Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Roblo posted:

Hes a fascist piece of poo poo OP. i think he did get punched a bit, but nowhere near enough. He's always out there inciting violence towards anyone he considers 'left' (as in, directly provided kill lists to a terrorist group).

Ironically, he'd be up against the wall fairly quickly in a fascist dictatorship but here we are.

He also just lost a recent lawsuit where he got caught on the stand lying about his encounters with Antifa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

digging up lowtax's corpse so he can ban a poster that successfully sued me in the court of law

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

keep punching joe posted:

Is there any practical reason for spaces over tabs anyway? I thought most IDEs just autocompleted tabs to 4 spaces as standard?

Tabs are apparently a lot better for accessibility/for blind developers using screen readers.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Who is Andy Ngo? Did he get really get punched by Antifa? What’s his deal

He's a minor asian token that got ultra brain damage when antifa hit him with a concrete milkshake nuke.

also might also be gay? also also some recent posts talked about how he said he got bullied in college (berkeley??) and goons instantly called bs because its a famously chill college and he was likely being a regressive shitlord.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Who is Andy Ngo? Did he get really get punched by Antifa? What’s his deal

A fascist parading as a journalist who would edit videos of other fascists attacking protestors to try to make the fascists look like the victims when people started fighting back. He was also caught on video helping plan an attack on protestors.

https://twitter.com/RosieSaysACAB/status/1163524232589955072

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Has anyone made a poll for Ole Musky, maybe even a parody account of him saying "Should I inject 100 live giant centipedes right into my gaping rectum?"

Vox Populi, Vox Dei Elon! :shepface:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I've been a computer programmer for over 60 years now and I can tell you right away that after a while you get a 6th sense for good and bad code. Good code has a certain something about it. A taste, a smell. The lines are that tiny little bit straighter and the colors more pronounced. The spaces are more even. It's hard to point your finger at it, but when you see it, you know. I bet Musk, as a programmer veteran himself, can see it too. I trust him with the firings.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yes, yes, there's a certain, how should I put it? how do the french say? A certain je ne sais code.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

GABA ghoul posted:

I've been a computer programmer for over 60 years now and I can tell you right away that after a while you get a 6th sense for good and bad code. Good code has a certain something about it. A taste, a smell. The lines are that tiny little bit straighter and the colors more pronounced. The spaces are more even. It's hard to point your finger at it, but when you see it, you know. I bet Musk, as a programmer veteran himself, can see it too. I trust him with the firings.

Sarcasm aside musk was never a great programmer and people who coded with him have said he was a pretty poor coder.

The fact that they fired based on commit sizes is a good indicator of that too

sad question
May 30, 2020

I have to say, I knew Musk was an idiot and an rear end in a top hat but it's still surprising how quickly he went mask off with straight up fash poo poo. It's not weird that he is, just that he would suddenly stopped pretending otherwise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tarkus posted:

Yes, yes, there's a certain, how should I put it? how do the french say? A certain je ne sais code.

"I coden't know"?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

TulliusCicero posted:

Has anyone made a poll for Ole Musky, maybe even a parody account of him saying "Should I inject 100 live giant centipedes right into my gaping rectum?"

Vox Populi, Vox Dei Elon! :shepface:

I think there is something to that. Accounts set up specifically to mock him, we know full well thatll get under his skin. Bots that count the number of times he uses the cry laughing emoji or something

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

hes not lying when he says hes a centrist but gotta remember his frame of reference is apartheid south africa

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

sad question posted:

What can he even do if turd levels in water become critical?

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Andy Ngo is also a big weirdo who has adopted a fake British accent.

https://imgur.com/IF9pN0p

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I like how musk has adopted I’m not right wing or left wing as a magic spell that turns whatever he says into politically neutral

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Roblo posted:

I think there is something to that. Accounts set up specifically to mock him, we know full well thatll get under his skin. Bots that count the number of times he uses the cry laughing emoji or something

There are two really funny things to me about this whole shitshow:

1. Elon Musk, "Mr. 4Chan CultureBro", can't take even the slightest trolling or ribbing and immediately resorts to the ban hammer if anyone mildly disagrees with him or jokes about him, to the point he is the most thinned skinned soft Adult Son on the planet. He literally replies to every person making fun of or disagreeing with "no u" or outright suspensions, every single hour of his day, while anyone agreeing with him or singing his praises gets "Yes I am very handsome. Correct". Even loving Donnie never bothered responding to no-name randos trying to troll him, and he couldn't even suspend or ban people. Less of a loving thick skin then Donald Trump.

