Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

or just randomly mod people. in the "give a star" sense, not... yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

or just randomly mod people. in the "give a star" sense, not... yeah

I propose a “take a star, leave a star” tray for future mod decisions.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

play more disco elysium

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

ulvir posted:

play more disco elysium

It's $10 on gog right now.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

pathologic 2 is 70 percent off and is the best game of the last 100 years

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dongicus posted:

pathologic 2 is 70 percent off and is the best game of the last 100 years

Yup

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I got pathologic 2 at last year's christmas sale and maybe I should finally play it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

qnqnx posted:

Smythe has terminal Abe brain and should be put down
he should go back to doing what he does best (vanishing for over a year without notice or warning)

pog boyfriend posted:

turning the funny goon story video game thread into kangaroo court to relitigate something from several years ago that you have absolutely no stake in is what im being told is "A sigma move"
did someone say "video games" and "kangaroo court"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EolJKu2n10

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Do I need to play pathologic 1 first or can I start with 2

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

start with 2

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

you should play 1 after 2 because 1 is much harder to get in to. its totally up to you though, they're good games

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

2 is effectively a remake of one of the playable character's paths in 1. I think they wanted to add the others eventually, but they've only released a partial addition of one of the characters so far. It's still easier to get into than 1, but if you end up getting to the end of 2 and digging the atmosphere, the tension of balancing your time and stats, the world and such, then you'll get a lot out of going back to 1.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i dont 'get' fyad, i think i am too autistic to comprehend whatever flavor of irony they use there
and the sigs all suck

anyway how do i sign up for the war effort

pog told me a couple years ago that the secret to fyad is to browse with sigs off

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the secret to fyad is to give me your money

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Literally A Person posted:

Sid/Valko beef leads to derpies getting perma'd in a :airquote: butterfly effect :airquote: kind of way. Sadly most of this is all off-site in some discord.

gbs has the stupidest loving beefs

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

I'm always recruiting FYAD Crusaders.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Do you take steam gift cards??

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKDvjVzpNQ

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Wow I'm glad I read the thread then pushed that Valko probe out before going to bed because I didn't expect to wake up to this morning entertainment

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Apologies if it’s already been brought up but does anyone know where I can find the old (maybe a decade or so?) “should I ask my coworker out” thread

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
remembering the baba booey meltdown on this day. not quoting the whole thing because this guy spent like 3 years writing the longest post ever over baba booey

lornekates posted:

The (long) short of it is:

1) A user was posting a Howard Stern related running gag in the Howard Stern thread. To refrain from drawing too much attention to this user, I'll just call him "The Petty loving Whiny poo poo-Fucker Known as Immortal Anime", or "Immortal Anime" for short.

lornekates posted:

18) Poopy-pants Immortal Anime, now that he's hidden under the skirt of his Mommy, sticks his tongue out at me, because he is a very mature adult. He starts emailing me PMs that range from insults to threats to nigh-doxxing. (Well, he thought he was being a Big Boy by insinuating he doxxed me, but since all he actually unearthed was one of the top hits when you google my name, it wasn't very impressive. For the record, it was the Master Chef Canada audition tape I put together for a laugh: https://vimeo.com/70910715).

lornekates posted:

23) I start to get harassing PMs from Immortal Anime's friends. They are "harassing" in the same way-- innocuous phrase, intention is clear. I honestly don't care because it's a PM, but it's amusing in a way that watching a child trying to walk in Daddy's shoes is. They're just trying SO HARD to be Big Boy. But I don't really want a PM box full of people sending me these, so I respond with what is effectively a form letter, with the same intention as the one I sent to IA. "Thanks for emailing, I appreciate you taking the time. However, this PM is for mod business, etc, etc". If anyone has ever worked customer service, you know exactly how you handle an irate customer. They either want help, which you're here for them, or they want to yell, in which case you need to end the conversation. With a smile. I get a couple "you're weird" replies, but the PMs go away.
23.5) For the record, those PM users are, since you can easily cross-reference with people who are crying and lying in the QQcs thread: "pog boyfriend", "stay safe", "grumple wumpkins", and the lovely "gently caress My rear end".

lornekates posted:

tldr: So there you go. A pissy-baby shitfucker known as Immortal Anime gets special privileges from a moderator. He then manages to still mess that up, and gets punished for it. He whines to his friends who help him evade punishment. He throws abuse, and gets punished for it. His friends whine, lie and misrepresent what happened. The whining makes it's way to an admin who is friends with the whiny babies. The admin acts on his own to demod me.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

barnold posted:

remembering the baba booey meltdown on this day. not quoting the whole thing because this guy spent like 3 years writing the longest post ever over baba booey

for proper context, lornekates was a mod at the time (so I have been told)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the lovely gently caress my rear end

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Is my heater trying to kill me? (or do I just need to lay off the weed)

Ignoranus posted:

Our apartment is heated with a natural gas Rinnai heater - an older "Energy Saver 1001F" - and there's a part of me that's convinced something is drastically wrong with it. The problem is that every time I've outright flipped out over it was a time when I was smoking pot and, presumably, susceptible to anxiety. The first time, it happened when I was alone; I had come home early from work, fired up the pipe, then fired up the heater. I felt that I had turned up the heater higher than normal. I stood in front of the heater and felt like it was more... just kind of leaking heat, instead of blowing it forcefully like I expect it to, and it was wafting up into my face. At this point, either Bad Stuff Was Happening OR I was having an anxiety attack. My heart started pounding, I felt a sort of lightheaded rush feeling... I immediately shut off the heater and opened the windows. I waited for a while and started to feel better. I leaned out the window to look at the vent we're against an outside wall on the ground floor, so it's just right there behind the heater) and it appeared unobstructed. Later, after I had calmed down, I turned the heater back on and the problem didn't reoccur - but I didn't turn it back up as high as before.

