Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
SUpports in herald always give me tangos :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Razor Arcana is out now.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

Razor Arcana is out now.

How much is it? Dota 2 monetisation is proper dumb and will exhaust the game :saddowns:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boatswain posted:

How much is it? Dota 2 monetisation is proper dumb and will exhaust the game :saddowns:

Battlepass level 383

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

this game makes me want to shoot myself in the face

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
back in HoN I had my shop and courier all set up with hotkeys and in Dota I click around like a neanderthal, sometimes I even use the search feature on the top

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

C, F, D, F1

I know there's a single "Courier deliver items" button but by the time that got added Select Courier / Speed Boost / Deliver / Select Self was so ingrained in my head

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Battlepass level 383

Yeah but how many $ or € is that? I've stopped playing for a bit.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Is there a "just deliver items on courier, don't go back and pick up poo poo from the base" button? I always try to get cute and park my courier at secret shop to finish a big item, but half the time I also have a tp or ward sitting in the stash at base so the "deliver items" makes the courier take a huge detour when I really want to finish my mana boots or lotus or whatever for an upcoming fight

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

These are all default hotkeys from memory so please correct if I’m wrong:
F2 is select courier
F is deliver
R is pick up from stash and deliver. Note: if nothing is in stash, the courier will just go to fountain.
E is dump to stash
D is speed boost

I don’t remember the invulnerable hotkey. I always scramble to click it :shobon:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boatswain posted:

Yeah but how many $ or € is that? I've stopped playing for a bit.

It depends on how much you play :)

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

DNK posted:

These are all default hotkeys from memory so please correct if I’m wrong:
F2 is select courier
F is deliver
R is pick up from stash and deliver. Note: if nothing is in stash, the courier will just go to fountain.
E is dump to stash
D is speed boost

I don’t remember the invulnerable hotkey. I always scramble to click it :shobon:

Thanks, I had changed a bunch of hotkeys and didn't have deliver only bound to anything. I'd typically only use "go to secret shop" and "go to fountain" (which is I think the same as dump to stash?) and click on the courier icon in the bottom to actually handle deliveries

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Holy poo poo shard on Nightstalker is broken as gently caress.

1400g hand of midas with a 20 second CD.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
Does anyone know of an equivalent tool to https://dotaflame.com/ (searchable catalogue of streamers' pub twitch vods)? It seems to have stopped updating about 3 years ago.

Misty Fog
Aug 18, 2020

CyberPingu posted:

Holy poo poo shard on Nightstalker is broken as gently caress.

1400g hand of midas with a 20 second CD.

I wouldn't really call it a hand of midas because it doesn't give you extra gold or xp but it's the best in fights. You ult, initiate, get low, kite out and full heal.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Mr.Acula posted:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lol what the gently caress, apparently I have a Nightstalker bundle thats worth £270....

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Lol what the gently caress, apparently I have a Nightstalker bundle thats worth £270....

Is there actually a NS set worth that much? If you're going by a high Steam marketplace price, sometimes those are put up there as enticement to get people to trade actual high-value items for worthless items in a scam.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

the black nihility set actually sold for 316$ back in august, and there are a bunch of "buy now" offers at 100 dollars, so it's certainly worth something, even if you can buy all of the component pieces for about 70 cents.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Mars is a fun hero. Source:

https://i.imgur.com/eXhdzHt.mp4

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

1 shotting waves is always fun. Deso mars is great for that

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Same but with a PA dagger crit from across the screen

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ah dota...

Was on a 6 game win streak. Then got a game where a guy picks tinker offlane then goes "I dont know how to play Tinker, just didnt want the other team to have it" and we categorically lose all lanes...our carry Slark rushed shadow blade and our Zeus went 0-6 in the first 10 mins to Drow mid. Oh and our 5 Witch Doctor bought 1 ward all game.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

As much as those kinds of games suck, honestly that's partly why I love DOTA. It just naturally makes you say, "Okay that's enough DOTA for today" and you go do something else.

For some reason I reinstalled loving Runescape this month and it has absolutely devoured my life because it's so easy to say, "Let me just do this real quick then I'll stop" and then it's 6 hours later.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
50% of all lanes lose and the odds of having 3 losing lanes in a game is fairly high

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

RealityWarCriminal posted:

50% of all lanes lose and the odds of having 3 losing lanes in a game is fairly high

Yeah, its mostly that this hasnt happened in quite a while and it was a perfect storm of pub dota combining into one

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

CyberPingu posted:

Ah dota...

Was on a 6 game win streak. Then got a game where a guy picks tinker offlane then goes "I dont know how to play Tinker, just didnt want the other team to have it" and we categorically lose all lanes...our carry Slark rushed shadow blade and our Zeus went 0-6 in the first 10 mins to Drow mid. Oh and our 5 Witch Doctor bought 1 ward all game.

Tbh I would take this over playing against a proficient tinker

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sab669 posted:

As much as those kinds of games suck, honestly that's partly why I love DOTA. It just naturally makes you say, "Okay that's enough DOTA for today" and you go do something else.

For some reason I reinstalled loving Runescape this month and it has absolutely devoured my life because it's so easy to say, "Let me just do this real quick then I'll stop" and then it's 6 hours later.

or, “well that was some bullshit waste of time I gotta get in a real game”

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Mr.Acula posted:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I think Wraith Pact is a cool item so I don't want it totally removed but it's already getting old how the offlane picks are determined by how good your hero is at building and using Wraith Pact

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Geight posted:

I think Wraith Pact is a cool item so I don't want it totally removed but it's already getting old how the offlane picks are determined by how good your hero is at building and using Wraith Pact

Come play in herald, no one builds wraith pact.

I really should just put my big boy pants on and play offlane brood.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

TheFlyingLlama posted:

the black nihility set actually sold for 316$ back in august, and there are a bunch of "buy now" offers at 100 dollars, so it's certainly worth something, even if you can buy all of the component pieces for about 70 cents.

The Black Nihility set is pretty much worthless.

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Inscribed%20Black%20Nihility

This is the version 99.99% of people have.

The one at 300 bucks is the non-inscribed version, which is effectively a speculative collectors item. But that's the price that shows up ingame because :gaben:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Oodles posted:

Come play in herald, no one builds wraith pact.

I really should just put my big boy pants on and play offlane brood.

The cool part about herald will be that your team will build it, they’ll just build it at the wrong time and never have it

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I last played in 2016. Whats changed?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

causticBeet posted:

The cool part about herald will be that your team will build it, they’ll just build it at the wrong time and never have it

It's on the Beast Master solo pushing offlane the entire match :v:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

everything, and nothing, it is a void, child, and only by embracing the darkness will u begin to see the change within the darkness

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea just play and figure it out as you get your mechanical bearings

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Drone_Fragger posted:

So much poo poo. No secret shop, jungle drops items, lanes different, couriers, new items

It was hard coming back and relearning things

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Talents were right after 2016 iirc

if you were even slightly good before, you will likely be dogshit now, and it will take a while for your mmr to adjust. I can tell you though, that if you push through it and work on improving, it will not get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

sugar free jazz posted:

everything, and nothing, it is a void, child, and only by embracing the darkness...

Have I finally found a reason to regret my love for the Oxford comma? You monster. I did not want to see this.