Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I know Rosen fetched a 2 but it's not happening for Wilson.

Wilson has an extra year of evidence against him and on a much better team than Rosen had with Arizona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Darnold got a 2nd and a 4th. The compensation is whatever the biggest sucker offers, not what would actually make sense.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'd trade more for Darnold than I would Wilson even today. Wilson is not fetching a 2.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Darnold was better than Wilson with less support and didn’t lose the locker room.

Josh Allen would never golf with Zach Wilson.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

A couple of people on Reddit said this line was part of that Rapaport/Garafolo report on Wilson but was removed.

quote:

One defensive player reportedly made it clear to Saleh that he would not play against the Bears if Wilson was the starting quarterback.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

Maybe they can trade him for a 2 somewhere similar to what the Cards got for Josh Rosen to some team who thinks they can fix him. It's not like other teams didn't like him coming out of college.

So you think a 6th would have gotten Jimmy from the Niners but somehow Wilson is worth a 2nd? lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So you think a 6th would have gotten Jimmy from the Niners but somehow Wilson is worth a 2nd? lol

Whoa hypocrisy!?! In MY AFCE?!?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jimmy makes $26m and Zach is on a rookie deal. They’re not comparable.

All of you idiots swore Darnold was only worth a 5th at best anyways so no one knows anything.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

All of you idiots swore Darnold was only worth a 5th at best anyways so no one knows anything.

this hurt my feelings :(

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Because you absolutely make that trade knowing you’re only keeping Darnold on his rookie deal lmao right

Bottom dweller team making an awful trade doesn’t prove anything but Wilson will also go for more than a 5

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think we accurately assessed his worth there. :v:

I left open the possibility that a dumb team would maybe pay a 3rd for him but Rhule broadened my perspective on how dumb and desperate a team can be. Wilson is still a far worse prospect than Darnold was two years ago.

I mean, do you think he'll get a 2?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

You're right that no team should trade a 2nd for him, but there is no limit to how dumb teams are when they're desperate for a QB. I don't expect that to happen but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diva Cupcake posted:

As poorly as he played Darnold was a better player for the Jets than Wilson has ever been. Sam actually had a couple of stretches where he looked like an NFL quarterback. Not only has Wilson not flashed at all with a much better supporting cast, he now has the reputation of being an immature guy and possibly a bad teammate, fair or not. Those aren't things you could ever say about Sam Darnold.

Also, Matt Rhule is no longer in the NFL.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Guys you think Matt Rhule is the only dumb and desperate guy in the NFL? Jobs are on the line every year.

I don’t think Zach is getting traded this off-season.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Right, he's not getting traded because no one is offering anything of worth for him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Guys you think Matt Rhule is the only dumb and desperate guy in the NFL? Jobs are on the line every year.

I don’t think Zach is getting traded this off-season.

This is a fair and good point - just don’t think you’re going to find the trade partner that matches up with “poor ownership + poor head coach decision + pushover:incompetent GM” like Carolina and Miami had when they made those moves for guys who had proven less suck with bad teams

And I did chuckle that your ultimate conclusion matched ours… while we still disagree lol which is very AFCE

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

Right, he's not getting traded because no one is offering anything of worth for him.

He’s not getting traded until there’s some clarity on how they’re going to address QB next year.

Their options are a short term 1 or 2 year veteran like Rodgers or lol Brady where having Zach sit for a year or two is probably a good idea. They could sign a guy like Brissett or Minshew where the expectation would be for Zach to compete with them. Or they could go for Jimmy G or Carr or dream of all dreams Lamar where they would be the unquestioned starter for multiple years and they should probably try to trade Zach. We don’t know what’s available yet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

A couple of people on Reddit said this line was part of that Rapaport/Garafolo report on Wilson but was removed.

100% not true.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

As DC beat me to 26mm vs 4mm.

Diva Cupcake posted:

He’s not getting traded until there’s some clarity on how they’re going to address QB next year.

Their options are a short term 1 or 2 year veteran like Rodgers or lol Brady where having Zach sit for a year or two is probably a good idea. They could sign a guy like Brissett or Minshew where the expectation would be for Zach to compete with them. Or they could go for Jimmy G or Carr or dream of all dreams Lamar where they would be the unquestioned starter for multiple years and they should probably try to trade Zach. We don’t know what’s available yet.

If they go into next season with this roster (or a better roster after another draft and FA) and try to roll with garbo like Brissett or Minchew that would be loving infuriating.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Rare Joe Douglas trade L

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1596904400106160131?s=46&t=gBD7c5zYUPrntoA6re6LKA

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

And I did chuckle that your ultimate conclusion matched ours… while we still disagree lol which is very AFCE

Lol exactly.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Does this mean more carries for Carter

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke/status/1596906812493946880

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I just saw the Bears' inactive list and the Jets caught a HUGE break....

N'Keal Harry is out

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Looks like Gaskin is gonna play.

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1596904272398286848?s=20&t=2ejD_905G2wzfGa7aXtY-A

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They should've traded for Jeff Wilson instead of Robinson tbh.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 27, 2022

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is Teddy hurt or is everyone's favorite replacement level QB actually third on the depth chart now?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

Is Teddy hurt or is everyone's favorite replacement level QB actually third on the depth chart now?

At the risk of reviving a very puzzling and stupid argument he’s injured with a knee but also kinda bad when he’s played so, Thompson is likely the backup from here on out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fsif posted:

Hurt his knee during week 6, was also concussed week 5

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yeah. I think everyone knows Teddy is moving on this offseason and the Dolphins need to be as certain as possible that Thompson can be the primary backup next year.

I imagine they'll throw another dart at the back of the draft too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Robinson trade was contingent on playing time so they are likely trying to keep their 5th and give Jax a 6th.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1596914162910707712

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No loving way.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lmao, the rest of the Bears should refuse to take the field.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I was thinking it would be funny if the Texans just went for broke and had all kinds of crazy trick plays today

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Not that i think this will happen but it really would be the culmination of my jets fandom if they lose to Peterman today.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Holy gently caress

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

No loving way.

Omg lol

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

sirtommygunn posted:

The Jets win will 10 games against backup quarterbacks this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

The Jets win will 10 games against backup quarterbacks this year.

And if they win 10 games they will still make the playoffs and break the 11 year drought. No asterisk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
So... how hilarious would it be if the Jets lost to Nathan Peterman?