Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Well, piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

game’s gone

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

They're actually not too bad them Glazers they should stick around now they've finally decided to appoint a coach and give him backing, see the fruits of their labour green and gold please don't be sold etc

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ESPN has a rumor of Pulisic to Man U in January, which I hope happens for maximum comedy.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

qirex posted:

ESPN has a rumor of Pulisic to Man U in January, which I hope happens for maximum comedy.

Thank god ESPN is pretty much the least reliable source in the world, that would be awful

E: And it's Ogden for added "lol no"

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I like the Gakpo or Leao rumors a lot more

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

He was rumored to go to Newcastle in the summer because he hadn't gotten much playing time, which was funny then, and would've been moreso now since they're doing much better than Chelsea and he wouldn't get into their team either

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020
Hello,

Goddamnedtwisto passed away earlier this year. He was in his forties.

On the forums he frequently shared his obscure knowledge of telecommunications, the cold war, and East London political/football/music history; to go with his unique voice and sense of humour. In real life, as well as his much-loved and shared dog and bikes, he had a family who miss him as do his friends from his involvement in the creative scene in London, which I don't think was as well-known here if at all.

I remember how much he treasured his privacy - thus being slightly less detailed than one would expect - but thought people should know. I'm putting this message in a few of the subforums he regularly posted in. I knew him slightly in real life; the lockdowns unfortunately put us out of contact a bit; but from his obituaries it was clear he had extended a helping hand and wisdom to others as he had here over the years.

Rest in peace mate.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That's very sad to hear. I loved reading his effort-posting over the years. RIP to a good one.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nutapii posted:

Hello,

On the forums he frequently shared his obscure knowledge of telecommunications, the cold war, and East London political/football/music history; to go with his unique voice and sense of humour. In real life, as well as his much-loved and shared dog and bikes, he had a family who miss him as do his friends from his involvement in the creative scene in London, which I don't think was as well-known here if at all.

I remember how much he treasured his privacy - thus being slightly less detailed than one would expect - but thought people should know. I'm putting this message in a few of the subforums he regularly posted in. I knew him slightly in real life; the lockdowns unfortunately put us out of contact a bit; but from his obituaries it was clear he had extended a helping hand and wisdom to others as he had here over the years.

Rest in peace mate.

drat, RIP. He was a good PL poster and always seemed like a decent guy and he'll be missed. I'm very sorry to hear it.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ah jesus :(

Remember him from way back in the UK thread in LF and don't think I ever skipped one of his posts about some mad poo poo I'd never heard of. Always informative or entertaining and always had something to say about west ham that was worth a read. One of my TRP faves and when he went quiet a while ago I just assumed he got fed up of posting. That news has actually hit me harder than I thought it would

I met a couple of LF goons but don't think he was one of them, either way just from his posts he seemed like a lovely fella who never had a malicious or unpleasant post in him. RIP mate, you'll be missed by me and I bet a lot of TRP and D&D regulars

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Nutapii posted:

Hello,

Rest in peace mate.

Awwww man RIP :smith:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Well that loving sucks, RIP twisto and best wishes and condolences to their family and friends.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
West ham now have to win the conference league or David Moyes will be added to the permaban list

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Nutapii posted:

Hello,

Rest in peace mate.

God drat it. That's horrible. :(

He was a great poster. Thanks for letting us know.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Nutapii posted:

Hello,

Rest in peace mate.

RIP to a good one, that's some sad news but thank you for sharing it. He always seemed like a sound bloke who was really into a bunch of very different things and his posts were always worth reading.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
ugh :( RIP, he seemed like a very knowledgeable and interesting person who shared a lot of that wisdom with the forums

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
That sucks. Condolences to yourself and his family/friends. GDT came across as a really smart guy and his posts were a good read.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
That’s awful to hear. I always enjoyed his posts whether they were about football or politics or otherwise massively obscure subjects I would never in a million years have researched myself.
Seemed like a decent chap. Thanks for letting the forum know.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Ah gently caress, rip twisto. I have thought about him a lot since he stopped posting in April. We've lost a fascinating and insightful person.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Yeah, that sucks :(

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gently caress, :rip:. he was a real good poster

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Pour out a bovril for a real one

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

RIP Twisto, a good poster gone too soon.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

:negative:

quote:

Arsenal's Premier League title hopes were dealt a major blow on Tuesday after it was confirmed striker Gabriel Jesus has undergone knee surgery with sources telling ESPN the striker could be sidelined for around three months.

The 25-year-old suffered medial ligament damage in his right knee during Brazil's World Cup group stage defeat to Cameroon last Friday which prematurely ended his involvement at the finals in Qatar.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

rut-roh

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sure as the sun rises, Arsenal were going to lose someone important at this World Cup it was just a question of who. Arsenal fans should be glad it wasn't Martinelli and only their 1 in 5 striker.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The World Cup meaning football was paused for a month could also help out if they can sign somebody in January, because then they wouldn't have to play too many games without Jesus.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Signing someone isn't that easy though. Who's going to be both worth signing but also happy coming knowing that in a couple of months he's benched? I wouldn't be surprised if recalling Balogun is the solution.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Masonity posted:

Signing someone isn't that easy though. Who's going to be both worth signing but also happy coming knowing that in a couple of months he's benched? I wouldn't be surprised if recalling Balogun is the solution.

Go for somebody young and ambitious who thinks that over the next three months they can establish themself as first choice and keep Jesus on the bench when he returns.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Who is this mythical "young ambitious and totally available in Jan for a fee Arsenal will pay" player?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Who is this mythical "young ambitious and totally available in Jan for a fee Arsenal will pay" player?

Anybody under 25 who scored a few goals at the World Cup lmao

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Nketiah is on like 100k a week. It’s his chance to step up and I don’t think Arteta will end up signing anyone. It’s more likely I think that they will strengthen the other positions.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Masonity posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if recalling Balogun is the solution.

This is what I would prefer, but the loan doesnt allow this. But maybe possible if they renegotiate?

Also, when smith-rowe is fit, we will probably try Matinelli in the center.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Congrats to Cody Gabbo on winning the James Rodriguez award for outstanding achievement in the field of rinsing some gullible chairman

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

Congrats to Cody Gabbo on winning the James Rodriguez award for outstanding achievement in the field of rinsing some gullible chairman

Gakpo and Ramos getting in a bidding war for who gets to be James Rodriguez

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

As a non-Dutch person Ramos is far less likely to turn out to be a fraud who can’t hack it in a big league.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Masonity posted:

I’ve heard Big Chris Ronaldo is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i imagine Arsenal is gonna sign that Mudryk guy, play him on the left and play Martinelli up front if they need a backup for Nketiah