Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXKnvr45RYs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Just had the displeasure of running into three daemonhosts in a single game.
I only survived thanks to my ogryn shield.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z5h8zv/fatshark_please_fix_this/

Well, glad to know I haven't been hallucinating these. I guess I can see why the game does it, but it does feel a bit much at the moment and I'm really hoping it's a bug. VT had a lot of "turn around and get stabbed in the rear end" moments, but nothing as ridiculous as this, especially without any obvious spawn points close by.

Yeah I just saw a groaner pop into existence behind the turned backs of my other teammates and make zero noise as it went up to smash the back of their skulls in. Extremely not cool to have in the game, IMO, at least at that level.

Orv fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 27, 2022

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Ssthalar posted:

oh god there was a game I had where it was just constant daemonhosts. At one point I was killed and, of course, it respawned me directly next to one :shepicide:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Qmass posted:

they will have to nerf the power sword. its fucken stupid. I just hope that it being that good doesn't get vet nerfed in other ways that it shouldn't

It's the most powerful melee weapon in all the tide games with unlimited cleave and enough damage to 1 shot every basic enemy and seriously hurt and stagger elites it touches, that said, I hope they tune it down but make the other charge-up weapons behave like it does, I don't like any of the chainswords or force sword chargeups outside of hitting a solo big guy because they end up just getting stuck on something and playing their fancy little animations as you get punched in the face unable to do anything for a second.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
The Daemonhost reminds me of pre-nerf Hans Volter from Killing Floor 2, though not nearly as bad.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Qmass posted:

they will have to nerf the power sword. its fucken stupid. I just hope that it being that good doesn't get vet nerfed in other ways that it shouldn't

They should buff it more and then buff everything else so its about as good as it used to be.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ssthalar posted:

I feel like this is going to be a stealth upgrade to the viability of Ogryn because the only people I've seem be able to tank a Daemonhost at all have been ogryns. Dodge tanking is just too hard with something so aggressive and also capable of teleporting for the first hit, and ogryn's shield and high stagger helps.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Excuse me while I cackle maniacally.

Context: Bleeds currently trigger Haymaker. Literally everything you do with your knife out triggers Lacerate; lights, heavies, pushes, block-pushes, grenades.

No this will not survive.

Oh also if you hit a barrel with it the barrel will spread the bleeds to any teammates it hits and eventually instakill them. This is not something I want to do, I'm not the griefing type but it is practically inevitable.

https://i.imgur.com/BgmU8ec.mp4

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 27, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Real Cool Catfish posted:

The charge isn’t for dealing with hordes. That’s for single target ragdolling. Pair it with a horde clearing range weapon (flamerrrr). Chained heavy attacks work fine for hordes in any case.

I didn't say it was for dealing with hordes, it just feels lovely. And it's actively bad at trying to single elites out of a horde because of how easily a poxwalker cam throw itself into your attack and nullify a charge.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How is that a human-sized enemy?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Qmass posted:

What if they buffed everything else to be just as awesome? Makes you think!

Is there a huge difference between manufacturers of the same weapon type? I'm really digging the recon lasgun on my veteran but I wish it did a tad bit more damage. Any of the different manufacturers or models do more damage than the others?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How can space dogs be human-sized if ogryns aren’t human-sized?

Real talk it’s just completely broken at the moment.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Eh, fits the lore; the Imperium considers Ogryn to be close enough to count as human.

:v:

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Just think of them as Norf FC fans.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Is there a huge difference between manufacturers of the same weapon type? I'm really digging the recon lasgun on my veteran but I wish it did a tad bit more damage. Any of the different manufacturers or models do more damage than the others?

vid has the highest firerate and highest dps potential, the viia uses two ammo per shot and has the most punch through. It seems like every variant has small differences in base function thats entirely different from their rolled stats.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Exodee posted:

They work well for knocking down hordes, but will only really kill to one pox walker at a time while tickling the rest. Not just that but the knocked down zombies being scattered all over the place can be downright detrimental, since there's a good chance one gets knocked down behind you and hit you in the back after it stands up.
It's also terrible at dealing with hordes mixed with elites, as unlike with the Eviscerator or Power Sword you have no good way to guarantee that your special attack hits the target you want.

Don't get me wrong, I really wanted the Thunder Hammer to be good but it just doesn't cut the mustard on Heresy+. All it really does well is take down monstrosities, which is alright I guess but that's like 5% of a run.

yeah, i got a hammer yesterday and while it feels great to smush with, it feels far less effective than the two handed chainsaw

that, and it took me a couple missions to realize having boltgun + hammer really sucks when a horde's noshing on my face

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

A couple of combat barks I noticed today.

Psyker- "worship me or die!" She also referred to the Emperor as "the Carrion Emperor" in a dialogue

Zealot- "blood for the Emperor, skulls for the golden throne!"(variation of the famous Khornate "blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne")

:ninja::devil::ninja::devil::ninja::devil:

https://twitter.com/mcnostrilcom/status/1582442802239004672

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oh hey, I guess one of the patches turned down the awful peril warning sounds at some point. cool now i can go back to head popping without going insane irl :toot:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Jimbot posted:

that is always the dream. im yet to experience it. I would also rather they nerf the power sword than nerf vet...

