Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you were looking forward to Guff rotating in April so Druids couldn’t pull off 20 mana combos anymore, I have bad news…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I guess that explains why they preemptively nerfed Earthen Scales.

Incidentally, I expect the rarity is off on one of the Druid cards — as currently listed, they’ve got four commons and two rares, instead of the 3/3 split classes usually get.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
That's a cool way of giving free mana though!

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Scholtz posted:

I wonder if a Mage card that did something along the lines of (very loosely worded here) "Cast X mana worth of spells targeting your hero, then deal double that damage to the enemy hero." would be fun/funny

Would combo well with the 'can only take 1 damage at a time' card. Not sure it fits into the class theme though, self damage is more of a warlock thing

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

This seems really efficient. I like how Manathirst doesn't take away from the base power of a card but instead simply adds a bonus effect, at least in most cases.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Better play it quickly, after turn 3 it only damages enemies with Lifesteal :v:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I know why they'd never do it, and I understand why completely, but it would be kinda interesting to see a Manathirst/Honorable Kill/Infuse card that actually gets worse if its stipulation is fulfilled. For instance, with Insatiable Devourer I thought when its infuse said "and its neighbors" I first thought it meant the DEVOURER'S neighbors. I thought that was a sorta interesting way to use infuse, its a downside but under certain situations maybe you'd want it to kill its neighbors?

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Now I kind of want to see an undercosted spammy arcanist reprint with honorable kill: deal 1 damage to your hero

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Luff posted:

Now I kind of want to see an undercosted spammy arcanist reprint with honorable kill: deal 1 damage to your hero

Warlock questline would love to see that too.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

https://youtu.be/VnqOL1YqKzs

Can someone grab a high res screenshot from the end of this vid? It’s too small on my phone…

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

FAT BATMAN posted:

https://youtu.be/VnqOL1YqKzs

Can someone grab a high res screenshot from the end of this vid? It’s too small on my phone…

I assume this is what you're after: (even in 1080 it's a bit blurry)

The concoctions are:

Summon a random 3-cost minion
Destroy a random enemy minion
Deal 3 damage
Add a card to your hand from another class. It costs (3) less
Draw 2 cards

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 25, 2022

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Concoctions seem like the most mathed out anti-fun hearthstone has ever been.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
"random 3-cost minion" and "card from another class" is a whole lot of RNG

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

skaboomizzy posted:

"random 3-cost minion" and "card from another class" is a whole lot of RNG
If I know my Hearthstone, the number of times you get that combo will be roughly 5:1 over 'destroy a minion and draw 2 cards'.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The spell is discover so you can force it.

It just feels so like…. a convoluted way to reskin a bunch of old effects.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

kater posted:

Concoctions seem like the most mathed out anti-fun hearthstone has ever been.

agreed.. back when it was leaked:

Excelzior posted:

Rogue looks to be getting EVEN MORE bullshit. Great.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I’m not sure what Rogue deck even wants Concoctions. They’re not strong enough to go all-in on as the central theme in your deck, they’re too slow and expensive for Miracle, and I don’t think Thief has space unless it cuts the secret package or something. They’re a neat midrange value mechanic, but what’s the deck look like?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I think I can upgrade my hatred of 'casual Denathrius' to 'actual loathing'.

Why the gently caress is this random coinflip of an effect in the game at all?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

All the recent cards, plus the concoctions again since I made the images for the Discord:

Does Hunter have a lot of arcane spells?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Kalko posted:

I guess this is everything arcane adjacent to Halduron:

Can ricochet hit the same target (face) three times?

Even then, you'd have to have a clear board and hit all the arcane synergy draws perfectly to do something like 3x4 damage for 1 mana.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 26, 2022

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

From a WoW perspective Arcane is the second damage type Hunter has consistent access to, after Nature and equal with frost/fire. Arcane Shot is a basic Hunter ability, and Marksmanship hunter in particular will use it.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Shockeh posted:

I think I can upgrade my hatred of 'casual Denathrius' to 'actual loathing'.

Why the gently caress is this random coinflip of an effect in the game at all?

On a theoretical level, I can deal with him being in the game as a way to deal with snowballing and as a general interesting card to play around.

But then some shaman hits me with Brilliant Macaw on turn 11 after I already survived his bullshit once

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Had my longest ever game of Hearthstone this evening. Two deathrattle/thief priests chasing achievements with no win conditions to speak of. Hit the turn limit and ended in a tie just after 50 mins into the game. Never had that happen in 8 years of playing this game. Good thing too, or I would've lost shortly afterwards from fatigue.

victorious fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 26, 2022

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Arcane hunter package is cute. Idk how it is supposed to win games but it’s cute.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Kalko posted:

You know, until literally just now I assumed all the random spells that were kind of based on Arcane Shot thematically were also Arcane. But no, it's literally just Arcane Shot. At least it'll be easy for them to add more later, right?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Conjured Arrow is the big payoff here. It’s an absurd card with no buffs whatsoever as long as you can hold off until the manathirst kicks in; with two or three points of spell damage it’s laughably broken. It is disappointing that Arcane Shot is literally the only other Arcane Hunter card in Standard, but I could see the whole package going into some kind of Naga deck along with Naga’s Pride, the cast-twice guy at four mana, and the three-mana deal five guy.

