Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
ThaNks to Frankie Boyle Updates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

:stare: beautiful flying angel

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Paperhouse posted:

the beautiful game

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

paddyboat posted:

ThaNks to Frankie Boyle Updates

Any time.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Mexico are completely neutralising Messi

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

idk how he's been doing in France but I think maybe Messi doesn't have the pace anymore to outrun a team that just wants to kick the poo poo out of him

Socialized
Oct 27, 2010

before the game BBC 5 had an interview with Messi’s biographer maybe? Who said that Messi will just shut down if he doesn’t have the ball. So it seems like that tactic works!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
💤💤💤💤

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

I think Father Time might have a hand in it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So did Saudi Arabia though, the ref just gave Messi a pity penalty.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Weaponized Cum posted:

💤💤💤💤

Are we watching the same game?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Socialized posted:

before the game BBC 5 had an interview with Messi’s biographer maybe? Who said that Messi will just shut down if he doesn’t have the ball. So it seems like that tactic works!

I feel like I remember a game a few years back where he ran less than the keeper

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

save was ok, but there was a big doggo watching

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Maracoca

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The spirit and soul of Argentina is the gaucho. This team honour that by playing like they’re being ridden by them.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

save was actually great tho

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
During the penalty kick after the yellow card against Argentina why did one Argentine player lay on the ground behind the wall of Argentina players who jumped up?

Is there a chance that the ball will stay on the ground and the player is seeking to block that avenue?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
di maria is finished

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

FRAUDS

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i would sub messi off for someone young who can run quick personally

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

AnacondaHL posted:

save was ok, but there was a big doggo watching

:3:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

tristeham posted:

di maria is finished

Inshallah

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Nystral posted:

During the penalty kick after the yellow card against Argentina why did one Argentine player lay on the ground behind the wall of Argentina players who jumped up?

Is there a chance that the ball will stay on the ground and the player is seeking to block that avenue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y8HFJZPptc

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nystral posted:

it's cause Ronaldinho did this once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aE5Kf_Ky0Q

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Nystral posted:

Yes

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Nystral posted:

Yes.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Nystral posted:

Yes, because the majority of walls jump to try and block as much of the goal as possible, talented players have managed to thread it through the gap and score low into the corner, which is difficult for a keeper to cover.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nystral posted:

He was just taking his lunch break.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Nystral posted:

Yeah the wall will jump on a free kick so that guy is there in case the free kick (not penalty hehe) taker hits it low

Lol one of twenty “yes” answers

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nystral posted:

Sometimes people smash the ball under the jumping wall

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug
poopssi

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lol that it was di maria laying down

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Messi…co