Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Mister Speaker posted:

E: ^^^ drat, great minds think alike.

I initially didn't see that he was replying to some nature account and lost it, but even considering that he is, it's pretty fuckin' sus. What the gently caress is he doing responding to some random-rear end tweet about the wildlife in Madagascar? Waxing philosophical about Earth being isolated just like it? Please. Dollars to doughnuts he was searching for something with 88 in it that was vague enough to still be a dogwhistle, and he found that to quote tweet.

What are some of the other anti-semitic dogwhistles he's used or mouthpieces he's followed? There are definitely others.

It is indeed 'sus'.

(BTW, to goons lost, 'sus' means 'suspicious.' Mister Speaker speaks street.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Nessus posted:

drat, at this rate he's going to actually be SHODAN by Christmas.

more like SHODUMB heh got 'im

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
He should announce a Star Citizen branded Musk-Phone. It will sell non-refundable "Pre Orders" like hot cakes!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Castor Poe posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

I'm glad I stopped watching after season 12.

Didn't he pay for that Simpson episode or like influence them to make this or something? I remember the story being insane.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Castor Poe posted:

They did predict the Tesla tho

I know some people who turned an old BMW into The Homer for the Lemons racing league

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I put my iMusk outside on the windowsill (had to open the blinds for a second, but that's the price of progress) and a cheeky crow saw the shiny and stole it.

The crow was black, of course.

The noble white seagull stole my french fries last time I went outside to sample some exotic cusine, but I respect his go-getter attitude.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

The elon phone will be a midrange whitelabeled android phone that dropships from china, but with no google play services preinstalled.

The out of the box app store will have almost nothing beyond twitter, gab, truth, etc and a bunch of open source apps that grifters compiled from Github and claimed as their own on the fresh app store, all of which will be in violation of the LICENSE files by omitting the contributor list.

Over the next few months every app on the phone's store will get hijacked by crypto scammers and filled with ads via supply chain attacks like the chrome extension store.

I'm only 50/50 as to whether he'll have them do what the chinese eink tablets do and walk you through a clunky way to sideload a (likely trojaned) version of the Google Play store by downloading an APK off an alibaba cloud bucket and sending you to the google account screen to register a developer key. (which they likely steal afterwards)

Infosec mastodon will have a field day and defcon will have an entire track dedicated to it.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Anyway, I bought the Tesla flamethrower unlock to deal with my being bullied by birds problem when I need to go outside like the other peasants.

Mostly works as intended, only one tire fire so far.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Musk spinning the wheel of fortune on what product to develop next and subsequently announcing it to his sycophants to increase stock prices

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

TulliusCicero posted:

Didn't he pay for that Simpson episode or like influence them to make this or something? I remember the story being insane.

he was doing that everywhere at the time, he paid to be in iron man 2 also

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

isnt real astronomy being ruined by Musk's Starlinks and his stupid as gently caress rats keep musk-splaining to real astro scientists? (oh and if the expert happens to be a woman, they then all go mlady your tiny female brain....)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

isnt real astronomy being ruined by Musk's Starlinks and his stupid as gently caress rats keep musk-splaining to real astro scientists? (oh and if the expert happens to be a woman, they then all go mlady your tiny female brain....)

I just read about this: holy poo poo his obsessive narcissism is actually loving ruining the night sky

Dude is an Elden Ring boss IRL

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FirstnameLastname posted:

he was doing that everywhere at the time, he paid to be in iron man 2 also

Justin Hammer was already in that, though.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Rigel posted:

I'm sure 88 million was just a random choice, could have been any number, doesn't mean anything.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596439328338890752

Void of musks

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

PhazonLink posted:

theyve mostly solved the starlink astronomy photobombing issue by adding a nonreflective cover to the side of the satellites facing the earth iirc

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

waffle iron posted:

I am usually big on "never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity", but with Musk it's pretty clear that malice is charting at #1 in most things he does.

I. M. Gei posted:

I dunno, I could totally believe his thoughts and actions are led more by stupidity.

It's both. He's doing both. Malice with the dumbest veneer of subtlety possible.

Robo Reagan posted:

i dont think elon is smart enough for dogwhistles but the nazis he keeps interacting with do. i know ive gotten weird recs for stuff on twitter just based on what someone im following said

Someone nazily sent that tweet in the DMs and asked him to respond to it, and he--like a moron--decided that it was a good idea. Whether or not he got the meaning behind the "88" doesn't really matter at that point.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
lmao what’s the service like on loving Mars lol

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Getting some very strong Three Times One Minus One vibes here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBsE4ICwivA
drat.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Wingnut Ninja posted:

There's also an element of techbro narcissism where they act like their position is the centrist one by default, as all of their opinions are impartially based on pure logic and reason and are not swayed left or right by emotional appeals. This also means that their position is the objectively correct one and there's no reason to engage with other ideas or learn new things.

