Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

TulliusCicero posted:

I hope these people honestly never get vaccinated

Stick to your guns on this one please

Andrew Tate is absolutely vaxxed to his ears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
First Lowtax banned the pedophiles, and I did not speak out because they were actual pedophiles and not like a dogwhistle for trans people. Then Lowtax banned the furries, and I did not speak out because I was not a furry. Then Lowtax took a break from moderating and mods unbanned the furries. Everyone* lived happily ever after. The end.
*except Lowtax

Whatever happened to that horny XCOM snake tits poster?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Somebody pointed out that Elon stopped using the laughing tears emoji in the past few days, so he must be paying attention to the constant dunking on everything he does. Keep it up!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1595818243620380672
Part of Ihara’s tweet says ‘lol I wasn’t one of the people they asked to submit code, and then they fired me for failing the code review’

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Spam filtering: 1 engineer.

loving :laffo:

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

I love this tweet, it’s peak Yud. Itemize everything into some unit or measurement (employees, empathy points, pain units), equalize everything with zero context, and then extrapolate to the dumbest conclusion possible.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Interesting seeing people talk about engineering as if then get simple stuff like how something growing exponentially works. It's not just 5x times harder, it's to the power of 5, friend.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1595826609327837186

Bonus round:

https://twitter.com/lorakolodny/status/1595810879492063234

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Truly intelligent insightful people go through life with imposter syndrome and dipshits like this just say whatever and people look up to them lmaoooo I'm becoming the joker for the 4958537375th time

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Normally I don’t think you could do a copyright claim on a meme, but I guess in this case you could argue that the image wss being used as advertising material for twitter?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

davecrazy posted:

And yet no major corporation or massive entertainment star has made any move to withdraw from Twitter and shutter their accounts.

Didn't a ton of businesses tell their social media teams to stop posting to twitter but to keep the accounts so they couldn't be impersonated?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Gerblyn posted:

Normally I don’t think you could do a copyright claim on a meme, but I guess in this case you could argue that the image wss being used as advertising material for twitter?

Milo Minara suing Twitter for being too horny is a thing that is real and I am here for it

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

My self driving car startup is one engineer to turn left, one to turn right, one to hit the gas, and one to hit the brakes. Then everything is 5x harder to do in the real world so I have 20 engineers.

My rocket startup is cheaper, I just need the one engineer for going up.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1595818243620380672
Part of Ihara’s tweet says ‘lol I wasn’t one of the people they asked to submit code, and then they fired me for failing the code review’

Its okay. Hes very excited that he's going to get to tell his friends in japan that he got to sue someone

https://twitter.com/nabokov7/status/1595830998104944641

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

RDM posted:

My self driving car startup is one engineer to turn left, one to turn right, one to hit the gas, and one to hit the brakes. Then everything is 5x harder to do in the real world so I have 20 engineers.

amazing how people who talk about engineering don't know poo poo about engineering

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Elon Newspeak. Double plus cry laugh

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1595805159270989824

“Your code is not satisfactory” is just remarkable, really.

So it was really just to use as an excuse to fire some people.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

kazil posted:

Didn't a ton of businesses tell their social media teams to stop posting to twitter but to keep the accounts so they couldn't be impersonated?

Yes, plus advertising pauses continue, and also several very large entertainment stars have left Twitter quite vocally. Elon is pissed about all of it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Interesting seeing people talk about engineering as if then get simple stuff like how something growing exponentially works. It's not just 5x times harder, it's to the power of 5, friend.

1^5 = 1, wrap it up irrationailures :agesilaus:

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

HappyHippo posted:

It's like calling the refs biased because they called more penalties on your team. Maybe your team just commits more fouls?

True but when the refs have employement history with the team getting foules called on, it warrents looking into

for example

https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlos-monje

worked for twitter then the biden campaign and now the current administration. also the refs made no claim to be neutral or impartial

also the hunter laptop story was an amazing chance for change and it was wasted.

DHS has a special portal for fighting disinformation

https://theintercept.com/2022/10/31/social-media-disinformation-dhs/

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Gerblyn posted:

Any work of art fixed to a medium is copyrightable and indeed is so automatically under the Berne Convention. The meme would also be a derivative work for which there may be in fact live questions of its own copyright status; in the event the artist can and should absolutely sue the poo poo out of Musk because there's no fair use doctrine for wholesale appropriating an image without credit.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Ups_rail posted:

for example

Say what you mean instead of a list of garbage data points.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Remember that Yud is where all that LessWrong poo poo comes from and thinks that one person being tortured forever is preferable to everyone in the world getting an eyelash in their eye.

They itemized it all out and you can’t argue with math. That’s what makes then Rationalists. :smug:

Elon totally has this sort of brain worm too but to a lesser extent.

