Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I’ve played a _lot_ of aram games and you should never surrender - especially with the changes over the last couple years you’ll either lose naturally or win a team fight and win

The most annoying loss is having no turrets and a shaco or twitch on the enemy team where you have to have at least one person babysit the nexus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I only surrender in ARAM when I determine winning will be more obnoxious than just moving on to the next game. Certain comps simply cannot deal with Teemo mining every corner of the bridge.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

I’ve played a _lot_ of aram games and you should never surrender - especially with the changes over the last couple years you’ll either lose naturally or win a team fight and win

The most annoying loss is having no turrets and a shaco or twitch on the enemy team where you have to have at least one person babysit the nexus

if your objective is to win as much as possible sure but if its to have fun then some games just aren't worth it

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

CODChimera posted:

if your objective is to win as much as possible sure but if its to have fun then some games just aren't worth it

Yeah but when you see the loading screen and think “welp were hosed” you either lose in like 12 minutes or have some amazing turn of fortune

It’s not fun to get annihilated in 12 minutes but it’s like 12 minutes.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

honk honk this champ rules

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
So fun that they removed dominion, 3v3, never developed bot games , never made doom bots a permanent thing.

There is literally no place to just have some chill games, it's either go all out or get hosed.

Riot doubling down on the hyper competitive mentality and telling every casual player to pound sand is unironically the biggest thing I loathe about this game.
So many people I know IRL gave the game up or won't touch it to save their life because of this poo poo mentality.
I could understand on a game that was ALREADY just a hyper competitive grognardfest....but league had options before?

Sample_text fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 27, 2022

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Sample_text posted:

So fun that they removed dominion, 3v3, never developed bot games , never made doom bots a permanent thing.

There is literally no place to just have some chill games, it's either go all out or get hosed.

Riot doubling down on the hyper competitive mentality and telling every casual player to pound sand is unironically the biggest thing I loathe about this game.
So many people I know IRL gave the game up or won't touch it to save their life because of this poo poo mentality.
I could understand on a game that was ALREADY just a hyper competitive grognardfest....but league had options before?

I used to play on PC like a decade ago, I recently got into Wild Rift and I assumed Dominion and Twisted Treeline were just not ported to phone yet and were coming in the future. :smith:

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Sample_text posted:

Sounds like you should play Wild Rift or other mobile mobas, I've seen people say good things about Pokemon Unite

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wild Rift is good and has changes that are baffling they are still not part of PC

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Sample_text posted:

ARAM is the chill game mode, unfortunately, and I guess URF mode or Doombots or the other limited-time games. I only play ARAMs nowadays, and I seriously miss the more complex game on Summoner's Rift, too. My dream game mode would be 5v5 with some of the resource changes from ARAM so games don't go much longer than 15 minutes.

I played a lot of Pokemon Unite back when it was released, and although I don't really recommend it -- the developers don't really care about supporting a proper competitive MOBA -- the matches have a 10-minute time limit that seems almost the perfect length for a game like this.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Nexus Blitz almost worked for that, but the matchmaking was dogshit and mini games at times felt too swingy, which I guess they have to be with 15 minute game times

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dominion and 3v3 were just as grognardy as Summoner's Rift.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

just play the game u loving geek lol

strong bird
May 12, 2009

uhhhhhh im afraid of 'grognard' (STOP using fake words) and cant play a video game on the internet lol. shut da gently caress up and play or dont play

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Phenotype posted:

ARAM is the chill game mode, unfortunately, and I guess URF mode or Doombots or the other limited-time games. I only play ARAMs nowadays, and I seriously miss the more complex game on Summoner's Rift, too. My dream game mode would be 5v5 with some of the resource changes from ARAM so games don't go much longer than 15 minutes.

I played a lot of Pokemon Unite back when it was released, and although I don't really recommend it -- the developers don't really care about supporting a proper competitive MOBA -- the matches have a 10-minute time limit that seems almost the perfect length for a game like this.

