Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

he's such a joke that I think I just found official art of him in a coffin lol

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I think he's better in the remakes. Can equip better items or something like that?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

God I can't wait for DQ12... had a look at the release schedule of the mainline games there and they've all come out at most 5 years apart so this will be the longest we've ever waited between a real DQ. that means it must be the best one yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope it has a job system and it's 300 hours long.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

worst dq party member...probably the prince.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

One of the very few things they've actually confirmed is the return of the job system, so get hype.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

now that thanksgiving is said and done I'm committing to the year of dragon quest

almost picked this one lol, maybe next time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

if it werent almost christmas i'd do a puffpuff av. january first...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Got the ship in DQ2 and just made it to the DQ1 continent whereby it started playing the DQ1 overworld theme… this must have been mind-blowing back in the day

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It was mindblowing back in the 4 days ago when I got there

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

now that thanksgiving is said and done I'm committing to the year of dragon quest

almost picked this one lol, maybe next time

Looking sharp!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Got the ship in DQ2 and just made it to the DQ1 continent whereby it started playing the DQ1 overworld theme… this must have been mind-blowing back in the day

Yeah I love that moment

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

In Training posted:

hell yeah

Plebian Parasite posted:

One of the very few things they've actually confirmed is the return of the job system, so get hype.

hell yeah!

oh hell yeah!!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I hope its an MMO :devil:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

very well. got the SNES version up and running.

the intro to this game is beautiful

if you liked dq 1 and 2, 3 is going to blow your loving mind

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

I hope its an MMO :devil:

Speaking of I wonder if that DQX offline edition they announced is coming west

EDIT: Apparently it already came out two months ago in Japan :stare:

Pablo Nergigante fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 27, 2022

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Speaking of I wonder if that DQX offline edition they announced is coming west

EDIT: Apparently it already came out two months ago in Japan :stare:

it's not. BUT i think its asia english!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It seems like no, it's been out now for a couple months, no mention from squenix. Maybe at game awards :pray:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

tim rogers said dq games are good for learning japanese, I might try 3 or 9

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Picked a Jester for my DQ3 party, I'll replace him with a thief if I end up regretting it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Picked a Jester for my DQ3 party, I'll replace him with a thief if I end up regretting it

get him to level 20 and make him into a sage for free

idk if they tell you this or if its spoilers I'm sorry.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think they just say it's worth levelling them up and don't say what the reward is. But it's a fully sick reward.

I went with Hero/Martial Artist/Thief/Priest when I played 3 and made the same party in 9 yesterday. Wondering if this game will have a temple of dharma or if it'll be more like 3.

In Training fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 27, 2022

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I have Joker 1 and 2 and 2023 will be the year I play them

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

It was mindblowing back in the 4 days ago when I got there

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

started on the SNES port of dq2 immediately after finishing 1. I've only ever played 1 before this, so I'm really looking forward to 3-5.

2 is great, a really nice upgrade on everything from the first game. I'm currently en route to the sea cave for the eye of malroth, should hopefully finish up the game this weekend.

should i play the SNES port of 3 or just go with the original for my first playthrough?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

tmfc posted:

started on the SNES port of dq2 immediately after finishing 1. I've only ever played 1 before this, so I'm really looking forward to 3-5.

2 is great, a really nice upgrade on everything from the first game. I'm currently en route to the sea cave for the eye of malroth, should hopefully finish up the game this weekend.

should i play the SNES port of 3 or just go with the original for my first playthrough?

I’m doing the same thing and I’m planning to try the snes port of 3, it looks great

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

herculon posted:

I have Joker 1 and 2 and 2023 will be the year I play them

The DQ Monsters games are like a jillion times harder than the base games, it's great.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

it's not. BUT i think its asia english!

its not. also the offline version is hideous and it was made by some clowns at bamco. AND it only covers the free mmo content, the rest of the offline version is going to be 40-50 dollar dlc. garbage!

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

tmfc posted:

SNES port of 3 for the QOL changes and animations in battle

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the original 3 (and 4) on nes are pretty chill. much easier to get into than nes 2 imo. the snes port of 3 is great too tho.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love dragon quest but maybe not enough to play an offline port of a Wii MMO

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I love dragon quest but maybe not enough to play an offline port of a Wii MMO

I love it enough

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

thx all, i will continue w/the snes ports for 3 and move to the NES version for 4

just got through the cave to rhone. very steep increase in enemy difficulty as soon as you exit the cave, gonna grind for a bit before i move on to the last castle.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tmfc posted:

thx all, i will continue w/the snes ports for 3 and move to the NES version for 4

just got through the cave to rhone. very steep increase in enemy difficulty as soon as you exit the cave, gonna grind for a bit before i move on to the last castle.

That part is brutal, nothing much you can do to deal with it than just grind in that area

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

I love it enough

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

have the next two days off work, going to ignore every errand and responsibility to drink beer and plow thru the rest of II and start III

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just reached alltrades abbey :lfg: :cheerdoge: :dukedoge:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

have the next two days off work, going to ignore every errand and responsibility to drink beer and plow thru the rest of II and start III

What happened to your av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I got the tude now posted:

What happened to your av

im endorsing Trump 2024 now