Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sad question
May 30, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

my brother is a micro 2 at the Water Authority and his busiest days of the year are Thanksgiving and Christmas because everyone else takes off work to sit on the toilet and poo poo 24/7, and someone has to monitor the water quality with such a massive influx of turds

What can he even do if turd levels in water become critical?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

sad question posted:

What can he even do if turd levels in water become critical?

alert everyone the poo poo dam is about to break pretty much

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

my brother is a micro 2 at the Water Authority and his busiest days of the year are Thanksgiving and Christmas because everyone else takes off work to sit on the toilet and poo poo 24/7, and someone has to monitor the water quality with such a massive influx of turds

lol

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I doubt google would ever buy tw but you can bet your bottom zombie chew that they have a plan for filling the function space the minute it goes down.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lampsacus posted:

Yeah I doubt google would ever buy tw but you can bet your bottom zombie chew that they have a plan for filling the function space the minute it goes down.

What do we do when they get bored of throwing money at it in two years, though? :ohdear:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao he became a mod by looking at poo poo under a microscope, much like I did

except he looks at literal poop, doodoo

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
conan obrein had a joke

In the year 2000

the websites "twitter, facebook, and youtube" will all be merged into one massive time waster called "youtwitface"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Someone ask Elon if he could segment Twitter into different subtwitters where there is more and more "free speech" until we've recreated Something Awful at its worst. Just tell him you get to opt in and the advertisers will be placated by him having some moderation (they won't be but he is too dumb to realize this)

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

priznat posted:

I bet the firings from the code review were for using the wrong number of spaces, or tabs for indents. Elon seems like that kind of prick.

Ie entirely superficial and easily changed items

Which do you think Elon fired people over, tabs or spaces?

(That's all I really know about coding and I picked it up from Silicon Valley.)

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

limp_cheese posted:

Which do you think Elon fired people over, tabs or spaces?

(That's all I really know about coding and I picked it up from Silicon Valley.)

I recently rewatched that and everything that was so over the top and ludicrous just seems rather mundane now, which is funny in itself. Especially when you remember the stories from the creators where they described real interactions with Silicon Valley people that were so weird that they thought nobody would buy it if they used it in the show

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

MikeJF posted:

It's actually not as much as you'd think, or at least it wasn't a few years ago. It might be now that they've doubled or more the ads you see.

It’s always a shock when I have to watch a YouTube video on my phone or something instead of on a PC with uBlock Origin and I get to see what lovely ad-ridden hellscape it is by default

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Entropic posted:

It’s always a shock when I have to watch a YouTube video on my phone or something instead of on a PC with uBlock Origin and I get to see what lovely ad-ridden hellscape it is by default

I actually subscribe to youtube premium. I watch way more youtube than netflix or any other streaming service and creators at least get a little bit of money from my view.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Tai posted:

Buddy, if you are calling yourself an '''Alpha''', you can be sure as poo poo you aren't one.

Elon is a high level engineer tho. He means alpha in the software sense. incomplete, buggy, fighting the woke mind virus (no antivirus installed)

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

priznat posted:

“Judging by your badge photo I am assuming you are a 3 space user and therefore fired”

(Elon is a tabs guy, and therefore the worst)

Why I use perl over python.pl

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Is there any practical reason for spaces over tabs anyway? I thought most IDEs just autocompleted tabs to 4 spaces as standard?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

MikeJF posted:

I miss RSS feeds. They only died because of Twitter, and now we need them back.

Bring back Google Reader too.

RSS feeds live! Most blogs still use them, and most news site too. For apps my favorites are feedly + Reeder on iOS, but there’s a ton of worthy apps for your RSS reading pleasure! I love Reeder, open the app and you get a giant feed of the sites you subscribe, or you can go in and check headlines per-website subscription.

Twitter dying is great for RSS! There’s dozens of us!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Lol at Google reader tho. Don’t trust Google services

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Tiny Tiny RSS is great, there's a docker app on their site. If you don't want that, The Old Reader uses Tiny Tiny RSS, and charges money for it.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

keep punching joe posted:

Is there any practical reason for spaces over tabs anyway? I thought most IDEs just autocompleted tabs to 4 spaces as standard?

Why would you start this violence?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

keep punching joe posted:

Spaces look nicer when you're working on code on a remote machine using vi or nano. Most editors have the option of replacing tabs with spaces but there are places where tabs are mandatory so having that turned on all the time can be a pain (ie Makefiles or some python files).

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dril responds

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1596204961553174529?s=20&t=qZxTlm7UhdvRNwJtkfmzYA

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I have been using the feedbro extension for chromium for awhile now. Mostly webcomics

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Proster

delta sqad itt

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 25, 2022

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Spuckuk posted:

Why would you start this violence?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dr. Il

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

I miss RSS feeds. They only died because of Twitter, and now we need them back.

Bring back Google Reader too.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Feedly is pretty good

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

ilmucche posted:

I got eaten by a space monster

RIP :(

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
https://twitter.com/GoodOleDock/status/1595957093064118272

lol, great.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/buffjoker420/status/1596089212901670912?s=46&t=Ygew_tC-8ETTQaFGFHTdRQ

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Update to Twitter ToS: Directly mentioning Robben island will lead to 7 day suspension

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

New Leatherface sucks

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Dr Jen Gunter is the woman that wrote The Menopause Manifesto and The Vagina Bible, and actively calls out any medical bullshit that she comes across. She’s a pro-follow on Instagram.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Who is Andy Ngo? Did he get really get punched by Antifa? What’s his deal

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Wasn't Andy found to be lying about all of this, and is currently being successfully sued for lying in the UK?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

Wasn't Andy found to be lying about all of this, and is currently being successfully sued for lying in the UK?

funny you should mention that
https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1596143151357599744?s=20&t=niM190YOHZohvveDLqDc6g

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Hes a fascist piece of poo poo OP. i think he did get punched a bit, but nowhere near enough. He's always out there inciting violence towards anyone he considers 'left' (as in, directly provided kill lists to a terrorist group).

Ironically, he'd be up against the wall fairly quickly in a fascist dictatorship but here we are.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Behind the Bastards dedicated a whole episode to him here:
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/andy-ngo-the-next-generation-of-48939152/

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

MrQwerty posted:

the dance of the muffin monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I think he’s also the source of the “quick-curing concrete is in the milkshakes that are being thrown at patriots, be careful!!!!” bullshit that started a while back.

Quick curing concrete takes ~24hrs to set, but he doesn’t let himself be troubled by little things like “facts”.