Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I once saw a car that says I M 4 U 2 6 9

Did you 69 that car or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Man, I have been applying myself wrong, Hotz's hobby was jailbreaking stuff, mine was building pretty stufff, i should have gone large with a bespoke computer emporium
and made ugly led poo poo with musks name on it and get given a job designing rgb enabled blades.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Jailbreaking a PS3 is still a huge pain in the rear end. Maybe he should use his brain genius to fix that first. :smugdog:

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596083744728928257?s=46&t=nQJBcVqkLudmyzj-Y9pyKg

Elon's lack of conventional directional sense must be why Teslas are so accident-prone.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

yes elon, tell me, how do we build a counter narrative to the woke ideology of "maybe the barest minimum of equality?"? give me your emerald advice.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
maybe NSFM that, jeez

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

What, and I want to emphasize this, the gently caress?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Crymetimeboys posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596083744728928257?s=46&t=nQJBcVqkLudmyzj-Y9pyKg

Elon's lack of conventional directional sense must be why Teslas are so accident-prone.

what the hell is right wing art

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
ah, they got the good poo poo out.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I've skipped a thousand posts can I get a summary?

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Ehud posted:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Splicer posted:

I've skipped a thousand posts can I get a summary?

elon musk posts like your mad uncle on facebook, and has unbanned all the nazis and sex pests.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Ehud posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Did you 69 that car or what?

Not being a dragon I ain't into that

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Ehud posted:

Didn't dali support Franco? Maybe that.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
gently caress it, crossposting myself, deal with it

Splicer posted:

As a function of N.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I keep seeing the "woke" stuff a lot in American media. Like, A LOT. It seems to be a huge topic of debate in your country and one I barely hear about in my own.

What is it about? What is it about the woke stuff they dislike and how does it affect their lives so strongly? Can someone just break it down neatly

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

To be fair, that's easy to measure. Count the number of times a tweet was viewed for all tweets that are marked as hate speech. The reason it's down of course is because they're not marking hate speech anymore.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Philthy posted:

Not so sure the slow down was from culture, but more from kids being brought up on tablets and phones. Back in the late 90s/2000s everyone jumped into IT, they all had computers at home, they geeked out on it. Today many people graduating high school have never touched a keyboard,

Is that actually a thing? I teach high school in Europe and it is literally baked into every curriculum that they’d have a lap top and they get a license for Microsoft Office and whatever software the school uses for math and data management and media classes which they are required to install and operate (with instruction on these being part of intro courses).

Like actual programming classes are only elective at the high school level, but there is a baseline of IT work that is mandatory for any high school diploma. I can’t even imagine a modern high school degree that could be done without it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Zzulu posted:

I keep seeing the "woke" stuff a lot in American media. Like, A LOT. It seems to be a huge topic of debate in your country and one I barely hear about in my own.

What is it about? What is it about the woke stuff they dislike and how does it affect their lives so strongly? Can someone just break it down neatly

"woke" = all societal progress since 1985

it must be erased so mediocre white people can be on top forever

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Zzulu posted:

It's when there's a minority or LGTBQ person in a show that isn't getting stoned to death

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Seems where ever Murdoch news is (US/UK/AU) you get conservative commentators bring it up a lot.

I'm sure it's a coincidence.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Zzulu posted:

They dislike minorities.

I could elaborate but that is the sum of it, same for whatever other boogeyman you may have encountered, like “political correctness,” “groomers,” “economic anxiety,” “SJW,” “CRT,” et cetera.

They build a whole big mythology about why the new hot thing is bad and different but they’re all just long form admissions that they are angry that women/blacks/poors/queers are treated as though they’re human when only mediocre white dudes should be granted any rights.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Zzulu posted:

But to actually answer your question, when the right doesn't like something out of straight bigotry but can't say it, it's "woke". It's just the right's preferred dog whistle as of right now.

Black mermaids? woke
Gay sitcoms? woke
Pronouns? woke
Mosque in my city? woke
Teaching kids slavery is bad? woke

etc.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Convex posted:

"woke" = all societal progress since 1860

it must be erased so mediocre white people can be on top forever

FTFY

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Philonius posted:

Full self driving tech is here - but it won't stop running over black people, so those woke SJWs won't let us release it!