2. The loving Antifa Progroms these morons want on Twitter just proves what we have always said about them: for all their talk of "free speech" an equal seat at the table, they just want an echo chamber to rant and rave and say the N Word, but they lose ALL of the people they want to rant and rave at anytime they remotely gain power, because they always go full fash. Regressives loving suck at making content themselves and their only source of generation is owning the libs, but they are just turning Twitter into even worse Facebook and driving all their content generation away. Look at how bored all the boomers and chuds are on Truth Social with no one to shout slurs at.

Just LMAO at how stupid chuds and Musk are

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

I like how musk has adopted I’m not right wing or left wing as a magic spell that turns whatever he says into politically neutral
You can really tell that despite all the poo poo he's eaten, he's really never had to pick himself up out of the pavement and glue his teeth back into his mouth like, even once.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"I am neither right nor left wing. Anyway, here's my plan for introducing nazism into schools..."

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

TulliusCicero posted:

There are two really funny things to me about this whole shitshow:

1. Elon Musk, "Mr. 4Chan CultureBro", can't take even the slightest trolling or ribbing and immediately resorts to the ban hammer if anyone mildly disagrees with him or jokes about him, to the point he is the most thinned skinned soft Adult Son on the planet.

I've seen this but I have also directly replied to him calling him names and insulting his lack of intelligence and he hasn't slapped me yet. I think that means I should keep doing it and so should all of you, imo.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

I've seen this but I have also directly replied to him calling him names and insulting his lack of intelligence and he hasn't slapped me yet. I think that means I should keep doing it and so should all of you, imo.

I'm trying, friend.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

CommieGIR posted:

He also just lost a recent lawsuit where he got caught on the stand lying about his encounters with Antifa

is there a good writeup on this cause all i can find is weird yahoo trash

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
"I Was a Starter Wife": Inside America's Messiest Divorce

In the middle of her headline-grabbing divorce settlement from Elon Musk, Justine Musk reveals the truth about her marriage to the multimillionaire cofounder of PayPal, Tesla Motors, and SpaceX.

https://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/a5380/millionaire-starter-wife/

In the late spring of 2008, my wealthy entrepreneurial husband, Elon Musk, the father of my five young sons, filed for divorce. Six weeks later, he texted me to say he was engaged to a gorgeous British actress in her early 20s who had moved to Los Angeles to be with him. Her name is Talulah Riley, and she played one of the sisters in 2005's Pride and Prejudice. Two of the things that struck me were: a) Pride and Prejudice is a really good movie, and b) My life with this man had devolved to a cliché.

At least she wasn't blonde. I found that refreshing.

Still, there were warning signs. As we danced at our wedding reception, Elon told me, "I am the alpha in this relationship." I shrugged it off, just as I would later shrug off signing the postnuptial agreement, but as time went on, I learned that he was serious. He had grown up in the male-dominated culture of South Africa, and the will to compete and dominate that made him so successful in business did not magically shut off when he came home. This, and the vast economic imbalance between us, meant that in the months following our wedding, a certain dynamic began to take hold. Elon's judgment overruled mine, and he was constantly remarking on the ways he found me lacking. "I am your wife," I told him repeatedly, "not your employee."

"If you were my employee," he said just as often, "I would fire you."

He was 10 weeks old, the age when male infants are most susceptible to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). By the time the paramedics resuscitated him, he had been deprived of oxygen for so long that he was brain-dead. He spent three days on life support in a hospital in Orange County before we made the decision to take him off it. I held him in my arms when he died.

Elon made it clear that he did not want to talk about Nevada's death. I didn't understand this, just as he didn't understand why I grieved openly, which he regarded as "emotionally manipulative." I buried my feelings instead, coping with Nevada's death by making my first visit to an IVF clinic less than two months later.

