Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Totally normal thread with no reason for mods to close/gas it and posters not getting dinged in the slightest for things like

R-Type posted:

If I had a pitbull euthanasia machine on the back of a truck that you could dump pit bulls into and spit fertilizer back onto lawns, well I would driving around all over the US right now doing the lord's good work

cowofwar posted:

Sterilize all the genetic wasteland dogs and let them die out and make breeding them illegal.

cowofwar posted:

Some baby from pet island got the last pitbull thread gassed. Hopefully their pibble ate their baby and then them so we can continue to tabulate the body count.

Blast of Confetti posted:

just buy a gun and blast it no court gives two shits about dogs and you'll be doing your community a good service

loving amazing that posting the mildest of slurs will get a response in a matter of minutes from a mod, but threads dedicated to endorsing dog murder are left alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
r-type was a gibbering maniac on pretty much every topic

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

The only reason R-type got banned in that thread is because Lowtax owned a pitbull and took personal offence

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

*chuckles* r-type...

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

you never go full r-type

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

*chuckles* r-type...

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ahhh,, the rare super r-type

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i remember him once saying he wished he could fit trackers on all his employees so he could tell if they were napping in the bathrooms on the clock, which i took personal offense to for reasons i will not disclose

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
elden ring is good but it's not as good as Bloodborne. Is that controversial to say or do most people know that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

some plague rats posted:

elden ring is good but it's not as good as Bloodborne. Is that controversial to say or do most people know that

i like bloodborne but it doesnt feel as polished as elden ring

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Fsmhunk posted:

God that QCS thread is depressing. Smythe doing his 'routine' in a thread about child abuse is so nasty.

Smythe has terminal Abe brain and should be put down

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Valko posted:

You caused two pages of this with one innocuos post. YOU MONSTER!

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
thinking of the joker imp who innocently led lurdiak to their violent demise and laughing

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
turdiak

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fsmhunk posted:

God that QCS thread is depressing. Smythe doing his 'routine' in a thread about child abuse is so nasty.

Smythe posted:

wots all this? ?

Smythe posted:

i been noit doing my jorb on this forum for a long time but i back now. rest easy my friend. the epic mods are coming and Forums Honor will be restored IN FULL!

Jesus Christ

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The only thing i would like to improve about bloodborne is id add more places to accidentally fall to your death. The only thing i would add to elden ring is it needs more guns. Both fantastic games.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ohh i thought there was a new qcs thread, not the bobby wickham one

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
elden ring has a gun and no one in-universe knows what the gently caress which is a really funny bit

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
bloodborne has a lot of places to accidentally fall into a poison swamp which is more insulting. ergo both games are perfect. sorted.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i actually recently played demons souls for the first time and i was not expecting that game to own as much as it did lol

its got some of the sickest atmosphere in a fromsoft game and the level design is unreal

they really nailed it in one

i guess the kings field games exist but whatever they nailed it in one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Violen posted:

i actually recently played demons souls for the first time and i was not expecting that game to own as much as it did lol

its got some of the sickest atmosphere in a fromsoft game and the level design is unreal

DeS kicks rear end

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Why are there so many goons who end up posting weird lower case garbage impressions of a London thug with brain damage? Smythe, the entire "crimbo" advent calendar thread run by that furry artist, and like a dozen identical morons in C-SPAM.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 24, 2022

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why are there so many goons who end up posting weird lower case garbage impressions of a London thug with brain damage? Smythe, the entire crimbo thread run by that furry artist, and like a dozen identical morons in C-SPAM.

....huh?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Where is the gun in elden ring

I have seen people say "Elden Ring has one singular gun" but I have never seen such a thing and if you try to use google it's just millions of THIS MOD ADDS GUNS TO ELDEN RING articles from garbage websites

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I assume they mean the cannon you get from that one boss behind the volcano, the description says something like 'nobody knows how to use this lol'

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Heath posted:

The ones unique to the chalice dungeons were great

Everything else not so much

Oh god that dog thing in the dungeon where you take 75% extra damage was absolutely brutal.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love Elden Ring but it definitely had too much copy paste. One of the magic jail things had Godrick in it for some reason lmao.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SirSamVimes posted:

I love Elden Ring but it definitely had too much copy paste. One of the magic jail things had Godrick in it for some reason lmao.