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Qmass posted:

that is always the dream. im yet to experience it. I would also rather they nerf the power sword than nerf vet...

It's more of an issue that you can buff everything else to bring it up to the OP weapon but then something has to give on the other side to balance it out. You can only physically fit so many enemies on the front line before they start body blocking each other so it becomes a matter of boosting health, which makes buffs irrelevant, boosting damage and making each hit to players much more damaging, or boosting special spawn rate which is already absurd on higher levels. Imo it's better to give side grades if you can.

I mean even in this thread people have been complaining that the game is easier than VT as it stands now.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I honestly don't think I could play a load out that didn't have the ability to solve snipers on its own. I still think they're the nastiest special if they spawn at a distance when you're in the open

Estel
May 4, 2010

Ssthalar posted:

None of the daemonhosts I've found where blocking a path, all of them could be surrounded and ignored. Don't know if it's always like that but in the last 2 games I played we didn't have an Ogryn so we just went around it and continued forward.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Estel posted:

None of the daemonhosts I've found where blocking a path, all of them could be surrounded and ignored. Don't know if it's always like that but in the last 2 games I played we didn't have an Ogryn so we just went around it and continued forward.

The first one we ran into I knew exactly what it was but the one pub in our group basically walked up and kicked it in the shins immediately and it wiped the team because I don't think anybody was truly ready for that fight.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

I mean even in this thread people have been complaining that the game is easier than VT as it stands now.

but what if hypothetically some of us are bads that want more power fantasy?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

the game has 5 difficulty levels, I'm sure there's a comfort zone in there for everyone

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

terrorist ambulance posted:

I honestly don't think I could play a load out that didn't have the ability to solve snipers on its own. I still think they're the nastiest special if they spawn at a distance when you're in the open

One of them sniped me off a rotating bridge on the new map then my squad wiped trying to jump back down to get me :( felt guilty but I didn’t even notice him before getting headshot

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
After having got Veteran to 30, I tried Zealot and it didn't feel very fun. Basically the same as veteran, but more melee-focused. I'm doing Ogyrn now and it's hilarious fun. I love charging into groups and slapping them around.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://youtu.be/fTuEjTuvd_Y

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Russian Remoulade posted:

but what if hypothetically some of us are bads that want more power fantasy?

Just play on difficulty 1, or 2 with endless hordes

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The most sus thing here is an Ogryn using the word “concerning” correctly, twice.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

explosivo posted:

The first one we ran into I knew exactly what it was but the one pub in our group basically walked up and kicked it in the shins immediately and it wiped the team because I don't think anybody was truly ready for that fight.

Me and a friend saw someone in our group aggro the daemon last night and they were a bit ahead of us so we just watched and let them die and then went and rescued them. It was kind of hilarious tbh.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that the Ogryn shield is useless on hazard 4 and above. In a game this aggressive you always have to be killing poo poo and the shield is a passive weapon that doesn't contribute to that.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Chainaxe light swings are surprisingly fast and seem to have a like aimstick mechanic that allows you to spread the damage to multiple targets. Pretty fun! But the heavy charged attack has a nasty habit of missing, at least for me.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Zealot really feels like two completely differently designed classes were halfway merged together. On one hand, a crit, bleed character, and on the other, a suicide damage booster that can periodically regain a bunch of health. I really think these two concepts need to be separated out and refined.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

After playing a match with the power sword after using chainsword for a while I kind of get what they were going for. Yeah it has incredible cleave but chainsword has a few perks over it; it can be activates while running, the activation is almost instant, and it has a much stronger stun while the damage is being dealt. I feel like the downside of the power sword was supposed to be that you're constantly needing to stop to power it back up after four swings or so, but in reality it's just...so what? Yeah, you dodge back for a second every fourth swing to power it up, and then get back in. That's not really a drawback in exchange for the bonus cleave and AP damage.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Lol, just tried out the power sword on my veteran and sheesh. Seems we've been wrong about who's the best melee class in the game all along.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Broken Cog posted:

Lol, just tried out the power sword on my veteran and sheesh. Seems we've been wrong about who's the best melee class in the game all along.

It won me over when I chopped like 15 zombies in half with one swing. It felt so good.

I keep going back and forth between the bolter and the plasma gun. I can't decide which I like more. They both feel amazing and both have their place but i cannot decide which i should focus on.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
For me it's the bolter because I just can't stand the delay between the click and the shot coming out for the plas. I also like the ability to panic dump the bolter mag when necessary.

They really need to fix the racking animation though, it's really annoying that the bolt gets racked when switching to melee and back.

Dramicus fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, would advise against taking any trinket with grimoire corruption resistance, I think it is doing the opposite effect because the one friend in the group who had it for a couple runs would just speedrun the corruption down to 1 hp while we barely had 1 bar corrupted.