Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It's amazing Chuck Fletcher still has a job. Very impressive indeed.

5v5 PDO of *only* 102.2 which is 4th highest in the NHL. The concern, if I were to have one, is the Kraken are scoring 60% of the goals 5v5 with only an expected share of 52.5. That is mostly on the back a NHL 2nd best shooting of 9.85%. Only Dallas is better with nearly 11% finishing. So if that 5v5 scoring regresses closer to expectation they'll probably drop off some.

They could replace him with Steve Yzerman or Julien BriseBois and it wouldn't matter, if Bobby Clarke and crew are still in that arena and front office then this team is never going to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

genuinely surprised they didn't attack him with their sticks, it seems to be the usual mo.

Yeah, they start calling stick work in the second round of the playoffs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

Mike Smith used to throw his helmet off in playoff games to get stoppages and people would call it a veteran move, I don’t know how opinion changed on goalies cheating so suddenly

Russo is a Wild reporter.

Presumably the Leafs reporters are praising it and planning the parade.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/mattdonders/status/1596561560473698304

drat

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Wonderllama posted:

Finally found something cal Foote is good at: pummeling a bortuzzo

https://twitter.com/josephdzita/sta...s1_c10&ref_url=

this rules so fuckin much. just 4 guys immediately gloves off and jumping him. really shows you the playoff experience and maturity of that team.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

th3t00t posted:

I guess the league wanted to make up to the Devils for the Toronto game? Disallowed 2 Sabres goals by blowing the whistle early. Even though on the first one the puck was in the net before the whistle. And Marino punched the puck into his own net on the second one.

Sabres got drastically outplayed, but it would have been nice to get a loser point for once if those 2 goals counted.

edit: I guess we should have thrown stuff on the ice to get a make up from the NHL too

Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre didn't waste his opportunity in the booth last night to chirp NHL officiating for "claiming they don't manage the game but everybody knows they do" or something to that affect.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://theathletic.com/3773335/2022/11/23/nhl99-roberto-luongo/

https://twitter.com/tangotiger/status/1596587392005459968

boy bobby lu sure was the Fuckin Best and Coolest

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County
https://twitter.com/over_theglass/status/1596367737835892737?s=20&t=vX0y_8_LPbO7EvLBsJokEg
Pretty much just like Ovechkin's goal. Current leading Norris candidate, folks

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Keith Mars posted:

https://twitter.com/over_theglass/status/1596367737835892737?s=20&t=vX0y_8_LPbO7EvLBsJokEg
Pretty much just like Ovechkin's goal. Current leading Norris candidate, folks

Haha this rules. That smile at the end. He’s just having a good time out there.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The Rangers will miss the playoffs and Gallant will be fired.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hey the Oilers got secondary scoring and won!!!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

They need to switch Troubas contract to Lindgren. Every time he goes out of a game the Rangers D falls apart. It's unreal.

At this point I don't even know what Drury can do to fix this. The Trouba contract might be one of the worst contracts in the league.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

The Rangers will miss the playoffs and Gallant will be fired.

Gallant isn’t going to make it to Christmas

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
3-0 is the worst lead in hockey afterall....

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

WeaponX posted:

Gallant isn’t going to make it to Christmas

Plenty of taxis in front of MSG.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The Rangers are 0-2 in the post Ryan Reaves Era

Really makes you think

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Matt Zerella posted:

They need to switch Troubas contract to Lindgren. Every time he goes out of a game the Rangers D falls apart. It's unreal.

At this point I don't even know what Drury can do to fix this. The Trouba contract might be one of the worst contracts in the league.

Lol. The guy that had such huge impacts in the Rangers winning last year. Yup. Time to dump him.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I hope the Rangers fire Gallant ASAP

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Lol. The guy that had such huge impacts in the Rangers winning last year. Yup. Time to dump him.

The rumor is he's playing hurt and at this point t I don't understand why they don't just sit him for a few games. He's been dogshit for the last 4 games at least.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Matt Zerella posted:

Plenty of taxis in front of MSG.

Bunch of rail options in the same building if James is feeling especially thrifty, too.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
very much doubt they fire Gallant but Dolan is Dolan. wouldn't totally shock me if he freaked out and got Trotz after Christmas or something.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

CBJSprague24 posted:

Bunch of rail options in the same building if James is feeling especially thrifty, too.

This is why Redden was doomed when he signed with the Rangers

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
God drat the flames look like rear end. No chemistry on any of the lines and the D have been abysmal with the exception of Tanev

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

triple sulk posted:

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

My favorite part of that game was Tony D being mad that they were losing and just grabbing Oliver wahlstrom out of a pack of people at random and started throwing punches only for wahlstrom then to kick his rear end

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Iodised QQ posted:

My favorite part of that game was Tony D being mad that they were losing and just grabbing Oliver wahlstrom out of a pack of people at random and started throwing punches only for wahlstrom then to kick his rear end

Tony D is dogshit garbage

e: Truly a Flyer

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens no showed after the first 10 minutes or so. The powerplay is now amongst the worst in the league :toot:

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Iodised QQ posted:

Nelson and Beau scoring 23 seconds apart was amazing.

Zach Parise having a two-goal game was astounding.

But seeing Tony D get bodied by Wahlstrom was the highlight of the night for sure.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Pens no showed after the first 10 minutes or so. The powerplay is now amongst the worst in the league :toot:

'now'?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

They've been really bad on the tail end of back to backs this year. Makes sense since they're old I guess.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's incredible that chuck fletcher is still employed

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
looked at the standings and the islanders have about 10 more points than I expected

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1596686687606042626?t=EDH5tAkbTpRmykq5JzVNzA&s=19

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I have to wonder if having CANCELLED on the ads for you tour is a smart move.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

looked at the standings and the islanders have about 10 more points than I expected

Their record astounds me, but I guess it really helps to have great goaltending

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Koopa Kid posted:

Their record astounds me, but I guess it really helps to have great goaltending

And they score goals now too!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
five teams in the western conference have positive goal differentials. shockingly, one of them is seattle

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Vegas appears to be cooling off to more like the level I expected at the start of the season.

Good thing the Pacific is trash

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/StatsCentre/status/1596767331505819649?t=cYSWTcEOLTwphv1-61C-TA&s=19

Quinn Hughes is very, very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is there even a bad Hughes? The Caps got smoked by one last night.