Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClB3OELDkQr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Russell very relatable to the common man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

george russell is in my nightmare blunt rotation

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if he didn't have a driver, he'd end up punting an old woman in a golf into some pedestrians within 10 seconds of starting the journey so it's for the best.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Without side pods the Mercedes looked like a deflated balloon and drove like one too.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Russell is a meat popsicle

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Bucky Fullminster posted:

And Russell was just a genuinely great driver all along to come and beat Lewis in the same car?

The PR explanation if you choose to believe it is that while the car was complete poo poo Hamilton ran a bunch more experimental set ups to help the team which is why Russel trounced him in the beginning of the year. He got better over the course of the year and they ended about even but who's to say if it really was the setup stuff or if that was just a cover.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

I assume Russell was trying to be safe/consistent for his first season vs. Hamilton wanted to win and thus had to take more risks with setups to even have a chance

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

track day bro! posted:

i didn’t watch a single race this season and i wont watch the next i assume Scuderia MissionWinNow Ferrari won every race

yes, correct

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

SocksAndSandals posted:

I assume Russell was trying to be safe/consistent for his first season vs. Hamilton wanted to win and thus had to take more risks with setups to even have a chance

I thought everyone in Mercedes has said several times that Russell was always driving the more ‘stable’ setup and Hamilton was driving the ‘development’ setup

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
Didn’t Ross Brawn even jump in to say something about Hamilton running more experimental setups?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

i didn’t watch a single race this season and i wont watch the next i assume Scuderia MissionWinNow Ferrari won every race

Yess exactly. It was very For The Win OP

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Didn’t Ross Brawn even jump in to say something about Hamilton running more experimental setups?

There's no appeasing the haters so I just wish them the best and keep moving. #StillWeRise

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lmao if you're brain damaged enough to think Russell is as good as Hamilton. Hamilton has always loving phoned it in when the car is poo poo. If you think Russell actually is a good driver then you need to stop watching GB News

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

I feel like it was earlier than that. Like maybe around the Vettelreich era
In my complete analysis of the worst tread 2002-2017 I successfully determined the point at which the tread became the worst.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I thought everyone in Mercedes has said several times that Russell was always driving the more ‘stable’ setup and Hamilton was driving the ‘development’ setup
lmao if you believe this I cannot help you
Lewis may have run some different setups in FP1 but he was beaten by Russel because he was too busy having a paddy about RBR cheating with their floor

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lewis let george win becuase lewis is a nice guy and 2nd might as well be last to him since he is also a proven winner

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

italian quid posted:

lmao if you're brain damaged enough to think Russell is as good as Hamilton. Hamilton has always loving phoned it in when the car is poo poo. If you think Russell actually is a good driver then you need to stop watching GB News

when ham hangs up the helmet norris at merc is gonna make george look silly

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

ethanol posted:

lewis let george win becuase lewis is a nice guy and 2nd might as well be last to him since he is also a proven winner

Word is Sir Lewis was so broken up about the cloud of skepticism hovering over last year's WDC that he decided to let Max run away with this one. This is what it means to be #blessed, heathens.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

marshalljim posted:

Word is Sir Lewis was so broken up about the cloud of skepticism hovering over last year's WDC that he decided to let Max run away with this one. This is what it means to be #blessed, heathens.

no he was given a bad car and he didnt want to break his neck for table scraps being a proven race winner

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

theres never been more visual evidence of a bad car than lewis head being jolted at 400 hz on international television

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
George Russell is the Alan Partridge of f1

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

anyways if you guys are considering 512 gb vs 1 tb mac i suggest just getting the smaller one because what are you putting on there that takes up space? theres no video games or anything so you'll save a lot of money. the best deal right now is the macbook 14 pro base model. thats what i got . before you go refurbished or used of course. just be aware that i got the 20% discount black friday 'deal' 2 months ago when apple tricked evertbody into thinking the m2 pro was coming out and then juked but maybe it will drop more tomorrow

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Khablam posted:

In my complete analysis of the worst tread 2002-2017 I successfully determined the point at which the tread became the worst.

Go on then.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

george beat latifi by 9 points in a season.
he beat ham by 35 points.

ergo, latifi still better

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I will release the analysis when DTS airs.
So we have some actual verifiable facts to discuss that week.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Khablam posted:

I will release the analysis when DTS airs.
So we have some actual verifiable facts to discuss that week.

Post the database in the meantime.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

anyways if you guys are considering 512 gb vs 1 tb mac i suggest just getting the smaller one because what are you putting on there that takes up space? theres no video games or anything so you'll save a lot of money. the best deal right now is the macbook 14 pro base model. thats what i got . before you go refurbished or used of course. just be aware that i got the 20% discount black friday 'deal' 2 months ago when apple tricked evertbody into thinking the m2 pro was coming out and then juked but maybe it will drop more tomorrow

with SSD pricing as stupid as it is if you have any actual storage needs you're better off just buying a NAS.

I don't get why people (more specifically Mac users) are always holding out for even more powerful Macs when the entry level M1 was already so stupidly overpowered for like 99% of what I do. Is everyone running loving gene sequencing simulations on their MacBook airs and I'm just unaware about it?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

He should try "experimenting" with not being a bad driver OP

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
F1 cars may have fenders during wet races…

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7GVppjxNt0

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I think Sir Lewis needs to have another crack at dating one of the Pussy Cat Dolls again, that really helped him in past struggles!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
is newey the only designer who was around during ground effect

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Byrne was.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!

italian quid posted:

that's just smart driving

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Pastry gonna make Norris look silly

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ArmZ posted:

is newey the only designer who was around during ground effect
Newey is a spent force who is coasting along on name recognition and hasn't designed anything good in years.

Oh wait sorry I'm posting from my database of terrible takes ITT

3 points to whoever can ID the culprit on that one.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Newey is a spent force who is coasting along on name recognition and hasn't designed anything good in years.

Oh wait sorry I'm posting from my database of terrible takes ITT

3 points to whoever can ID the culprit on that one.

That could definitely have been me after a couple of vodkas but there are so many learned posters ITT that it's hard to pin down.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
ferrari should bring back maurizio arrivabene

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Looks like Binotto is about to resign.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
'Resign'