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

davecrazy posted:

And yet no major corporation or massive entertainment star has made any move to withdraw from Twitter and shutter their accounts.

been in a few meetings with large media companies about this and the discussion was "look its bad right now, but maybe it will get better? twitter has been a good tool for us can we wait it out?"

the hand wringing on it will last a long time

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Tunicate posted:

1^5 = 1, wrap it up irrationailures :agesilaus:

Lollllll

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ups_rail posted:

True but when the refs have employement history with the team getting foules called on, it warrents looking into

for example

https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlos-monje

worked for twitter then the biden campaign and now the current administration. also the refs made no claim to be neutral or impartial

also the hunter laptop story was an amazing chance for change and it was wasted.

DHS has a special portal for fighting disinformation

https://theintercept.com/2022/10/31/social-media-disinformation-dhs/

Source your quotes

...how is right wing rag made-up story about Hunter Biden's laptop an "amazing chance for change?"

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

To build a house, you need a wood guy (1 person), a plumbing person (1 person), and an electricity installer (1 person). 3 people should be able to make a house in 1 day or else they should all be fired.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Just catching up after traveling but lol of all places to put geohotz they put him on front end. All these non front end people took one html class and think it’s all super easy. Lol at him not being able to figure out some basic poo poo like updating UIs

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

RDM posted:

Your management style is pure bloat, left/right and gas/brakes can be combined into single positions by just multiplying everything by -1

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Also Elon firing h1b visa holders for less severance is on point.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

It's one Twitter Michael, how many engineers can it need? 10?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Strong Sauce posted:

Just catching up after traveling but lol of all places to put geohotz they put him on front end. All these non front end people took one html class and think it’s all super easy. Lol at him not being able to figure out some basic poo poo like updating UIs

Absolutely loving amazing these people see themselves as swiss army knives rather than tools (literally and figuratively)

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Sanctum posted:

First Lowtax banned the pedophiles, and I did not speak out because they were actual pedophiles and not like a dogwhistle for trans people. Then Lowtax banned the furries, and I did not speak out because I was not a furry. Then Lowtax took a break from moderating and mods unbanned the furries. Everyone* lived happily ever after. The end.
*except Lowtax

Whatever happened to that horny XCOM snake tits poster?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3958040&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post512254810

e: I think The Bloop, someone else who used to post here, ate a perma in the same thread for the same thing

vaginite fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 24, 2022

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

davecrazy posted:

Jack White did :shrug:

Wouldn't expect this to change overnight, as Twitter is *super* integrated into the web as it currently is. One reason people are posting so many tweets here is that this site auto-handles showing an embed, making it very easy to share. Seems like at the moment everyone is eyeing the door, and probably laying groundwork for the Post-Twitter world, but wouldn't expect major corps to decide overnight to drastically change their immediate social strategies. That kind of whiplash and acting on a whim aren't usually seen as solid strategy, as *hand gestures to the room* is kind of showing.

The H1B1 stuff is gross. Know people who work on those, and it's already a kind of sword of Damocles. That gives them 60 days *over the holidays* to find a new job that will sponsor and do the paperwork to continue that. Wildly cruel to do over a loving code review.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

waffle iron posted:

Say what you mean instead of a list of garbage data points.

see now your just baiting to explain a linkin profile, and news article. if you need help understanding those I dont know what to tell you.

But if I try to explain it you will then call me dumb. I will then explain more. Then a mod will prob me for a strange reason. Then I will end up in a pm conversation with the mods...again.

tell you what buddy I ll meet you half way.

So That website is called linkin, its a social media site/resume site. The man I linked to or into worked for twitter, for a short period and has conection to previous and current administrations.

wait. tell you what buddy just pm your deets and we work through it together.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Catastrophe posted:

To build a house, you need a wood guy (1 person), a plumbing person (1 person), and an electricity installer (1 person). 3 people should be able to make a house in 1 day or else they should all be fired.

x3 if you want it done 3x faster

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol another elon thread meltdown

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ups_rail posted:

see now your just baiting to explain a linkin profile, and news article. if you need help understanding those I dont know what to tell you.

But if I try to explain it you will then call me dumb. I will then explain more. Then a mod will prob me for a strange reason. Then I will end up in a pm conversation with the mods...again.

tell you what buddy I ll meet you half way.

So That website is called linkin, its a social media site/resume site. The man I linked to or into worked for twitter, for a short period and has conection to previous and current administrations.

wait. tell you what buddy just pm your deets and we work through it together.

Is all of this "objectively" true though?

I need to know what we are dealing with here

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Your management style is pure bloat, left/right and gas/brakes can be combined into single positions by just multiplying everything by -1
For legacy reasons straight is 65535 left & 65535 right, so I need both the left and right engineers.

I'm looking for an intern to refactor our core steering stack though - I just had one refactor our braking stack and it's got so many more lines of code than it used to. The actuate_breaking_system function is like 3500 lines now, and none are wasted on comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

CatstropheWaitress posted:

That gives them 60 days *over the holidays* to find a new job that will sponsor and do the paperwork to continue that. Wildly cruel to do over a loving code review.

Elon Musk is a Boer Apartheid slavery beneficiary who loves owning slaves, shocker