Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dabir posted:

so which starter did you pick
Sourdough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Splicer posted:

Sourdough

There's a lot of new good dogs.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

OPAONI posted:

There's a lot of new good dogs.

The bread dogs are very blessed

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Turddies.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm playing the new Pokemon right now and Nemona's whole vibe is way off. The whole game has weird vibes. It's got the youngest-looking player character models in a while, especially with deliberately juvenile school uniforms, with everyone else being taller and more mature. The continued lack of voice acting of any kind pairs poorly with the halfhearted efforts towards character animation in cutscenes, and the dialogue grates. Nemona's schtick might be entertaining if she was in any way your peer, or with the right voice performance, or I dunno what, but instead she's overbearing and weirdly fixated on the young and inexperienced PC.

Maybe the least of the game's problems though.

She's in the same grade/class as you, she's just taller.

Girl has a single concrete brick for a brain and wants to be the Goku to your Vegeta. That's quite literally as deep as it gets.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
A lot of people you run into in the “student” trainer class are clearly middle aged or older which I like to think is poking fun at the franchise’s sizable adult fanbase.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cleretic posted:

I'm sorry, I regret to inform you I bought the interesting game that came out last week, instead of The Continuing Adventures of Sad Angry Dad.

I mostly keep my opinions about it to the more game-focused threads, but hey, if there's someone being an idiot on social media about Pokemon, I'm gonna talk about it here.

In a thread for braindead dumbass posts in a forum full of deadass braindumb posts, this one somehow rose to the top of the pile

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That post seems really innocent so man you have some low standards

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

DreadUnknown posted:

PETA is run by some real pieces of work, like they got mad at Games Workshop for having space vikings with alien space wolf pelts sculpted on them. Literally a playing piece for a game.
Not a real wolf.
They loving stupid.

There are no wolves on Fenris, PETA! :colbert:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

PETA just out here committing full-scale sentient fungus erasure. Typical

They are pretty clear about what taxonomical kingdom their bailiwick is. You never see them sticking up for the rights of protista either.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't think you're allowed to criticise other media if you have a homestuck avatar

Hey, wait--- Okay, fair point.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Two Beans posted:

There are no wolves on Fenris, PETA! :colbert:

:hmmyes:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cleretic posted:

I'm sorry, I regret to inform you I bought the interesting game that came out last week, instead of The Continuing Adventures of Sad Angry Dad.

I mostly keep my opinions about it to the more game-focused threads, but hey, if there's someone being an idiot on social media about Pokemon, I'm gonna talk about it here.

There are games out there that reward paying excessive attention to the behaviour and attitudes of the characters, such as pathologic 1 and 2, or return of the obra dinn, or Bloodborne. Pokemon is not one of them. None of the characters in Pokemon are "yanderes" or gaslighters, or stalkers, or whatever else. They are written with broad, simple strokes, so as to be easily understood by an audience who have not necessarily developed theory of mind yet

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

If I wanted to stroke a simple broad I'd quit ghosting your mom

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Byzantine posted:

If I wanted to stroke a simple broad I'd quit ghosting your mom

nice

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

some plague rats posted:

There are games out there that reward paying excessive attention to the behaviour and attitudes of the characters, such as pathologic 1 and 2, or return of the obra dinn, or Bloodborne. Pokemon is not one of them. None of the characters in Pokemon are "yanderes" or gaslighters, or stalkers, or whatever else. They are written with broad, simple strokes, so as to be easily understood by an audience who have not necessarily developed theory of mind yet

Pokemon is a franchise that is very adored by Autistic populations, so brushing up against the grim reality that they're growing up while a franchise that unapologetically does not and never has given the slightest gently caress about its adult fans has some real "dog left at the shelter who hasn't realized his owners are never coming back" energy, and the more clueless ones get loving weird about it.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

mind the walrus posted:

...a franchise that unapologetically does not and never has given the slightest gently caress about its adult fans ...

I wouldn't go that far; they threw in some fanservice in the Gen 2 remakes.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/andylevy/status/1596176178070654976?s=46&t=B4y5Eij9acwJx_ndQp-CsQ

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My pokemon opinion is that I hate the duck's last evolution being just a sexy Carnivale person doing a tiddy shimmy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

My pokemon opinion is that I hate the duck's last evolution being just a sexy Carnivale person doing a tiddy shimmy.
I was annoyed they made Weed Cat stand up too, but Furries want their Furry bait. Quadrupedal mascots are a cognitive dissonance bridge too far.

