Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDXYHE22-o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

the lv30 veteran feats are all bugged, right? (it doesn't seem like they fresh duration of volley fire)

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I bet Grendyl is Ravenor

Orv
May 4, 2011

Qmass posted:

the lv30 veteran feats are all bugged, right? (it doesn't seem like they fresh duration of volley fire)

The additional targets don’t currently refresh it but the standard targets do. They’re aware of it, it was supposed to hit yesterday’s patch but didn’t make it in time.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Grendyl being Eisenhorn would make a really cool cameo/surprise

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think it would be extremely silly for it to be either of them so neither would surprise me.

It’s a shame that Eisenhorn mobile game was so bad, Mark Strong has an incredible voice for Warhammer.

Orv fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Nov 25, 2022

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
But what do you guys think about our pilot?

Practically every single Ogryn ive met in pubbie games that had a 2-syllables-or-less name has been wonderful and I want an ogryn in every game.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The nice thing about Ogryns is that I don't even get annoyed when they slam a grenade or ripper gun burst into a single random poxwalker, cause that's just what Ogryns do. :allears:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Fishstick posted:

But what do you guys think about our pilot?

Practically every single Ogryn ive met in pubbie games that had a 2-syllables-or-less name has been wonderful and I want an ogryn in every game.

Hell yeas rise up fellow two syllable Ogryns

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Inquisitor Grundle

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Becoming increasingly plasmabrained lately, It's still clunky but not having the setup time that the bolter does makes it real good for just popping specials. Had a match where I spawned in midmission, immediately popped my ability and was able to punch through a whole wave of trash to explode a sniper before they got their shot off on our ogryn. The big punch through pairs really well with vets see through walls.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Nov 25, 2022

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
My bet is on there being no Inquisitor Grendyl. They've got a Dread Pirate Roberts type deal where whichever reject has fought the longest without dying assumes the role.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Becoming increasingly plasmabrained lately, It's still clunky but not having the setup time that the bolter does makes it real good for just popping specials. Had a match where I spawned in midmission, immediately popped my ability and was able to punch through a whole wave of trash to explode a sniper before they got their shot off on our ogryn. The big punch through pairs really well with vets see through walls.

It’s good. Though I do wish for a better sight picture sometimes in the panic of big fights.

Orv fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Nov 25, 2022

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I wonder if the crafting will ever let you do things like change sights, because some of the guns I straight up don't like because of their awful ironsights.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I extremely hope so but I don’t currently expect it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fishstick posted:

I wonder if the crafting will ever let you do things like change sights, because some of the guns I straight up don't like because of their awful ironsights.

Yeah, the Lucius lasguns would be about 300% better if I could switch out their horrendous blocky sights that make you feel like you're shooting blind. It's wild to me that they took the lasgun version that's supposed to be all about accurate, powerful single shots and made it incredibly wobbly with lovely sights, meanwhile the short-range full auto version has nice clear sights and is steady as a rock.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, the Lucius lasguns would be about 300% better if I could switch out their horrendous blocky sights that make you feel like you're shooting blind. It's wild to me that they took the lasgun version that's supposed to be all about accurate, powerful single shots and made it incredibly wobbly with lovely sights, meanwhile the short-range full auto version has nice clear sights and is steady as a rock.

To be fair, the Lucius pattern is for dropping into a trench and blasting a guy from two feet away and vaporizing his chest cavity. Darktide just doesn’t really support that play style and the Lucius needing to charge always really hampers it.

E: Looks like you can sorta cheese a solo mode at the moment by doing a mission that's about to refresh and force starting in the lobby with just you, since the mission is gone from the board it never replaces the bots. They don't heal currently but they're much better than your average player at killing specials, though not so great at rescuing you from your own stupidity if you get trappered. :yayclod:

Orv fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 25, 2022

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Orv posted:

To be fair, the Lucius pattern is for dropping into a trench and blasting a guy from two feet away and vaporizing his chest cavity. Darktide just doesn’t really support that play style and the Lucius needing to charge always really hampers it.

That just sounds like a laser sawed-off, you could totally make that work in DT.

Orv
May 4, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

That just sounds like a laser sawed-off, you could totally make that work in DT.

I mean more like once you wade in you eventually have to switch to melee, rather than just continuing to blast people from an inch away. But a sawn off las something would be fun.

E: Also whoever asked what Refine Item is, it's likely the ability to move points between bars.

Orv fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 25, 2022

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Having played a good length of time today, I can say that the game is far more solid after the patch. No disconnects, vastly improved performance (at minimum spec here), and just a way better experience (although I didn't have too many issues before). A couple of more patches like this one, plus seeing the ship's facilities slowly filling out, and I'll be looking forward to release day (not that I wasn't in any case.)

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 25, 2022

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jerkface posted:

They say the name a bunch in the actual game. I'd question anyones capability to absorb knowledge if they put more than 5 hours into this game and didn't know at least the basics of the characters.

i've put in almost 20 hours and i didn't even know there were supposed to be actual characters

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I went from CTDing every round to only once in the past few days. Improvement is better, but not great. I really think Fatshark is treating this like an all-hands-on-deck beta, which is a rarity.