A few weeks later, last Thursday night (2/8) I was up late with my fiance. Again, supporting the anxiety argument: I had a job interview scheduled for the next morning and had gotten up because I couldn't fall asleep. I smoked up. We had the heater on and were watching TV when it made a loudish metal-changing-shape kind of ponging noise. It made both of us jump at first, but we were fine - then I started to feel the same sort of heavy-chest heart-pounding lightheadedness that I had a few weeks before. I jumped off the couch and turned off the heater. I stood there for a few minutes while I was talking to my fiance about it and I could feel the heat wafting up into my face and I felt even a little more swimmy in my head... when I moved away from the heater, I felt better. From that point onward, I have not been able to be comfortable with the heater. I slept maybe 3 hours that night because I had (obviously) much more trouble falling asleep. My fiance is convinced there is no problem; she hasn't felt the same symptoms that I've experienced, despite sitting right next to me on the couch when it happened.

However, since then I've always felt a sort of flatness in my chest whenever I'm around the heater. I stayed sober for a few nights, though I was still residually anxious about the heater and also about waiting for an answer on the job. I smoked one night and still felt the panic feeling every time the heater fired up, but kept myself under control. I feel like I've noticed the specific pattern: the heater rolls up and I start feeling heaviness and my heart pounds. I get cold sweats. The heater stops and I breathe a little easier, slowly, over time; then, when I feel relaxed again, the heater fires back up and the cycle restarts. Some of these feelings also occur when I'm sober - I've had the heart pounding, but not the head rush - but in my mind, it seems reasonable to assume that those times weren't the middle of the night, so it was warmer and I didn't crank the heater high enough for whatever problem it was to occur.

After the first night - when it happened with both of us home - I changed the batteries in the smoke detectors (one on the wall opposite/above the heater, one on the ceiling at the top of the stairs) and the carbon monoxide detector (not mounted, just sitting on the banister at the top of the stairs). The smoke detectors are also carbon monoxide detectors. Yesterday, I found out that I got the job and I have felt so relieved - so I figured I'll smoke up again, thinking it was just the job that was bothering me. We did - took a hit, chilled for a bit more than an hour, took another one. I was feeling cold, so I got up and turned up the heat; then when I sat down, it started again. I felt the same thing every time the heater spins up.

This is loving killing me. My fiance thinks I'm just being crazy because she doesn't feel it at all. Is it possible for our old heater to be venting some kind of asphyxiant into our apartment that bothers me before it bothers her and also doesn't set off the smoke detectors? There's no strange smells. We've been in the apartment for 2.5 years and not had any problems with it, though the heater's never been serviced since we moved in. When the guy from the gas company turned our gas back on last fall, he remarked on the heater being old and mentioned it might stop working altogether at some point.

There are currently two working theories. Theory one is that I got high and was anxious about other stuff, then the heater was turned up too high and the apartment warmed up quickly, combining with the noise of the heater to trigger an unexpected panic reaction. Theory two is that there's something wrong with the heater; it's old, it's been in use for a while, and it saw more use this winter than before with how cold it's been. The problem isn't bothering my fiance but is bothering me because... metabolic rates or something. I feel symptoms when not high because they DO exist but I don't have a panic attack about it, I just wait it out because I want to believe I'm just crazy. The problems present in the late evenings when I was high - not BECAUSE I was high, but because those are the times when I'm vegetating on the couch and just crank the heat up a little more aggressively than normal.

I haven't contacted the landlord about it because I'm concerned it might just be me.

TL;DR: am I loving nuts? Would it be reasonable for me to have someone come look at the heater? I'm so miserable about this and it's driving my fiance insane.

EDIT: I called the Rinnai customer service line, described the situation. The person I talked to there thought it very unlikely that the problems I'm experiencing are because of the heater, but suggested that we should have someone come and service it anyway, especially since it's an older heater.

Liquid Communism posted:

You done gone and smoked yourself stupid. What you're describing sounds a lot like the start of a panic attack, and you should probably talk to a doctor about that instead of smoking up.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 26, 2022

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I remember that being much further back than 2018

Ban + 30 for baba booeys in 2018... goons...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Was baba booey really only in 2018? Jesus loving christ it feels like a decade ago

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

one of my favorite lines in any meltdown ever

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Heater weed goon is that perfect blend of relatable and the absolute dumbest poo poo ive ever read

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite: Derail Valley › PYF Goon Sagas: the lovely "gently caress My rear end"

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

I acutally feel bad about that and I;'m sorrey.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

2020, everyone you've ever loved is Permabanned. Forum closed. Vice calling you Nazis.

Me, walking into the Mod Forum to call Jeffrey a Retard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74&t=25s

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

2020, everyone you've ever loved is Permabanned. Forum closed. Vice calling you Nazis.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

tHIS MADE ME SAD wtf

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Waifu Radia posted:

tHIS MADE ME SAD wtf

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Waifu Radia posted:

tHIS MADE ME SAD wtf

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

baba booey

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
[Richard Nixon voice] Baba booey