Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i dunno bout you all but i need exactly one billion dollars as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
You see now I'm wondering if there is a two billion dollar mega yacht up for sale at the moment.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Same. If we get it, go halves on a luxury mega yacht?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm not greedy, so I'll settle for a mere half a billion.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

:same:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Well have I got good news for you!
I have a jpeg here, of a blue ocelot, tap dancing on a beach ball, while wearing an astronaut helmet, and smoking a spliff.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

happyhippy posted:

Well have I got good news for you!
I have a jpeg here, of a blue ocelot, tap dancing on a beach ball, while wearing an astronaut helmet, and smoking a spliff.

worthless, i only deal in 90s style rasta garfstoned rarities

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
In ordinary language the prefix crypto carries the implication of being something other than what you present yourself as being. Makes you think.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The only time crypto got brought up at Thanksgiving was a quick laugh at the crazy CEO and wondering why he wasn't arrested yet

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

I wonder if they'll try to "ugly up" attractive actors to play Sam Bankman-Fried and Caroline Ellison or they'll just find literal goblins who can act to play them.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol they should just shelve it / not make it.

buttcoin stuff moves and dies/explodes so fast that any non youtube media is going to be out as date as gently caress. its like milkshake duck but worse and at ftl speeds

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Scratch Monkey posted:

I wonder if they'll try to "ugly up" attractive actors to play Sam Bankman-Fried and Caroline Ellison or they'll just find literal goblins who can act to play them.

looking forward to a meet the feebles-style orgy scene

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
I'd watch a retrospective on the super early Pirate ponzi craze and how that spawned a bunch of other Ponzi's for people to diversify into but they were all just passing their funds into Pirate's which the anti ponzi collapse insurance was also doing.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Scratch Monkey posted:

it'll be the fat kid and the actress from game of thrones.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

If the gollum actor can green screen it, he can cover both Sam and Caroline

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

DrPossum posted:

Ponzi me!
You must think it very odd of me
But I enjoy it when you Ponzi me.
When you take my coins away from me
Then I think that you may well agree,
That the Ponzi is for you and me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1596205437573304320?s=20&t=XGyBnaXRv0AMaLYg0H-4FQ

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

doobie's fraudhouse

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Gold bars piled high

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Haha yes, the copyright stuff they made incredibly complicated was one of the most hosed up things. The concept was a bit like: "you have copyright"....so long as you hold the NFT. Which causes a bunch of issues because copyright isn't meant to work that way. Such as how Seth Rogan tried to make a TV show off an NFT that he later lost and had to recover, because without it...his entire TV show would have been blatant copyright infringement.
As a proposition instead (or to make things dumber), they come up with the idea of "NFT's that can't be transferred from the wallet they're in". Which means a: you can't transfer it without transferring the entire wallet (and the password to said wallet can never be changed, so that's great for security ) and b: there's a lot of lingering questions in a scenario like that of who truly owns or controls what.

If my password was abc123456 and I had a wallet somewhere, do I own it? Do you own it? Do we all own it? These are insanely stupid questions that nobody should ever have to even ponder, and yet here we are.

Bitcoin: adding idiocy to things that don't need more.

You don't seem to understand NFTs either, to be fair: An NFT by itself doesn't mean anything, to transfer copyright (in the jurisdictions where this is even possible) you need an associated contract that is entirely independent of the NFT. Which is why the whole concept is nonsensical. Just because you have access to a database entry with a link doesn't mean you own the copyright to something.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

RocketMermaid posted:

davecrazy posted:

So Aparently GameStop opened some Wallet website to store crypto and NFTs and the super stonk morons think this is the 2nd coming and prelude to the moon event.

I see that and raise you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNg7pwqIVf4

Elea posted:

I'd watch a retrospective on the super early Pirate ponzi craze and how that spawned a bunch of other Ponzi's for people to diversify into but they were all just passing their funds into Pirate's which the anti ponzi collapse insurance was also doing.

Ponz my neg hodl

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 25, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Consummate Professional posted:

Gold bars piled high
Bitcoins piled… well they are piled.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My name is Seraph
I live above bodega stores
I have fun socks
Yes I think you've seen me before

If you hear crying late at night
Some kind of weeping, some kind of plight
Just don't ask me what it was

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Still not as cool as the 100 million dollar philly cheese shop in south jersey.

Edit:
https://defector.com/feds-publicly-traded-deli-worth-100-million-a-massive-fraud-after-all/

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 25, 2022

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Scratch Monkey posted:

They both look like literal Muppets made in Jim Hensons creature shop.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I was thinking something made by Weta workshop for The Hobbit trilogy.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DrPossum posted:

looking forward to a meet the feeblesSociety-style orgy scene

Ftfy.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

tango alpha delta posted:

They both look like literal Muppets made in Jim Hensons creature shop.

Would 100% watch film version of quite a few fraud cases where they just have a few/all of the characters as muppets. Feel like having muppets explain some of the details would make some of the dryer exposition stuff more entertaining, like what the big short did.

