Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you go into your inventory and mash the inspect button on it, the special move’s name is usually pretty self explanatory, or is that what’s saying “special melee attack”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Countersniping snipers with the Ogryn grenade box is the most satisfying thing you can do in this game.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Cowcaster posted:

if you go into your inventory and mash the inspect button on it, the special move’s name is usually pretty self explanatory, or is that what’s saying “special melee attack”?

Yes the inspect menu literally just says the words "special melee attack"

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What are Terrors? I need to finish Purgator 4 and 5 for "Cleanse the Taint" (lol).

Rot walkers I think

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think they should have hired the person who wrote the descriptions of the steam achievements for the in-game penances and just about everything else. The in-game mechanical descriptions read like they were written by aliens.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
So anyone know what might be happening at 3 pm PT/12 am CET?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

So anyone know what might be happening at 3 pm PT/12 am CET?

Preview of the boss level I think.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

PSA: this game is amazing with an edible

I was absolutely a guardsman fighting for my life out of a hive city. Each mission was a lifetime.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Internet Explorer posted:

I was absolutely a guardsman fighting for my life out of a hive city. Each mission was a lifetime.

Rip a bong between waves if you're a real gamer

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i just woke up from a dream where Jesper Kyd and Guillaume David (WH40K Mechanicus, an xcom-ish thing) worked together on composing for an admech-oriented 'tide game and now i'm sad to be awake

here's one of Mechanicus' regular combat themes (best bit's around 3:40)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asr6_eNCuoU

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 26, 2022

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Now do it... on Linux!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

lol yes brother, this is definitely one of those games that gets very fun and immersive when I'm high as poo poo

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Ciaphas posted:

i just woke up from a dream where Jesper Kyd and Guillaume David (WH40K Mechanicus, an xcom-ish thing) worked together on composing for an admech-oriented 'tide game and now i'm sad to be awake

here's one of Mechanicus' regular combat themes (best bit's around 3:40)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asr6_eNCuoU

I am admittedly in the hope that if new "Classes" are for the existing Archetypes, that we might see some Skitarii representation show up with all their weird future guns.

In the meantime, I am trying out the new shiny Plasma Gun on the Veteran and, I kinda like it and I get warm fuzzies when I charge up a shot and make a special go away in one shot but I am still trying to get the feel of what it's for when it comes to big groups more than anything.

It deletes anything with Carapace or Flak armour okay, but I have quickly found out spam firing it into the horde 1) doesn't do much without much penetration, 2) can just make you explode which while being very funny, does cause an issue if it happens when you are one of the last few players upright.

Orv
May 4, 2011

TheNabster posted:

I am admittedly in the hope that if new "Classes" are for the existing Archetypes, that we might see some Skitarii representation show up with all their weird future guns.

In the meantime, I am trying out the new shiny Plasma Gun on the Veteran and, I kinda like it and I get warm fuzzies when I charge up a shot and make a special go away in one shot but I am still trying to get the feel of what it's for when it comes to big groups more than anything.

It deletes anything with Carapace or Flak armour okay, but I have quickly found out spam firing it into the horde 1) doesn't do much without much penetration, 2) can just make you explode which while being very funny, does cause an issue if it happens when you are one of the last few players upright.

The plasma gun has great horde penetration and firing it into a horde will basically delete everything in line with your shot from the front to the back. You can do that three or four times at different angles, depending on your gun's thermal resistance and vanish much of a horde.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Plasma gun best gun

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Has anyone been able to run this in a playable state with RTX on? 3070 in particular.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I changed my mind on the eviscerator and thunder hammer. The later is far better. Its special does just as much damage and can't be interrupted like the former's.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Jimbot posted:

I changed my mind on the eviscerator and thunder hammer. The later is far better. Its special does just as much damage and can't be interrupted like the former's.

Doing the special and a charge to force the crit can chunk like 20% of a plague ogryns health, it's probably gonna get tuned a bit

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GruntyThrst posted:

Plasma gun best gun

:hmmyes:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TheNabster posted:

The plasma gun has about 40 feet of pierce from the first model it hits, and honestly i think it has more but theres limits to testing in the arena. The downside is the projectile path of the plasma coil is pretty tight so its not likely youll hit more than 5 people unless the horde is very deep. Thats not plasmas job anyways, you still have the firerate and accuracy to counterfire shooters, but you dont have the ammo to do it regularly. Instead with the instant ready time and huge pierce the plasma gun combines with veterans ability to allow you to punch a huge hole in any special or elite no matter how far back in a horde or hidden they are, something no other gun gives you. The damamge is ultra high too, getting even higher with charging, although the ammo efficiency gets worse.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Did end up testing out stamina in the Meat Grinder and wow, it does increase the number of bars! Ogryn just has so many base it's hard to tell, I honestly would not have known human classes only had 3 bars base till I finally decided to play one lol.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

All in all i think plasma is a tactically worse option than the bolter or accatran or balanced lasguns, but it has a niche that its better at than all of those and it lets you shoot through your ogryn friends and looks and sounds and feels really cool, so i hope it gets buffed.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SplitSoul posted:

Has anyone been able to run this in a playable state with RTX on? 3070 in particular.

