Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
At least he made it to another in his prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ah the Jim Kelley award

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hey I'm not saying that its easy to win a superbowl, but I mean... the fat mike game time decisions that ruined GBs chances.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean QBs winning multiple Super Bowls isn’t terribly common. Hell Payton only got his second ring as a corpse

Also Tom Brady is hogging them all.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BlindSite posted:

Hey I'm not saying that its easy to win a superbowl, but I mean... the fat mike game time decisions that ruined GBs chances.
Also the GB FO's bad drafting decisions. QRon has never thrown a TD to a first round pick except... the corpse of Marcedes Lewis.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Also the GB FO's bad drafting decisions. QRon has never thrown a TD to a first round pick except... the corpse of Marcedes Lewis.

Also Aaron Rodgers destroying the SB team with his poo poo personality, per that SI article a few years ago.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If Tom Brady didn't exist which teams would have benefitted the most?

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Gotta be the Colts or Steelers?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Steelers were knocked out of 3 AFC Championship games by the Pats. Gives 'em probably SB appearances against the '01 Rams, '04 Eagles, '16 Falcons. Probably only favorites in that Eagles matchup though.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah if not for the Pats it's probably the Colts and Steelers going to all those Super Bowls instead.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

A Drew Bledsoe-led Pats.

Also maybe the Chargers would have gotten to a SB

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams were all high draft picks. I would say they were adequate players.

The front office took the direction they did with drafting because of 2011 where the offense was historically effective but the defense was a total disaster after Collins got injured. They kept pouring resources into the defenses but could never get it to all come together, in large part thanks to the FO being far too patient and loyal with their defensive coordinators. Even so the Packers still continued to invest high draft picks into the offense up through 2014 (with Eddie Lacy and Davante Adams both being 2nd-rounders). 2015-2018 was when Thompson stopped doing even that much, and we're still seeing ripple effects from the end of Ted's career.

Losing Nick Collins to a career-ending injury likely was the difference between Rodgers having at least one more ring. Hard to overstate how much that changed the trajectory of the franchise.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

I know everyone likes to poo poo on QAaron now but the fact that GB only got one ring out of one of the best pure passers in NFL history is just as bad.

In back to back careers!

e: well fb of course.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

Also maybe the Chargers would have gotten to a SB
Cant be sure removing Brady also removes the blood curse.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AP_Top25/status/1596303386659344384

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Seems like a good match that will either work out pretty well or will be something I'll get to laugh at for a while.

For the record I'd bet it works out fairly well and Nebraska just becomes a normal team for the first time in a while. Not great, but not hilariously terrible.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Was his Carolina stint so bad that he had to take a worse job than Baylor?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

GD_American posted:

Yes

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Baylor was just coming off of the Briles scandal when Rhule took the job. It wasn’t exactly a desirable job.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Yea rhule never had a super prestigious college job before the panthers

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yea rhule never had a super prestigious college job before the panthers

:drat:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

this is a broken man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlPQZJixFAk&t=463s

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GD_American posted:

It was pretty bad, I mean first year was kind of a bit of a wash but the second was woeful and he didn't learn anything from it heading into the third.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

feels like Harbaugh is in position to look at the NFL again this year if he wants

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if Irsay gave him the offer he was hoping for from the Vikings last year

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if Irsay gave him the offer he was hoping for from the Vikings last year

that'd actually be a great fit, hope that happens now

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

FizFashizzle posted:

this is a broken man

a broken man with broken qbs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

harbaugh to the browns

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Cavauro posted:

harbaugh to the browns

Harbrown

We could get The Harbaugh Bowl twice a year!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was talking about the old browns. harbogh went to them

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Old Harbrowns vs New Harbrowns vs Picksburgh vs the Mighty Young Joes

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He’s been rumored to go to the NFL for years.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1596830048446992384

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Reposting this here because its coach news:
https://twitter.com/Amie_Just/status/1596519688355614721?t=z4ACdANxYFRSl2Z-Ou3qKg&s=19

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Does that get the panthers out of his buyout? Not sure how nfl to ncaa transition works

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pimpcasso posted:

Does that get the panthers out of his buyout? Not sure how nfl to ncaa transition works

they're paying some of it. Not sure how much yet.

Diva Cupcake posted:

He’s been rumored to go to the NFL for years.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1596830048446992384

just in time to join Harbaugh in Carolina.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They’re relieved of almost all of it I guess.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1596885930669150208

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao college coaching is like pure theft isn’t it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao college coaching is like pure theft isn’t it

it actually sucks, you have to spend every loving day texting 17 year-olds and eating poo poo from psychotic Football Dads and getting yelled at by a guy who inherited his grandpa's concrete factory fortune and is now paying your salary, i mean i don't feel bad for them because they are all insane maniacs who should not be allowed to have any responsibility or power over people and they should make like $25 an hour.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

R.D. Mangles posted:

it actually sucks, you have to spend every loving day texting 17 year-olds and eating poo poo from psychotic Football Dads and getting yelled at by a guy who inherited his grandpa's concrete factory fortune and is now paying your salary, i mean i don't feel bad for them because they are all insane maniacs who should not be allowed to have any responsibility or power over people and they should make like $25 an hour.

Yeah I was about to say, give me 9 mil a year and I'll happily smile at some rich gently caress yelling at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

R.D. Mangles posted:

it actually sucks, you have to spend every loving day texting 17 year-olds and eating poo poo from psychotic Football Dads and getting yelled at by a guy who inherited his grandpa's concrete factory fortune and is now paying your salary

This isn’t the sword of Damocles, working class people have to deal with all this and worse and get paid a tiny fraction of what a college coach makes in exchange for that.