Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

six family members working on the Costco puzzle whole I drink beer from Costco

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Did a quick run today, actually wasn't very crowded in the afternoon.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I got bored and went to Costco

I've been writing down suggestions from this thread for stuff that I normally don't eat so

Kimchi.
Chicken bake.
Rib two pack

Yes.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Three flavoured smoked salmon pack is also a pro purchase

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Can't forget the $ 1.50 hot dog + soda (with refill)

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

sams club has the hot dog soda combo for 1.38 now

https://www.wsj.com/articles/frankfurter-wars-sams-club-undercuts-costco-with-1-38-hot-dog-combo-11668550596

just tore up my costco membership

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

pencilhands posted:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/frankfurter-wars-sams-club-undercuts-costco-with-1-38-hot-dog-combo-11668550596

I am so tempted to give you a probe for this.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

pencilhands posted:

literally no one cares go away

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Who tf keeps their mouth open while using a water pick lmao

Close yer fokkin mooth and just spit the water after a 30-45S interval.

Like wtf ru doin fuckingike pointing the thing roughly at your mother loving mouth and going Psghhv OHH GOD THE WATERS EVERYWHERE WHAT HAOPENED OH GOD BK ONE COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pencilhands posted:

Sam's club only sells the vegan Cleveland brand kimchi and it blows as you'll see from my previous posts

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

thread ban

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pencilhands posted:

when was the last time your head was shoved into a toilet bowl?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The Sam's club hotdog is also not a quarter pound (plus) and the bun sucks

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
And they probably cut the employee pay to offset the 12 cents.

Walmart is terrible. Don't give them money if you can avoid it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Did a quick run today, actually wasn't very crowded in the afternoon.

Big same. I even pulled directly up to a pump.

I was looking for a utility sink I was certain I'd seen there before but it wasn't there so who knows. My trip was a futility sink.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Royal Asia Coconut Shrimp is on sale this month. I enjoy the other brand of frozen panko shrimp whose name I can't recall but decided to this one a shot. Perhaps the worst shrimp I've had in my life. I rarely give up on a meal but I ate two pieces and had to toss the rest.

I also tried out Quesomama White Queso with Green Chiles, however, and it is a delicious, top-tier queso. I was worried about finishing a two pound tub within 5 days like the label suggests but the two of us had no problem.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 26, 2022

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Sam's club dog is retired door greeters. Don't do it

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Business Insider, lol posted:

The [Costco] hot dog is very flavorful, with a slight smokiness to it, similar to kielbasa. It's shockingly hearty, and the quality belies its bargain price. With some mustard, ketchup, and relish on top — Costco has all three out, as well as onions — it's the perfect textural melange. Plus, the bun is surprisingly resilient in the face of several condiments.

Sam's Club's hot dog is only slightly smaller than Costco's, but the bun is a much more pedestrian affair. The dog itself is bland and a tad on the rubbery side. It doesn't have the same indescribable depth of Costco's Kirkland dog. And ketchup and mustard (no relish in sight at this particular Sam's Club) do little to save it.

also Business Insider, they loving love reviewing hot dogs posted:

Even though I've had Costco hot dogs before, I was still shocked at how big it was. It's quite hearty, and it comes wrapped in a paper bag. The bun was soft and warm, substantial enough to stand up top the hot dog without getting soggy. The condiment section was less impressive. There was mustard, ketchup, and relish, but it was messy. Even though it wasn't pretty, a little ketchup was just what the hot dog needed. Costco used to have onions out as a topping too, before the pandemic, but they haven't returned yet at my location. The hot dog is already so flavorful, though, it doesn't need more than the condiments Costco has available. I was especially impressed by the texture of the hot dog, which wasn't too wet or mushy which can sometimes happen. Costco's hot dogs are 100% beef, made in the company's Kirkland Signature hot dog factories in Los Angeles and Chicago. The hot dog was a great deal, more than enough for a meal.

Next up I went to Sam's Club, which has the slightly cheaper $1.38 hot dog and soda combination. At first glance it looked similar to the Costco hot dog and came in the same paper bag, though it seemed a bit smaller. The bun was more plain and softer than the Costco bun. However, I was impressed by the variety of condiments, like the large sauerkraut packets. The hot dog wasn't bad, but it was much better topped with sauerkraut, ketchup, and cheese. The hot dog itself was bland compared to Costco's, and slightly soggy.

do not be fooled by the low prices of walmart, it is not a place of honor

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ror posted:

do not be fooled by the low prices of walmart, it is not a place of honor

S-s-s-auerkraut packets???

