Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
It's also what happens if you're a neglectful parent and just let your infant lay on its back 24 hours a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

facialimpediment posted:

I WANT ALL THE CP

GIVE ME ALL OF MY PLATFORM'S CP SO I CAN OWN THE LIBS WITH IT

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595671290421170179?t=H6tugQfOf_201OvdRteZTg&s=19

Someone on here has the theory that the Elon Twitter clusterfuck is all part of some grand plan. Every time poo poo like this happens I laugh at this notion.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sacrist65 posted:

Someone on here has the theory that the Elon Twitter clusterfuck is all part of some grand plan. Every time poo poo like this happens I laugh at this notion.

He's using classic sabotage for spaces that leftists and minorities have been organizing you rear end.

It's working flawlessly because it's getting violent dipshits to attack us in online and real life spaces and being the big concern troll to gaslight people who are not interested in this poo poo.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Arven posted:

It's also what happens if you're a neglectful parent and just let your infant lay on its back 24 hours a day.

The chair thing seems doubtful but this will definitely end up in a flattened head. And it does not sound like his parents were remotely competent.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It just hit me that Elon seems to think he's some sort of techbro Hans Gruber when, in reality, he's the cocky yuppie who gets domed for trying to negotiate with Hans.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Ellis didn't deserve that insult, you take it back

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

USA v England 2PM (e: est) on Fox.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SquirrelyPSU posted:

USA v England 2PM (e: est) on Fox.

Supporting Rupert Murdoch and Qatar? Cool, cool.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Has the World Cup made Twitter crash and burn yet?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
no, it actually turns out Elon was right about the bloat with twitter staffing. or there's a bunch of people on visas who are trapped and working absurd hours to keep everything from falling apart idk

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
the system is reasonably resilient to not entirely falling over, especially not for the main timeline, but oddities in reply order and slowness have started cropping up

the SMS 2FA service going away entirely is pretty lol

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

maffew buildings posted:

no, it actually turns out Elon was right about the bloat with twitter staffing. or there's a bunch of people on visas who are trapped and working absurd hours to keep everything from falling apart idk

It's one of those cases where enough front-end work was done that Twitter won't simply crash overnight, but will degrade overtime until the kerpoof crash eventually happens. I'm getting far, far more many page-loading errors, and videos that refuse to work, and overall jank that never really existed before. Add to that a dramatic upscaling of garbage-tier ads that only used to exist on burner-level accounts and a lot of "hmm, that's acting weird" errors and it's clear that poo poo just isn't working right.

Naturally, Elon's Bigly Good Brain will decide that everything is fine and everyone else is wrong.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Leave posted:

Ellis didn't deserve that insult, you take it back

Upon rewatch I appreciate in his first few encounters with the bad guys McClane is trying to arrest them. He’s unsuccessful and eventually shoots without hesitation but it does help to make him sympathetic and a guy dealing with a bigger situation than he realizes so still trying to follow police rules of engagement, rather than the cartoon character he becomes in the later movies.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Guys just wait until next month's thread to talk about Christmas movies

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Soul Dentist posted:

Guys just wait until next month's thread to talk about Christmas movies

I wish. I have a deal with the wife, she can watch all the Christmas movies she wants after Thanksgiving. She also has to wait to decorate for Christmas until that benchmark. I have heard no less than 4 different Christmas movies in the other room today. I can now tell what is happening by the music. I will shout out from the other room, "falling in love montage!" or "mischief music!" or "evil grinch/step sister/evil twin/etc". I am correct every time. Within 5 min I can tell you who will end up with whom at the end of the movie.

I guess I am saying, if I have to suffer, why not the rest of the thread?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

police rules of engagement

The what now?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Maybe it's time to log off, this is getting a bit much

That's being suggested to me under the topic "Parenting" for those of you smart enough to not spend time on twitter.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

What kind of hosed up hi top is that kid rocking

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Arrath posted:

What kind of hosed up hi top is that kid rocking

he's a itty bitty baby

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Pretty cool their gay dad has a shield that shoots rainbows

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So did cumtown change its name to Lemonparty or is it a separate thing?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Dum Cumpster posted:

That's being suggested to me under the topic "Parenting" for those of you smart enough to not spend time on twitter.

That's AI generated, isn't it?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

A.o.D. posted:

That's AI generated, isn't it?

You'd think it would have to be but I'd never seen anything suggested that was nearly that conservatively biased until this week. Elon must have told some H1B worker to put in the racism knob by Friday if he wanted to keep his job.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I would really love to read about the type of person who’s still left at Twitter between the layoffs and the mass quitting. My guess is it’s H1B workers terrified of losing their visas and formerly closeted right-wingers who were concerned about there not being enough places where you could say the gamer word online freedom of speech.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

So did cumtown change its name to Lemonparty or is it a separate thing?

Cumtown ended when Stav left, they've been workshopping new brands for a few months

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Dum Cumpster posted:

You'd think it would have to be but I'd never seen anything suggested that was nearly that conservatively biased until this week. Elon must have told some H1B worker to put in the racism knob by Friday if he wanted to keep his job.

I meant the art.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Lex Luthor still bad.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

Cumtown ended when Stav left, they've been workshopping new brands for a few months

Lemonparty is not them.

Womp womp.

But it's alright.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

A.o.D. posted:

I meant the art.

Oh, lol. No idea, thankfully.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1596270713262202880?t=AFjHtE1YnvFJzqnVUmRENw&s=19

The Vox Populi, by Elon

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

DO IT, DO IT YOU STUPID SOB!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Can't wait until his new tesla phone starts brewing up in his psychophants' pockets and torch their junk

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
oh, how I wish he would.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Phone sets your head on fire.

“He’s a genius!”

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
It's gonna be the Freedom Phone all over again

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Arven posted:

It's gonna be Crypto AG all over again

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Twitter fires person. Person is in EU and has a contract. Irish court files injunction regarding Twitter having fired the person and not meeting the contractual obligations. :lmao:

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2022/1125/1338351-twitter-injunction/

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

windshipper posted:

Twitter fires person. Person is in EU and has a contract. Irish court files injunction regarding Twitter having fired the person and not meeting the contractual obligations. :lmao:

That's not just a person, that's the global vice president of "Lobbying to not get twitter shut down for hate speech".

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

windshipper posted:

I like how it basically comes down to "CLICK YES TO WORK HARDCORE" is not actually a contract re-negotiation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Stultus Maximus posted:

I like how it basically comes down to "CLICK YES TO WORK HARDCORE" is not actually a contract re-negotiation.

Whenever hardcore is mentioned I think of this classic ECW clip. Would not want the gig of trying to talk sense into the crowd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxldOEOnzPA