Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I probably won't need all of these lol

IDK you can never be too careful around animated teacups

Beauty & the Beast was nightmare fuel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Are there any new mechanics to ev train or do I do the old school method of just killing 255 of something that gives 1ev each?

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Muscle Tracer posted:

Game good. I just wish they'd given the Paradoxes actual dex entries.

Oddly enough, the opposite versions have more detailed entries on each Paradox Pokemon, though there’s still not much more info.

Like with Scream Tail:

Scarlet: “There has been only one reported sighting of this Pokémon. It resembles a mysterious creature depicted in an old expedition journal.”

Violet: “It resembles a mysterious Pokémon described in a paranormal magazine as a Jigglypuff from one billion years ago.”

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Spanish Manlove posted:

Are there any new mechanics to ev train or do I do the old school method of just killing 255 of something that gives 1ev each?

I think they removed the cap on ev boosters, so you can just use your raid cash in the post-game to just buy the stats you want. Don't know if there's better options before you're loaded though

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FoolyCharged posted:

I think they removed the cap on ev boosters, so you can just use your raid cash in the post-game to just buy the stats you want. Don't know if there's better options before you're loaded though

Neat, I'm rich as gently caress and can just buy $500k worth of vitamins for the cool rear end ruinous ice Martin I just got

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

The vitamins give 10 of each corresponding ev, and the feathers 1 of each, so you could just use 25 vitamins and 2 feathers if you wanted to do it really quick if you have the money.

Your other option is to use the power items to speed up ev training the normal way. They add 8 evs for the corresponding stat for every pokemon you ko.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I really am curious to the pokemon 'timeline' now after everything shown in this game

Implies ancient pokemon didn't even want to give humans a chance, but slowly grew domesticated. Then something happened to just mutate and turn all my buddies into machines that hate people again. Like what the hell happened to make everything turn into robots.

It's genuinely kind of unsettling having them at picnics because they look like they're a step away from killing you at all times.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nevermind, drat thing glitched back into another area I already covered and I found it.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 25, 2022

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
beat area zero and rolled credits

goddamn this game loving whips rear end. bunch of good fights, bunch of good pokemon, and good writing. now if only they could patch the memory leaking and framerate issues (lmao at the credits getting framey) this game would be amazing

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I really am curious to the pokemon 'timeline' now after everything shown in this game

Implies ancient pokemon didn't even want to give humans a chance, but slowly grew domesticated. Then something happened to just mutate and turn all my buddies into machines that hate people again. Like what the hell happened to make everything turn into robots.

It's genuinely kind of unsettling having them at picnics because they look like they're a step away from killing you at all times.

they accidentally reached into a version of the future run by doctor robotnik, clearly

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Again I'll reiterate. It's heavily implied in the Scarlet/Violet book paradox mons aren't from the past or future they're created by an eldritch abomination that dwells at the bottom of area zero.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Spanish Manlove posted:

You can buy the Power items in any Delibird shop for 10k each, as mentioned they give 8 EV to a stat each time you gain XP. So that's at most 32 kills to max out any stat (less if you're fighting a mon that gives the corresponding EV also)

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Blaziken386 posted:

beat area zero and rolled credits

goddamn this game loving whips rear end. bunch of good fights, bunch of good pokemon, and good writing. now if only they could patch the memory leaking and framerate issues (lmao at the credits getting framey) this game would be amazing

Lol this game is one of the worst reviewed in the series, and it actually might be my second favorite after Gen II. It rules.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Do you get one terrastalization for the entire E4 or can you do it once per fight?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Defeated the elite four. Larry is low-key the coolest member of any E4.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Immediate postgame spoiler:

:allears: I was already in love with these characters but this is just magical. 10/10, game of the year.

anyways im currently trying to catch legendaries and man I am not fond of the fact that luxury balls cost 3,000 in this game.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Machai posted:

Do you get one terrastalization for the entire E4 or can you do it once per fight?

Once per

Same for the tournament

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just beat the game. That whole end of the game kicked rear end. The Area Zero stuff almost reminded me more of a Metroid game than a Pokémon game. The music from that entire final area ruled too. How profoundly sad for Arven, though :negative:

e: Also, what am I supposed to use my Master Ball on? I would've thought Koraidon at first but I already have access to it. Are there legendaries you can catch in this game?

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 25, 2022

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

So I've got a female quaxly on hand. If anybody wants her just give me the heads up otherwise into the surprise trade she goes.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I have mixed feelings on area zero just because the rest of the game should have had more of this, you can do contained questlines in their own specific places even in an open world game. Hell, Skyrim even did it over a decade ago and that games even jankier. We come sorta close with the couple caves in the game but there was nothing to them besides go in one way come out the other. The 4 legendaries, those gates could have led somewhere instead of just having a pokemon burst out of them.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

BrainDance posted:

I have mixed feelings on area zero just because the rest of the game should have had more of this, you can do contained questlines in their own specific places even in an open world game. Hell, Skyrim even did it over a decade ago and that games even jankier. We come sorta close with the couple caves in the game but there was nothing to them besides go in one way come out the other. The 4 legendaries, those gates could have led somewhere instead of just having a pokemon burst out of them.

I dunno you had to climb a mountain and swim into a little waterfall cave to find the fire goldfish.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I finally marathoned the last few challenges the game throws at you and finished the game.

That ending was... something else.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zuzie posted:

I finally marathoned the last few challenges the game throws at you and finished the game.