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

My local Co had a fantastic sale on pork loins this morning and I picked up an 8lb one for less than $8. Had to shove my way past a guy who easily had 20 in his cart with no sign of stopping.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Any tips on improving the rotisserie chicken? Great price, decent taste, but the greasiness is kinda off-putting. Can it be thrown whole into the oven and rebaked to improve this, or do I need to separate the meat from the carcass first?

On another note, got gas, used the tire pump for the first time (fast and sweet), and picked up way too much Tikka masala haha I kid there's no such thing as too much Indian food

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just eat the drat chicken

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

bucksmash posted:

picked up way too much Tikka masala haha I kid there's no such thing as too much Indian food

It freezes just fine, too

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Smugworth posted:

Thanks you're as helpful as a Sam's Club membership

Plus it's not just for my fatass, having a birthday for a friend next weekend and the last time we had one it was acceptable but just really slimy.

Chronojam posted:

It freezes just fine, too
Oh yeah my freezer is packed full, plus a 20lb bag of rice and I'm set for a good while

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bucksmash posted:

Thanks you're as helpful as a Sam's Club membership

Just for that I'm not going to tell you the good brand of kimchi

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Hrmm considering eating a chicken every day. Like my hero. The chicken man from Philly

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bucksmash posted:

Any tips on improving the rotisserie chicken?

Eat it with rice and veggies. Put some hot sauce on it. Really go hog wild with it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Went about 30 minutes before closing tonight. Was pretty quiet. Even the pumps were half empty.

Smugworth posted:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Also I bought one of the huge pork loins on sale, need to figure out how to cook all that. I'm thinking slow in the pressure cooker?

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
Does Costco have Christmas lights and are they any good (specifically outdoor rated ones)?

Turns out both long strands I got from Home Depot last year are dead, and replacing fuses and bulbs does nothing. I suspect they were less water resistant than the alleged outdoor rating implied.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

incogneato posted:

Does Costco have Christmas lights and are they any good (specifically outdoor rated ones)?

Turns out both long strands I got from Home Depot last year are dead, and replacing fuses and bulbs does nothing. I suspect they were less water resistant than the alleged outdoor rating implied.

i bought a few boxes of the sylvania LED multicolours for the roof and ended up returning two of the boxes because a single box was enough for the whole job, so that was nice and i recommend them because of that. also they are bright as gently caress and thats always a plus.

https://www.costco.com/sylvania-stay-lit-c9-led-light-set%2c-4-pack.product.100763015.html

DamnitGannet fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 27, 2022

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Speaking of Christmas lights- I bought a Costco Christmas tree a few years back. That thing has held up incredibly well, looks fantastic, and takes literally 30 seconds to put up. Only negative was it didn’t come with a storage bag.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

SirPablo posted:

Also I bought one of the huge pork loins on sale, need to figure out how to cook all that. I'm thinking slow in the pressure cooker?

regular pork loin (not tenderloin) kinda sucks for slow cooking tbh, i find the best use is to either butterfly and pound out into schnitzel or brine and cook it as a roast of some sort.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

DamnitGannet posted:

i bought a few boxes of the sylvania LED multicolours for the roof and ended up returning two of the boxes because a single box was enough for the whole job, so that was nice and i recommend them because of that. also they are bright as gently caress and thats always a plus.

https://www.costco.com/sylvania-stay-lit-c9-led-light-set%2c-4-pack.product.100763015.html

Seconding these. One box did the front roof line and down both corner gutters, they're bright, and most importantly they have white light and color light settings so my wife and I both get what we want

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
definitely just brine/roast a pork loin, or slice into chops and panfry

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
My church has a limit 1 per day per member bourbon stout that I guess sells like hot cakes, 14 percent alv lol. Bought one and am gonna try it tonight.

Also the Kirkland meatballs are drat tasty, gonna make meatball subs this week

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

bucksmash posted:

Any tips on improving the rotisserie chicken? Great price, decent taste, but the greasiness is kinda off-putting. Can it be thrown whole into the oven and rebaked to improve this, or do I need to separate the meat from the carcass first?

On another note, got gas, used the tire pump for the first time (fast and sweet), and picked up way too much Tikka masala haha I kid there's no such thing as too much Indian food

If you carve it up and eat it with a meal (someone suggested rice) instead of pulling chunks directly off the chicken/eating the drumsticks by yourself, it gets a lot less greasy. Also if you bring it home while it's still hot, you can pour the grease into a ziploc bag and throw it in the trash. IDK, wipe the bottom with a paper towel or something.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's chicken
Maybe with the rice your favorite brand of kimchi (I shan't reveal my favorite to the op)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Smugworth posted:

It's chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Point taken ya bastards :) but I realize with the greasiness it will go well as a chicken fried rice so thanks for the push

Costco: It's chicken Just eat the drat chicken