That was Godefroy. Completely different

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
im going to post more disconnected thoughts on demons souls sorry everyone

latria is my favorite fromsoft area now, you can feel a lot of future influence from it but they hit its vibe out of the park the first time. the mood is so disquieting in a really singular way, i cant really thumb much else thats exactly like it except that it feels the most ico-ish of anything miyazakis done both in the audiovisuals and the structure

the aesthetic of the backgrounds in the second half especially reminds me a lot of the best parts of ico's look

honestly though the particular filter over everything in demons souls has ico always kind of hovering around my mind

also all the npcs own, they really got that signature unhinged quality down fast

the cave system in stonefang is a really sick example of what demons souls level design is so good at and genuinely disorienting

i think it has my favorite direct plot of any of them, the dreamlike feel of everything really lends itself well to the abstracted nature the storytelling and the climax is pitch perfect

fromsoft is really good at thematically pathetic final fights and allants not an exception, and even though bloodborne is the lovecraft game i think the old one is my favorite outer god kind of design theyve done

relatedly everything about astraea is one of the coolest moments in a fromsoft game, especially the music. completely disarming lol. this probably isnt controversial

but you know whats really hosed up? i think the valley of defilement owns and is my favorite expression of a poison swamp in any of their stuff. it's completely suffocating and miserable in a way that feels closest to what miyazaki is talking about whenever he says anything about poison swamps lol. like its really the one where they went all the way. the overwhelming nature of poison as an ailment in demons souls and the sheer scale of the swamp itself as youre wading slowly through while the most hosed up enemies in the game that you cant do poo poo about run around everywhere threatening to instantly destroy you with clubs bigger than your character. and the environmental effects where you've got this haze of flies and fog so you cant see 10 feet in front of you and everything in the distance is just 100 nondescript points of blurry light. its so oppressive taken as a whole LMAO

this is maybe a weird comparison but it reminds me a lot of dark bramble in outer wilds

its like one of the only examples of a intentionally unpleasant gameplay experience that actually works for me

blighttowns verticality and caelid just literally being berserk's eclipse in a video game environment are both awesome but something about the valley does it for me

Violen fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 24, 2022

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
probably obviously, ive been thinking about this game constantly since beating it

its stuck with me more than a game has in a long time

oh i forgot the most important point which is that bramd kicks rear end

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
it isnt even poison in demons souls the whole way through, you get plague too which is poison but way more damage and it also fucks up your stamina too lol. absolutely atrocious status ailment

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The GRRM naming convention was annoying as heck too:
Godwyn (killed before the game starts)
Godfrey
Godrick the grafted
Godefroy the grafted
Gowry
Gostoc

Morgott
Mohg
Margit the Fell Omen
Moghwin
Malenia
Maliketh
Millicent
Miquella (only his arm appears in-game)
Muriel

Some of these characters are astral projections of each other. Some are the same character in disguise. Most are different people altogether.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Violen posted:

Demon's Souls was so dope and I wasn't expecting that when I got it on PS3 back in the day. I'm glad they got to make a bunch more games in that vein

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Demon's Souls was so dope and I wasn't expecting that when I got it on PS3 back in the day. I'm glad they got to make a bunch more games in that vein

It made the PS5 worth it. The bluepoint remaster was just fantastic.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Frank Frank posted:

It made the PS5 worth it. The bluepoint remaster was just fantastic.

:hmmno:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

Godfrey
Godrick the grafted
Godefroy the grafted
Gowry
Gostoc

Morgott
Mohg
Margit the Fell Omen
Moghwin
Malenia
Maliketh
Millicent
Muriel

Some of these characters are astral projections of each other. Some are the same character in disguise. Most are different people altogether.

Yeah it’s awesome

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Frank Frank posted:

Godfrey
Godrick the grafted
Godefroy the grafted
Gowry
Gostoc

Morgott
Mohg
Margit the Fell Omen
Moghwin
Malenia
Maliketh
Millicent
Muriel

And this is why you fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

godefroy....