Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Alpha males like Elon (Alpha Male) don’t puss around with beta details like who was cradling their dead child in who’s arms. He’s busy grinding with code reviews and doing sick jumps on his stingray and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
who held the baby is 2022's janet jackson's nipple

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

CumBlast Radius Jr posted:

drat

Stop being invested in strangers who mean nothing

I'm cynical enough to post here for 20 years, but every so often there's a fresh crack-ping

Whether by virtue of being a bot or by turning their brain into one, that poster isn't a human

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Like if Zuck was caught lying about his dead kid I don’t think you’d have weird white guys lined up around the block to musksplain how it’s perfectly normal

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Do you think he genuinely realizes that his empire is crumbling around him and all this is a mix of flailing and kayfabe or is he delusional to the point where he thinks that this is just a step toward God status?

gently caress this guy either way

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Alan Smithee posted:

Maxwell
Ghislaine
Maxwell
Ghislaine

:tinfoil:

Wait till you find out who Robert Maxwell's daughter is!

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

Car Hater posted:

I'm cynical enough to post here for 20 years, but every so often there's a fresh crack-ping

Whether by virtue of being a bot or by turning their brain into one, that poster isn't a human

Its literally nothing

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

CumBlast Radius Jr posted:

Its literally nothing

Xakura posted:

Wait till you find out who Robert Maxwell's daughter is!

How was that not loving obvious and i revealed it earlier as well

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Borscht posted:

Do you think he genuinely realizes that his empire is crumbling around him and all this is a mix of flailing and kayfabe or is he delusional to the point where he thinks that this is just a step toward God status?

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/07/power-causes-brain-damage/528711/

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Good Sphere posted:

Elon makes sure he posts important reasons why he’s the genius behind Tesla, including using USPTO to register a trademark, as well as register a web domain. Absolutely incredible.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596869470873866241?s=46&t=d5f58Z_hRV_hY7oPHy9dqA

:lol:

He's posting an article about how great he is written and paid for by the company he owns

Like just... What?

The absolute state this guy is

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

kazil posted:

"being able to take criticism and accept feedback" isn't a coding skill it's a life skill

yes, that is true, it is a life skill. it also happens to be a skill that you have to have in order to be a good programmer, so whether or not Musk has it is germane to whether he is a good programmer.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/ersguterfrank/status/1596626613969776640

Look at that loving reply chain. This is Elon's Twitter, amazing. Tate Sargon and Prison Planet on the same place spewing their hateful bullshit

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Borscht posted:

I think he realises on some deep level but refuses to consciously acknowledge it and on a different level he's like IT'S ALL FINE I'M AN AWESOME GOD MAN.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Honestly I can't believe they remembered the baby died. Memory doesn't work like that.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

So why haven't the people who loaned Elon all that money freaked the gently caress out yet

I won’t get into it too much but in the poker world it is very common to either loan or stale people into high stakes tournaments. Maybe the guy has hit a streak of bad luck or he didn’t want to personally carry 10k on a plane and it’s too late to wire. Whatever it is, the poker world is/has largely built on loaning people large sums of money.

Obviously lots of people also take advantage of this and borrow, not win a tournament and end up in mark up. Well this guy owes you money and eventually has to win a tournament so if you rat him out now no one will ever stake him and you’ll never see your money. So more and more people stake him, find out how much debt he’s in and then also has to keep quiet. Eventually someone gets sick of it and spills the beans.

What I’m trying to get at is no one right now will freak out against Elon because it’s in there best interest to be as calm and quiet as possible and hope somehow Elon turns twitter around so they can get as much money back selling the bond. While Elon is not a broke poker player he’s also rich enough to gently caress with banks longer than they figure is profitable for them to do so. Plus it’s Elon Musk, spacex guy! If we stop giving him money then we’ll miss out on the next figurative rocket ship idea he has!

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

Strong Sauce posted:

I won’t get into it too much but in the poker world it is very common to either loan or stale people into high stakes tournaments. Maybe the guy has hit a streak of bad luck or he didn’t want to personally carry 10k on a plane and it’s too late to wire. Whatever it is, the poker world is/has largely built on loaning people large sums of money.

Obviously lots of people also take advantage of this and borrow, not win a tournament and end up in mark up. Well this guy owes you money and eventually has to win a tournament so if you rat him out now no one will ever stake him and you’ll never see your money. So more and more people stake him, find out how much debt he’s in and then also has to keep quiet. Eventually someone gets sick of it and spills the beans.

What I’m trying to get at is no one right now will freak out against Elon because it’s in there best interest to be as calm and quiet as possible and hope somehow Elon turns twitter around so they can get as much money back selling the bond. While Elon is not a broke poker player he’s also rich enough to gently caress with banks longer than they figure is profitable for them to do so. Plus it’s Elon Musk, spacex guy! If we stop giving him money then we’ll miss out on the next figurative rocket ship idea he has!

In 2024 they are switching bodies. Same physical person, different mind. Leagally

This is the national decisions level games.

