Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

My opponent's played Jubilee on Kamar-Taj which pulled out Jessica Jones followed by Odin and the resulting buffs JJ received on the next turn crashed the game lmao

I still won, thanks to the power of Patriot and Dr. Doom on that same location

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Just opened Aero as my 5th pool 3 card, what cool stuff can I do with her? I also have Sera and Colleen Wing, have been playing budget Miracle but it’s pretty solitaire

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toozler posted:

Just opened Aero as my 5th pool 3 card, what cool stuff can I do with her? I also have Sera and Colleen Wing, have been playing budget Miracle but it’s pretty solitaire

Kingpin is the main thing to pair with Aero but she’s mainly good for loving with master plans, like if someone has Wong on the right lane, you put her in the left on turn 6

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

parasyte posted:

Fun, Kingpin shenanigans can catch people who don't know about Aero or Magneto off guard. One guy Swarmed my Kingpin lane to prevent that, but more than once I've got the win by one of them on T6.

Also fun: if you have priority playing Aero, Kingpin murders them as they arrive before they have a chance to flip. What was my opponent's plan? No clue! All I know is I ruined it.

I'd suggest spiderman on 5 to prevent people blocking the space and Storm as a distraction. Magneto also can pull off the 4 that is often times used when you play Storm on 3.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Sandman is also a good way to stop people from flooding your kingpin lane, go sandman->kingpin->aero or magneto

Rockker
Nov 17, 2010

A few of my pool 3 cards I just got are: Wave, Rescue, Leader, Psylocke and Ultron. Any recommendations for decks to try? I guess Wave into Odin into 6 drop would work. I don't have Patriot yet to go along with Ultron and Leader seems win more

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Toozler posted:

Aero may be the best card in the game right now. loving up your opponent's turn 5 or 6 is priceless.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rockker posted:

A few of my pool 3 cards I just got are: Wave, Rescue, Leader, Psylocke and Ultron. Any recommendations for decks to try? I guess Wave into Odin into 6 drop would work. I don't have Patriot yet to go along with Ultron and Leader seems win more

Ultron works just as well with Ka-zar and/or blue marvel

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ubersandwich posted:

Got Human Torch as my second pool 3 card. I hate playing against movement decks, but perhaps it is time to become what I have sworn to destroy.

Actually it's not "destroy" as much as "quit" when I see it coming and don't have my ideal hand.

I don't have Miles, but are there any good early pool 3 decks using only pool 2 and Human Torch? I'm seeing some with Storm, some with Vision, some with neither. Not sure exactly where to go, this thread has helped me a lot in this game, I appreciate it.

I think the common pool 2 shell is:
Iron Fist
Nightcrawler
Forge
Kraven
Multiple Man
Cloak
Dr Strange
Vulture
Hulk Buster
Heimdall

That is 10 cards. America Chavez gives you % chance to draw the other cards earlier, especially important for Multiple Man and/or Vulture. It's also a finisher for when you didn't draw Heimdall. Sometimes you can fake-out people by thinking you were going for Heimdall but you settle for the mid and right locations with Chavez instead.

That leaves the final slot for either Vision or Human Torch. Or maybe you want to swap out Nightcrawler for Human Torch. I also got Human Torch early in pool 3 and have been strictly playing Movement ever since I was satisfied with reaching rank 80. It's not the best deck for climbing and there are plenty of times where you don't know if you won until everything has been resolved (although you will get better at that). I'm still trying to find out which final card suits me best. It is fun tho.

Sometimes you do stuff like this.

(a 33 power Human Torch, since it is in low quality mode)

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 24, 2022

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Sitting at the end of 2. Someone give me the TLDR on the pending update and tell me: crank into Pool 3 or hoard credits?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hoard. Collector’s Caches could drop boosters now, but will drop Collector Tokens after you update. And Collector Tokens get you cards you don’t have yet from the shop (a new card is on offer every 8h, you can pause the rotation if you want to save up for that specific card).

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The first two pool 3 cards are guaranteed drops, not caches. There's not really any reason to not collect them right away.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Opopanax posted:

Yeah I just hit Infinite with this deck. Having Ultron means you don't have to hoard all your 1-drops till turn 6, you can just play em when they give you a benefit. I've won more than one game with just Kazar, Blue Marvel and Ultron (+friends) on the board after a t5 or t6 Killmonger.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Can anyone recommend a pool 2 deck with goose and cerebro?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

poe meater posted:

Can anyone recommend a pool 2 deck with goose and cerebro?

quote:

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Goose
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Brood
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Blue Marvel
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2VyZWJybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnJvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdvb3NlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMb2NramF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmx1ZU1hcnZlbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNclNpbmlzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJZb25kdSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9iZ29ibGluIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

You can replace Lockjaw with uhhh whatever. As long as it's a 2 or lower. Cerebro is a turn 6 play.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 24, 2022

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Duck and Cover posted:

You can replace Lockjaw with uhhh whatever. As long as it's a 2 or lower. Cerebro is a turn 6 play.

Goose is pool 3, too.

Edit: sorry, misread as only pool 2 deck.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 25, 2022

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The Sean posted:

Goose is pool 3, too.

