Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

War and Pieces posted:

it's a cool story hook but what's the look for this? Generic Sci Fi guys don't belong in WarHams. Maybe this could be an in for some sort of Abhuman army tho.

???

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Leagues_of_Votann

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-U...669409580000%5D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lol what are people suggesting the emperor is the fifth chaos god that's crazy then what was all that fighting for then

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Sephyr posted:

This. I'd really like to see a WE or Khorne warband that is about massive guns instead of just slashing things. Or one that is about quality instead of quantity.

I'm kind of disappointed the WE so far is nothing but melee stuff. Khorne was never just 'all melee all the time' in a lot of the fluff.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Al-Saqr posted:

lol what are people suggesting the emperor is the fifth chaos god that's crazy then what was all that fighting for then

I mean Chaos Gods fight each other all the time

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Eej posted:

I mean Chaos Gods fight each other all the time

5th major warp god might be more accurate than Chaos god since his aims are different, but to anyone who isn't on his side it's basically all the same. At least he isn't trying to unmake reality like the others.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

I got mine today, too. Been digging around the codex to figure out the best way to build my armored company.

Born Soldiers looks like the way to go for sheer damage output, but the combination of Armored Superiority and Mechanized Infantry looks like an excellent way to play the Objectives game.

Consider: Load a Chimera up with a squad of your choice (probably Cadians for excellent synergies and the double Special Weapons), give the Chimera the Shock and Awe order to make it ObSec and drive to an objective and unload your squad on top of it. Suddenly you have the equivalent of fifteen ObSec models on that objective, five of which come from the Chimera alone. Have the squad take an action (as long as you have an officer nearby...which you should) for the Special Orders Nephilim Secondary. Keeping that officer around also scores you Inflexible Command points. Then do this to EVERY objective on the board. You should be able to Advance your Chimeras to get to all the midboard objectives on turn one, turn two at the latest, with a decent chance of getting to your opponent's deployment zone objective by turn three or four. And spreading out like that ALSO scores you points for Boots on the Ground. That adds up to a lot of victory points!

Note: This is how Necrons are winning tournaments lately, by being very difficult to keep from scoring points. We can do the same thing, only we're doing it with Tanks!

Even better, if he's spending his anti-tank fire to try and pry your Chimeras off the objectives, do you know what he ISN'T doing? He isn't firing those guns at your Russes and Dorns which is where most of your firepower is stored!

Variant: Yes, you could do this with Tauroxes, but the Tauroxes only carry ten models while your Chimeras can carry twelve, which is IMPORTANT because it lets you get officers (solo Castellans and Commissars) around the board with your squads rather than having to devote a whole transport to just carrying the officer. You could mix and match, though, since you can't get enough officers to fill every transport, you could keep the officer and a squad in a Chimera while a backup squad drives around nearby in a Taurox, something like that.

Variant2: Artillery. Swap out the Russes for Basilisks and Manticores. You'll want Expert Bombadiers to reduce the indirect fire penalty, and to keep Mechanized Infantry so the squads can get out and get the Voxes in range of your artillery targets, but that does mean your transports won't get the bonus to model count that Armored Superiority gives you.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 26, 2022

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

War and Pieces posted:

it's a cool story hook but what's the look for this? Generic Sci Fi guys don't belong in WarHams. Maybe this could be an in for some sort of Abhuman army tho.
Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one who’s tired of Cadians already.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
New guard box rules. Sentinels lost posability, which sucks, but overall a really nice box so far.

They really knocked the codex cover and datacard boxes out of the park.

Heres a powerfist in sprue for whomever was asking for it earlier

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

my fave thing about the cadia stands box is the fact that the characters on the box art are all completely hosed up and are crazed, it's really obvious these people went through a planet ending event and are forged from it. if I played regular 40k I wouldve absolutely picked it up.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Its a drat good starter guard army if you do want to cross over

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

My Spirit Otter posted:

Its a drat good starter guard army if you do want to cross over

I think if I ever expand into normal 40k I'll use my Krieg Kill team as the basis, I already have 20 of them (bought two boxes for full options and uncompromised builds) and there's already plenty of Krieg Options and mounted units and such.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I just wanna give a giant gently caress you to the entire nation of england for having the most senseless and expensive post system I have every had the displeasure of using.

those loving creeps made me pay 45 loving dollars for less that 0.5 kilgrams of plastic loving bits no other options.

gently caress the english. I'm never buying anything from that island ever again. thank christ I bought most of my stuff from the good ol' US of A.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

I just wanna give a giant gently caress you to the entire nation of england for having the most senseless and expensive post system I have every had the displeasure of using.

those loving creeps made me pay 45 loving dollars for less that 0.5 kilgrams of plastic loving bits no other options.

gently caress the english. I'm never buying anything from that island ever again. thank christ I bought most of my stuff from the good ol' US of A.

