Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Ups_rail posted:

So That website is called linkin, its a social media site/resume site. The man I linked to or into worked for twitter, for a short period and has conection to previous and current administrations.

You know most people vote and do hold opinions yea? This is kinda surface level, that a person worked for the gov and then worked for Twitter. Great. Unless there's evidence/statements/indications that that person abused their position in Twitter to aid their former bosses it's kind of moot. People move around between campaigns/govs/tech pretty frequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yud is the guy who read "The ones who walk away from Omelas" and thought 'What a great deal! Why do some people leave?'

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

So I want to write a game like God Of War. I guess I'll need a character animation guy, a landscape guy, an audio (music/effects/voice) guy, a story/script guy and then maybe one more to port it to other systems?

It'll have about 50 hours of gameplay so it shouldn't take much more than that to write. Should be done by next weekend then!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Stoatbringer posted:

So I want to write a game like God Of War. I guess I'll need a character animation guy, a landscape guy, an audio (music/effects/voice) guy, a story/script guy and then maybe one more to port it to other systems?

It'll have about 50 hours of gameplay so it shouldn't take much more than that to write. Should be done by next weekend then!

Whoa buddy, unless you're making a movie you're going to need a gameplay guy as well.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Stoatbringer posted:

This is like 1 hardcore programmer

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Stoatbringer posted:

lmao if it's just 1 game then you just need 1 game writer person, doy.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I wonder if everyone should hound Musk about publishing those internal Twitter discussions about supressing Hunter's laptop, because they don't exist, and the more pressure he gets without turning up anything, the more the right will hate him.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Arrrthritis posted:

Whoa buddy, unless you're making a movie you're going to need a gameplay guy as well.

Obviously all those other guys are gameplay guys, duh

Why would you have someone in a gameplay company that isn't a gameplay guy

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Its okay. Hes very excited that he's going to get to tell his friends in japan that he got to sue someone

https://twitter.com/nabokov7/status/1595830998104944641

Beautiful.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
This thanksgiving I’m thankful that Elmo and his sociopathic billionaire buddies are still mortal and will one day be swallowed by the gaping maw of death like the rest of us.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Elon Newspeak. Double plus cry laugh

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1595805159270989824

“Your code is not satisfactory” is just remarkable, really.

elon sees himself as commodus from gladiator.

lmao

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ups_rail posted:

see now your just baiting to explain a linkin profile, and news article. if you need help understanding those I dont know what to tell you.

But if I try to explain it you will then call me dumb. I will then explain more. Then a mod will prob me for a strange reason. Then I will end up in a pm conversation with the mods...again.

tell you what buddy I ll meet you half way.

So That website is called linkin, its a social media site/resume site. The man I linked to or into worked for twitter, for a short period and has conection to previous and current administrations.

wait. tell you what buddy just pm your deets and we work through it together.

You are trying to cutely overlook people calling out your belief that the hunter biden laptop story is legitimate and important

What do you believe about the laptop that was such a good story to make change over

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Almost Smart posted:

This thanksgiving I’m thankful that Elmo and his sociopathic billionaire buddies are still mortal and will one day be swallowed by the gaping maw of death like the rest of us.

Elon's gonna upload himself into twitter and be digitally making GBS threads out dumb stolen memes long past the death of the human race

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone else post Covid thought that maybe the world might think twice and stuff might just get better?

Nope. We get this twitter poo poo show, Ukraine getting invaded, dumbest world cup on record, China is still ''re-educating'' minorities and no one in charge really gives that much of a gently caress about the climate. Add a bunch of poo poo USA is still probably doing.

Good times

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao @ anyone who believes anything of importance was on that laptop after even the FBI refused to touch it when it was literally handed to them

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tai posted:

Anyone else post Covid thought that maybe the world might think twice and stuff might just get better?

I binge watched the 90's Outer Limits series a few years before Covid hit. I feel that may have been good psychological preparation for everything that has happened since

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf_iZD8JDTs

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
weird how everyone he's firing now was apparently on the indentured servitude visa

almost as though those are the only employees left after the big "volunteer to work more hours under worse conditions at reduced compensation" survey went out

it looks like Elon is aiming to pare the company down to be only the grifters and true believers, judged solely on the merit of how far their tongue reaches up his rear end, while giving the boot to anyone who even vaguely looks like they might know more than Elon (i.e. anything at all)

twitter is a marvel of digital engineering and I understand that it could be kept shambling along at some level of functionality by just a handful of people who know what they're doing, but I believe in Elon. He'll find a way to kill twitter even if it takes doing the dumbest possible thing at every single juncture for months on end. Because he's a visionary.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 24, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao @ anyone who believes anything of importance was on that laptop after even the FBI refused to touch it when it was literally handed to them

they slid away from it like a snake and thats everything you need to know about what could possibly be on it and the forensics

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He'll find a way to kill twitter even if it takes doing the dumbest possible thing at every single juncture for months on end. Because he's a visionary.

