Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
nvm

unwantedplatypus has issued a correction as of 02:37 on Nov 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

thehandtruck posted:

if ur depressed no amount of logic or words or ideas is going to make you enjoy things. thats why people's words/advice fall flat. all the logic uve created around Not Healing is depression-brain, and wrong. doesnt mean the material conditions arent true, but the logic you've scaffolded around it, ur brain thinks is infallible, when really its wrong. i know cause ive been in there many times. if ur an addict u have addiction to excitement/fear (the exact compliment to fear of boredom, which uve described). and if ur an addict......NA is free. ACA is free. etc. depression brain probably has some infallible logic why those wont work either, but hopefully that gives you perspective how depression brain has spread and presented itself as logical part of brain.

Yeah it's kinda like how one of the symptoms of dehydration is not wanting to drink water- the illness makes it harder to treat itself

I think I've been having some physical issues that are bleeding into mental health, I've had a couple digestive issues over the past couple of days and I suspect that it's been causing a lot of tension and fatigue. Hate having to sort out what exactly is making me feel like poo poo, and the general feeling that my body is betraying me

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah it's kinda like how one of the symptoms of dehydration is not wanting to drink water- the illness makes it harder to treat itself

drat thats such a good analogy. gonna steal that thanks. ive found for myself depression always got worse by trying to make it go away. going away meant doing happy things. it never worked. but sitting with it and making small improvements to the rest of my life, like eating right, very light exercise, sleeping well, etc, all without trying to push away the depression, was the only thing that ever "worked" for me.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
There's people in my apartment working on outlets now and I loving hate it. I didn't get any notice, just the super calling 15 minutes before they start when I'm already at work and can't do anything about it or drop back. I left my brain pills and bong out and I hope nobody helps themselves to anything, and I really just don't like the idea of people up in my place and my business in general. I don't want your help, I don't want you here, I don't care what the loving building inspector said. I had a feeling this was going to happen, but because I relaxed I didn't take steps to hide that stuff yesterday because I thought they were done already. I feel like I can't ever relax because I have to consider every possible angle I can be hit at all times, nothing feels safe, everything feels like it could just be taken away tomorrow and I have no recourse. A thread will get pulled and it will all unravel. I can barely even pivot away from working to handle whatever random demands come up so I'm just stuck here waiting for the hit to come. Like, imagine if this start the chain that leads to me getting evicted or something.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

skooma512 posted:

There's people in my apartment working on outlets now and I loving hate it. I didn't get any notice, just the super calling 15 minutes before they start when I'm already at work and can't do anything about it or drop back. I left my brain pills and bong out and I hope nobody helps themselves to anything, and I really just don't like the idea of people up in my place and my business in general. I don't want your help, I don't want you here, I don't care what the loving building inspector said. I had a feeling this was going to happen, but because I relaxed I didn't take steps to hide that stuff yesterday because I thought they were done already. I feel like I can't ever relax because I have to consider every possible angle I can be hit at all times, nothing feels safe, everything feels like it could just be taken away tomorrow and I have no recourse. A thread will get pulled and it will all unravel. I can barely even pivot away from working to handle whatever random demands come up so I'm just stuck here waiting for the hit to come. Like, imagine if this start the chain that leads to me getting evicted or something.

You didn't do anything wrong and your landlord is almost certainly breaking the law and/or your lease with that kind of poo poo. If they tried to evict you because of stuff they found on a no-notice entrance to your home they'd be in immeasurably deeper poo poo than you would be if you were to decide to protect yourself legally, and they probably know that. Also, generally speaking, supers care about stuff way less than the actual landlord.

