Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I put normal hot sauce on my normal hotdogs

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rlcwydDUln1r0uzl6.mp4

Blockade has issued a correction as of 04:19 on Nov 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Doggles posted:

FAKE EDIT: How'd I wind up posting this in the hot sauce thread?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595535360863395842

Just wanna go on record here: I hate this. 😆😂🤣🤪

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

jetz0r posted:

buldak 2x spicy is one of the two hottest things i've ever eaten. the other was when my mom followed a recipe for chicken covered in a habanero and tomato paste puree, but forgot the tomato and served us a nice thick layer of habanero puree topped with a slice of vegan cheese that was indistinguishable from melted plastic.

anyways, i got that 2x spicy in a 5 pack and by the 3rd I was starting to crave it. the flavor is really good, but it's not as intense anymore. it feels like i reset my spice tolerance and will forever be chasing the dragon of that first bowl of buldak 2x spicy ramen.

The sauce I picked up was the Buldak 2x; I found it a bit hot, but figured I was just getting wussy in my old age.

I was also putting it on a small frozen burrito, when it is very clearly meant to be used in like bowls of noodles.

My grocery store has been out of my favorite sauce for weeks (Secret Aardvark habanero), so I've had to experiment. Just picked up some gochujang, we'll see how that is on burritos.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ham Equity posted:

The sauce I picked up was the Buldak 2x; I found it a bit hot, but figured I was just getting wussy in my old age.

I was also putting it on a small frozen burrito, when it is very clearly meant to be used in like bowls of noodles.

My grocery store has been out of my favorite sauce for weeks (Secret Aardvark habanero), so I've had to experiment. Just picked up some gochujang, we'll see how that is on burritos.

Why not get a mexican/spanish-inspired hot sauce to go with the burritos? That feels like it would fit best.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

Why not get a mexican/spanish-inspired hot sauce to go with the burritos? That feels like it would fit best.

I'm not a big fan of Cholula or Tapatio, and my local grocery store is Japanese, so my selection of Spanish/Mexican sauce is pretty much limited to those.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ham Equity posted:

Gochujang is like not hot at all

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mameluke posted:

Gochujang is like not hot at all

I don't need anything too hot, mostly just want some flavor. Frozen burritos aren't the best.

cmerepaul
Nov 28, 2005
That's not chapstick!

Iron Crowned posted:

A new challenger appeared to me at Jungle Jim's this week:

Jungle Jim's is probably the thing I miss the most about Cincinnati.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Ham Equity posted:

I'm not a big fan of Cholula or Tapatio, and my local grocery store is Japanese, so my selection of Spanish/Mexican sauce is pretty much limited to those.

Cool kids eat the Yucateco

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Epic High Five posted:

If you're ever in doubt check the ingredient list. If you see something like "capsaicin extract" or any of the other words they use for it, pass. It tastes like poo poo and is added to make it unbearably hot, ruins whatever it's in. A lot of those bottled Buldak sauces have it.

buldak sauces have a really good chicken flavor hiding behind the experience of getting pepper sprayed by a bowl of ramen. the saltiness of the chicken bullion covers the metallic after taste of chili extract pretty well. it's become one of my favorite instant ramen flavors. i'm not even into gimmick hot sauces, so i can't compare it to ian's insane sphincter incinerator sauce.

Ham Equity posted:

Yeah, it's meant to be used as a stir fry sauce with a bit of water to coat the noodles.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I used to put sriracha on everything but then my stomach started not enjoying things like that and I had to stop.

It’s the right level of tasty hot, it’s cheap, and it goes well on everything. A nice, workmanlike sauce.

Sadly now I have to stick to bbq sauce and sweet and sour, but it’s just not the same…

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I like the one with the rooster

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Gochujang on a frozen burrito seems like a pro move

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
personally, i'd try and heat up it someway, like microwave or oven or even over a fire.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I used to put sriracha on everything but then my stomach started not enjoying things like that and I had to stop.

It’s the right level of tasty hot, it’s cheap, and it goes well on everything. A nice, workmanlike sauce.

Sadly now I have to stick to bbq sauce and sweet and sour, but it’s just not the same…

Try Valentina sometime, it's basically superior in every way and like a buck a pint. Maybe be in your international/mexican aisle if it's not with the other sauces. Black label is choice, maybe half as spicy as Tabasco overall

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Epic High Five posted:

Try Valentina sometime, it's basically superior in every way and like a buck a pint. Maybe be in your international/mexican aisle if it's not with the other sauces. Black label is choice, maybe half as spicy as Tabasco overall

Oh I cannot have spicy stuff, most onions, or garlic any more or I will get violently ill now

But I will pass this knowledge on to my fellow spice fans here

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
death by critical whiteness

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Ham Equity posted:

I don't need anything too hot, mostly just want some flavor. Frozen burritos aren't the best.