Related to this, I'm really curious about what kind of complete imbecile decided that it would be a good idea to completely shun LIDAR and just assume they can program their way into making cameras work. Since this is an Elon company and its clear now that he's a loving idiot with no empathy, I'm wondering if maybe his engineers and lawyers wanted to use LIDAR as a backup but maybe this was one of the few times Elon broke free of containment by his Elon-wranglers and insisted they go without.

I guess maybe it might make sense from a ruthless capitalism context if you think you can just budget for the legal cost of killing people until you can finally figure out how to make it work (which is not a given, getting machines to drive safely 99.99%+ of the time just through vision is loving hard), but as soulless as corporations are, they do understand liability risk and will usually avoid situations that are hilariously dangerous to the company's future for short-term profit. Not always, but usually.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

whydirt posted:

Humans love watching train wrecks and it’s very rare to get to watch it from inside the train

I got to do this once (Batavia, 1994, Amtrak) and I would encourage people to watch trains wreck from not the inside if possible

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Zzulu posted:

I could be mistaken but as far as I know, "woke" as a term stems from slang that was floating around several years ago with people saying "get woke" to refer to waking up to societal issues. Basically 'wake up sheeple' but about actual problems like systemic racism, misogyny, and homophobia/transphobia, not stupid conspiracy theories. Slang has moved on and I haven't heard or seen anybody say "get woke" in years but the right wing is always well behind the curve on slang so they latched onto it and attack any hint of social progress as 'woke.'

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

This thread got even worse:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596084423023558658

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

I can't believe @pbd.podcast is woking kids

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/colourmeamused_/status/1596116629355892736
Complaining about using the death of a child for gain using your own child as example, and then being called out like this is brutal. A normal person would dissapear off the face of the earth after this, I'm sure Elon will just post "oopsies 🤣" and post a meme about abortions or something

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Zzulu posted:

Its racism and anti-gay poo poo, mostly. Its not like the left or the mainstream is talking about it much anymore, but it is being promoted *HARD* by the right as a boogeyman. The reason why is if a conservative poo poo is mad about something on TV or being taught in school due to racism or hatred towards LGBT, but they don't want to say the quiet part out loud, then they are now leaning on "woke" as their dog whistle and it works pretty well because most normal people who have started to catch on to some of the older dog whistles of the past, are not hearing this dog whistle yet.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rebel Blob posted:

So this is what you need to regurgitate to get hired at Elon's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/realGeorgeHotz/status/1595677280449089536

"The I HACKED the PS3!" Thinks he's Nikola Tesla, great :shepface:

Lmao no new tech was developed in the last decade, sure buddy

This shitshow manages to generate more stupid by the minute

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Would love to see Leon provide an example of the "Woke Propoganda" he doesn't think kids should be learning

blackcat12951
Oct 23, 2012

HELLCAT BESTCAT

Doctor Rope

Rigel posted:

Related to this, I'm really curious about what kind of complete imbecile decided that it would be a good idea to completely shun LIDAR and just assume they can program their way into making cameras work. Since this is an Elon company and its clear now that he's a loving idiot with no empathy, I'm wondering if maybe his engineers and lawyers wanted to use LIDAR as a backup but maybe this was one of the few times Elon broke free of containment by his Elon-wranglers and insisted they go without.

I guess maybe it might make sense from a ruthless capitalism context if you think you can just budget for the legal cost of killing people until you can finally figure out how to make it work (which is not a given, getting machines to drive safely 99.99%+ of the time just through vision is loving hard), but as soulless as corporations are, they do understand liability risk and will usually avoid situations that are hilariously dangerous to the company's future for short-term profit. Not always, but usually.

From memory, but the early telsas had LIDAR, however the company that made them thought that ai driving was rather unsafe, so musk now hates LIDAR.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Stewart lee pointed out, a lot of British gammons are confusing "woke" with basic health and safety regulations as well now. One I have personally heard is "the woke are making passengers wear seatbelts in cars, it's disgusting"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon loves "Exactly" almost as much as he loves 🤣

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

learnincurve posted:

Stewart lee pointed out, a lot of British gammons are confusing "woke" with basic health and safety regulations as well now. One I have personally heard is "the woke are making passengers wear seatbelts in cars, it's disgusting"

"The woke people in my office are forcing me to shower or they won't let me in! Disgusting! Forcing their ideas about hygiene on me and my kids!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/qban_linx/status/1596114201176870912?s=46&t=2NxnFQCig_7W69R9peaOfg