Smite's Arena mode is great for this. 5v5 with buffs, get to play whatever you'd like with backing and shopping. But it's still pretty chill and fun.

Assassins are terrible in that mode though since in Smite assassins are junglers and if there's no way to get flanks they have a pretty rough time

henkman posted:

Nexus Blitz almost worked for that, but the matchmaking was dogshit and mini games at times felt too swingy, which I guess they have to be with 15 minute game times

Nexus Blitz is so close to the perfect mode for me. If they tightened up the minigames a bit, for example not allowing the targets you have to kill in some minigames to be in the enemies protected jungle and such, I honestly don't think I'd ever go back to SR if it was available permanently

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 27, 2022

strong bird
May 12, 2009

like if u think ur gonna be the only 'casual' moron in ur games youre insane. half the people that play this game do it by rote to pass the time. if you want to play then play. if you dont want to play and just wanted to wring ur hands about something then stfu! love ya and god bless!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Play to win

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
People are going to try to win but also people are really bad at games, just play and enjoy yourself

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Are these "grognards" in the room with you now?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I guess the question is what specifically is so bothersome about this, more than some vague frustration about Tryhards In My Games. If it's people whining in chat, just mute all? There's enough tools to curate your experience in the game now that this comes off like a pretty self-imposed issue

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

strong bird posted:

uhhhhhh im afraid of 'grognard' (STOP using fake words) and cant play a video game on the internet lol. shut da gently caress up and play or dont play

strong bird posted:

strong bird posted:

like if u think ur gonna be the only 'casual' moron in ur games youre insane. half the people that play this game do it by rote to pass the time. if you want to play then play. if you dont want to play and just wanted to wring ur hands about something then stfu! love ya and god bless!

"Clicks on rap sheet out of curiosity"
Last probate is from this very thread with:

strong bird posted:

personally, i dont like senna because shes black

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stay classy goon.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Sample_text posted:

Stay classy goon.

Hey can you post your League rap sheet right quick?

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Rygar201 posted:

Hey can you post your League rap sheet right quick?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Sample_text posted:

Stay classy goon.

lol that u got owned so u went to my rap sheet. keep looking theres a lot of good stuff in there. see if u can learn to post better. ya dumb bitch

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

strong bird posted:

lol that u got owned so u went to my rap sheet. keep looking theres a lot of good stuff in there. see if u can learn to post better. ya dumb bitch

Imagine being racist and bragging about it.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

someone get this dude hooked on phonics lol. brother gets told 'context clue' he thinks its a board game lol

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Sample_text please stop making all the people who correctly dunk on that dogshit strongbird post embarrassed by association. thank you

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Now post your perma banned notice :)

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

don't you literally start at 3 and have to get in trouble to drop to 2

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

No you start at 2, but you gain a checkpoint for every level above 2 in the previous season. So if you’re honor 5 you’ll start at 2-3 and hit 3 almost immediately.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

im honour 4, making me the best. anyone with higher honour than me is a suck up to riot and anyone below is a dishonourable scumbag gently caress bastard

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
strong bird rules

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

rammus with 24k dmg on thornmail, 56k overall and the second highest behind 60k

is that normal

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

it's ok

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

CODChimera posted:

rammus with 24k dmg on thornmail, 56k overall and the second highest behind 60k

is that normal

Ok

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I started playing League of Legends after watching the World Finals, and I'm almost at level 30 and getting to play my placement matches. It turns out this game is pretty cool, and I shouldn't have avoided it for 12 years.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I started playing League of Legends after watching the World Finals, and I'm almost at level 30 and getting to play my placement matches. It turns out this game is pretty cool, and I shouldn't have avoided it for 12 years.

:2monocle:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
idk i can say my life actively got worse when I started playing league
that or doing weed idk

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
league is a million times worse for you than weed ever could be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Remarkably, in unranked games I've had more positive experiences with others than negative experiences. I can't wait to see how that changes when I'm in Iron or Bronze.