USPS charges $20 minimum for sea post for anything, even if its just a single part or blister in an envelope. Stopped buying anything direct from there ages ago.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Al-Saqr posted:

Hey now

There are PLENTY of better reasons to hate the British.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah! I mean, we all know the T'au accidentally beat him to the punch in God creation, so he would be the sixth God now.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

jng2058 posted:

Good stuff

Thanks!

But... infantry? In my armored company!?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Brexit means Brexit

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

the hook here is "squats are back" not "a viable alternative to the imperium"

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

My Spirit Otter posted:

New guard box rules. Sentinels lost posability, which sucks, but overall a really nice box so far.

They really knocked the codex cover and datacard boxes out of the park.

Heres a powerfist in sprue for whomever was asking for it earlier

Ah, that was me, do you know what arm it attaches to?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

And speaking of my Armoured Company:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

And speaking of my Armoured Company:

owns

What are you paying the SU-85s as? Basilisks?

e: Just noticed that your SU has "basilisk" written on the rear in Cyrillic, heh

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Geisladisk posted:

owns

What are you paying the SU-85s as? Basilisks?

Yep, exactly.

And thanks!

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Randalor posted:

Yeah! I mean, we all know the T'au accidentally beat him to the punch in God creation, so he would be the sixth God now.

This is Gork and Mork erasure and I will not stand for it.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Ah, that was me, do you know what arm it attaches to?

Sorry, for some reason i didnt think to include it. #105

Edit: theres also a backpack for the powerfist, which also rules. #104(if you couldnt guess)

My Spirit Otter fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 26, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Is the entire octarius terrain set for 35 dollars a good deal? Asking for a friend

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

Is the entire octarius terrain set for 35 dollars a good deal? Asking for a friend

It retails for 100 so yes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al-Saqr posted:

worth grabbing imho

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

I think if I ever expand into normal 40k I'll use my Krieg Kill team as the basis, I already have 20 of them (bought two boxes for full options and uncompromised builds) and there's already plenty of Krieg Options and mounted units and such.

I forgot to respond to this, but it seems like regimental soup is ok and kriegers are a regular troop choice now, instead of the elite "vetern squad"

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

neaden posted:

This is Gork and Mork erasure and I will not stand for it.

Gork and Mork are Ork gods, not Chaos gods. They's too busy crumping to bother with those Chaos games them fikle gods play.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Thanks!

But... infantry? In my armored company!?

Someone's gotta clean up after the tanks roll over everything! Might as well be some footsloggers! :shrug:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Painted this dude up as a Baharroth proxy

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Randalor posted:

Gork and Mork are Ork gods, not Chaos gods. They's too busy crumping to bother with those Chaos games them fikle gods play.

Yep there's a difference between Warp Gods and Chaos Gods.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

:allears:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Al-Saqr posted:

Want to point out to you that if I order something from the US I have to pay basically the same price.

I don't think it's a "UK" thing, I think it's a "the US and the UK have expensive post to each other" thing.

Every time I did Sass I ended up paying significantly more on postage than the presents too.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
fwiw that's some insane shipping cost. I usually buy about 100 gbp of stuff from Troll Trader at a time and it comes out to 7 gbp shipping (and then I get railed by duty but what can ya do). If you're in the US there's absolutely a better place to order domestically anyway.

e: I live in Canada for context

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I've generally stopped order from UK stores because I always end up getting nailed by VAT charges, which adds even more to the cost when the pound is 12 to 1 to my currency.

Well and the one time I ordered from GW they also managed to nearly gently caress me out of my order because they don't do tracking on regular stuff and UPS are massive pieces of poo poo.

So these days I just order via the LGS or just find some in-country store instead.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Dunno if this is ever explicitly stated somewhere but do Orks cause background Warp effects like other species? Meaning, do their hopes, dreams, and emotions (fighting, looting, and...fighting) fuel the chaos gods or is it a recursive Waaagh loop? If the latter, the Old Ones were really onto something before everything went to poo poo. As per usual in Warhammer I suppose.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
As far as we know the Orks are their own biological and psychic ecosystem with any outliers (potentially Chaos tainted) boys getting murked. This doesn't stop them from being affected by Chaos magicks like the boys who got sucked into Khorne's domain for a never ending brawl.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
But they're always gonna be orks in there. It's like a cell absorbing the first mitochondria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://youtu.be/Rs18z4HJAlM