Not to say your concerns aren't valid or justified, just saying that it will probably fine. When I end up turning myself into a ball of knots over something that's unlikely I like to remind myself that I'm already dead in the future so everything right now is just bonus time. Usually helps bring me down a little bit or starts on a path of self doubt and existential panic, but either of those seem better than worrying about your landlord.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
:dumb:

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 16:41 on Nov 22, 2022

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
having my ex stay with me for a while after she left her abusive partner. she has, over the past few years, developed a debilitating anxiety and sometimes just sits there shaking. i don't really know what to do to help her feel less anxious because i don't have these issues and can't really relate at all. any advice is appreciated.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

skooma512 posted:

I feel this. I don't have anything potentially incriminating out (usually) but I still absolutely despise the idea that anyone my rear end in a top hat property manager decides can come in my apartment any time. yes, I know the laws about notice etc, but we all know they don't care. I've had bad experiences with landlords in the past with harassment and giving me 14-day notices because of poo poo that absolutely wasn't true, and it's given me tons of anxiety about renting and landlords ever since.

did everything turn out ok this time?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I feel this. I don't have anything potentially incriminating out (usually) but I still absolutely despise the idea that anyone my rear end in a top hat property manager decides can come in my apartment any time. yes, I know the laws about notice etc, but we all know they don't care. I've had bad experiences with landlords in the past with harassment and giving me 14-day notices because of poo poo that absolutely wasn't true, and it's given me tons of anxiety about renting and landlords ever since.

did everything turn out ok this time?

Yeah it turned out fine. I have two new GFCI outlets because the inspector noticed they weren't and that's not code compliant. Nothing seemed to be missing, but I have ADD so half my poo poo is missing at any given time lol.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
had the strangest, most productive and maybe uplifting experience at the VA today. I saw my primary care doc who helped me with physical stuff but when I mentioned my mental health she said another department was working on it and so she couldn’t start prescribing

well, minutes later my counselor called me asking me to come to her office. it took a few hours but I am seeing a psych tomorrow at 830. it feels so good when you can tell people are fighting for you

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Consummate Professional posted:

had the strangest, most productive and maybe uplifting experience at the VA today. I saw my primary care doc who helped me with physical stuff but when I mentioned my mental health she said another department was working on it and so she couldn’t start prescribing

well, minutes later my counselor called me asking me to come to her office. it took a few hours but I am seeing a psych tomorrow at 830. it feels so good when you can tell people are fighting for you

that's excellent news. grats.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Sherbert Hoover posted:

having my ex stay with me for a while after she left her abusive partner. she has, over the past few years, developed a debilitating anxiety and sometimes just sits there shaking. i don't really know what to do to help her feel less anxious because i don't have these issues and can't really relate at all. any advice is appreciated.

probably sit with her while she calls RAINN (if she wants you to obviously). if she isnt able to its not too much for you to call them and ask for advice or help. then sleep well knowing ur a good person

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sherbert Hoover posted:

All you can really do is sit with her and be available. Seems like she needs some professional help so maybe gently encourage her in that direction?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
hey gang. saw the new psych who is maybe the kindest doctor I have ever met. he walked me through the different options of medicine out there to help and we decided on Wellbutrin with a possible long term goal of reducing my zoloft prescription since it kills any form of libido I have.

I also got my blood test info back and my thyroid may not be doing what it’s supposed to? I’m going to follow up with my primary doc to see if there’s more going on than just sad brains

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Hey people. I've suffered with depression and anxiety since I was 15 (I'm now 36) and it got ten times worse over Covid lockdown and has left me with a weird kind of intermittent agoraphobia. I also have insomnia like never before. I like awake all night, sometimes fighting off debilitating panic attacks, and spend the rest of the day like a zombie. I'm unable to work for the last two years because of it all and have tried everything from medications to counselling to weird fad diets... I've stopped drinking alcohol almost entirely (though never had a problem with it) and drink my 2l of water a day. But I'm having constant headaches and just want to sleep. I've taken to "sleeping" on the sofa in order to avoid disturbing my wife when I toss and turn all night. I have barely left the house in months and even the most mundane trips out drive terror into me. I don't even know what I'm asking... Has anyone suffered similar and what do you suggest if so? The sleep thing is the thing killing me lately. I am so zoned out 24/7, I sleep in hour-long bursts when my body and mind just give up. Sometimes it's at 11pm, sometimes 11am, etc. I can often go days without sleep followed by days in bed. Help.