Holy poo poo that is dark even for Musky Elmo.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at nintendo/pokemon company making furry bait for every gen.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

new pokémon is good and brings back the joy i felt when i was 10 back in my shriveled old heart

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Splash Attack posted:

new pokémon is good and brings back the joy i felt when i was 10 back in my shriveled old heart
I'm glad because all I'm loving hearing are complaints about software bugs and a lack of feature depth like these things aren't assembly-line product cranked out in the game dev. equivalent of a windowless warehouse every 3 years for a new crop of 6-12 year-olds.

"Oh so I guess you're not buying this one and moving on with your life then"

"What? No. I preordered Day One and have sunk 60 hours into it. Here's my collection of fanart and streams. I just can't believe Nintendo didn't listen to the fans for this one. Why, if they do this 4-5 more times I might one day consider buying the latest release on Day Two!"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Oh yeah the new Pokémon runs like absolute poo poo. But that is because the switch’s hardware is now horribly out of date rather than pretty out of date

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Back in my day we had 151 pokémon and we liked it :colbert:

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

ive had it described it to me as it being like fallout new vegas: extremely janky but incredibly fun if you can bear with the jank.

there’s also the fact that they tried to make a AAA open world game in three years. botw2 started dev two years before the new pokemon and still isn’t coming out until next year lmao.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh yeah the new Pokémon runs like absolute poo poo. But that is because the switch’s hardware is now horribly out of date rather than pretty out of date

The switch is definitely showing its age but compare the new Pokémon to Zelda or monster hunter or hell even the other open world Pokémon game that came out 10 months ago.

It's substantially worse than all of them.

https://youtu.be/pBZqt7D24Zc

Mega Comrade has a new favorite as of 21:43 on Nov 25, 2022

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Oh no my tiny battle monsters aren't in 8k. :(

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

some plague rats posted:

I want to read this to Cleretic while :catstare:ing at them, slowly, with emphasis.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Captain Monkey posted:

lol I think being weirdly defensive is for the console threads

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Captain Monkey posted:

This but unironically

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

The switch is definitely showing its age but compare the new Pokémon to Zelda or monster hunter or hell even the other open world Pokémon game that came out 10 months ago.

It's substantially worse than all of them.

https://youtu.be/pBZqt7D24Zc
I mean, yeah, and it's a franchise that has never once hidden its desire to be for children who don't know any better, whose parent company has always been politely but blatantly baffled by and uninterested in the continued passion of adult fans beyond "Ok sure you can buy it too, if you want."

That was true when I was a kid looking up "Pikablu" rumors on Web 1.0 and it has never substantially changed.

It's the 2020s. It is in fact time to start moving on and accept that Nintendo just does not give a gently caress about making tiny monster game "good."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Splash Attack posted:

ive had it described it to me as it being like fallout new vegas: extremely janky but incredibly fun if you can bear with the jank.
it's not that bad, it just really chugs a lot, like the performance issues are obvious but it's still super fun

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Tiny battle monsters are cool and good and my friends.

The excessive tutorials mean I don't play the games anymore though, and that you can't even blame on being 4kids cause red and blue were also for kids.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The gameplay itself is perfectly good, it just runs like rear end especially if you enter a city.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I wouldn't go that far; they threw in some fanservice in the Gen 2 remakes.

Look, all this pointless arguing over whose Tentacool is bigger is missing the real issue - both Cloyster and Onix here are male Pokemons

The trans-agenda strikes again! Thanks, woke Nintendo! :argh:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

This thread should be called social media owns idiot

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

It does also look like absolute poo poo so that's not really an excuse

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Look, all this pointless arguing over whose Tentacool is bigger is missing the real issue - both Cloyster and Onix here are male Pokemons

The trans-agenda strikes again! Thanks, woke Nintendo! :argh:

Not the first time they've had trans trainers in Pokemon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Byzantine posted:

Tiny battle monsters are cool and good and my friends.

You’re just praising the beast fights because the racing games fanatics burnt half the city.