Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Edits have been around for a while but I believe we’re limited to a very small subset of users. Twitter loves that sort of rollout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It was one of the features of the old Twitter blue, put out right before Elon came in.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/dylanlscott/status/1595469546390945793?s=46&t=1KUp9Z8SeqIVZ3OQgDzCfg

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"I am loathe to intellectualize dril" haha tell us how jealous you really are big boy

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1595694227262164992

Making old internal communication public to prove a conspiracy theory. I’m sure the very normal and rational people in Musk’s online circles will do very normal things with whatever bullshit information he publicizes.

It’s important to remember that by “far left” Musk means the US Democratic Party and by “far right” he means “people who say slurs so I can’t actually say they aren’t a racist/homophobe/etc.”

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I'm sorry if this type of wording is frowned upon but, in light of the Thanksgiving evening firings and Elon's complete lack of ability to comprehend why conservatives might possibly get more negative attention than others, I just want to say: loving dipshit.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I would like to take a college course on weird Twitter

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

This was in that thread:

Love it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

I would like to take a college course on weird Twitter

It'll be a module in a course somewhere. Everything is.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

loving Moron posted:

This was in that thread:

Love it.

Can they make a movie where Elon is a failson Batman who can’t do poo poo and Dril is Bane just constantly doing everything better than him

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Please don’t post links to Babylon Bee videos unmarked. Giving them YouTube views is abhorrent.

One of my coworkers started playing that video after a team meeting yesterday and it's just amazing how unfunny it is. Also I'm really glad that guy is not on my team, because good god, who volunteers that he thinks that's funny?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

goatface posted:

It'll be a module in a course somewhere. Everything is.

I am a Doctor Of Advanced Twitterology.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/VermilViathan/status/1595681861740728320?s=20&t=9SgRUBU2exFYOXLHIcvphg

hmm seems bad

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

folks if you want to influence twitter policy there's exactly one guy you need to talk to and that is Stephen King

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Not like his reinstated people are doing much better

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I for one am shocked that the blood emerald guy is a far right racist.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Name something more pathetic than absolute terminal cases of social media addiction saying the engineers that keep their addiction fed "don't have real jobs".

Dumb fucks would absolutely piss and cry if they were given a sprint to develop a POC for a new API.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i mean its a more academic way of saying "shitposting skill can't be bought, its natural talent, dril has it and elon doesn't".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

People are acting like this is new? Fucker comes from Apartheid money it'd be weirder if he hadn't already been cozy with most of these fucks.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jet Jaguar posted:

One of my coworkers started playing that video after a team meeting yesterday and it's just amazing how unfunny it is. Also I'm really glad that guy is not on my team, because good god, who volunteers that he thinks that's funny?

Literally just the attack helicopter joke AGAIN

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean its a more academic way of saying "shitposting skill can't be bought, its natural talent, dril has it and elon doesn't".

I knew someone who did a stand up comedy module at university. That would probably fit in with a lot of their insights.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Decon posted:

Name something more pathetic than absolute terminal cases of social media addiction saying the engineers that keep their addiction fed "don't have real jobs".

Dumb fucks would absolutely piss and cry if they were given a sprint to develop a POC for a new API.

POC? Sounds woke to me. I knew this place was full of libcucks.

mind the walrus posted:

People are acting like this is new? Fucker comes from Apartheid money it'd be weirder if he hadn't already been cozy with most of these fucks.

Elon is definitely going mask-off in a way he has not done so previously. You could see obvious signs and actions but they’d be hand waved away or never discussed.

Related: I’ll be honest, seeing Twitter (even in this broken state where things are failing to load) become a Chud Amplifier is depressing. The Twitter fail news is no longer as fun as when it was just a failing corporate meltdown.

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

From blind

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Decon posted:

They'd piss and cry as soon as you used the acronym 'POC'.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1595485497668911105

In actual news: yes they fired more seniors

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1595818243620380672

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Azhais posted:

I hope these people honestly never get vaccinated

Stick to your guns on this one please

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Agents are GO! posted:

They'd piss and cry as soon as you used the acronym 'POC'.

POC? Sounds woke to me. I knew this place was full of libcucks.

I'm amazed every day that my chudlite manager doesn't whinge when he asks me for an update on the POC I've had on my plate as side work.

But he's also been thight lipped with his Muskratting so we'll see what he's got to say after the holidays.

Edwardly posted:

From blind

For the love of gently caress this should be a slam dunk case in court but America is a plutocratic nightmare.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Good. Twitter should have stayed at 140.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

limit twitter to 2 characters and they are the laughcry emojis

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Edwardly posted:

From blind

omg

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

kazil posted:

limit twitter to 2 characters and they are the laughcry emojis

Elon Newspeak. Double plus cry laugh

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1595805159270989824

“Your code is not satisfactory” is just remarkable, really.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

I hope these people honestly never get vaccinated

Stick to your guns on this one please

They are all vaccinated.

You would have to be an idiot to not get vaccinated and these people are grifters. Not idiots.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

It reminds me of that long flat Earth video proof actually being definite proof of the Earth being round.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ymgve posted:

Good. Twitter should have stayed at 140.

Employees? Don't worry, they're getting there.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
And yet no major corporation or massive entertainment star has made any move to withdraw from Twitter and shutter their accounts.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Some of those experienced coders are eventually really going to help perfect the green wall.

Thanks elon!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

davecrazy posted:

And yet no major corporation or massive entertainment star has made any move to withdraw from Twitter and shutter their accounts.

Humans love watching train wrecks and it’s very rare to get to watch it from inside the train

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
Most of your code was tests and some of them were failing, so you must have written them wrong. Plus, you're in the lower quintile of devs based on lines of code committed to production.

I'm afraid we're going to have to let you go.

Edit: actually you are important come back please

Edit 2: ok now you're fired because you weren't at your desk last night when I walked by

Edit 3: for legal reasons we're reclassifying you as equipment so we can legally dispose of you without extra paperwork

Edit 4: our records show you still have custody of our equipment and it must be returned

Edit 5: why aren't you working at your desk? You know we ended remote work. I'm afraid this means you've resigned

Edit 6: due to your resignation we will not offer you severance and you need to return all the equipment or you will be prosecuted

Edit 7: we're hiring and offering recruitment bonuses if you have any friends or colleagues you can recommend!

RDM fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Azhais posted:

Why is he using his Grindr profile pic on Twitter?