Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Side you're looking forward to on Thanksgiving
This poll is closed.
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 15 17.24%
Stuffing 32 36.78%
Green Bean Casserole 6 6.90%
Rolls 6 6.90%
Cranberry Sauce 6 6.90%
Sweet Potatoes 8 9.20%
Pies 14 16.09%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:

Views:

The Chargers are so sad they're labeled "sensitive material"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Miami please just completely destroy the Texans thanks

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

epic bacon posted:

Miami please just completely destroy the Texans thanks

Tua might be able to sit out the whole second half with Waddle and Hill on the bench. Houston is a wildly terrible football team.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

gently caress I hate the Cowboys, my favorite football memory is Thanksgiving ‘98, Moss CRUSHING my proto-Chud Texas born stepdad’s Cowboys. Me Moonwalking into the kitchen to load up a plate of sides while never breaking eye contact

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lWGKmOVIcTc

Zimmer talking to his guys about stopping Moss 3 minutes in hahahah

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 22, 2022

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ive got the need for speed

save me dolphins

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Did the Jets literally only gain 2 yards for the entire second half yesterday?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

randomly, i just learned this:

wikipedia posted:

On November 29, 2005, Daniel Snyder, owner of the NFL's Washington Redskins, took over Six Flags and the next day, he announced the retirement of the [Mr. Six] ad campaign. Snyder said that Mr. Six was "pointless". Mr. Six and the "It's Playtime!" motto would be dropped and Six Flags' next ad campaign would be called "Friendly, Clean, Fast, Safe, Service."

he actually did something good. hard to believe, but there you go.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

a sexual elk posted:

gently caress I hate the Cowboys, my favorite football memory is Thanksgiving ‘98, Moss CRUSHING my proto-Chud Texas born stepdad’s Cowboys. Me Moonwalking into the kitchen to load up a plate of sides while never breaking eye contact

Moss was amazing but I miss that o-line. They were better at almost every position to the one in Minnesota now. Add in Randall Cunningham and Cris Carter. Man, that was a good offense.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

trilljester posted:

Zach Wilson was trying his best but couldn't manage to get sacked a fifth time to put it negative.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Lots of relatively even matches. Should be a clarifying week.

MNF will be hilarious. Tune in to find out if either of these teams can gain fifty yards.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

a sexual elk posted:

3 touchdowns in under 5 minutes :wtc:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ANY/A (Adjusted Net Yards / Attempt) Value through Week 11:

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 22, 2022

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SKULL.GIF posted:

ANY/A (Adjusted Net Yards / Attempt) through Week 11:

I dunno exactly what that means but it seems to indicate our offense is really good and defense sucks which checks out

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ehud posted:

I dunno exactly what that means but it seems to indicate our offense is really good and defense sucks which checks out

code:
(Passing Yards - Sack Yards + (20 * Passing TD) - (45 * Interceptions)) / (Passes Attempted + Times Sacked)
edit: It looks like it's using ANY/A value which takes opponents into account, rather than raw ANY/A as calculated.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 22, 2022

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

SKULL.GIF posted:

ANY/A (Adjusted Net Yards / Attempt) through Week 11:

:lol: the Jets/Pats game.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Why would you weigh an INT as being worth more than twice as much as a TD, and why would fumbles not be considered at all

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Advanced stats like this on the Vikings are my cope in anticipation for Thursday's game

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

How in God's name do the Raiders have a worse defense than the Lions?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

MJeff posted:

How in God's name do the Raiders have a worse defense than the Lions?
Raiders only have 3 INTs and 13 Sacks on the year.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

For the record I asked the guy who posted this on Twitter how exactly he calculated these values since it's obviously not pure ANY/A, I'll post it if he responds to me.

sirtommygunn posted:

Why would you weigh an INT as being worth more than twice as much as a TD, and why would fumbles not be considered at all

Turnovers are crippling, you're not only not scoring, you're giving the other team a chance to score.

Say your team is 7-14 going into the red zone, your QB turns the ball over and the other team scores, it's now 7-21 instead of 14-14. 14 point swing. Oops!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

trilljester posted:

This adds up to 7 yards, but yeah. I bet there's a 5 yard penalty on a ST play it's missing or something.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also quick reads is out, and Zach is only the 5th worst QB as he's bailed out by the Pats dropping two really easy interceptions, but we should probably be bagging more on Cousins for that performance, yeesh.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2022/pollard-perine-and-nfls-top-receiving-backs

Zach Wilson: 9/22, 77 yards 0/0 TD/Int, 4 Sacks. -46 passing DYAR

Kirk Cousins: 12/23, 105 yards, 0/0 TD/Int, 7 Sacks. -66 passing DYAR

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

For the record I asked the guy who posted this on Twitter how exactly he calculated these values since it's obviously not pure ANY/A, I'll post it if he responds to me.