Managed to get the Long Bomb and Marked for Death in a single match last night which I'm told is "gently caress you I've been trying to get Marked for Death for a week how did you get it by mistake" and saying "by shooting" was not an acceptable answer.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Final part of the new map is not very melee-friendly. I'm sure veterans and Psykers are having the time of their lives there though

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Pennsylvanian posted:

I went from CTDing every round to only once in the past few days. Improvement is better, but not great. I really think Fatshark is treating this like an all-hands-on-deck beta, which is a rarity.

Managed to get the Long Bomb and Marked for Death in a single match last night which I'm told is "gently caress you I've been trying to get Marked for Death for a week how did you get it by mistake" and saying "by shooting" was not an acceptable answer.

Where'd you get Long Bomb? I keep trying it in the foundry down the long bridges but I can never find a good spot for it.

Marked For Death I also got pretty much by accident in the assassination mission. Turns out it didn't actually have to be 4 different weak spots, so simply rapid-firing into the boss' head during volley fire did the trick.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Got Long Bomb during that one mission where you hold out waiting for an elevator while enemies cross a bridge that you had to cross to get to the elevator. I was standing pretty far back and aiming my throw so that the arc showed the grenade would just hit the tip of the ceiling. I also have those two perks that let me and my team regen grenades, so I just got to spam a bunch over the course of the wave.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Final part of the new map is not very melee-friendly. I'm sure veterans and Psykers are having the time of their lives there though

Is still a few choke points to keep a handle on but yeah, much more open than most which is a nice change.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Marked for Death is super easy to get on Beasts of nurgle. Just wait until you have a free shot at its big ol back pustule, pop volley fire and assuming you can hit a giant yellow target 4 times, thats it.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
The kramering on poxwalkers is even worse than the ice skating chaos warriors in VT2.

They will skateboard from up to 10 meters away and they come in waves so even if you block / smack one out of it another one will be 360 kickflipping their way into your face from somewhere beyond the horde.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

BombiTheZombie posted:

The kramering on poxwalkers is even worse than the ice skating chaos warriors in VT2.

They will skateboard from up to 10 meters away and they come in waves so even if you block / smack one out of it another one will be 360 kickflipping their way into your face from somewhere beyond the horde.

If this was VT2 I'd say this was their sprinting attack that they use when they've missed once already and I assume its the same here. Its mostly used to stab players in the back who are trying to sprint away.

If there are a lot of them doing it to you then that suggests they're surviving an encounter with you and forcing you to retreat. Best way to survive it is to be part of a shoving group. Shoving forces them to retarget the shover.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Half-asleep sick thoughts; I wonder if there’s a backpack slot because hellguns are in and they decided why not do cosmetics back there too.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Orv posted:

Half-asleep sick thoughts; I wonder if there’s a backpack slot because hellguns are in and they decided why not do cosmetics back there too.

The super special edition comes with a backpack cosmetic that you can use on everyone except the Ogryn so yeah there are.

Edit: Oh I misread your post, yeah they probably made a slot for that reason.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 25, 2022

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

I didn't feel that way. There's lots of nasty sniper/gunner perches to be sure, but big open spaces mean you really need to manage hordes, then for the last stand there are strong chokepoints for melee whether you make your stand on top of the cars or inside them.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I feel like its very Fatshark to make those drops on the Repair mission finale juuuuust high enough that you take fall damage if you try to shortcut from them

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fishstick posted:

I feel like its very Fatshark to make those drops on the Repair mission finale juuuuust high enough that you take fall damage if you try to shortcut from them

If you drop onto the raised areas first instead of straight to the lowest floor you’ll take no damage.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

BombiTheZombie posted:

The kramering on poxwalkers

lol

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cease to Hope posted:

I didn't feel that way. There's lots of nasty sniper/gunner perches to be sure, but big open spaces mean you really need to manage hordes, then for the last stand there are strong chokepoints for melee whether you make your stand on top of the cars or inside them.

Idunno, with an axe and a flamethrower, and 2 vets + a psyker on my team, I felt that I couldn't do much more than stay inside the train and get whatever stragglers wandered in there.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Hit level 14 on my sharpshooter. Got a gray power sword, green bolter and a purple 1 handed chainsaw. I love the power sword and the bolter is amazing. I think I might run with this for awhile. Shame the buff on the power sword only last about 3 seconds...

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I unlocked the Chainsword for the first time and it's pretty cool visually but I would definitely recommend trying it out before you level up a psyker because it's definitely a weaker version of a force sword in several ways. Yeah it's zero cost and everything, it's just kind of an issue where you really have to get stuck in and glued to the target a bit to do good damage.

I do feel that it's going to get overshadowed by the power sword when that unlocks, from what I've seen. It's a neat weapon but for something so iconic I guess I was expecting more.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
The chainsword is an absolute beast on assassination missions. Just rev it up and heavy attack the boss, one hit is enough to drain 1/5th of his shield. With a group of 4 chain weapons the guy gets absolutely ravaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

BombiTheZombie posted:

The chainsword is an absolute beast on assassination missions. Just rev it up and heavy attack the boss, one hit is enough to drain 1/5th of his shield. With a group of 4 chain weapons the guy gets absolutely ravaged.

I love that most people have adopted the assassination boss strategy of curb stomping a man and basically ignoring the adds until he's dead.