I got paid $25.50 a share on a ESPP I was paying $11/share for when venture capital decided this was the time they'd figure out chemo/CS drug manufacturing.
There is no doubt.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Yesterday was the first day engineers were required to send that summary of their weekly tasks completed and the loving stupid code snippets. It didn’t even take Musk a day before he fired people after that.

He must be really good at detecting hardcore engineers at a very quick glance.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Look the engineer thing is really easy to determine.
Twitter is worth $44b.
Assume each engineer adds around $1b in value but you pay them $250k each.
Twitter should really be 50 people max.
If ZipRecruiter still works then you can use that for HR functions.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What do you mean you spent the week monitoring, testing and modelling? I want LINES. OF. CODE.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Yesterday was the first day engineers were required to send that summary of their weekly tasks completed and the loving stupid code snippets. It didn’t even take Musk a day before he fired people after that.

He must be really good at detecting hardcore engineers at a very quick glance.
I sold twitter a LLM that rates code for quality based on stackoverflow code snippets and their associated vote scores.

It works very well at ranking many engineers in a short amount of time. I assume, we didn't have enough data to test it, but it does very well on the training corpus.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Has Elon released details of The Algorithm yet so we can finally see how all those brave conservative voices were so brutally supressed?

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Stoatbringer posted:

Has Elon released details of The Algorithm yet so we can finally see how all those brave conservative voices were so brutally supressed?

He's still figuring out how to switch branch

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff. The best idiots on the internet. Straight into my veins

Also, a hospital seems like a pretty simple thing. You need one doctor for the right arm, one doctor for the left foot and one doctor for the rest. One janitor to clean the floor. Then everything is 5x as hard to do for a city, so 15 doctors and 5 janitors for a hospital

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Stoatbringer posted:

No matter how many times Elon asked HR, even before firing all of them, they could never find Al Gorithm in the employee directory.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
The brain seems like a pretty simple organ. You receive stimulation and produce signals (one cell.) There's also thought and the mystery of consciousness (one cell.) Then everything is 5x harder to do at scale, so 10 cells total.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I know Elon is being a wildly flailing imbecile beyond simply what Internet People like me notice because, on a call with my mother who is 74, even she brought up how she noticed how insane he's acting and how he's running his company like a drunken ape.

She seems to think he's not fully aware of what a moron he is because of his asperger's but followed that thought up with stating that that's no excuse for his behavior, though. When even the elderly are looking at you and going "Dude, do you have dementia or......?" you might be fuckin up.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Has Laura Loomer been unbanned yet?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Got those TPS Reports yet?

That's types per second.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/bigblackjacobin/status/1595181681329459201

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

rotinaj posted:

You are trying to cutely overlook people calling out your belief that the hunter biden laptop story is legitimate and important

What do you believe about the laptop that was such a good story to make change over

how can we know if these emails are true *clutches pearls*

oh wait

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DomainKeys_Identified_Mail

not hard to do.

PM your deets bro, we can talk about it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Love me some slurrs that stopped being used in like 1798

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
“Pm me so we can talk about this GOP talking point from years ago” is right next to “come work for Elon Hardcore Musk” in the list of things that give me satisfaction in not doing. They are rare and to be treasured. Happy thanksgiving!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Wow it really is a return of all the worst humans in existance huh?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Twitter's eventually gonna go down and the only thing they can do is revert the database 22 minutes, at which point it will crash again in 22 minutes. In this window of time Elon and the remaining guys on Visas will put together clues left by a team of prior engineers that have long since left. They become of aware of a reset kill switch in the code that will revert everything to a "workable state", but they only ever have 22 minutes to find it. When they finally do they hit the switch after playing country music and roasting marshmallows, the Twitter HQ shrinks into a singularity then expands uncontrollably, destroying Silicon Valley and Hollywood. The internet and all streaming services go down. We all go outside and get sunburns.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I want to create a twitter to continuously call him "Saigon of a Cock" but I can't force myself to make an account.

These last few years of zero social media has been a blessing.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

“Pm me so we can talk about this GOP talking point from years ago” is right next to “come work for Elon Hardcore Musk” in the list of things that give me satisfaction in not doing. They are rare and to be treasured. Happy thanksgiving!

drat this is some tasty bait.

Its you guys who want to talk about the laptop. Every since the gbs kiwifarms thread I feel like the mods are trying to run me off. I made an "effort post" in the Ukraine war thread that got me wacked, and I got another weird prop from the peterson thread. In between I keep getting in trouble for saying the R word, the A word, and I even reached out to gene to see if I could refer to my self with the C word.

Anyway if you wanna talk about it just pm a link to your discord. Or else shut the gently caress up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Steadiman posted:

I hate Elon Musk, and all his simps, so much. And I hate that I have to hate people :(

https://twitter.com/Iuuk96/status/1595684542467170304