Hell just make it a streaming series. "A history bitcoin: A muppets tale."
Not like there isn't more than enough quality material for that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at the muskrat thinking Musk is literally hammering the steel of the rocket himself.

loving christ at the sheer level of ignorance one how the modern world is built on a bunch of fragile networks of physical resources and knowledge/skills

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

DrPossum posted:

This is the first time I've seen anyone else that knows this movie :prepop:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
More last minute politics poo poo showing SBF knew his issues:

https://archive.ph/DgHKC

Bloomberg posted:

FTX US, a part of Sam Bankman-Fried’s crypto empire that catered to American customers, contributed to a super-PAC fighting for control of the Senate in the midterm election just days before the company’s collapse.
The Senate Leadership Fund, which is aligned with Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and was the top spender in the 2022 midterms, received the $1 million donation on Oct. 27, according to its most recent filing with the Federal Election Commission. Only a couple of weeks later, more than a 100 FTX-related companies, including the US arm, filed for bankruptcy, and Bankman-Fried resigned as head of the corporate group.
The contributor listed on the FEC donation report is West Realm Shires Services Inc. and FTX US is its commercial name.

I'm waiting for people to find blatant Russian connections

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
My friend sent me this

Its midnights edge I dont really like their streams because it just farming outrage and super chats...but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9A9BpeUrpQ&t=4941s

Dude claims the reason for the CEO change out is disney put money into ftx. I was about to turn it off but the guy goes on to say that the biggest investors in ftx can stay anonymous if they want to, which sounds weird.

anyone else hear poo poo like this?

Personally I dont see why disney would invest in a crypto exchange.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ups_rail posted:

Disney does seem to have more money than they can reasonably spend.
Possibly some idiot high decided to store some in Crypto instead of a bank due to better "interest" or what not.

If it did happen and it's a large loss, they'd have to inform their shareholders at somepoint right, or can they just hide this if they want?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Ups_rail posted:

My friend sent me this

Its midnights edge I dont really like their streams because it just farming outrage and super chats...but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9A9BpeUrpQ&t=4941s

Dude claims the reason for the CEO change out is disney put money into ftx. I was about to turn it off but the guy goes on to say that the biggest investors in ftx can stay anonymous if they want to, which sounds weird.

anyone else hear poo poo like this?

"What I believe happened... and this is my theory... this is speculation... is..." :goonsay:

Yeah sure, sounds legit.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I’m going fo assume this is conspiracy BS until it gets confirmed elsewhere. That guy was a disaster and lost a ton of money, especially with Disney+. Replacing him isn’t a shocker.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cyrano4747 posted:

...and lost a ton of money, especially with Disney+. Replacing him isn’t a shocker.
Honestly it seems like it would of been really hard to lose money with Disney+ considering how many studios creating content Disney owns, how large their back catalog is, and how many families with young kids seem to of gotten it pretty much automatically basically just of the Disney name. Impressive really.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

dr_rat posted:

Honestly it seems like it would of been really hard to lose money with Disney+ considering how many studios creating content Disney owns, how large their back catalog is, and how many families with young kids seem to of gotten it pretty much automatically basically just of the Disney name. Impressive really.

Probably because the concept is bad at a fundamental level. I don't think any of the million studio-owned streaming services are doing great right now.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol that all the major mega corps all trying to Go Bender and screw netflix and hulu crashing and burning??

I mean they may have technically lost money, but imo they can keep burning it because lcd watchers just want an easy way to watch things. sounds like theyre going to let greed cause an unforced error.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Probably because the concept is bad at a fundamental level. I don't think any of the million studio-owned streaming services are doing great right now.

Is it though? Like only if you're stealing revenue for your streaming off other revenue like box office and what not. Like as I said for Disney it makes the most sense as they do have such an insanely large back catalog at the moment. Like of all the major streaming services, Disney+ seems one of the most likely to survive. I mean they own Hulu -what ever that still consists of- so I mean it would be hard to think they won't have a streaming service of some sort going on.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

dr_rat posted:

Is it though? Like only if you're stealing revenue for your streaming off other revenue like box office and what not. Like as I said for Disney it makes the most sense as they do have such an insanely large back catalog at the moment. Like of all the major streaming services, Disney+ seems one of the most likely to survive. I mean they own Hulu -what ever that still consists of- so I mean it would be hard to think they won't have a streaming service of some sort going on.

I guess the issue is that Disney spent LOTS of money on Marvel TV shows, but not enough people subscribed to cover the costs of the productions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ymgve posted:

I guess the issue is that Disney spent LOTS of money on Marvel TV shows, but not enough people subscribed to cover the costs of the productions.

I'm assuming the star wars ones as well. They may make a bit back in merchandise and what not, but yeah that just becomes how much do you need to spend on new content to keep within budget (or do you want to lose a bit while you're still growing the network. Which Disney has deep pockets, so they can afford to do it for a bit if they think it will pay off).

But yeah even if they stopped spending so much on the Marvel and Star Wars TV stuff, just do them pretty much just film only, keep putting some money into what ever cheap kids stuff they're churning out, and have their huge back catalog available. Still well worth it for a lot of people with kids. Easy money.