Um yeah they really went for it there didn't they?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

Just beat the game. That whole end of the game kicked rear end. The Area Zero stuff almost reminded me more of a Metroid game than a Pokémon game. The music from that entire final area ruled too. How profoundly sad for Arven, though :negative:

e: Also, what am I supposed to use my Master Ball on? I would've thought Koraidon at first but I already have access to it. Are there legendaries you can catch in this game?

There is a second version of the box legendary way back down behind the final lab. You can also use the dupe glitch for more balls if you want.

I didn't find out about it until after I used mine.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just realized something; there is no real time clock in this game, which I am extremely happy about. Death to the real time clock; may it burn in hell.

Now, whether its replacement is implemented sensibly, such as, say, being able to wait for certain times, is its own bucket of crabs.

I have a feeling I may already know the answer to that :(

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Zuzie posted:

All I could think during the final parts was “oh man the writing in this is so much better than Sword/Shield it’s barely a worthy comparison”

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

All I could think during the final parts was “oh man the writing in this is so much better than Sword/Shield it’s barely a worthy comparison”

Ohh poo poo it is it ever. I mean it when I say you end up loving practically the entire cast.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

you say this as though sword and shield didnt introduce the most interesting and complex villains in years

:v:

more seriously, my only wish is that the game featured more of arven/penny/nemona interacting with each other, because the endgame took all three of them from "oh you're pretty neat i guess" to "these are the best characters, holy poo poo". If not for the ending segment, they would've ranked below the gen 7 crew simply because Hau & Gladion also had a really funny dynamic towards the end.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I vastly preferred SwSh's climactic boss fight from a spectacle standpoint, since the big drat heroes moment in SV was even more painfully scripted (plus you can't do stupid goofy setup builds to one-shot the final boss or set it up so Hop's sheep gets the killing blow)

SV's character writing is leaps and bounds better though

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I've been having the weirdest bug. Every building I walk into now has the pig pokemon standing at the door.

https://youtu.be/7WCuXn-qohI
Please exuse the washing machine in the background.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

A cool scripted end fight after a fulfilling final boss ftw

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

A cool scripted end fight after a fulfilling final boss ftw

That's what rpgs are all about!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

also late but the whole "Wow this game runs better if it's not an SD card" thing happens every time a new big switch game comes out and it's bizarre how everyone collectively forgets how it works when it comes up again

The game isn't magically performing better because you changed it over, it's because it was running worse to begin with when your SD card is a cheap knockoff that sucks rear end. If you have an actual decent SD card you're not going to notice a difference.
Holy crap I forgot people running games off lovely SD cards is still a thing. No wonder why my mate is complaining it runs like complete crap while I haven't had the same issues.
I have a physical copy and it's embarrassing that you have frame drops in your very exclusive console game and the LoD on animations is sad for 2022 but it's hardly the worst running game in the recently, even with the memory leak.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I dunno, I am not running it off a lovely sd card and while most of it is fine enough there are places that are just straight up bad, annoying bad.

Mostly places with a lot of water, or some places when it rains. I can handle frame skipping fine, whatever, but that's not really what it's doing. The game slows down to match the pacing of the frames (you can actually see the opposite of this in an emulator with a really good computer, the game doesn't cap its frames and if it's like 120+fps you're basically playing parts of the game on fast forward.) And that can get to a lot of people, especially when you're grinding or looking for something specific. Pokemon is sometimes slow enough, you don't need slow motion pokemon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

can anyone help me with the Eeeve Tera raids? I'm hoping to get one with the Fire Tera Type and good IVs to be a Leafeon, but I'm nowhere near ready to begin raiding.

Bumping this for the new page. I really need an Eevee with that Tera Type.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
This is a weird question but I ordered Scarlet from Amazon and the copy on the back has text in English and Spanish and there’s a tiny box that mentions French and Spanish. The ESRB rating even has Everyone and Todos. Did I get some sort of trilingual version or something?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Huh, Quaxley's line sure takes a turn :eyepop: I was expecting a swing from "Ugly Duckling" to "Swan Lake" going by Quaxwell. Instead swung wide to Carnivale Peacock. :allears:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Huh, Quaxley's line sure takes a turn :eyepop: I was expecting a swing from "Ugly Duckling" to "Swan Lake" going by Quaxwell. Instead swung wide to Carnivale Peacock. :allears:

They're my least favorite out of the starter final evolutions, it just looks like they're spasming constantly

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Oops. Just learned that if you terra into ghost, your curse also changes from the buff to the DoT. Thank god I'm not nuzlocking my first run.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
This is very much a me/minor nitpick, but just coming off travel in past Pokemon games I'm... not really a fan of the presence of the Legendaries from the get-go as travel companions. It's interesting having just A dedicated travel pokemon, but the core of the games has always been your own party and partner choices, and Miraidon/Koraidon just feel a little too overly-present/reductive for me if that makes sense? I totally get why it's the case, but I feel something more interesting could've been done folding past travel pokemon concepts into an open-world game. Put the all-in-one Legendary mid/late game for consolidation as the cool thing to get, but add some other travel pokemon too like Gogoat or the Cyclizars. Maybe some are faster, or better jumpers, so if you want to go out on the water you're looking along the shoreline for something to ride on, or something to jump up a cliff face, that sort of thing.

To be clear I'm totally fine with it as-is and thoroughly enjoying it, just idle thoughts that something better could've been done with what's available.