Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45
I saw a few posts mentioning that the army boots used with foot wraps were too loose with socks. They could be digging those out which would require a change back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Majorian posted:

They died thinking very racist things against Ukrainians, though.

What race did they think Ukrainians were?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

What race did they think Ukrainians were?

"Insufficiently Eurasian."

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Majorian posted:

"sufficiently asian."

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
the same as them just with a different language, ergo calling ukrainians dirty mongols by proxy.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ardennes posted:

Finally time to make the Russians pay for a famine in the 1930s in which many Russians also died.

thinking about other people who could blamed for things their countrypeople did in the 30s

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Goretex socks are a godsend but they’re expensive as hell. Seems like footwraps are also useful for these wet and cold conditions where you should be changing socks every 4-6 hours or so.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Nov 26, 2022

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Imo a foot wrap is pretty much a rag, rags are an extremely useful tool in a variety of circumstances.

A sock, especially a synthetic one, is totally useless for anything besides being a sock and maybe putting stuff into so you can club people with it.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

seems like the layers on the foot wrap would be pretty good for cold weather but it depends entirely on putting it on right which is probably why it's taking so long for Russia to get these reserves trained up

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The irony is that Galicia if not much of Western Ukraine wasn’t even part of the Soviet Union at that point and that Western Soviet Ukraine was hit less harsh than Eastern Ukraine and parts of the lower Volga region. So you have nationalists much if weren’t even part of the same country at that point or were more lightly affected using it as a cudgel against people more heavily hit who were heavily mixed in terms of ethnicity or majority Russian/Russian speaking.

It is only part of the reason why the whole narrative is a mess.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 20:28 on Nov 26, 2022

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Imo a foot wrap is pretty much a rag, rags are an extremely useful tool in a variety of circumstances.

A sock, especially a synthetic one, is totally useless for anything besides being a sock and maybe putting stuff into so you can club people with it.

people can cum in socks and rags, but what are the pros and cons of each

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

speng31b posted:

people can cum in socks and rags, but what are the pros and cons of each

In this essay I will posit a theory of social critique through the use of specific cum receptacles

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
russia should have just ordered a bunch of merino wool socks on black friday, then we wouldnt be having this ridiculous notion of puttin rags on ppl's feet. the socks would have arrives in time for the winter offensives

but they couldnt do that, because of the sanctions. Rip russia

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Really loving the weasel words in Holodomor news stories, "some historians" believe it was a genocide and "Russia claims" a lot of Russians died in the famine as well.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Really loving the weasel words in Holodomor news stories, "some historians" believe it was a genocide and "Russia claims" a lot of Russians died in the famine as well.

just wait until the kholodomor drops

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Modern socks own and are one of the first areas well paid soldiers spend their own money in gear rather than booze or other drugs, regardless of whether issued a sock or a wrap or whatever.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

Modern socks own and are one of the first areas well paid soldiers spend their own money in gear rather than booze or other drugs, regardless of whether issued a sock or a wrap or whatever.

do you have any sources to back up your claim that "socks own" and soldiers love socks?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
is there like a 90 page sock manual

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

no surprise that you're a sock supporter

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it kicks rear end to wear nice socks

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

My socks are marked L and R and sometimes I put them on the wrong foot because I'm a bad boy.

It drives women crazy. Your mom loves it.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

speng31b posted:

do you have any sources to back up your claim that "socks own" and soldiers love socks?

sorry, contextually there's supposed to be a "c" instead of an "s" there. it's clearly a typo and your being lovely for no reason :(

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Zedhe Khoja posted:

sorry, contextually there's supposed to be a "c" instead of an "s" there. it's clearly a typo and your being lovely for no reason :(

im now rereading the last few pages with that as a mental word filter, highly recommend

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

quick everybody post the nsn for their favorite sock

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

speng31b posted:

I was a soldier and I have made love to many socks

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

im now rereading the last few pages with that as a mental word filter, highly recommend

:hmmyes:

Slavvy posted:

A cock, especially a synthetic one, is totally useless for anything besides being a cock and maybe you can club people with it.

fits my needs posted:

is there like a 90 page cock manual

mlmp08 posted:

Modern cocks own and are one of the first areas well paid soldiers spend their own money in gear rather than booze or other drugs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol if you don't own several years' worth of black friday merino wool socks

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

did we have

yet? I don't keep track anymore

speng31b
May 8, 2010

tazjin posted:

did we have

cant see their socks, 3/10

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

if i had the choice i would rather wrap my feet than wear socks if i was trudging around trenches all day, not least because when i get trench foot the medical team can just unwrap my rotten feet rather than deglove everything when they pull off my socks

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

The Voice of Labor posted:

quick everybody post the nsn for their favorite sock

I buy odd socks from the sock factory.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Jel Shaker posted:

if i had the choice i would rather wrap my feet than wear socks if i was trudging around trenches all day, not least because when i get trench foot the medical team can just unwrap my rotten feet rather than deglove everything when they pull off my socks

I think that is part of the idea to be honest. War is like heck or something, I forget what it was.

Americans soldiers can’t get trench foot, you would have to step outside of the Arby’s.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Socks

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

i say swears online posted:

lol if you don't own several years' worth of black friday merino wool socks

hell yeah

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tazjin posted:

did we have

dudes rock

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Perfect gifts for the Holiday season!

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

fits my needs posted:

is there like a 90 page sock manual

Frosted Flake please report on what socks the Canadian Mounties wear or something

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

wool socks suck rear end

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

dieselfruit posted:

no surprise that you're a sock supporter

theyre called sock puppets not sock supporters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Not So Fast posted:

Frosted Flake please report on what socks the Canadian Mounties wear or something

The Canadian Forces Sock System consists of a thin inner black sock and then desert, temperate or arctic outer socks. They have government tags and iirc NSNs so I don’t know if I can find an example without photographing my own underwear drawer, but they come individually wrapped, packaged in cases.

Bands at the top are sizes, red and black are the two larger ones iirc.

e: People love stealing from the government, ebay has the outer layers, at least.

Then, as Commercial Off The Shelf, limited issue items, there are GoreTex waterproof socks and SealSkinz waterpoof cold weather socks

ee: These are the DND pattern GoreTex, but usually commercial Rocky brand ones are given out

eee: and the liners

These all have government tags I’m surprised there’s such a large secondary market…

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 23:59 on Nov 26, 2022