logo. How is it functionally different from any of the other symbol logos without text like say Merc or Chrysler (star) or Renault or whatever?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Ehhhh it's not complaining as such, I just notice them pushing a brand with no brand recognition (even on car forums!) and nothing to actually help that when the cars are out in public unless you can manage to read the text on the front wing. The cars attract attention but don't take advantage of that properly imo, which is...... bad if you want people to know where to buy one. I'm not saying they should be emblazoned with 6ft brand names but a crumb of a clue for the average Joe stuck behind one in traffic can't be a bad thing.

You should take a look at the branding of some of those companies you mention to find at which point they were able to drop the brand name and just run with the logo (assuming the logo didn't contain the brand name anyway). It's a good while for some of them!

For some actual complaining: I hate how the media will try to rehabilitate killers if they're white and rich. Doubly so if the killing involves a vehicle. She ran over two kids in her SUV.

https://twitter.com/Actually_Tina/status/1595254840107896834?t=OdpF2z3F-RmmsBcfX01bjA&s=19

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 23, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Olympic Mathlete posted:

For some actual complaining: I hate how the media will try to rehabilitate killers if they're white and rich. Doubly so if the killing involves a vehicle. She ran over two kids in her SUV.

https://twitter.com/Actually_Tina/status/1595254840107896834?t=OdpF2z3F-RmmsBcfX01bjA&s=19

loving yikes. Eat poo poo Los Angeles Magazine.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Sagebrush posted:

I'm just baffled by the people who think that a logo has to be an instantly legible wordmark. When did that become the rule??

Do you get upset about that mysterious car brand out there with the four Os on it? Do you Google OOOO CAR to try to figure out what it is?

How about that one that has like a Y but upside down? Must be some sort of brand that starts with a Y, right?

There is nothing wrong with stylizing the logo to the point where it's a graphic instead of a wordmark. You will rapidly get used to it and quit being confused, the same way you learned to recognize every other car badge. Sheesh

Pretty much what I was thinking.

Polestar's branding and marketing strategy overall is weird and strange and the issues go far beyond what badges they do or do not stick on the cars.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

<googles name>

"Socialite"
So basically what we used to call influencers.

Go to jail and rot

slidebite fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 23, 2022

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

That one goon whose screen name is "yeah i eat rear end" drives a subaru?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Jonny Nox posted:

Oh 90s Chrysler white paint.

Always and forever terrible

I'd bet money that was a '00s Crown Vic, or at least Ford.
Source: mine.

Best part is the poo poo won't feather-edge worth a poo poo, either. and where it did, the paint lifted at the edges when I primered it. Oy.

AFewBricksShy posted:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

Not even close.

What REALLY irritates me about "Salt Life" is it's not about Bonneville.

Good for you. I mean really, no kink-shaming, but I don't really think it needs advertising.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Darchangel posted:

I'd bet money that was a '00s Crown Vic, or at least Ford.
Source: mine.

Lots of complaints about white paint sheeting off on Hyundai cars too

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The fun continues!

https://twitter.com/thealso/status/1595763316831707136?t=X867qurBT7eBWwQ1XPodng&s=19

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Oh no. No....

My dumb rear end was trying to diagnose a misfire. hosed with the fuel injectors and it went wrong.

Finally hosed off all the fire extinguisher powder to reveal horrors...

How hosed am I :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Oh no. No....

My dumb rear end was trying to diagnose a misfire. hosed with the fuel injectors and it went wrong.

Finally hosed off all the fire extinguisher powder to reveal horrors...

How hosed am I :(

I dont even know what the gently caress lmao. And you were at a petrol station while you were doing this? Jfc

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice
I was gonna dump a can of seafoam in the tank and top it off to see if that would help the misfire situation. Last ditch attempt before having to buy parts or take it to a shop.

I only noticed the smoke after I turned the car off next to the pump. Didn't want to start back up obviously. Putting it into neutral would have rolled it right up to the door of the store. Thankfully Sheetz has extinguishers at the pumps. Used my official OSHA training 🙂

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

It only says no smoking at the pumps, not no burning down your car.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
At least you can go inside and get some jalapeno popperz and cheezy tater bacon bombz while you figure out what to do with your life

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice
A guy called ihop comments on my choice of gas station food and explosion danger. A banner day to be sure. A sad actual fact is that I emerged from the haze of extinguisher powder to pick up my nitro cold brew with cream and large mozz sticks.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^^^ yikes, that's not a great thing to have happened.

Speaking of cars setting themselves alight:
https://twitter.com/KeirWillow/status/1595822150493020164?t=3dlO15lT6hwAdn4vbDxFKg&s=19

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
"product is now available to people who have bought that product"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

"product is now available to people who have bought that product"

If memory serves the deal is you could buy it before release at a discount starting years ago, so there have been a lot of people who paid for full self dying and never had a good enough gamer driver score or didn't live in their testing geofence so they never had a chance to use it. Muskman has now decided to expand the geofence to include all of Canada and North America and drop the driver score requirement. Looking forward to a bunch of post Thanksgiving disasters from this. Buckle up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/dave_chocolate/status/1595854692629843968