Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Other than that, there are puttees, gaiters and NEOs, which are COTS. We also have a mukluk system that can be worn with or without socks.

NEOs are really common this time of year

so are the Outdoor Research gaiters

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 00:04 on Nov 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
the canadian army officer in charge of sock procurement is a lot better than the ones in charge of fighter jets, helicopters or boats procurement

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

you know the adage: an army marches on its feet

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I was praying for FFs pages long sock information packet and he delivered rating thread 10/10

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I was praying for FFs pages long sock information packet and he delivered rating thread 10/10

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wool socks suck rear end

gently caress you

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

іній posted:

Do you see the difference between our "allies" and Putler's leadership?

The FBI put out an APB on the thug Prigozhin, and the Moksha just whacked Makei, one of the few Belarusians who had influence over the mad Luka, and delayed Bulboland's entry into World War III as best he could.

"Think different", mhmm.
(from t.me/ice_inii/886, via tgsa)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t know who Ihin is or what that means

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bulboland for example is made up I think

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Makei was the foreign minister of Belarus (bulboland), who was announced dead today at the age of 65 without any more details. He was considered pro-western, or at least had a hand in Belarus maintaining neutrality between Russia and EU. Whether he kept Lukashenko (Luka) out of the war and was assassinated for it or not is speculation.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Frosted Flake posted:

so are the Outdoor Research gaiters

Nearly 20 years later I find out "Outdoor Research" was the BRAND name of the useless loving gloves on my gear list that did not provide any warmth, grip, or protection from concertina.

I didn't know what I was supposed to be researching and I was too afraid to ask.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
My o/r stuff is top notch winter gear, like for real

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wool socks suck rear end

????????????

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I have some merino wool socks. They are the only ones that have giant holes after 1 years of regular wear. Didn't even wear them on hikes.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

The Canadian Forces Sock System consists of a thin inner black sock and then desert, temperate or arctic outer socks. They have government tags and iirc NSNs so I don’t know if I can find an example without photographing my own underwear drawer, but they come individually wrapped, packaged in cases.

Bands at the top are sizes, red and black are the two larger ones iirc.

e: People love stealing from the government, ebay has the outer layers, at least.

Then, as Commercial Off The Shelf, limited issue items, there are GoreTex waterproof socks and SealSkinz waterpoof cold weather socks

ee: These are the DND pattern GoreTex, but usually commercial Rocky brand ones are given out

eee: and the liners

These all have government tags I’m surprised there’s such a large secondary market…

The Canadian Forces Sock System

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
Sock Doctrine

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Slava Holodormor'mass

Not sure if I'm remembering correctly

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Russia continues to be not-great at the whole "killing Azov Nazis" thing, I'm afraid:

https://twitter.com/KramarenkoMari3/status/1596521737893867520

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Isizzlehorn posted:

Slava Holodormor'mass

Not sure if I'm remembering correctly

You forgot one part of the spell - have to wave your harry potter wand when saying it.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Russia continues to be not-great at the whole "killing Azov Nazis" thing, I'm afraid:

https://twitter.com/KramarenkoMari3/status/1596521737893867520

wonder if it's Wagner handing these guys back? a nazi love story

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I guess they should follow the Ukrainian example and execute people instead of wasting time taking prisoners.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

Honor among thieves. You love to see it.

Lostconfused posted:

I guess they should follow the Ukrainian example and execute people instead of wasting time taking prisoners.

I dunno, Ukraine seems to be able to cough up enough prisoners in these exchanges.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

A Bakers Cousin posted:

My o/r stuff is top notch winter gear, like for real

I got some nice rain jackets from them and a sun hoody that i really like. They were good about the warranty on the rain jacket, the liner had some delamonation on the hood's liner after 3 years and they gave me a full refund

Cuttlefush posted:

Sock Doctrine

Sock and awe

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

speng31b posted:

TrackANaziMerc posted:

Last week Azov forces came to reinforce Artemovsk Frontline.

One prominent Azov Nazi called Vadim Lysenkov posted five days ago proudly in front of Artemovsk (Bakhmut) entrance.

Today he was eliminated by Wagner.
(from t.me/TrackAMerc/1674, via tgsa)

Wagner blows them up when they show up in their area. AFAICT it's more that Ukraine seems to consider them more valuable than 5-day TDF cannon fodder which is why they get exchanged for Russian POWs.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Danann posted:

Wagner blows them up when they show up in their area. AFAICT it's more that Ukraine seems to consider them more valuable than 5-day TDF cannon fodder which is why they get exchanged for Russian POWs.

makes sense.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Majorian posted:

I dunno, Ukraine seems to be able to cough up enough prisoners in these exchanges.
That's obvious enough.

But maybe they only wants the nazis back.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/witte_sergei/status/1596526982216712192

the light construction tradeoff of the m777 made it into the nyt

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

OctaMurk posted:

Sock and awe

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Danann posted:

(from t.me/TrackAMerc/1674, via tgsa)

Lol look at the first guys lil baby head

speng31b
May 8, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

Lol look at the first guys lil baby head

thats the secret to living free of fear

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Those mercs all look like they lift weights. Not sure whether that's good

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Those mercs all look like they lift weights. Not sure whether that's good

that's always good, op

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/I_Katchanovski/status/1596150133603045384

not naming a street after a nazi: difficulty ukraine

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/I_Katchanovski/status/1596150133603045384

not naming a street after a nazi: difficulty ukraine

my commute was hosed today because they shut down Hitler Fwy for construction. had to cut across Goebbels Pkwy

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

my commute was hosed today because they shut down Hitler Fwy for construction. had to cut across Goebbels Pkwy

I tried to get off on Skorzeny Blvd and just take surface streets, big mistake.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/David_Mulroney/status/1596463220847702017

https://twitter.com/covert_intel/status/1596446823446896640

the derangement over Huawei continues to be one of the funniest things to me. worst case scenario they're barely even in the top 10 of garbage Android phone OEMs who are basically just shipping piles of malware

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Majorian posted:

I tried to get off on Skorzeny Blvd and just take surface streets, big mistake.

that at least takes you by the mussolini gas station which is a great place to hang out

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

that at least takes you by the mussolini gas station which is a great place to hang out

Oh yeah, the burger stand there? loving undiscovered gem, and cheap!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

speng31b posted:

Not Ukrainian enough. While some nationalists do love nazis, the streets get named after distinctly Ukrainian losers like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olena_Teliha and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleh_Olzhych who managed to piss off the other OUN factions and actual nazis enough that they got executed before even the soviets showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Are there any places that name streets while sentences? Like "Lincoln was a good guy" avenue?