Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Side you're looking forward to on Thanksgiving
This poll is closed.
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 15 17.24%
Stuffing 32 36.78%
Green Bean Casserole 6 6.90%
Rolls 6 6.90%
Cranberry Sauce 6 6.90%
Sweet Potatoes 8 9.20%
Pies 14 16.09%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

AndrewP posted:

even weirder was the fanfiction people invented about Patrick being "mad" at his wife and brother for hanging out and having fun

That was all based on one of Jackson's TikToks where Jackson and Brittany are having a great time while Patrick looked annoyed about something in the background, iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The countdown to another “I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!!” has begun.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

What? Pretty sure Jackson and Patrick have the same parents…

My bad, it's his sister who has a different dad.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Docjowles posted:

I feel like this should be a TFF photoshop contest. The face in the hotel room is infinitely exploitable. Mike White, Flacco, Belichick, his mom, himself, Hackenberg, Elijah Moore, Cory Chase...

Pardon my ignorance, but who is that on the TV? I'm assuming some right wing nutjob, but I don't pay attention to that space to know who exactly it is.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

Jackson is just an annoying kid who tried to trash a bar on social media. Other than that his biggest offense is being a normal TikTok idiot.

Why isn't that enough to dislike someone?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jivesauce posted:

It totally is. It's also extremely easy to ignore him and not bring him up constantly. It's just always been weird. Also people talked about him all the time way before he did that. It's really based on bad dances on Tik Tok. I just try to convince myself that Tik Tok doesn't have that kind of reach but it clearly does.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Goons are old and we don't understand the social media the kids these days use

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

With your tickety tockety and your flippity floppety. Back in my day we danced badly to C&C Music Factory and nobody filmed it and we moved on, the way Sandstorm intended

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1595875884992724993?t=MOQSz_bOzS4bV6404_HtCw&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

My favorite example of the yips is when Chuck Knoblauch inexplicably forgot how to throw a baseball for like 2 years

This is the one example of a professional athlete doing something wrong that I am 100% sure I could do right. The man played second base and was winging things 6 feet over the first baseman's head from 20 feet away.

poo poo I'll at least get it there in the dirt so you can try to make a play on it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 24, 2022

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Jon Lester losing the ability to throw to first is also a strong contender

actually this is a textbook pickoff play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWM_rGr7A0w

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shinji2015 posted:

That was all based on one of Jackson's TikToks where Jackson and Brittany are having a great time while Patrick looked annoyed about something in the background, iirc

This was right after the game where the Titans held him to 3 points, so there were narratives that his brother was distracting him or whatever, which is probably bullshit but hey.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

This is the one example of a professional athlete doing something wrong that I am 100% sure I could do right. The man played second base and was winging things 6 feet over the first baseman's head from 20 feet away.

poo poo I'll at least get it there in the dirt so you can try to make a play on it.

Yeah the Knoblauch one is what I always think of. He lost the ability to throw to first base from 2nd base. It was mystifying.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Jivesauce posted:

It’s fine. I’d rather just not bother giving him any thought. If enough people try it he may have to get a real job!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thank you lmao

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1595913103220375552

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The saddest game of the week.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well the Rams do really suck this year but at least they'll have a top pick in the first round to reb...oh...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you was going to say rebus. a fun puzzle game

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This tweet is disingenuous. That exact same promo had Mahomes and Donald when I was watching earlier tonight, and no mention of the only football player displayed for USA v. England?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The effort the game deserves, the effort the teams deserve

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets fan base being the least likely to complain about refs among the AFC East certainly is a twist our thread was not expecting.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
proof mcmagic doesn't have a Twitter account

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That seems to be a list of which fans tweet the most more than anything. And god Bless Bears fans for tweeting through it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears are real bad but have also gotten absolutely obliterated on lovely calls this season.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

sweet thursday posted:

This is a good article on Rick Ankiel: a guy who threw a single pitch that was so bad it broke his brain
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/05/the-secret-life-of-pitchers/521415/

I don't have the Athletic anymore but him coming back up to the majors as an outfielder ruled.

He then went on to make 2 of the greatest outfield throws I've ever seen in the same game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cSgDflCF98

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 25, 2022

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I for one am glad to see the Lions moving down the list. :v:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
As a Seahawks fan who complains about officiating, I am OUTRAGED we are second to last!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't think the saints or raiders are that low irl. high amount of respect for them. do not consider this as me being mean.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

a sexual elk posted:

gently caress I hate the Cowboys, my favorite football memory is Thanksgiving ‘98, Moss CRUSHING my proto-Chud Texas born stepdad’s Cowboys. Me Moonwalking into the kitchen to load up a plate of sides while never breaking eye contact

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lWGKmOVIcTc

Zimmer talking to his guys about stopping Moss 3 minutes in hahahah

Since it's Thanksgiving, I'll say this.

Mr. Moss, thank you for spending some of your amazing career with the 49ers. We were honored to have you be part of the team and part of 49ers legend. Your contributions on and off the field made a real difference to your teammates and fans. I hope your retirement is sweet.

I miss John Madden calling games.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

kiimo posted:

It totally is. It's also extremely easy to ignore him and not bring him up constantly. It's just always been weird. Also people talked about him all the time way before he did that. It's really based on bad dances on Tik Tok. I just try to convince myself that Tik Tok doesn't have that kind of reach but it clearly does.

it really does, it has ~3x the monthly active users of twitter for example, (2.5x more just in the US). it's about to catch instagram for monthly active users and the only two ahead of it after that is youtube and facebook. i don't really use it much (ever) either but its enormous

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Tik Tok is one of the first big things that truly made me realize that i'm old as hell. i am befuddled by its insane popularity

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cavauro posted:

i don't think the saints or raiders are that low irl. high amount of respect for them. do not consider this as me being mean.

Thanks. Cav

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

SKULL.GIF posted:

This tweet is disingenuous. That exact same promo had Mahomes and Donald when I was watching earlier tonight, and no mention of the only football player displayed for USA v. England?

There’s no football player in the ad for USA vs England there’s a mediocre soccer player tho

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

That seems to be a list of which fans tweet the most more than anything. And god Bless Bears fans for tweeting through it.

Whole list adds up to more than 100%, so we can infer it's % of tweets for each fanbase.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

old people love tik tok. its not an age thing. you're just locked out of the culture.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Alaois posted:

old people love tik tok. its not an age thing. you're just locked out of the culture.

sounds good, culture is for the birds

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

epic bacon posted:

Tik Tok is one of the first big things that truly made me realize that i'm old as hell. i am befuddled by its insane popularity

It’s absolutely insane when you use it too much/read about how addictive it is/encounter people obsessed with it. It’s a perfectly designed attention span murdering dopamine trap/hamster wheel. poo poo’s wild and insanely effective. It’s like the absolute peak of that sort of endless scroll searching for one more shallow fake reward hit of those good brain chemicals that are just slowly being trained away from you seeking real things and instead plugging you straight into the algorithm.

old man yells at clouds etc

it’s true!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kilometers Davis posted:

It’s absolutely insane when you use it too much/read about how addictive it is/encounter people obsessed with it. It’s a perfectly designed attention span murdering dopamine trap/hamster wheel. poo poo’s wild and insanely effective. It’s like the absolute peak of that sort of endless scroll searching for one more shallow fake reward hit of those good brain chemicals that are just slowly being trained away from you seeking real things and instead plugging you straight into the algorithm.

old man yells at clouds etc

it’s true!!!

Whatever grandpa you still hum the diddy from lucky strike cigarettes from 1952