I barely recognized myself. I had turned into a trophy wife — and I sucked at it. I wasn't detail-oriented enough to maintain a perfect house or be a perfect hostess. I could no longer hide my boredom when the men talked and the women smiled and listened. I wasn't interested in Botox or makeup or reducing the appearance of the scars from my C-sections. And no matter how many highlights I got, Elon pushed me to be blonder. "Go platinum," he kept saying, and I kept refusing.

Elon agreed to enter counseling, but he was running two companies and carrying a planet of stress. One month and three sessions later, he gave me an ultimatum: Either we fix this marriage today or I will divorce you tomorrow, by which I understood he meant, Our status quo works for me, so it should work for you. He filed for divorce the next morning. I felt numb, but strangely relieved.

Eight years after I signed the postnup, I began to understand just what I'd done. I had effectively signed away all my rights as a married person, including any claim to community property except our house, which was to be vested in my name once we had a child.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm trying, friend.

Emerald Mine, South Africa lmao

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

too stupid to realize that banning the libs means there's no one left to own

You can always punch yourself in the dick and balls when there are no libs left to own.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

my brother is a micro 2 at the Water Authority and his busiest days of the year are Thanksgiving and Christmas because everyone else takes off work to sit on the toilet and poo poo 24/7, and someone has to monitor the water quality with such a massive influx of turds

Can we sticky this somewhere or something? This is the most interesting thing I have learned on something awful in like 10 years.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

idiotsavant posted:

https://twitter.com/Johnnthelefty/status/1593099178795995136?s=20&t=Ngp9pWLORFXBvVxl1jXX4w

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

There's your problem, buddy! See, that stuff costs money, and we don't put money in education, so it's a crapshoot.

Kale posted:

But I thought this wasn't a right wing takeover of twitter? Elon? He legit seems more interested in right wing bullshit right now than running a successful company with real growth potential.

There is a predominant type of centrist that is actually just right wing but saying they have no team/position makes them feel smart and superior.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

All these assholes whining about the scary, violent left needs to shut the loving gently caress up until they acknowledge every goddamn right wing mass murderer that pops up every goddamn week.

But they think those constant mass murders are ok because "conservative" and the left deserves it. But if you push back against their constant murders, they label you a criminal antifa terrorist. So loving SICK of these disingenuous pricks.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I think you’ll find the club shooter was mon binary and therefore a ANTIFA super soldier

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

evilmiera posted:

Someone ask Elon if he could segment Twitter into different subtwitters where there is more and more "free speech" until we've recreated Something Awful at its worst.

Wow, Elon is just the Worst Admin Ever.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

The Last Call posted:

"I Was a Starter Wife": Inside America's Messiest Divorce

In the middle of her headline-grabbing divorce settlement from Elon Musk, Justine Musk reveals the truth about her marriage to the multimillionaire cofounder of PayPal, Tesla Motors, and SpaceX.

Even when they're writing articles about how much he sucks, idiot twitter brained journalists can't help sucking off his completely false public narrative.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They know the game and who their bosses are.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Can we sticky this somewhere or something? This is the most interesting thing I have learned on something awful in like 10 years.

I don't understand it though, I mean surely people poo poo at work sometimes too? Unless it's just that it's concentrated more idk

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

woke kaczynski posted:

I don't understand it though, I mean surely people poo poo at work sometimes too? Unless it's just that it's concentrated more idk

It's like how England has to make sure to brace power generation each time there is commercials or whenever it's tea time.
But instead of power delivered, it's poo poo.

:911::murica::911:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

idiotsavant posted:

What the gently caress? I capitalize i when it's by itself. Two people can't have the same avatar that's impossible.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
why did they ban chad loder again

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

EVIL Gibson posted:

It's like how England has to make sure to brace power generation each time there is commercials or whenever it's tea time.
But instead of power delivered, it's poo poo.

:911::murica::911:

oh I was going to post that factoid.

also apparently Xmas is a stress test for telcoms for all the new devices connecting to the network.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

FirstnameLastname posted:

Talking about recent, major Twitter data breaches lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FirstnameLastname posted:

chadloder unbellyfeel muskfree