Turnovers are crippling, you're not only not scoring, you're giving the other team a chance to score.

Say your team is 7-14 going into the red zone, your QB turns the ball over and the other team scores, it's now 7-21 instead of 14-14. 14 point swing. Oops!

I am aware of how turnovers can be a big swing, but that's only theoretical. A touchdown is always a touchdown. The average turnover just ends a drive. Also this argument only makes the lack of fumbles being accounted for more egregious.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Obviously they're colluding.
https://twitter.com/kalynkahler/status/1595059798088847361

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

Also quick reads is out, and Zach is only the 5th worst QB as he's bailed out by the Pats dropping two really easy interceptions, but we should probably be bagging more on Cousins for that performance, yeesh.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2022/pollard-perine-and-nfls-top-receiving-backs

Zach Wilson: 9/22, 77 yards 0/0 TD/Int, 4 Sacks. -46 passing DYAR

Kirk Cousins: 12/23, 105 yards, 0/0 TD/Int, 7 Sacks. -66 passing DYAR

Ravens chat:

somehow Lamar’s 72% day is sandwiched between these two which really doesn’t pass the eye test for me, especially when Demarcus Robinson was their top WR. I rewatched the game and the Panthers defense just did a really great job sealing the edge and shutting down the run which killed drives.

The interception was a freak DL play on a routine throw to an open receiver. The main problem with Lamar’s day was a few bad sacks and not doing a lot downfield, which is partly due to Demarcus Robinson being your number 1 receiver. Not a terrible day overall though and not as bad as Zach Wilson. I wonder if there was a huge opponent adjustment but the Panthers defense seemed pretty good to me

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

Ravens chat:

somehow Lamar’s 72% day is sandwiched between these two which really doesn’t pass the eye test for me, especially when Demarcus Robinson was their top WR. I rewatched the game and the Panthers defense just did a really great job sealing the edge and shutting down the run which killed drives.

The interception was a freak DL play on a routine throw to an open receiver. The main problem with Lamar’s day was a few bad sacks and not doing a lot downfield, which is partly due to Demarcus Robinson being your number 1 receiver. Not a terrible day overall though and not as bad as Zach Wilson. I wonder if there was a huge opponent adjustment but the Panthers defense seemed pretty good to me

Panthers defense is 22nd by DVOA, so yeah, crappy opponent's adjustments. Zach is bailed out by the Pats dropping two easy, easy interceptions. And yeah, if you take into account surrounding talent and/or your eyes, Lamar was clearly better then Zach, but DVOA doesn't, so that's what you get.

I should probably watch the Vikings - Cowboys condensed game though, those Kirk numbers are truly awful.

I also saw none of the Panthers - Ravens game, but from accounts from various podcasts, the Pats - Jets game was two defenses destroying offenses, while that game was the Ravens tripping all over themselves.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Good (re: the filing, not the colluding).

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They'll never be able to prove anything.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

I should probably watch the Vikings - Cowboys condensed game though, those Kirk numbers are truly awful.

I had the Vikings - Cowboys game on until CBS literally changed the channel for me and switched to Bengals - Steelers and I was only half paying attention but it felt like every other play i saw was DeMarcus Lawrence passing through the Vikings o-line completely untouched and unimpeded and sacking Kirk mid-dropback

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They'll never be able to prove anything.

Hoping Dan Snyder burns everything to the ground on his way out, but probably unlikely since he might have the most skeletons in the closet.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Detroit Lions are in the wild card hunt.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

From Ben Baldwin

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

I had the Vikings - Cowboys game on until CBS literally changed the channel for me and switched to Bengals - Steelers and I was only half paying attention but it felt like every other play i saw was DeMarcus Lawrence passing through the Vikings o-line completely untouched and unimpeded and sacking Kirk mid-dropback

Yeah, this was my impression, too. Not really something you can lay primarily on the QB, but FO are gonna FO.

Nov 6, 2002

RG3 lol.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1594832936960163841

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
What if Zach Wilson was black?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RG3 made that face because he got a psychic vision of the replies to this tweet, lol.

Nov 6, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

What if Zach Wilson was black?

Whatever the opposite of this is...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

RGIII was fun until FedEx Field broke him, so I’m glad that he’s found a fun little niche in broadcasting