Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

where's art the clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

drat horror queefs posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with England

Jez/Webb is somehow too dumb to be bisexual

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Why is Kratos' son not at his Thanksgiving

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it's clearly a Friendsgiving.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

they were going to make a us peep show but it never happened. how bad could the script had been?

somehow worse than red dwarf US pilot i bet

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Confused why people are still talking about the US Peep Show pilot like a hypothetical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yredc3ayOE

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Knight posted:

Confused why people are still talking about the US Peep Show pilot like a hypothetical

this sucks mudbutt

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Knight posted:

drat that sucked!!

- no inner monologue
- everyone looks 2-3 points hotter and generally too healthy and tanned.
- Mark looks like Charlie Sheen if Charlie Sheen were doing a role like Vince Vaughn in Thumbsucker
- the flavor of WW2 obsession Mark has feels out of place in US society
- Mark seems shorter relative to other people — is shortness more embarrassing in america?
- Riding the bus is definitely more embarrassing in America than England
- I don’t think the chavs harassing Mark would really have an equivalent in America

e: for Jez, I think smoking weed in England is different culturally from America, and casting Jez as a stoner leaves out a good chunk of his personality.

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 22:45 on Nov 25, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

- everyone looks 2-3 points hotter and generally too healthy and tanned.

this is unavoidable when remaking an English show anywhere outside England

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Sad about the incredible likelihood that David Mitchell is also a TERF because so much of his comedy brought me joy in my 20s. He is at minimum a weapons-grade secret Tory

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Doc Fission posted:

Sad about the incredible likelihood that David Mitchell is also a TERF because so much of his comedy brought me joy in my 20s. He is at minimum a weapons-grade secret Tory

I didn't pick any tory vibes from him in any of his other work. he's probably a lib at worse. can't recall him ever saying anything about trans people, I think that even if he is a terf he's smart enough to stfu about it.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I didn't pick any tory vibes from him in any of his other work. he's probably a lib at worse. can't recall him ever saying anything about trans people, I think that even if he is a terf he's smart enough to stfu about it.

I think he wrote some guardian columns and he seemed like a typical liberal without anything exceptionally odious.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he's described himself as a small c conservative which maps to like mainstream Labour/the Squad

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

hmm.. looks like Alexandra dadario is an op

quote:

Alexandra Anna Daddario was born in New York City on March 16, 1986,[2][3] the eldest child of Christina, a lawyer, and Richard Daddario, a prosecutor and former head of the New York City Police Department counterterrorism unit.[4] . . .Her paternal grandfather was Emilio Q. Daddario, a Democratic member of the U.S. House of Representatives for Connecticut from 1959 to 1971.

and her TV husbands a little boob :berned:

quote:

Vermont native Jake Lacy supported Bernie Sanders in the last presidential election and is behind him again for 2020, but the “Girls” actor doesn’t like to publicly discuss his views.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

theyre natural actually

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

new Bobby Fingers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aCMTpJx2cs&t=10s

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Starting to watch 1899 and I like it so far but goddamn some scenes are way too dark.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
christmas evil indeed owns, cspam energy throughout

Laterite has issued a correction as of 04:51 on Nov 27, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I finally finished Andor, there is 100% chance they create another season. Excited to see how they fumble the bag in season 2.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I finally finished Andor, there is 100% chance they create another season. Excited to see how they fumble the bag in season 2.

it will fast forward to after the sequels and be about a rebel campaigning for the galactic senate.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

mon mothma clapping like a weirdo and tearing up palpatine's speech

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Classic pattern now the Disney c-suite is aware of it and will swarm in to 'help'.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Classic pattern now the Disney c-suite is aware of it and will swarm in to 'help'.

Someone really needs to just be on standby during all Star Wars projects whose job is to jiggle the car keys to distract the execs.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
watched the Weird Al Yankovich movie, good times. didn't quite know what to expect and yeah it's not an boring biography. danielle radcliffe whips rear end.

the madonna plot was really lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
actually the funniest thing about the movie is like every single character is like "HEY I KNOW THAT ACTOR!" feel

second funniest was radcliffe's reaction to dwight going "i'll be your dementor" and just the absolute perfect encapsulation of horror that harry potter is forever.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 07:53 on Nov 26, 2022

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

indigi posted:

they did a post credits scene in a tv show? lol
most of if not all of the disney marvel/star wars shows have a mid-credits scene for season premieres And/or finales

she-hulk is an outlier for having a mid-credits scene in episode 3, but tbf it was a fun stinger

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it was planned to have a second season from the beginning, and filming started this week

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ghost Leviathan posted:

yeah, by this time next year we'll all be saying "Andor was great, a pity that it never got a second season"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Filthy Hans posted:

yeah, by this time next year we'll all be saying "Andor was great, a pity that it never got a second season"
general word is "fall '24 unless it gets a much bigger budget", so yeah if it comes out fall '23 it'll probably be bad because of aforementioned c-suite

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

galagazombie posted:

Someone really needs to just be on standby during all Star Wars projects whose job is to jiggle the car keys to distract the execs.

What do you think executive jobs are?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

loquacius posted:

Why is Kratos' son not at his Thanksgiving

It plays into the ending of the second game, or he's been replaced by the Scorn guy.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

galagazombie posted:

Reminded of how the DS9 writers promised the execs that they'd wrap up the Dominion War in a season finale

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

financing, then them thinking they're directors and making suggestions to the actual director until it's more like what they want, easy

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/ManuclearBomb/status/1596117533530152961

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah to their credit a lot of the scenes echoed a lot of history without making any direct references to any one particular event. the corporation troops rolling into a hostile community and only half understanding what they're dealing with, the prison and all the forms of control there, bureaucratic infighting at the ISB, the million ways the empire tortures and oppresses people, the friction amongst the different rebel groups and how to run a guerilla campaign, it's all really legible without every feeling too cliche beyond it being Star Wars.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I just want more isb meetings

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Ghost Leviathan posted:

demanding a giant metal spider in movie after movie until you get one

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tony Gilroy, also liberal:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

demanding a giant metal spider in movie after movie until you get one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Lmao what outlet is this that said "earth gun" for Irgun, way to prove his point even further