3080ti here and no not really. It sorta worked but you have to be okay with 30 or less fps. It's a shame too because it looks very very nice

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Plasma also has the fun trick of being able to stay in volley fire longer than the bolter because normal shots only take 3 charge of an around 90 magazine, and are still strong enough to explode any normal shooters. Take yourself up to 100 heat, vent for 1 tick of personal damage and youll get 2 shots back. Heat is more of a bottleneck to the plasmagun than in the magazine ammo. I guess the success depends on what your rolls on it were though.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
I think with what happens narratively at level 30 YOU’RE NOW IN THE WARBAND the idea of broader character/class selection (Imperial Guard, Skitarii, Techpriests, etc.) seems pretty doable.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

What's a good, stable gun with lots of dakka for the zealout? I have to kill 750 dregs for a weekly. Plus I'm in the mood for some dakka.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Kinda wish you could change character in the ready up screen. When you end up with 4 of the same class you know its gonna be a rough run.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jimbot posted:

What's a good, stable gun with lots of dakka for the zealout? I have to kill 750 dregs for a weekly. Plus I'm in the mood for some dakka.

The braced Autogun has served me well. My misfortune is that the last few missions I've run have seemingly had no dregs to shoot!

I seriously feel like I went into one mission after getting the "kill 750 dregs" mission popped and I got 727 in one sweep, but since then nadda.

I can't tell if it's bad luck or if there's modifiers that change what kind of enemies show up on maps and I keep dropping into ones with no scabs.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Mega Comrade posted:

Kinda wish you could change character in the ready up screen. When you end up with 4 of the same class you know its gonna be a rough run.

You know what else is missing? The classic V1 post-mission buttons, now that they have a generic hub. Bring back "Random Map" / Back to Lobby / Next map for groups so you dont have to merge strike teams but still just queue up another mission, youre probably just chain running missions anyway, why add a visit to the hub.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mega Comrade posted:

Changing characters is weirdly clunky. I get that they're trying to get each individual character involved in the story as you level them up but people are going to obviously multiclass, why make it such a pain where you have to log out, change, log back in, run back to the mission, etc etc etc

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Which braced autogun is best for the Zealot? There's like 3 different kinds.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I do love the plasma gun, but the bolter just feels better and easier to use. But holy poo poo does the plasma gun hit hard.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

explosivo posted:

3080ti here and no not really. It sorta worked but you have to be okay with 30 or less fps. It's a shame too because it looks very very nice

poo poo is so variable. Try lower RT settings too.

1440p with a 2080, 2700x, 32gb 3200 and both environmental and reflection RT on low I’m getting mid-30s to mid -40s. The environmental RT in particular is huge for making poo poo look not awful, even on low.

It’s like the really didn’t try with the non RT lighting it’s that much worse.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Jimbot posted:

The biggest advantage of the Eviscerator is that when you activate its special, it will slice through chaff until it hits a meaty target and only then "bite and chew". Ragers love to mix themselves into a sea of zombies, and any one of those random mooks will immediately consume the hammer energy. Eviscerator doesn't care. If you're using the talent that makes your heavy attacks uninterruptible you'll be able to land the attack and the Rager will be stunned as he's being sawed in half.

skaianDestiny posted:

Which braced autogun is best for the Zealot? There's like 3 different kinds.

IIRC, the Mk 2. It has dramatically better damage and a larger clip.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Whats the highest item power anyone has seen? I've only seen 400 is that the cap?

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
I've seen stuff hit 485 so my guess is around 500

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

No, item power def goes over 400. Grab any blue level 30 weapon around power level 380 and check out the Tech priest, taking it up to purple will immediately put it past 400.

Also just rolled a non-ogryn class to level and wow y'all are small af. How do you even deal with this. Yes I made myself a maximum shorty too okay don't judge me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Evil Kit posted:

Also just rolled a non-ogryn class to level and wow y'all are small af. How do you even deal with this. Yes I made myself a maximum shorty too okay don't judge me.

I love that this is the exact opposite of me playing 200 hours as Bardin exclusively between VT1/VT2 and never being able to see where a horde started and ended.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Arghy posted:

Whats the highest item power anyone has seen? I've only seen 400 is that the cap?

Guy in a Reddit post said that he has a purple that says it can be upgraded between 480something and 505, but I’m willing to bet that that’s probably a fatshark thing and the cap is actually 500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/k2NRao7.mp4

it just wants a hug