Edit: my wife is a full-time carer for her schizophrenic diabetic mum, and has her own depression issues. She's incredibly supportive but understandably unequipped to offer solutions. She's amazing as someone who listens and understands though.

Prole has issued a correction as of 07:33 on Nov 27, 2022

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Prole posted:

Hey people. I've suffered with depression and anxiety since I was 15 (I'm now 36) and it got ten times worse over Covid lockdown and has left me with a weird kind of intermittent agoraphobia. I also have insomnia like never before. I like awake all night, sometimes fighting off debilitating panic attacks, and spend the rest of the day like a zombie. I'm unable to work for the last two years because of it all and have tried everything from medications to counselling to weird fad diets... I've stopped drinking alcohol almost entirely (though never had a problem with it) and drink my 2l of water a day. But I'm having constant headaches and just want to sleep.

My social anxiety has shot up with covid. It's gotten so bad that I have trouble going to the store on my own. I've been getting better though. Exposure works... but it's still unpleasant.

I've had issues with sleep too. Physical exercise has helped a lot, even just a 20 minute walk after supper. I don't like recommending it but weed has helped me sleep too. Sleep problems are hell, I'm sorry you have to deal with them.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

802.11weed posted:

My social anxiety has shot up with covid. It's gotten so bad that I have trouble going to the store on my own. I've been getting better though. Exposure works... but it's still unpleasant.

I've had issues with sleep too. Physical exercise has helped a lot, even just a 20 minute walk after supper. I don't like recommending it but weed has helped me sleep too. Sleep problems are hell, I'm sorry you have to deal with them.

I tried weed but as a guy who hasn't really done drugs of any kind since my early 20s I didn't really want to stick to that. I find popping a Mirtazapine helps, though my doc won't prescribe them for insomnia. And they make me feel like poo poo the day after. I've even tried herbal poo poo like marshmallow leaf etc. No luck. I'm either wide awake or too zoned out by tiredness to function. Codeine also helped but that's a slippery slope because I feel withdrawal symptoms when I stop taking them after just a couple of days taking them to help me sleep.

Thanks for your well wishes.

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

Can't sleep, clown'll eat me

Don't do this, but I find this effective. Variety of sleeping drugs, taken 2 or 3 simultaneously, rotated to prevent tolerance building. Like, a few days of mirtazipine with diphenhydramine, then a few days with weed and dextromethrophan. Or all of those in tiny doses. Add alcohol to taste. If I missed any good over the counter stuff please someone do share.

As a kid I typically would not sleep. Later I would to take massive doses of one or another to get broken sleep, huge side effects, and eventually another addiction. Now I take way less and sleep within an hour regardless of what's bugging me. I feel better the next day (no massive hangover or weed grogginess/paranoia), and feel like I can skip days without uncomfortable withdrawals. Being able to function better at work and even talk to a person without looking drowsy and corpselike has me feeling unusually good. Haven't called in sick for a while either. Obviously fixing one's issues would be ideal, but sleep feels like a prerequisite for that.

I figure doctors tell you not to mix drugs out of fear of liability/concern for your safety that you will have an episode and OD on them all at once.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Prole posted:

Hey people. I've suffered with depression and anxiety since I was 15 (I'm now 36) and it got ten times worse over Covid lockdown and has left me with a weird kind of intermittent agoraphobia. I also have insomnia like never before. I like awake all night, sometimes fighting off debilitating panic attacks, and spend the rest of the day like a zombie. I'm unable to work for the last two years because of it all and have tried everything from medications to counselling to weird fad diets... I've stopped drinking alcohol almost entirely (though never had a problem with it) and drink my 2l of water a day. But I'm having constant headaches and just want to sleep. I've taken to "sleeping" on the sofa in order to avoid disturbing my wife when I toss and turn all night. I have barely left the house in months and even the most mundane trips out drive terror into me. I don't even know what I'm asking... Has anyone suffered similar and what do you suggest if so? The sleep thing is the thing killing me lately. I am so zoned out 24/7, I sleep in hour-long bursts when my body and mind just give up. Sometimes it's at 11pm, sometimes 11am, etc. I can often go days without sleep followed by days in bed. Help.