Yeah but they said a pool 2 deck with Goose so I assume they have Goose.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 25, 2022

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
There used to be a fan site for Random Dice where you could select which dive you’d unlocked and it would recommend a build for you. Wish someone would do the same thing for Pool 3 cards. The beginner Pool 3 article is nice but it would be good to know what’s got a good chance of success once you’ve unlocked two or three of the things.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Got Sera and manages to pull my way up to the 70’s with this mostly pool 1-2 deck:

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Cable
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Lizard
# (2) Mysterio
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0ZXJpbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FibGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FwdGFpbkFtZXJpY2EifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

If you get Angela down on turn 2, Bishop on turn 3 and none of the locations are bad for you then I feel confident snapping on turns 4-5 if Sera is in my hand which I think has worked well.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Coq au Nandos posted:

There used to be a fan site for Random Dice where you could select which dive you’d unlocked and it would recommend a build for you. Wish someone would do the same thing for Pool 3 cards. The beginner Pool 3 article is nice but it would be good to know what’s got a good chance of success once you’ve unlocked two or three of the things.

Most of the mid-sized Twitch streamers will do a collection review for a certain number of channel points - usually as many as you'll get for watching a whole stream. OrdinaryHarry is one of the best for this; for a few extra points he'll actually play five games with your deck and show you where you're going wrong. He's an EU streamer though, and he streams roughly from 10-6 UTC so you'll have to get up in the morning to catch him.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, especially if you get Patriot later, I recently got Patriot at CL 1000-ish and was able to add him into a pool 2 kazoo deck and .. Ultron is great to hold in reserve just in case of killmonger, you can just drop Kazar/Blue Marvel/etc and not flood the board until later. All I need to finish it off is Mystique to double up any of the boostin' dudes.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Having much fun with the game, and have started to see cheating bots as opponents. That doesn't seem like what happened here though, wherein my opponent straight up played Moongirl into Luke's Bar and it stayed there. I thought it was a display error, but the next turn he dropped White Queen there. And they just stayed there, so he wins the game.

Known bug?

Maneck fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 25, 2022

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Figured it out. It's an exploit. Both of those cards create cards on play, with a full hand they can't go back in.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Luke's Bar doesn't bounce if your hand is full, and On Reveal effects trigger before location ones. Both White Queen and Moon Girl add cards, so they can remain there if your hand is full.

efb

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Maneck posted:

Figured it out. It's an exploit. Both of those cards create cards on play, with a full hand they can't go back in.

It's not an exploit, it's a mechanic. You can't return a card to your hand when your hand is full. What did you expect to happen?

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I'm at CL 888, should I go for 1000 to get more tokens or just save my credits till the patch hits?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Banjo Bones posted:

I'm at CL 888, should I go for 1000 to get more tokens or just save my credits till the patch hits?

If you have enough credits (112 * 50 = ~5,600 in your case) it's definitely worth it for the extra tokens. If you have to spend gold, maybe?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

BoldFace posted:

The first two pool 3 cards are guaranteed drops, not caches. There's not really any reason to not collect them right away.

My first two caches had gold and boosters. 😢

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Banjo Bones posted:

Get 1000 if at all possible , those tokens are worth like… a lot of credits

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

So I have till December 6th to make it to CL 1000, correct?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Vulpes posted:

It's not an exploit, it's a mechanic. You can't return a card to your hand when your hand is full. What did you expect to happen?

The location behaviour could match description if there was a check whether the card was played into Luke's, and if yes then leave a spot for the return. Don't all exploits follow the mechanics?

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Banjo Bones posted:

So I have till December 6th to make it to CL 1000, correct?

It sounds like you have till next Tuesday, but if you turn off auto update on your iPhone you’ll get an extra 2-7 days (until they force you to update the app). I wish I were kidding

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelSnap...utm_name=iossmf

buffalo all day fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 25, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Maneck posted:

The location behaviour could match description if there was a check whether the card was played into Luke's, and if yes then leave a spot for the return. Don't all exploits follow the mechanics?

exploits are explicitly outside intended mechanics. that's why they call them exploits

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

X Mansion. I flip first and my random card is Green Goblin, cool fine. Opponent flips next, his random is Odin who shoots it right back to me. I want to be pissed but it's too funny.

Also I'm convinced they coded Sakaar to prioritize Xavier, it goes for him every single time

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Pulled Agatha as my third pool 3 card, along with Doctor Octopus and Polaris. Any good pool 2 decks to unleash the Agatha chaos with?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Radioactive Toy posted:

Pulled Agatha as my third pool 3 card, along with Doctor Octopus and Polaris. Any good pool 2 decks to unleash the Agatha chaos with?

No. Agatha is basically unusable until you have Wave and Ghost Rider. You could try playing a standard discard deck and hope you get lucky, but then there's no point to playing Agatha in it - you're just giving up control of your first three turns for no benefit.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

What's the best use of gold, for someone in early pool 2? Should I be springing for 700 cost variants or spending on mission refresh instead?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

KazigluBey posted:

What's the best use of gold, for someone in early pool 2? Should I be springing for 700 cost variants or spending on mission refresh instead?

If you want to progress quickly but have a less flashy collection, buy mission refreshes.

If you want to have a flashy collection and are content with your current rate of progression, buy variants.

I bought the variants.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Get worldship as 2nd location, immediately flood it with storm, win on turn 4.

Man I love a quick game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Opopanax posted:

X Mansion. I flip first and my random card is Green Goblin, cool fine. Opponent flips next, his random is Odin who shoots it right back to me. I want to be pissed but it's too funny.

Also I'm convinced they coded Sakaar to prioritize Xavier, it goes for him every single time

I really want green goblin just so I can drop him on bar sinister every time it appears.