Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

Anyone have any opinions on robot vacuum? Black Friday sales got me looking at an ecovac that's like 600bux off rrp.

They're good, not as good as a real vac but for just maintaining rather than a deep clean they work really well. Just don't leave anything on the floor to get chewed up. Also they get stuck under chairs and start sending alerts to your phone crying for help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with 20 people and my only responsibility was to help pick up wine. Food was wonderful and everyone is happy and successful AND we completely managed to avoid bringing up politics

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Clockwise from upper right:
-air fried vegetable lumpia
-spatchcocked smoked Turkey with melted compound butter poured over at the last minute
-mac & cheese
-vegetarian gravy (one guest was a vegetarian so they ate all the non-meat sides)
-roasted brussel sprouts with honey & balsamic vinegar
-green bean casserole that substituted the cream of mushroom with cheese
-dip of unknown origin
-cheese & crackers
-Hawaiian rolls
-regular rolls
-stuffing

Not pictured: the pumpkin pie & banana bread for dessert.

:btroll:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

How dare you insinuate that Ehud is a cop.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Soccer is actually an English term, created at Oxford in the 1880's to differentiate "Association Football" (Assoc'r) from Rugby Football (Rugger). That being said England is going to clean house on the USA tomorrow.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Made an apple pie for dessert, took half of it home for breakfast (there were four of us):

Also did peameal bacon, a Canadian tradition, as an entree. Couldn't get the crust to stick to it, but it was still lovely:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Posted these in the game day thread but they turned out to be a hit at the dinner. I took home the leftover blueberry pie but the apple and pumpkin got finished off. I also had a ton of lamb since my friend's husband roasted a leg of lamb plus their turkey. He ended up passed out after doing a bunch of tequila shots.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Je-sus Christ I’m tired of Chinese pandering from Hollywood, does every movie need Asian folklore or a scene set in Asia?
Wife threw on newest dumbass Minion movie for the kids and why the gently caress are there dragons everywhere?
Remember Batman had a buncha scenes in Hong Kong for no drat reason

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 25, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What the gently caress?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Skwirl posted:

What the gently caress?

? Chinese gov. only allows a few western movies a year from the west to be shown, so every western production adds more and more pro Chinese stuff trying to get into that market, a lot of it is just chunked on

Just sat thru a loving minions movie that was half Chinese dragons, like the hell is going on

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 25, 2022

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sorry just mad I had to watch a Minions movie

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Dragons are cool nerd

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I made baked artichoke hearts and everyone liked them :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Artichokes are A-tier. Possibly even s-tier.

Yet they are underrepresented in the vegetables eaten by the masses.

Thank you for the public service announcement, SA2K.

I really like artichokes

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

we grow em in the back yard, get about a dozen a year and that's just about the right amount of fresh whole 'chokes for me; but we also buy marinated hearts and those are great in salads and sometimes on a pizza

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Up too early and back on my bullshit of looking up dark age saints on wiki.

This dude fathered not one, or two, or three, or four or....but well nine saints. They all have feast days and everything. Some of them still have parishes named after them apparently.

'Ithel Hael or Ithel Hael o Lydaw was a prince of Armorica who lived in the early part of the sixth century. He was the father of Baglan, Flewyn, Gredifael, Tanwg, Twrog, Tegai, Trillo, Tecwyn and Llechid, saints who accompanied Cadfan to Britain.'

My man Twrog is interesting, he was blessed with superhuman strength and threw a stone no one could ever throw at either a she-devil (whatever that means) or at the actual devil depending on who you ask that he was beefing with--or maybe they're the same. Well he missed but pissed her off enough that she took her natural form as a horned winged beast and flew off never to come back again.

Then Twrog built a church there. Realistically around a landmark stone that had always been in the ground, but we all must appreciate imagining these things.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 25, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

They just gave out sainthood like candy back then huh?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

I don’t think he was defending him whatsoever. His point was valid. You’re also not wrong. But Chill.

I totally agree that I need to chill, but I’m also tired of the disingenuous argument that “Registered Voter did a hate crime” is compelling to say that targeting violence is a problem on both sides.

It’s baked into one party platform and not the other, yet I hear this nonsense all day long in the south.

Anyway my exasperation is not good for me or this chat thread, so I’ll do better to keep it out.

Braksgirl posted:

I get to fly home to Kentucky tomorrow because my mom got diagnosed with cancer yesterday. Whee.

Just catching up, but I am really really sorry to hear this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

They just gave out sainthood like candy back then huh?

As I understand it (don't trust me I'm not a real historian) I honestly do think there was a real thought in the Church at the time that 'well we really need some Saints in this area to get things going, if you're on board and you've got a little cash or something to give us you're in.'

There are soooo many princesses sainted simply for being virgins. Like a lot of them didn't even need to found a church or join a nunnery.

It's a very fun small corner of history for me to look up.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

I totally agree that I need to chill, but I’m also tired of the disingenuous argument that “Registered Voter did a hate crime” is compelling to say that targeting violence is a problem on both sides.