Edit: my wife is a full-time carer for her schizophrenic diabetic mum, and has her own depression issues. She's incredibly supportive but understandably unequipped to offer solutions. She's amazing as someone who listens and understands though.

1) find a psychiatrist
2) find a therapist. request the psych and therapist consult
3) stop drinking. if u cant go to aa

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Prole posted:

1) what's your exercise like? creating full physical exhaustion at some point during the day makes it much easier to fall asleep
2) Try to create some sort of rigid schedule for yourself. Its hard to enforce that without the employer of damocles over your head but if you can give yourself an external commitment, even as simple as a regular online RPG or phonebank, that can make a big difference
3) https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3997695 there's a lot of upsetting info about COVID in there but its much easier to manage anxiety when there's a devil you know instead of a devil you don't. If you don't know poo poo about COVID its a monster thats only limitation is you running out of theoretical anxiety, which is functionally limitless. Turns out is in fact pretty knowable even if there's a lot of known unkowns, and knowing what's in your control and what's not is TBH the only thing that made COVID anxiety manageable for me.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I was expecting a nice fat paycheck with overtime pay. Then it turned out I missed entering a day so my check was barely any different.

Did all that work and sacrificed my time, just to totally gently caress it up at the very end. This is typically why I usually just do the minimum and hide the rest of the time, anything I do feels totally pointless and I'll be worse off for having tried at all. Whatever I do is just going to be unraveled at the last minute and the effort will have been for nothing.

ETA: I like how it only took me about 30 minutes being back at work to discover a mistake I made and put me right back into stressed out "I hate myself and everything else and most especially myself" mode I was in last week.

skooma512 has issued a correction as of 23:15 on Nov 28, 2022

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

skooma512 posted:

I was expecting a nice fat paycheck with overtime pay. Then it turned out I missed entering a day so my check was barely any different.

Did all that work and sacrificed my time, just to totally gently caress it up at the very end. This is typically why I usually just do the minimum and hide the rest of the time, anything I do feels totally pointless and I'll be worse off for having tried at all. Whatever I do is just going to be unraveled at the last minute and the effort will have been for nothing.

ETA: I like how it only took me about 30 minutes being back at work to discover a mistake I made and put me right back into stressed out "I hate myself and everything else and most especially myself" mode I was in last week.

You know you still get paid for overtime even if you don't enter it right? They have to pay you. Talk to hr or manager and say you missed entering your time/need to submit a corrected time sheet

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

You know you still get paid for overtime even if you don't enter it right? They have to pay you. Talk to hr or manager and say you missed entering your time/need to submit a corrected time sheet

I've already filed a ticket with HR. It's still not as easy as doing it right the first time, and my sadbrains just latches on to it as "See? You really can't handle basic poo poo"

And then there's also the possibility they just refuse to deal with it and then I have to get increasingly aggressive about someone else correcting a mistake I ultimately made.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

skooma512 posted:

I've already filed a ticket with HR. It's still not as easy as doing it right the first time, and my sadbrains just latches on to it as "See? You really can't handle basic poo poo"

And then there's also the possibility they just refuse to deal with it and then I have to get increasingly aggressive about someone else correcting a mistake I ultimately made.

