Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh I guess they think all dark olives are the same right?

loving olive racist.

edit: omg horrible snipe

I don't get olives on pizza anymore. Black olives are ok but green olives are just too salty for me now. When I was a kid I used to put whole black olives on my fingertips. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Now, now. They are functionally the same thing.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The most important attribute of pizza olives is canned vs fresh. There is more taste difference between a canned black olive and a fresh black olive than between a fresh kalamata and a fresh black olive.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I solve this issue by not getting olives on my pizza.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
canned black olives are the devil's turds.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lego tires! Also the correct Greek pizza olives are specifically purple in color

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

precision posted:

The fact that Oregon's favorite pizza topping is black olive explains so much, and yet is so inexplicable

That's like saying your favorite pink floyd album is the division bell

I live in Oregon and I can promise you it's not

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

EEKA GEEK posted:

The most important attribute of pizza olives is canned vs fresh. There is more taste difference between a canned black olive and a fresh black olive than between a fresh kalamata and a fresh black olive.

wtf

the canning process is what makes black olives black

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Black Olive (2022) - Best of Cannes Award

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

wtf

the canning process is what makes black olives black

Wait, what. My understanding was the fermentation and process makes black olives darker and changes texture and flavor, but ripe olives are dark in color and can and are served as such. Green olives are unripe, but humans like the flavor.

Paging an olive goon.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

How Black Olives are Produced

quote:

Green table olives are treated with lye to make them ready to eat, whereas black olives are treated by oxidation, which makes them go black. Both these processes respect the olive’s nutritional properties, although these vary between green olives and black olives.

The main difference between the properties of green and black olives is the salt and iron content, which changes after the oxidation process. Black olives contain less salt and more iron than green olives, which makes them healthier and great food for helping to prevent and treat anemia.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

Domino's 3-topping for $7.99 is basically unbeatable. Way better quality than Costco or Little Caesar's but still cheap as hell.

Pre-pandemic sams club pizza ruled and was the best large pizza you could get for $7

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Barudak posted:

Paging an olive goon.

No don't summon him here :ohdear:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Three Olives is a treasure.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

They can be artifically blackened. Tomatos can also be artificially "reddened". :ssh:

Anyway, Kalamata olive supremacy.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Post the worst pizza ever in this thread: Kalamata Democracy

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Sorry but the current thread title is unbeatable

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

itry posted:

1kg of cheese is definitely too much cheese.

What's this red stuff and why is it there?

:barf:

Pan fried yoga mat

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5lkKnQgonw

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

It's genuinely kinda crazy how ubiquitous pizza has become in American pop and food culture considering it only really became a thing in the 1950s. Pizza is probably one of the most notable marketing success stories of the twentieth century imo

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

It's good, op

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

free hubcaps posted:

It's genuinely kinda crazy how ubiquitous pizza has become in American pop and food culture considering it only really became a thing in the 1950s. Pizza is probably one of the most notable marketing success stories of the twentieth century imo

Literally evergreen, let us revisit the halcyon days of 1959:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm terrified of New Thing, and that makes me angry! :argh:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how that last gag is just "pizzas are round! haha some other things are also round!"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

It's "Post the worst pizza", not "Post the worst pizza comics".

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
when people did this kind of thing about cars, at least it was because cars will murder you. embrace the pizza o salary man.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

free hubcaps posted:

My great-grandmother, as the wife of a mine foreman, befriended a lot of recent immigrant employees and their wives. Apparently when the womenfolk exchanged recipes, my great grandma learned how to make pizza, and regularly served it about twenty years before it became a Thing

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Literally evergreen, let us revisit the halcyon days of 1959:

Wow, that wasn't funny at all.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
They should call it BAD Magazine.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AAAAAWTFAAAAA/status/1595583557384212481?s=20&t=MVn17k8sCPAKwwnaA3wTzQ

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Curious about the bacon and caramelized onion ketchup

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

What's like... going on with the whole idea of slices of hard-boiled eggs on pizza? I'm all about odd toppings, but that one is even beyond me.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

EconDad posted:

What's like... going on with the whole idea of slices of hard-boiled eggs on pizza? I'm all about odd toppings, but that one is even beyond me.

It would absolutely have to be that some people like it.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

CumBlast Radius Jr posted:

It would absolutely have to be that some people like it.

*writes notes in pizza diary*

*puts notebook on pizza-themed shelf*

NO EGGS ON THEMED SHELF

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i just introduced a friend for the first time tonight our lord, our worship, the mestre da pizza

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

And what did he say

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

And what did he say

If they praised the Mestre, glory be unto them.

If they blasphemed, they go into the trash, and we all know where the trash goes.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

And what did he say

"why"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I used to work at a greek restaurant. I have eaten all the black olives I need to