Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

my dad posted:

I'm back home and I'll be resting and stuff for a while before I'm back to posting, but just wanted to add that apparently ~2 days ago my government signed a "border security treaty" with Austria and Hungary, which is exactly what you think it'd be.

reforming the dual monarchy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

are you perchance ottoman?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

my dad posted:

I'm back home and I'll be resting and stuff for a while before I'm back to posting, but just wanted to add that apparently ~2 days ago my government signed a "border security treaty" with Austria and Hungary, which is exactly what you think it'd be.

austria-hungary you say.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Carthag Tuek posted:

fuckin finally dropped below 5 degrees in denmark

My heat's busted. :(

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

SplitSoul posted:

My heat's busted. :(

nice!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

my dad posted:

aren't you serbian, what border agreement can there be with austria since you don't share a border

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doktor Avalanche posted:

aren't you serbian, what border agreement can there be with austria since you don't share a border

it's the other "s" former-yugoslav coutnry

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i will join the black fist if it means killing royals

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Doktor Avalanche posted:

Come on, dude, think a bit. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/serbia-hungary-austria-agree-bolster-fight-against-illegal-migrations-2022-11-16/

e:
tl;dr: We're starting to have joint police patrols on Macedonia's border, and are ending our visa free travel arrangements with a bunch of countries, up to and including India. Cuba is mentioned by name a lot. In "exchange", we allow Austria and Hungary to do what they needed a world war to try to achieve last time, having a sizeable police force in Serbia's teritorry enforcing the international politics of their super-national entity and they pay us a tiny bit of pocket money and we hasten the exile of a bunch of refugees stuck here.

Why am I supposed to give a crap about China's half-dozen tourist herders here again? Horrors of having a foreign police force acting here? Huh...

e2:
for the 'serbia strong' minded: the countries that we are ending our visa free travel with happen to mostly be countries that never recognized Kosovo's independence

my dad has issued a correction as of 10:30 on Nov 19, 2022

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

no that's me, and i saw this today
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1593624598922289155/pu/vid/1280x720/ulNdEzGSXNidHBVW.mp4?tag=12
absolutely none of what he's talking about ever happened lmfao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Truga posted:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1593624598922289155/pu/vid/1280x720/ulNdEzGSXNidHBVW.mp4?tag=12

good job reading from a teleprompter obamailure!!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also yeah "illegal migrations" is such a bullshit term. i dont have anything clever to say aside from that.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Truga posted:

There was a 2010 survey by a woman about domestic violence, so I'm guessing that's what he's talking about.
https://evaw-global-database.unwomen.org/fr/countries/europe/slovenia/2010/national-research-on-domestic-violence-against-women

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
idk what a survey has to do with a referendum about DV laws tho. our DV laws are fine (enforcement is obviously a completely different issue), there have been no refs about it lol. the lady he's talking about is probably the PM that was in office in 13-14 during his 2nd term

the narrative over here is that her govt got obama/dems to give us monies and then they just fed him some bullshit story about how it was spent lmfao

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CasMudde/status/1594402157402406916

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Not only is Danish rail infrastructure dependent on an app, the public login solution that's used for literally everything—medical records, banking, insurance, legal correspondence, prescriptions, online credit card purchases, everything—had a major breakdown recently that affected 30% of the userbase for several days. Turns out the company that runs it, which was coincidentally sold to an American private equity firm some years ago, is a total clown show. They hadn't tested recovery procedures for years and hadn't implemented critical redundancies, and that's just from the parts of the report that weren't confidential.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

SplitSoul posted:

American private equity firm

"IM NOT A COLONY IM NOT A COLONY" as i shrivel into a husk

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

i say swears online posted:

But they all start with an S :confused:

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

SplitSoul posted:

Not only is Danish rail infrastructure dependent on an app, the public login solution that's used for literally everything—medical records, banking, insurance, legal correspondence, prescriptions, online credit card purchases, everything—had a major breakdown recently that affected 30% of the userbase for several days. Turns out the company that runs it, which was coincidentally sold to an American private equity firm some years ago, is a total clown show. They hadn't tested recovery procedures for years and hadn't implemented critical redundancies, and that's just from the parts of the report that weren't confidential.

Oh lol that's amazing. Do you have anywhere I can read more about this? Danish sources are fine.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bot 02 posted:

Oh lol that's amazing. Do you have anywhere I can read more about this? Danish sources are fine.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/et-monument-over-inkompetence-rapport-afsloerer-alvorlige-sikkerhedsfejl-foer
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/stribevis-af-fejl-op-til-nemid-nedbrud-der-lammede-advokater-og-borgerservice-vi

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Thanks, this is great stuff

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Oh poo poo, the disaster company that runs the national identification service in Denmark is the exact same company that runs the equivalent service here in Norway. No matter! I'm sure they learned their lesson and this will never happen again.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bot 02 posted:

Oh poo poo, the disaster company that runs the national identification service in Denmark is the exact same company that runs the equivalent service here in Norway. No matter! I'm sure they learned their lesson and this will never happen again.

lmao :rip:

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
don't worry guys, when the americans control the key points of infrastructure that make your state run it's called freedom and democracy, actually, and the free market would never pull the rug out from under us so why do you worry about uneconomical and authoritarian problems like 'making our state run on its own terms'

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mortons stork posted:

don't worry guys, when the americans control the key points of infrastructure that make your state run it's called freedom and democracy, actually, and the free market would never pull the rug out from under us so why do you worry about uneconomical and authoritarian problems like 'making our state run on its own terms'

When the Social Democrats sold control of the national energy grid to Goldman Sachs, the latter made thinly veiled threats about how the grid might "become unreliable" if they weren't allowed to raise prices.

Speaking of, the Unity List were thrown out of negotiations and are now warning us that a government with the Liberals will be "worse than Corydon", the Finance Minister responsible for aforementioned sale who went on to consult for McKinsey, and they're probably right. Unfortunately they repeatedly refused to topple either of the Social Democrat governments, because then the Liberals would win, you see.

SplitSoul has issued a correction as of 11:41 on Nov 24, 2022

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
question for goons in Prague, when I was there most of the people I met were working for companies back in switzerland, getting paid in euros even, does Prague suffer from similar problems to places that have lots of people working there but not being taxed there?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Unity List after they got kicked out of negotiations. Welplund with that thousand-yard stare.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

social democrats should just stop pretending & change their name to the turd poop party

hey we have a majority, lets shove out the left wingers and join hands with the right! that has never been a stupid idea :bravo:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

centrism is always always always giving in to the right. theres never in history been a "center right" government that gave concessions to the left.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Centerism just mean economically right but it's ok to be gay mostly.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

social democrats should just stop pretending & change their name to the turd poop party

hey we have a majority, lets shove out the left wingers and join hands with the right! that has never been a stupid idea :bravo:

the national social democrats

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Zodium posted:

the national social democrats

:(

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Weka posted:

more gay prison guards that don't threaten capital

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Carthag Tuek posted:

centrism is always always always giving in to the right. theres never in history been a "center right" government that gave concessions to the left.

well there's bismarck i guess

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

V. Illych L. posted:

well there's bismarck i guess

oh yea how did that work out for him

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Weka posted:

OK to be a middle class plus gay man who conforms 100% to bourgeois social and family norms otherwise

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Germany has some opinions on who did a genocide

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/25/germany-set-to-declare-starvation-of-ukrainians-under-stalin-a-genocide-holomodor

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Well, I mean, I suppose if you want an expert opinion...

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Well, I mean, I suppose if you want an expert opinion...

Is Zenz involved in this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

like i always said, that meets the historical-political definition from today’s perspective for genocide