Yeah, it's no big deal though and people do it all the time.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Actually, nobody fucks up at work except skooma512.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

It's a loving lovely feeling seeing literally everyone online convinced society will collapse in 5-10 years and have everyone IRL including my therapist call me a doomer for believing it will take 30. Sigh.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

It's a loving lovely feeling seeing literally everyone online convinced society will collapse in 5-10 years and have everyone IRL including my therapist call me a doomer for believing it will take 30. Sigh.

No one actually knows is the cool part. 30 years is far enough ahead that you should just live normally.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Societal collapse is happening right now. It's not some transformative apocalyptic event that happens in an instant, it's just social services gradually withering away to nothing, everything you need to live getting scarcer and more expensive, government increasingly focusing on policing / violent suppression and nothing else until eventually it can't even support that any more, etc.

Barring the most incredibly pessimistic, like, "cascading collapse of the carbon cycle"-level nightmare scenarios for climate change, there's never going to be a point where your personal well-being or place in society suddenly don't matter or aren't worth planning for. Things are just going to continue to suck until people start building new social institutions to replace the ones that are dying and/or actively hostile to us.

This isn't exactly a rosy outlook, but it does have implications that help me, personally, at least, stave off outright despair: there is always something to be done, and the worse societal conditions get, the more the mere act of survival becomes one of defiance. Your neighbors will need you; reforming society will inevitably go from an abstract theory to a pragmatic advantage to a material necessity. We all have a responsibility towards the system we live in but none of us are to blame for it in the sense of personal moral failing.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Societal collapse is happening right now. It's not some transformative apocalyptic event that happens in an instant, it's just social services gradually withering away to nothing, everything you need to live getting scarcer and more expensive, government increasingly focusing on policing / violent suppression and nothing else until eventually it can't even support that any more, etc.

Barring the most incredibly pessimistic, like, "cascading collapse of the carbon cycle"-level nightmare scenarios for climate change, there's never going to be a point where your personal well-being or place in society suddenly don't matter or aren't worth planning for. Things are just going to continue to suck until people start building new social institutions to replace the ones that are dying and/or actively hostile to us.

This isn't exactly a rosy outlook, but it does have implications that help me, personally, at least, stave off outright despair: there is always something to be done, and the worse societal conditions get, the more the mere act of survival becomes one of defiance. Your neighbors will need you; reforming society will inevitably go from an abstract theory to a pragmatic advantage to a material necessity. We all have a responsibility towards the system we live in but none of us are to blame for it in the sense of personal moral failing.

I have never encounter this concept of a "community" I hear so much about. I have never lived anywhere where my neighbors talked to me. Every friend I ever made were people who wanted to know me and thought my discussion topics were interesting. I have also bounced between several different countries where I didn't know or spoke the language poorly looking for better job opportunities that can give me the means to build a better life like owning a house and not worrying about being too executively dysfunctional to cook or clean. Stuff is literally all that gives my life meaning. Stuff and learning things. I do not want to live an existence where I have to dig in the dirt for 12 hours a day and retreat to some "party" where I have to listen to people get drunk and talk about the weather. If all that makes me a terrible person fine but that means that most of the population of the freaking planet is also terrible. And the frustrating thing is that most people don't even REALIZE it.

I'm someone who can't stand failure. I don't enjoy the process of building anything unless I know I will be successful. Why build a sandcastle if it will be washed away? Why make art if someone will just tell you it sucks? Why work towards making things better if they won't? Out of some sense of superiority? Screw that. I want things that last. I don't do anything if there is a high chance I will fail.

I just don't know how to escape this. My brain is just too logical. As a result I just stare at the clock waiting as things get worse and worse. Tick tock. Tick tock.

AceOfFlames has issued a correction as of 18:05 on Dec 1, 2022

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You ever taken the raads-r? Your thoughts on life remind me of how I used to feel tbh

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

no, though my current therapist is giving me a bunch of questionnaires. ASD is definitely going to be checked, especially I have relatives who have it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It's worth checking out tbh

https://embrace-autism.com/raads-r/

Good luck with therapy. I always thought it was useless but ended up helping me a lot when I gave it a chance.