Have you considered making food that is not frozen burritos?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I'm of the opinion that Sriracha's secret weapon is its thick ketchup like consistency. Makes it easier to put on stuff like sandwiches without it dripping out. I wish more hot sauces did that.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Zvahl posted:

death by critical whiteness

I was just going to ask how the Lutheran potluck scene was

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Iron Crowned posted:

I love me some hot ramen

A new challenger appeared to me at Jungle Jim's this week:

I can't wait to try it this weekend

The Mala/Sichuan one of those is the tiiiits

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lordshmee posted:

I really hope I get to watch him go somewhere in a rocket in my lifetime, because the odds are good he will not be coming back.

Someone posted some kinda folky song a few years back about this and it was honestly pretty good

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao2dHEB7L-o

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Spuckuk posted:

"My favorite flavor is my tongue being unable to taste anything"
-statement uttered by provences of the utterly deranged

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Milo and POTUS posted:

Someone posted some kinda folky song a few years back about this and it was honestly pretty good

I like it. Reminds me of later Chumbawamba

https://youtu.be/4yfAdtVPqGQ

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Cool kids eat the Yucateco

it’s the best

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

spacemang_spliff posted:

I don't like anything hotter than a jalapeno but I do like when hot sauces name themselves poo poo like "Dr Prolapse's Rectal Inferno"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

spacetoaster posted:

Buddy of mine is in the county jail and the company that runs everything is charging a fee for everything.

Want to deposit some money in his commissary account? There's a 15 percent fee on whatever you give him.

Want to call, or text him? It's gonna cost.

Want to visit? So sorry. Due to COVID we no longer allow in person visitation. For an exorbitant fee you can just video chat.

Seems bad.

I got stuck in jail for the weekend years ago and they wouldn't let me use my credit card to bail myself out. Like, I would have had to call someone to come claim my property and authorize them to use my credit card, which seems like that would create more problems than just giving me my wallet and letting me hand over my card.

Looking back, it was probably better that I didn't pay them because they dropped the charges and I've read that getting your bail back isn't always possible.

Oh yeah, they also take your cash and put it on a super janky pre-paid debit card with tons of fees that you get when you get out. That should really be super illegal.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Maleh-Vor posted:

As someone from Mexico, I've never understood performative Hot Sauce Culture. You eat spicy food because it's tasty, not just because it's spicy. All of those 10 billion scoville unit sauces taste like old coins.

At least Habanero actually tastes good and adds something to the flavor of food it's in. Even if you get enchilado it's usually worth it and sometimes you gently caress up going for seconds.

I'm half Mexican and I absolutely eat way spicier food than my Mexican relatives do. That is to say that they eat very spicy food but I like it even spicier. Probably because authentic Mexican food was a cool treat that I got when I visited them and wasn't what I normally ate at home, due to being raised vegetarian.

I found something cool that I couldn't have all the time so when I grew up and learned to cook for myself, I probably went nuts with the heat because it was fun and there's machismo associated with eating spicy foods.

I definitely realized at some point though, that flavor is important too so I like to make posole with a broth that actually tastes good to begin with and isn't overly spicy and then add a bunch of diced fresh peppers and Tapatio to my own bowl so it tastes good and is also incredibley spicey and gives me that endorphin rush.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
I love good hot sauces like yucateco as well as the dumb ridiculous ones with names like BLOODFART rear end BLASTER which afaik are mostly made by just a couple companies and then repackaged with different anus related labels

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Cholula makes a buffalo sauce that's addictive

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol, bail.

What an absolutely absurd concept.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
There's all these different flavors of Yucateco and somehow they haven't been co opted like Cholula or Valentina or what not

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/read...-friday-3931231

ekuNNN has issued a correction as of 11:45 on Nov 25, 2022

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
capitalism.png:

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

repackaged with different anus related labels

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

not to belittle this tragedy but i have seen even worse timetables on japanese anime artists

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Lordshmee posted:

I really hope I get to watch him go somewhere in a rocket in my lifetime, because the odds are good he will not be coming back.

I'm still bitter Bezos came back tbh.

He went up with a goddamn civilian random, too. Ain't no loving laws against murder with jurisdiction in space what the gently caress.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

He went up with a goddamn civilian random, too. Ain't no loving laws against murder with jurisdiction in space what the gently caress.

Some jurisdictions have laws against going away to commit crime (mostly to have some way of prosecuting people who go abroad to rape children). Dunno if they specify away where and if they specify which crimes - I'm not a lawyer.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Spuckuk posted:

That's one of them that I still have not seen in the wild, I really hope to find it one day.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM

Milo and POTUS posted:

wtf, is this the guy who did the fruity pebbles song??

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apVOS4CJIls

Verus has issued a correction as of 15:23 on Nov 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Orange Devil posted:

He went up with william shatner, infamous egomaniac, who had a near breakdown afterward because of the overview effect. Jeff Bezos then sprayed him with champagne, which he doesn't drink.

Billionaires really are just ghouls