Yeah, and I don't think it's limited to techbros, either. Everyone has an ideology and political leanings, and reasonable people are aware of this. The most extreme position is that your beliefs are somehow so universal and natural that they are the dead center from which everyone else deviates.

No one is more ideological than the self-avowed centrist because, as you said, they've decided that their position is the objectively correct one.

E:

Chief McHeath posted:

Probably about as good as it'll be on earth, possibly even better because it's a lot harder for things to combust in the atmosphere of Mars.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Has Elon done absolutely anything to benefit South Africa since becoming rich? Like philanthropy or even just opening a factory or an office there that might not exist otherwise?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/nickveniamin/status/1596284403981885440

:lol:
:lmao:
:laffo:

I thought this was a parody at first, but then looked at the rest of the guys tweets.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Just saw this on Netflix

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Rigel posted:

He might run for Senate in Texas someday. Cornyn is getting old.

Chuck Grassley is 89 and just won reelection. "Getting old" in the Senate means at "death's door".

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Has Elon done absolutely anything to benefit South Africa since becoming rich? Like philanthropy or even just opening a factory or an office there that might not exist otherwise?

The dude is famous for going after Bill Gates of all people for even daring to suggest billionares have a responsibility to the world to perform charity: I'm pretty sure the very concept of charity is like a great sin to him.

He also seems pretty Social Darwiny based on his comments about recession ("I welcome it, only the strong will survive!" :wtc:) and you know the Apartheidism.

So absolutely not: who are you to tell him he should?!

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 26, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Tony stark but the Nazi version so all the fake iron man suits that were in the deposition court in iron man 2 are going to be musk's designs.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Automatic Slim posted:

Chuck Grassley is 89 and just won reelection. "Getting old" in the Senate means at "death's door".

Maybe we all need to eat at Dairy Queen more often

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

deoju posted:

https://twitter.com/nickveniamin/status/1596284403981885440

:lmao:
:laffo:

I thought this was a parody at first, but then looked at the rest of the guys tweets.

It’ll be “quantum”? What in the world does that even mean though, and how does any of that other stuff follow? This is a mental leap to mars from Elon’s vague “I may have to” tweet. Impressive, he should start the wiki!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Here is a list of buzzwords I have heard about technology, combined in nonsensical ways:

ElonPhone

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Chief McHeath posted:

depending on orbits earth and mars can be as far as 20-50 light mintutes from each other.

so why things in near planet will have okay lag, earth-mars will be lol.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Congratulations to Elon Musk for utterly destroying the concept of Twitter verified status

Like seriously who the gently caress are these randos?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Steadiman posted:

It’ll be “quantum”? What in the world does that even mean though, and how does any of that other stuff follow? This is a mental leap to mars from Elon’s vague “I may have to” tweet. Impressive, he should start the wiki!

Quantum computers would be a lot more powerful than a regular computer, but they aren't nearly ready and this guy is talking so far out of his rear end.

It's like saying the phones will be powered by fusion reactors.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

TulliusCicero posted:

Congratulations to Elon Musk for utterly destroying the concept of Twitter verified status

Like seriously who the gently caress are these randos?

Temporarily embarrassed captains of industry.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
We should remake the techno babble emote with Musk instead of Geordi.

:techno:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring ElonPhone

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Steadiman posted:

a lotta yall still dont get it

tesla phone holders can use multiple emeralds on a single phone

so if you have 14 tesla credit and 88 emeralds you can create new dog whistles

Tonight's emerald mint event is essentially a minting event for both Tesla Phones and 1488 Special Forces

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Decentralized quantum blockchain phones!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
ElonPhone scans the earth's crust for emeralds then points to the nearest group of children so you can force them to go mining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

xarph posted:

I'm only 50/50 as to whether he'll have them do what the chinese eink tablets do and walk you through a clunky way to sideload a (likely trojaned) version of the Google Play store by downloading an APK off an alibaba cloud bucket and sending you to the google account screen to register a developer key. (which they likely steal afterwards)

This just gave me throwbacks to my last IT job where I was inexplicably cold called/emailed by no name Chinese network gear sellers and decided to be the "procurement manager" and was interested in a quote for 10,000 units of switches or whatever, but we deal with VERY sensitive government data, so we require a promise there are no Chinese government backdoors.

I was assured in all cases there were none, promise! promise!. Phew.

I did manage to get a sample of scrap steel for my totally real steelworks company (of which I was also the procurement manager) shipped overseas at their expense after some negotiation for my steelworks business. When you are asking for several shipping containers full of scrap even those guys get hungry enough to bite.

Figured It was probably not safe to handle or keep around for long so I buried it.