(It seems pretty clear to me that this whole package was designed around giving the Questline one last push before it rotated, but then they realized everyone hates the Hunter Questline. I wonder if any of the cards were changed as a result.)

As for Denathrius, I wonder how much overlap there is between people complaining about him and people who complained about durdly no-win-condition Priest and Warrior decks.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

So I've come back to bullshit wizard poker. Haven't played since before witchwood so it's been a while. So glad they changed how you get to legend or whatever the top rank is called, often used to just jam it to the bullshit grind stage (was it rank 5 before?) I assume that's diamond 5 these days from reading the thread.

Gunna get a constructed deck or two together soonish probably once the whatever is happening right now settles down some release?

Apparently you get a free deck? How do I get it?

Been playing some arena, my other love, apparently hardly any of the cards have changed lol, I assume it's on some.blast from the past theme?

My first run was a terrible hunter druid, all tempo no value but not enough tempo to actually close out against any halfway decent deck, finished on 5.

Second run I've got a warrior demon hunter power control deck that just feels unfair, got so many tools in the first ten I leant into it.

Guys sat there playing his win con hoping I don't have it while I have 3 answers sat in my hand.

5-1 at the moment, the loss was some appalling rng.

Deck has (I'm going to be terrible on names of cards) the 4 dmg to all minions spell, heroic strike, 2x 4/2 weapon 1dmg to all on death, 2x 7 mana summon a 1/1 taunt scarab guy, alexa the dragon, a bunch of card draw some pings, the 4/3 and 5/2 charge guys and some decent bodies from 4 mana and up and just enough low end stuff to keep me alive long enough to take over.

Add some silences, pings, extra damage on hero etc. It's sick. Yet only gets a 65 score on hearth arena.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I didnt realise dual class arena was up at the moment. I dont love arena butdual class is interesting at least

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Ask me no questions, I will tell you no lies.

### RenoBane
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 1x (1) Paralytic Poison
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (1) Silverleaf Poison
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 1x (2) Blade Flurry
# 1x (2) Captain's Parrot
# 1x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 1x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 1x (2) Double Cross
# 1x (2) Garrote
# 1x (2) Maestra of the Masquerade
# 1x (2) Shiv
# 1x (2) Swindle
# 1x (2) Tuskarrrr Trawler
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Mimic Pod
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Dread Corsair
# 1x (4) Tinker's Sharpsword Oil
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 1x (5) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Vanish
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAEBAYO6AhrEAZIEvQTUBe4GqAivEJG8AvzBAuXRArvvAvyjA865A+fdA6nrA6zrA470A6H5A/uKBOWwBKmzBJbUBJrUBLjZBNzaBJfvBAfVjAOqywP31AOSnwT3nwS3swT90wQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Patch notes are out: https://t.co/49zs3MOJQ4

Theotar nerfed again to 6-mana 4/4.
Death Knight event runs Dec 6-20 with daily quests to get 6 Signature cards, a pack and a cardback.
Winterveil event also coming later.
A bunch of Battlegrounds/Duels/Mercs updates etc.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I will never log offstop playing Theotar!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Kalko posted:

Yeah, they could make him a 6-mana 0/1 and people would still play it. The body is immaterial.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hearthstone: The body is immaterial.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Kalko posted:

You will once it's effect becomes "choose a card in your opponents hand, you get a copy of it until the end of your turn" Ala Illucia

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The card’s kind of iffy even at five. (I won several games on my climb to legend this month against people who thought it was more important to waste their whole turn stealing my Denathrius or Insatiable Devourer instead of dealing with my board that was actively killing them, never mind the ones who played it at the wrong time and got their choice of Trogg, Ramming Mount, or Pet Collector.) Six mana might actually make it no longer worth playing at all.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

victorious posted:

Patch notes are out: https://t.co/49zs3MOJQ4

Theotar nerfed again to 6-mana 4/4.
Death Knight event runs Dec 6-20 with daily quests to get 6 Signature cards, a pack and a cardback.
Winterveil event also coming later.
A bunch of Battlegrounds/Duels/Mercs updates etc.

This is wild to me because they didn't address the most notable battlegrounds bug, which is both common and backbreaking, didn't address any of the big outstanding balance issues, and just kinda... Made a new half-assed quest.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Toshimo posted:

This is wild to me because they didn't address the most notable battlegrounds bug, which is both common and backbreaking, didn't address any of the big outstanding balance issues, and just kinda... Made a new half-assed quest.

New to Hearthstone, I take it?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Desert Bus posted:

New to Hearthstone, I take it?

As someone who primarily plays Duels, I'm playing him a tiny violin.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

What's the BG bug? But yeah, balance has been awful this season. I wonder if they are just gonna do away with quests like they did buddies and add a new gimmick so they won't bother with balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Chernabog posted:

What's the BG bug? But yeah, balance has been awful this season. I wonder if they are just gonna do away with quests like they did buddies and add a new gimmick so they won't bother with balance.

Technically it's more like Darkmoon Prizes, since Denathrius can always pull the mechanic back out. But yeah, it definitely feels like they just shoved in a mechanic to wildly shake things up and just assumed the meta would turn out fine.

Although, now I'm just wondering how Battlegrounds' patch rate compares to something like Teamfight Tactics or Autochess. Probably very badly.