Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Khanstant posted:

What card just has the most horns?

I dunno, but Lord of Tresserhorn has like 6 horns, and that doesn't even include Tresserhorn itself, which I assume is named after some huge horn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Khanstant posted:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Those are antlers, not horns.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

berenzen posted:

Those are antlers, not horns.

Semantics. They're effectively the same thing.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Zoologists all over the world just cringed and they don't know why.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Semantics. They're effectively the same thing.

I'm with you, so far this is the most horns I've seen on one card.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

MonsieurChoc posted:

Looking for a commander for a deck based around blinking prototypes.

brago

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Ooh, the Brute Chronologist could be fun with Unearth!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Looking for a commander for a deck based around blinking prototypes.

The correct answer is Aminatou.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Khanstant posted:

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

I was gonna say Armor of Thorns as a joke, but I completely forgot they made a Evoke version.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

The Academic 133+ XL is about to charge for your remaining balance on your order. They will charge $3.24 on your card **** in the next few days.

This is your last chance to check your information is correct. You can do that here.

Please check the (project updates page on Kickstarter) for the latest information, including estimated shipping dates.

Thanks again for your support,

The Professor's Team

-----

Hell yeah!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Ooh, the Brute Chronologist could be fun with Unearth!

Unearth, myriad and encore are all good with Obeka

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Batterypowered7 posted:

The Academic 133+ XL is about to charge for your remaining balance on your order. They will charge $3.24 on your card **** in the next few days.

This is your last chance to check your information is correct. You can do that here.

Please check the (project updates page on Kickstarter) for the latest information, including estimated shipping dates.

Thanks again for your support,

The Professor's Team

-----

Hell yeah!

I just got this email too. My K&T deck is finally going to have a suitable home. :allears:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wasn't around for the kickstarter but seems like a really good case design. Hoping some retailers out there stocked up enough I might be able to snag one after the fact.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

There's even a double-sided model with which to hold 266 cards!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
A stupid newbie question... You double sleeve your decks for extra protection when shuffling? If I were to do that do I need to buy some special larger outer sleeves? I just have normal dragon shields on my cards now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dragon Sleeves will fit KMCs, which are the ones everyone recommends. They also obviously fit their own inners.

Other brands like Ultimate Guard Katanas are smaller and may not fit every inner. They don't fit KMC Hard ones.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

ChiTownEddie posted:

A stupid newbie question... You double sleeve your decks for extra protection when shuffling? If I were to do that do I need to buy some special larger outer sleeves? I just have normal dragon shields on my cards now.

Yeah, the idea is that a single sleeved card can still have beer and crumbs get on the card through the top opening, but with an inner sleeve that opens down (especially one that seals) that's much harder. You don't need specially sized outers, as the inner sleeves are "perfect fit" with basically 0 wiggle room that can fit no problem.

Downside is inner sleeving can be fiddly, and a double sleeved commander deck is monstrously thick.

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Syenite posted:

... a double sleeved commander deck is monstrously thick.

New plan. Find a combination of sleeves that allow for triple-sleeving. Get custom outer sleeves made with the original Battle Of Wits art.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Syenite posted:

Downside is inner sleeving can be fiddly, and a double sleeved commander deck is monstrously thick.

I played a game last weekend and I was the only one at the table with a double-sleeved deck and the difference looked comical, like I was playing a totally different game

I almost exclusively play Magic when beer and pizza are involved though, so, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Double sleeving protects your cards better (I use the resealable inner ones so once a card's in there, there's no need to ever take it out), and imo it helps keep foils flat.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Framboise posted:

Double sleeving protects your cards better (I use the resealable inner ones so once a card's in there, there's no need to ever take it out), and imo it helps keep foils flat.

I believe the foil curling thing has something to do with moisture, so it makes sense that it would help.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
There's that, and the inners are a pretty snug fit so there's not a lot of room for the card to curl even if it wanted to.

I've got a few cards that still stand out a little if you look hard enough, but for every reasonable intent and purpose, it's good.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Y'all are still thinking about triple sleeving when Daniel Wong has been quadruple sleeving for years now.

E:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/153890520

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not going far enough.

Throw the stack in a toploader, then slab it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

i feel like i'm watching a couple of tweakers. Ari got the jitters and seems to really want to bend his cards and is constantly doing weird crap with them, sometimes just sits there trying to bend the corners of his cards. other dude acting like his cards are precious heirlooms except when they're in hand and then he manically stacks his cards then flits through them like he's gonna magically shuffle new information into his hand. I can't even watch the board, too distracted

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

* snap snap snap snap snap *

"Play an Island for turn?"

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Hey goons, every year I build a Commander deck-a-day all month long, raising donations for charity. We're closing in on the end of the month, so if you haven't checked out the playlist on youtube or my moxfield profile for all these weird new brews you can find links to them here:

Youtube playlist:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1_c4oVUUob86xoL5w4uw0u24YjfCh9B6

Moxfield Profile (deck lists):
https://www.moxfield.com/users/CommanderMechanic

And if you're cool enough to donate that'd be poggers too.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Framboise posted:

Double sleeving protects your cards better

Seconding this. When I sold out my collection, all the cards I had that saw reasonable amounts of play in regular old single sleeved Ultra Pros back in the day were markedly worse than all the EDH staples I bought and played with for nearly as long. I attribute that to that being around the time I learned about double sleeving. On the single sleeved ones, you could see the slight wear on the top where dust and poo poo got in. But my Wheel and my Disk (which I didn't own before EDH) were as perfect as the day I bought them.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Double sleeved cards just feel better too

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Heath posted:

Double sleeved cards just feel better too

I feel a little dirty after reading this.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I like my cards to have some heft :colbert:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Heath posted:

I like my cards to have some heft :colbert:

I know, I know, [the] girth [of your deck] is very important.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Balon posted:

Hey goons, every year I build a Commander deck-a-day all month long, raising donations for charity. We're closing in on the end of the month, so if you haven't checked out the playlist on youtube or my moxfield profile for all these weird new brews you can find links to them here:

Youtube playlist:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1_c4oVUUob86xoL5w4uw0u24YjfCh9B6

Moxfield Profile (deck lists):
https://www.moxfield.com/users/CommanderMechanic

And if you're cool enough to donate that'd be poggers too.

Hey this is cool Balon I'll check it out when I get home and see about making a donation.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Batterypowered7 posted:

I know, I know, [the] girth [of your deck] is very important.

My deck's about 7 inches.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
If your deck isn't so big it's awkward to shuffle even with both hands, it's not sleeved enough.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Whatever, I've heard that people actually prefer the small ones. The big ones hurt to shuffle.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

It's not about the size of your deck. It's about how your deck is used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I should start cataloging my tokens. sleeving a commander deck just now, realized I didn't pickup any tokens for it. Looked up the appropriate ones for this deck and the next im making and jeez, I was expecting like 5-10 cents each. One was like 18, others 8, 6, 3. I dug through my token box and found a few, but the rest I'm just gonna make my own because feels silly to spend over a dollar for a dang token!