Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I would like to order one (1) hate speech, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

This is the perfect way to reduce hate speech, creat an arbitrary rule by which you measure it, then stop looking for it entirely.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
My favorite is the whole "I will reinstate anybody that hasn't committed crimes or X." Alex Jones has committed crimes but I guess we'll see.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Twitter: Now only 2.5 million hate speeches a day

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

sweet geek swag posted:

This is the perfect way to reduce hate speech, creat an arbitrary rule by which you measure it, then stop looking for it entirely.

It’s the less Covid tests = less Covid philosophy

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Can someone convert those units to milli-hitlers for me?

Nice Van My Man fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 25, 2022

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

vaginite posted:

Twitter's eventually gonna go down and the only thing they can do is revert the database 22 minutes, at which point it will crash again in 22 minutes. In this window of time Elon and the remaining guys on Visas will put together clues left by a team of prior engineers that have long since left. They become of aware of a reset kill switch in the code that will revert everything to a "workable state", but they only ever have 22 minutes to find it. When they finally do they hit the switch after playing country music and roasting marshmallows, the Twitter HQ shrinks into a singularity then expands uncontrollably, destroying Silicon Valley and Hollywood. The internet and all streaming services go down. We all go outside and get sunburns.

Probably not going to play this sequel to deathloop

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Propaganda Hour posted:

pm me. I can get you discount rates

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

ilmucche posted:

you mean outer wilds

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It just means that the remaining 2/3rd's is no longer considered hate speech

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Atoramos posted:

you mean outer wilds

Is that worth playing? The steam sale is on

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

ilmucche posted:

Yes. Big loving yes. And don't look anything up about it, just buy it and play it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Propaganda Hour posted:

Here you go! I squoze it myself:

fart

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

ilmucche posted:

Absolutely yes. It’s like nothing I’ve ever played.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Decon posted:

Yes. Big loving yes. And don't look anything up about it, just buy it and play it.

Is it spooky, it looks pretty spooky

enomie
Aug 10, 2017

necroid posted:

I hate gatekeeping but please no don't let the chuds/cryptobros/muskies feign interest in dune too please no

it almost feels like every nerdy power fantasy/utopia/dystopia ends up attracting these morons who can't differentiate between an example and a warning

:negative:

Exposure to Warhammer 40k and Starship Troopers as children broke any ability they might have had to tell the difference. Games Workshop destroyed the world.

Edit: oh poo poo should have kept reading before I posted, I'd have seen the multiple pages of warhammer discussion

enomie fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 25, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ilmucche posted:

It's not a spooky scare game. The DLC has a bit more of that though.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1595508339890274304?s=20&t=bxT6dGT-MqNDX23GfJcumw

He’s so loving lame

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 25, 2022

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Err what caused the spike?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

It's one hate speech, Elon. What could it cost, $8?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Even if you take a really charitable interpretation of Augustus, you end up with a dictator who shattered everything around him in order to take absolute personal control, and then spent the rest of his life rubbing the pieces together wondering why they wouldn't start working again.

So what I'm saying is sorry Zuck but master entrepreneur Elon Musk is way ahead of you

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Robviously posted:

It's one hate speech, Elon. What could it cost, $8?

just make the hate speech be the 8 dollar feature. monetized nword pass. sadly, this idea might actually be popular and successful with his kind of people

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

ilmucche posted:

Bits are here and there. But it's more Subnautica spooky than actual horror game spooky.

A buddy of mine bailed because he's horrified of (relatively minor spoiler that you're likely to see in your first hour ish if it's not just in promo material) black holes, but that's more of a phobia than spooky imo.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Comstar posted:

Err what caused the spike?

Elon taking over twitter

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Decon posted:

Bits are here and there. But it's more Subnautica spooky than actual horror game spooky.

A buddy of mine bailed because he's horrified of (relatively minor spoiler that you're likely to see in your first hour ish if it's not just in promo material) black holes, but that's more of a phobia than spooky imo.

For fifteen bucks I'll give it a try. No jump scares or body horror allowed though :mad:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I like how he's used raw "impressions" so that you're unable to tell from this chart if hate speech has actually dropped or just the number of people looking at twitter.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

ilmucche posted:

For fifteen bucks I'll give it a try. No jump scares or body horror allowed though :mad:

Not a lick of those!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

ilmucche posted:

yea I loved it and it's one of the stand-out titles that still sticks with me

but I absolutely love adventure-puzzle games that manage to stay away from inventory systems and love The Witness for similar reasons so take that as you will. Outer Wilds is far less pretentious and doesn't have anything like those line puzzles tho

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon bought a dying social media site for $44 billion dollars you can spend $15 on a vidja game

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

kazil posted:

Elon bought a dying social media site for $44 billion dollars you can spend $15 on a vidja game

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ilmucche posted:

No body horror whatsoever. The DLC has kinda jump scares, but there's an option to turn the spookiness level down.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Idiot could have just STFU and let the smart people run his companies while he bathed in money like Scrooge McDuck but he just couldn't help but instead prove that he's just 4chan with a bank account.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
The witness is so good. I do not get the pretentiousness allegations. It’s just puzzles. I guess there’s some philosophy audio logs scattered around? But even Call of Duty has philosophical excerpts when you die. It’s fine, go walk around a pretty island solving clever puzzles and listen to some philosophers talk about the conceptual self and go “oooh, hmmm.” It’s a pleasant time. It’s like going to a museum on a weekend.

The “lead design” guy is a douche, but I’m going to head cannon that it’s an Elon musk situation where the rest of the team was just babysitting him while they made the game.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 25, 2022

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Ghostlight posted:

I like how he's used raw "impressions" so that you're unable to tell from this chart if hate speech has actually dropped or just the number of people looking at twitter.
Now hate speech is only easily accessable to the person it's targeting.

It's created a little bespoke hate universe for anyone who tweets, where Both Sides Have Valid Points (One Side Is Kill Yourself For Your Gender / Race / Sexual Preferences). It was a little gauche when just anyone could drop in on the private hate.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Catastrophe posted:

Idiot could have just STFU and let the smart people run his companies while he bathed in money like Scrooge McDuck but he just couldn't help but instead prove that he's just 4chan with a bank account.

Said it before itt, he and Trump both just have violently bad daddy issues.

With enough starting cash, you can buy success of a sort, a personal myth (the savvy businessman and the eccentric engineer), sex (or at least a horse or two as a "sorry i trapped you on my private jet for sex"), even friendship and love to some extent. But you can't buy sincere, unconditional adoration and validation of the sort one normally gets from their parents. There are some emotional holes money can't fill. Trump flails to paper over his failings as a real estate mogul like his daddy was, and Musk wants validation as an engineer like his daddy was.

Both of these men were born into more money than makes sense to any of us and they spent decades and billions trying to build images of themselves as better versions of their fathers.

These aren't men. They're sad, scared boys that live in their fathers' shadows, and will die in their fathers' shadows.

It'd make me feel bad if they weren't both born with more than enough money to retire at 18.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's all estimates, but there have been studies done on general hate speech. Usually by filtering for certain words, or detecting the 'tone' of posts. Thinking to those studies that show aggressive content spurs more reactions and what not.

But yeah just posting a static graphic saying HATE DOWN without any further detail deserves ridicule.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The people have voted! Let them eat cake!!! Yes!!!! YYEESS!!!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/davejavupride/status/1594790437067395072

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Someone send this to Jeff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

ilmucche posted:

this is actually ripped off from a way better game that did death loop a lot better

e: snap responded

ilmucche posted:

yes