SSJ_naruto_2003 has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Dec 1, 2022

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

It's worth checking out tbh

https://embrace-autism.com/raads-r/

Good luck with therapy. I always thought it was useless but ended up helping me a lot when I gave it a chance.

Hoo boy. I scored a 125.

AceOfFlames has issued a correction as of 19:23 on Dec 1, 2022

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

That's like double needed for asd right?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thehandtruck posted:

That's like double needed for asd right?

It's kinda vague about it:

quote:

Meaning of RAADS–R scores

25 - You are not autistic.
50 - Some autistic traits, but likely not autistic (yet some autistic people score as low as 44.
65 - The minimum score at which autism is considered.
90 - Stronger indications of autism, although non-autistics may score as high.
130 - The mean score of autistic people; strong evidence for autism.
160 - Very strong evidence for autism.
227 - The maximum score autistic people acquired in Ritvo’s seminal paper on the RAADS–R.[9]

I'm guessing this is meant to be combined with another test. I was once given one that had stuff like picking things out of a drawing filled with detail and determining the emotions of a person doing a ridiculous amount of mugging for the camera. That one said I was not autistic but it always felt off to me.

AceOfFlames has issued a correction as of 19:34 on Dec 1, 2022

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

It's kinda vague about it:

I'm guessing this is meant to be combined with another test. I was once given one that had stuff like picking things out of a drawing filled with detail and determining the emotions of a person doing a ridiculous amount of mugging for the camera. That one said I was not autistic but it always felt off to me.

Yeah I'm not really an expert just someone who read about it in the last year or so after my wife's therapist asked her if I was autistic.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

I have never encounter this concept of a "community" I hear so much about. I have never lived anywhere where my neighbors talked to me. Every friend I ever made were people who wanted to know me and thought my discussion topics were interesting. I have also bounced between several different countries where I didn't know or spoke the language poorly looking for better job opportunities that can give me the means to build a better life like owning a house and not worrying about being too executively dysfunctional to cook or clean. Stuff is literally all that gives my life meaning. Stuff and learning things. I do not want to live an existence where I have to dig in the dirt for 12 hours a day and retreat to some "party" where I have to listen to people get drunk and talk about the weather. If all that makes me a terrible person fine but that means that most of the population of the freaking planet is also terrible. And the frustrating thing is that most people don't even REALIZE it.

I'm someone who can't stand failure. I don't enjoy the process of building anything unless I know I will be successful. Why build a sandcastle if it will be washed away? Why make art if someone will just tell you it sucks? Why work towards making things better if they won't? Out of some sense of superiority? Screw that. I want things that last. I don't do anything if there is a high chance I will fail.

I just don't know how to escape this. My brain is just too logical. As a result I just stare at the clock waiting as things get worse and worse. Tick tock. Tick tock.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

You ever taken the raads-r? Your thoughts on life remind me of how I used to feel tbh

This is funny. I related to that post and irl I've been completely focused on whether or not I have ASD. It's driving me mad, because there are indications for, but also indications against.

unwantedplatypus has issued a correction as of 04:00 on Dec 2, 2022

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The eternal goon question, is this very intense social anxiety or very high functioning autism

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

StashAugustine posted:

The eternal goon question, is this very intense social anxiety or very high functioning autism

"yes"

e: fwiw i score like a 190 on that test lol. i'm not good at making friends either but you can't always play to your strengths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
iirc I scored a 95 on the RAADS-R. I actually went through all the tests on the website and I always score in the "maybe" "high NT/low ND" range. But I'm also taking these now in my mid-20's. I know for a fact that I presented with more symptoms when I was younger but went through several "wow I should really figure out how to be less socially awkward" phases. I remember people telling me I used to speak in a monotone, for example.

StashAugustine posted:

Or is it trauma?

unwantedplatypus has issued a correction as of 04:31 on Dec 2, 2022