CumBlast Radius Jr fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 27, 2022

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Well known cool guy demoing the new elonphone:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The big banks who've loaned the money are in fact freaking out, but it's a lowkey subtle freakout because, yeah, you don't want to cause an even bigger run on the value of the loans you're holding. There's also a big double whammy effect going on because the loan commits were signed just before interest rates hiked through the roof so the rates being charged are already lower than what you'd get otherwise, as well as the value of Twitter as a company plummeting into the Earth's core. Normally banks loan the money then try to sell the bonds to other investors but they've as far as anyone knows haven't actually tried because they were getting bids of 60 cents on the dollar (!) even before Musk fully took over. God knows what they'd actually go for now after the very public dismantling of the company. The whole thing might end up being a write-off.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

The banks don't care, they'll just get bailed out

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Good Sphere posted:

Elon makes sure he posts important reasons why he’s the genius behind Tesla, including using USPTO to register a trademark, as well as register a web domain. Absolutely incredible.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596869470873866241?s=46&t=d5f58Z_hRV_hY7oPHy9dqA
Honorary degree for what? Buying shells from Lotus? lmao 🤣

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I remember the brief, beautiful period where nobody talked about Sargon of Akkad or "Weird" Mike Cernovich or any of these loving dipshits because they got booted off of every platform and nobody had to see or hear from them and now 2023 is going to be 2015, Again and I guess we can look forward to another stint of hour long video debunking essays becoming popular again

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Memory should always be suspected, especially your own and especially memories made during tragedies. You need to use context clues and corroboration to help understand certain gaps or incongruities. For example Elon is a shithead without empathy so we can probably rule out he was the babby holder.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm going to start my own social media network called Shitter and put some honesty back in this business

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

orange sky posted:

https://twitter.com/ersguterfrank/status/1596626613969776640

Look at that loving reply chain. This is Elon's Twitter, amazing. Tate Sargon and Prison Planet on the same place spewing their hateful bullshit

yes but have you seen this

https://twitter.com/Cobratate/status/1596200661368328193

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Heath posted:

I remember the brief, beautiful period where nobody talked about Sargon of Akkad or "Weird" Mike Cernovich or any of these loving dipshits because they got booted off of every platform and nobody had to see or hear from them and now 2023 is going to be 2015, Again and I guess we can look forward to another stint of hour long video debunking essays becoming popular again

It is a mass breakout from Arkham Asylum. What I am saying is we need someone wearing a silly costume to go out there and punch a bunch of Nazis.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How in the gently caress is Carl of Applebees still relevant to anyone? Or Wierd Mike? What audience do these wierdos even have anymore? Gamergate was what, like 8 loving years ago?

Are we going to find out Elon Musk helped fund Gamergate as well?

It's pretty clear Elon was bedfellows with the alt right for a long rear end time but only now has shown his own rear end if he knows who these loving yesterday's losers are

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
If its a loan, who cares? Elon is worth enough for banks to get it back. If it is an investment, those guys don't care. They throw away money in VC. Making twitter a reactionary hellhole is expensive but worth it to them. The key for people at Elon's level is to tie everyone's money together so everyone has leverage on each other. Twitter won't survive as a republican stronghold because republicans are small change. But globally, a lot of people want the visibility of twitter to spout whatever bullshit agenda they have. Its a long game and Elon has positioned twitter as a platform for dumb stuff. Its like when Rupert Murdoch bought up media.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

How in the gently caress is Carl of Applebees still relevant to anyone? Or Wierd Mike? What audience do these wierdos even have anymore? Gamergate was what, like 8 loving years ago?

Are we going to find out Elon Musk helped fund Gamergate as well?

It's pretty clear Elon was bedfellows with the alt right for a long rear end time but only now has shown his own rear end if he knows who these loving yesterday's losers are

They fill the same pseudointellectual hole as Joe Rogan and others that attracts people to the Far Right, so they are still relevant in Right Wing circles.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Good Sphere posted:

tremendous ideas guy energy

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

temple posted:

If its a loan, who cares? Elon is worth enough for banks to get it back. If it is an investment, those guys don't care. They throw away money in VC. Making twitter a reactionary hellhole is expensive but worth it to them. The key for people at Elon's level is to tie everyone's money together so everyone has leverage on each other. Twitter won't survive as a republican stronghold because republicans are small change. But globally, a lot of people want the visibility of twitter to spout whatever bullshit agenda they have. Its a long game and Elon has positioned twitter as a platform for dumb stuff. Its like when Rupert Murdoch bought up media.

That might make sense if he hadn't fired everything international for the whole company

He isn't playing the long game, he just believes that free speech not being free enough was Twitter's main problem.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

"I am not right or left, however I feel that your problem is that you aren't being automatically fed a constant barrage of far-right horseshit when you want to look up something from a band you like or look for cat pictures."

Hopefully in tyool 2022/2023 we will be spared the "if you don't eat at least fifteen minutes of RW content per day you're in a bubble" talk

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

theflyingorc posted:

Some people eat at different times of the day, so it might not be dinner

Lol @ "Thanksgiving cuisine" though

No matter the time, a Thanksgiving meal would technically be dinner. A heavy meal at lunchtime that consists of multiple dishes can be considered dinner. If you have dinner at lunchtime then you have supper in the evening.

Basically my point is that no one has a Thanksgiving lunch.

edit: oops double post from a browser restart

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 27, 2022

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

clown shoes posted:

No matter the time, a Thanksgiving meal would technically be dinner. A heavy meal at lunchtime that consists of multiple dishes can be considered dinner. If you have dinner at lunchtime then you have supper in the evening.

clown shoes posted:

:psyduck:

I'm just going to assume it's the app loving with you

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

clown shoes posted:

lol if you've never had thanksgiving breakfast

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Xakura posted:

:psyduck:

I'm just going to assume it's the app loving with you

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm having a hidden clandestine thankstaking brunch

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The real turkey this thanksgiving was elon musk am I right?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
well, thanks guys. Elion got down on his knees and promised me the sickest blow job ever. And I fell for it. now he is attached to my cock like a leech. i'm afraid if I try and pry him off hes gonna take my cock with him.

well, that's what I get for falling for the hype I guess

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

My grandmother used to say this! She’s dead now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

clown shoes posted:

My grandmother used to say this! She’s dead now.

Harsh!