Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k0-0QAHZZ0

always brings a smile to my face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
that also brings to mind the time cantona posted a video of someone cracking an egg with his penis

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

qsvui posted:

that also brings to mind the time cantona posted a video of someone cracking an egg with his penis

wh... whose penis?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

cantona is much cooler than any footballer has a right to be

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The one true king

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
:mcrappe:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

joey barton getting caught placing bets but it being revealed he lost literally almost every single one, including betting on himself to score in a derby.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

FIFA holding an online vote for Player Of The Century and then making it a joint award because Maradona won instead of Pele

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
When the TV cameras cut to a Man City fan crying because they lost the Charity Shield.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

pik_d posted:

Out of yours

Way back but fucken lmaoooo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fortunate sithole

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Watching the FIFA doco on Netflix and remembering that blatter always expected to be addressed as “Mr President” and to always stay in a hotel’s presidential suite lmao

Also that he assumed a friendly between Israel and Palestine plus giving the world cups to Russia and then the USA would win him a Nobel peace prize

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgrfQEB0XAg

This being included in the Netflix documentary to illustrate Qatar's footballing history

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

webmeister posted:

Also that he assumed a friendly between Israel and Palestine plus giving the world cups to Russia and then the USA would win him a Nobel peace prize

I posted this in the Qatar thread as something I'd do as part of an elaborate Sylvia Night character bit, and just lmao that Blatter's already loving done it because FIFA is immune to parody

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
When FIFA made United Passions starting Sam “Dr. Dinosaur” Neil so he could construct additional pylons at his winery and it bombed

Lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Alan Smithee posted:

When FIFA made United Passions starting Sam “Dr. Dinosaur” Neil so he could construct additional pylons at his winery and it bombed

Lol

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/dec/22/tim-roth-fifa-movie-united-passions-to-pay-for-kids-college

quote:

The film is awful (can’t say that because I haven’t seen it) I hated doing it, it was the wrong film but for the right reasons. I had two kids in college so I had to make a decision and it was probably poorly judged, but once you make that decision you have to follow through. It’s a hard road, being in something you don’t want to do, but I’m glad I did it for my family.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I’ll always respect Michael Caine for his honesty

https://twitter.com/scottEmovienerd/status/1375429822583803904?s=20&t=e2BiGvx8y8wD3QcjJgnGSw

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Saudi Arabia 2 - Argentina 1

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Saudi Arabia 2 - Argentina 1

Suddenly remembering this and hell, I'm laughing

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
ITT post funny World Cup poo poo you suddenly remember
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFDoPRSnefE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nuremberg_(2006_FIFA_World_Cup)

e: gently caress you FIFA

sticksy fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 24, 2022

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Batshuayi scoring today reminded me of this

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

https://twitter.com/naamanzhou/status/1013641937088274432

A child who believes in a peaceful world rising to 21/20 odds to reach the group stage after beating Costa Rica.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
She was in fact correct

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

vyelkin posted:

She was in fact correct

remembering how correct she was rn

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Watching Uruguay reminded me of Diego forlan apparently being the only footballer in the world who thought to practice with a jabulani before the 2010 world cup and just doing amazing 40 yard swerving shots on goal

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Diego Forlan was the best lad who meant the most well

remembering him scoring for United, taking his shirt off, and not being able to get it back on so just sprinting around the pitch shirtless until the ref told him to stop

they throw you in prison for that now

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Yes it is now illegal to score for Manchester United

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Discussion in the tactics thread reminded me of someone saying "when I was at Real Madrid we would have hours-long meetings and training sessions about tactics. When I arrived at Tottenham, Harry Redknapp's team talks were just 'you play left, you play right, run hard and enjoy yourselves lads'"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

webmeister posted:

Discussion in the tactics thread reminded me of someone saying "when I was at Real Madrid we would have hours-long meetings and training sessions about tactics. When I arrived at Tottenham, Harry Redknapp's team talks were just 'you play left, you play right, run hard and enjoy yourselves lads'"

Van Der Vaart?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Wales 0 Iran 2

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dell_Zincht posted:

Wales 0 Iran 2

Just remembered this too and I also lmaoed

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Wayne Hennessy nazi salute

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

c0burn posted:

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1119271337485316096?s=20&t=yYDrI3arT1nTxN-q5Gck0w

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

c0burn posted:

Didn't he do this twice or am I misremembering?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I remember anelka doing his Nazi salute which was actually a reference to a french comedian who was anti-racist by being as racist as possible

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

I remember anelka doing his Nazi salute which was actually a reference to a french comedian who was anti-racist by being as racist as possible

It's not a Nazi salute it's just made to look like a Nazi salute

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
My French teacher in senior school (who I and many other students had the massive horn for) was his translator when he was at City and said he was an arsehole

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

My French teacher in senior school (who I and many other students had the massive horn for) was his translator when he was at City and said he was an arsehole

for a moment I thought you meant Wayne Hennessey, and that she just followed him around explaining basic concepts in a way that he could comprehend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The Hennessey stuff was even better because he went to an FA tribunal that everyone thought would be thrown out and then a panel of experts realised that no this guy literally didn't know that the second world war took place and thought that the hitler salute was just something you did at German people