Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

ekuNNN posted:

how come there are no classic thanksgiving songs? this is the best indicator that it's a fake holiday, invented by the turkey lobby

The only one that matters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsWKTcZ6fWA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Cat Hatter posted:

Go listen to Alice's Restaurant and then report back in 15+ minutes when you're done.

How do you SCRAM a turkey? Yank it out really fast?

Principle's the same, but one should never do anything really fast around three gallons of boiling oil.

"Alice's Restaurant' is already teed up on my Zune for my last pie-making in the morning

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Mozi posted:

Yeah brining results in consistently juicy and delicious results and has a reduced risk of combustion.

Yeah you brine a fried turkey too

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ekuNNN posted:

how come there are no classic thanksgiving songs? this is the best indicator that it's a fake holiday, invented by the turkey lobby

ahh I see you've never had the misfortune of experiencing Alice's Restaurant

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

shame on an IGA posted:

ahh I see you've never had the misfortune of experiencing Alice's Restaurant

Officer Obie account spotted.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cat Hatter posted:

How do you SCRAM a turkey? Yank it out really fast?

Pull the dump lever on the 1-ton hopper of sand positioned above the fryer.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/JMgI6aH.mp4

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don't think OSHA has jurisdiction there.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Zesty posted:

I don't think OSHA has jurisdiction there.
the sds binder and compliance posters are right out of frame. there's a first aid box with keystone light and vicodin in it

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Fried turkey is delicious and everyone should try it at least once. I much prefer a brined and smoked turkey, myself, but fried is a close second place.

But I'm spoiled because my uncle makes a smoked and a fried turkey every year. Also we usually have a couple of venison tenderloins (depending on how many cousins get a deer that year). Ugh, now I'm like 6 hours away from being over there and I'm already thinking about the food.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Please stay where you are, I'll be there to kill and a impersonate you ASAP.
Your uncle will never know the difference. Mmm turkey.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

By popular demand posted:

Please stay where you are, I'll be there to kill and a impersonate you ASAP.
Your uncle will never know the difference. Mmm turkey.

I know it's a typo, but I'm just imagining you showing up talking like Mario. "It's a me, Robobot!"

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/NbWGVQk.mp4

Vakal
May 11, 2008

All the work makes me tried just looking at it. CGing the whole thing would have been easier and just as good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The ultra low resolution made me think that was a low budget T2 knockoff featuring a gokart chase for a second, but nope. That movie's good as hell and I haven't watched it in way too long, it's going on the list for this week.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Terminator 2 had some sick loving stunts. God drat helicopter under a bridge and the guy wanted to do it twice but aborted the second one at the last loving millisecond.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Vakal posted:

All the work makes me tried just looking at it. CGing the whole thing would have been easier and just as good.

I'd been okay with cutting to the end of the chase and Arnie recapping what just happened with a chalkboard.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

The ultra low resolution made me think that was a low budget T2 knockoff featuring a gokart chase for a second, but nope. That movie's good as hell and I haven't watched it in way too long, it's going on the list for this week.

James Cameron has done some insanely good action movies: Aliens, Terminator 2, True Lies. The amount of work and set up involved in those movies is crazy and goes a long way to explain the insane budgets they had.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Proteus Jones posted:

James Cameron has done some insanely good action movies: Aliens, Terminator 2, True Lies. The amount of work and set up involved in those movies is crazy and goes a long way to explain the insane budgets they had.

James Cameron has never made a movie I didn't at least like.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cat Hatter posted:

James Cameron has never made a movie I didn't at least like.

Piranha 2? Not that bad

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Piranha 2? Not that bad

There's debate to the extent that he "made" that movie, but one day morbid curiosity is going to get the better of me and I'm finally going to watch it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Proteus Jones posted:

What's even more impressive is just how fast he was cranking them out.

Release dates:

Terminator 1 - October 26, 1984

Aliens 2 - July 18, 1986

The Abyss - August 9, 1989

Terminator 2 - July 3, 1991

True Lies - July 12, 1994

Titanic - December 19, 1997

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cat Hatter posted:

There's debate to the extent that he "made" that movie, but one day morbid curiosity is going to get the better of me and I'm finally going to watch it.

Yeah, I want to say he was just in the crew and happened to be the one to swap in when the original director left. It's just the one pre-fame credit that always comes to mind, it's a pretty fun movie if you like cheap b-movie schlock.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, I want to say he was just in the crew and happened to be the one to swap in when the original director left. It's just the one pre-fame credit that always comes to mind, it's a pretty fun movie if you like cheap b-movie schlock.

I don't really care for b-horror, but it's such a weird artifact. I'd be like if Scorsese made an alien invasion movie using paper plates and string.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Galaxy of of terror is a banger.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Now THAT'S a cursed sign

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

https://twitter.com/poppy_haze/status/1595865337806962699

Exposed rebar is good, right?

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013
Wait, if it's an AC transmission line, is that actually static electricity?

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Effective-Disorder posted:

Wait, if it's an AC transmission line, is that actually static electricity?

Cyclists may experience the Heebie Jeebies

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

that's how you know it's working

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

There Is No Routine Cancer Structural Failure

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rlvee86PRd1r0uzl6.mp4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suCbhEHlpL8

Among other things, he gets directly shot by a phone with a rocket motor attached to it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Vakal posted:

Hard disagree. Practical effects are timeless and employ more people.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

"Welp, we hosed up. Who do you think we should call?"

"gently caress dude, I don't know. ...Germans?"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/ciubmoss/status/1595838572678217728?s=46&t=Rz5DvL3Dd2R91tuFb2RKmg

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Borscht posted:

coming up with my building repair plans by watching Better Call Saul

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
^^^^^
gently caress

Borscht posted:

So many inquiries for the contact information of Werner Ziegler, to no avail :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

More than just the phone mate