Cool, lemme go tell Steve Scalise and his teammates.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LLCoolJD posted:

Cool, lemme go tell Steve Scalise and his teammates.

Wanna do some math here? I think we can do some math if we need to get through to you.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol Wales

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BrownThunder posted:

Dragons are cool nerd

Not an emptyquote.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

BrownThunder posted:

Dragons are cool nerd

Funny series of responses if you remember the flag of Wales:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Grittybeard posted:

Wanna do some math here? I think we can do some math if we need to get through to you.

This usually ends up with people claiming James von Brunn wasn't on their side because white supremacist violence isn't automatically right wing, or the guy that hammered Mr. Nancy Pelosi was actually left-wing because he was a nudist, and other similar gaming of the stats

78%, 2%. We can say violence by both sides is bad, but people claiming it's done equally by both sides are being dishonest

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Willow comes out on Wednesday :)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Willow comes out on Wednesday :)

Is it on Disney? I loved Willow as a kid and I need to go back and revisit it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

Is it on Disney? I loved Willow as a kid and I need to go back and revisit it.

Yeah…

I guess I’ll get Disney+ for a couple months.

Is there anything else on that platform worth watching that is not Star Wars or MCU?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Willow came out when I was in sixth grade and one thing I will always remember about it- we watched it in class one day, which...fine. We all joke about the hungover teacher just giving up and putting on a movie.

Except in this case it came with homework. He handed out sheets to fill out that asked specific questions about the movie, and leading questions like "how did you feel when you saw ____" or "what other characters does ____ remind you of". And these weren't just some poo poo a weirdo social studies teacher cooked up; it was literally promotional material from MGM meant to go along with the movie. They obviously meant for teachers to show this drat movie.

Nobody I ever talked to around my age had this experience, and I've never seen anything about it online. It was like some weird proto-product placement-slash-focus testing experiment that only I remember.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GD_American posted:

Willow came out when I was in sixth grade and one thing I will always remember about it- we watched it in class one day, which...fine. We all joke about the hungover teacher just giving up and putting on a movie.

Except in this case it came with homework. He handed out sheets to fill out that asked specific questions about the movie, and leading questions like "how did you feel when you saw ____" or "what other characters does ____ remind you of". And these weren't just some poo poo a weirdo social studies teacher cooked up; it was literally promotional material from MGM meant to go along with the movie. They obviously meant for teachers to show this drat movie.

Nobody I ever talked to around my age had this experience, and I've never seen anything about it online. It was like some weird proto-product placement-slash-focus testing experiment that only I remember.

man, that’s a great teacher

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Yeah…

Is there anything else on that platform worth watching that is not Star Wars or MCU?

They’ve got a decent slate of kids movies like Sandlot and Mighty Ducks as well as some decent Christmas IP.

We have it but hardly watch it. I’ve got a few physical copies of classics I need to pick up and we can prob cancel it.

Luckily our kiddo hasn’t fully latched into 1 IP like a lot of kids and she’s currently all-in on Archibald on Netflix.

Big City Greens will be missed though. And Bluey (although she is currently off it).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/burnerusmnt/status/1596098979481399296?t=8RlIZN4ozGyejZZc2Mnm1Q&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I like all this (especially the spice burn) except the metric stuff.

We should all be base 10.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Yeah, if you and the kid haven't seen Bluey that's worth a watch.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Had to go to Target today to get a couple of essentials. Luckily there’s a half-sized target by me and it was dead at 8 AM. I had severe Black Friday nightmares before I left. I normally avoid stores like the plague today.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Qwijib0 posted:

Yeah, if you and the kid haven't seen Bluey that's worth a watch.

It’s extremely good OP. When we first discovered it, I’d never heard her laugh that hard.

Kiddo loves Vampirina too but she switches between shows so often I can hardly keep up. She cycled onto Dawn of the Croods on Netflix (which is also really good) for a few weeks and is latched onto Archibald right now which is excellent but prob for slightly older kids.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I like all this (especially the spice burn) except the metric stuff.

We should all be base 10.

GOOD OMENS

https://twitter.com/MilHistNow/status/1596114224945795074?t=7-ha9CVJbyI7Oh5LAqQJPQ&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

Yeah…

If you’re just getting Disney+ on it’s own, it still has some of the 30 for 30 library of sports stuff. Also classic Simpsons (Just make sure to switch it to the correct aspect ratio) and Andor is really really good and very much not typical Star Wars.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

If you have D+ and have small kids, you’re never getting rid of it. Your kid will become obsessed with some movie and then you’ll become dependent on it. Having all the Pixar movies is kind of nice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fartknocker posted:

If you’re just getting Disney+ on it’s own, it still has some of the 30 for 30 library of sports stuff. Also classic Simpsons (Just make sure to switch it to the correct aspect ratio) and Andor is really really good and very much not typical Star Wars.

I'm six episodes through Andor and the thing I love the most is how they portray the empire as having just a miserable corporate environment where everyone is popping Adderall to meet deadlines