Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm interested in what the twist will be, because everyone already "knows" what happened, and there is no way it plays out exactly like that.

I'm hoping the entire story is written from the perspective of one of the marines who happened to be aboard but didn't see everything, so we just get glimpses of what occurs and what it was like to be around the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Watch "got stabbed by a magic knife" be the real reason that Big E is on the golden throne.

Evil Knives are important

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

S.J. posted:

I'm hoping the entire story is written from the perspective of one of the marines who happened to be aboard but didn't see everything, so we just get glimpses of what occurs and what it was like to be around the event.

Every time they get close enough to find out what's going on, they get murked and we get another viewpoint switch.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Pyrolocutus posted:

Every time they get close enough to find out what's going on, they get murked and we get another viewpoint switch.

That would be dope.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Tutelaries are the craziest poo poo in the lore. Sure my whole “loyal” legion is just openly palling around with daemons. It’s no big deal.

Like, the Emperor and the Sisters and a bunch of other people knew what daemons were at that point! How did none of those people say anything?!

Did the Dark Angels have their lil pals back then, Im sure Necromundan gang lords had their weird bat babies

P.S. Which is the chicken and which is the egg

War and Pieces fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 27, 2022

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

S.J. posted:

That would be dope.

I mean it would be hilarious but I, and most of the fanbase would be piiiiiiiiissssssssseeeeeddddd.

I've read like 70 books leading up to this they better loving give me the most epic scene ever to grace the page of black library. Imagine sinking that amount of time into a series where the climactic battle is known and then when it gets here some dude in the next room sees some flashing lights, some bangs, and pees his power armor.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

D-Pad posted:

I mean it would be hilarious but I, and most of the fanbase would be piiiiiiiiissssssssseeeeeddddd.

I've read like 70 books leading up to this they better loving give me the most epic scene ever to grace the page of black library. Imagine sinking that amount of time into a series where the climactic battle is known and then when it gets here some dude in the next room sees some flashing lights, some bangs, and pees his power armor.

I hope each marine survives like, a minute being near the fight and we see the dopest poo poo before each one gets murked.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

Open the book with Emps obliterating Horus and the rest of it is the scouring.

A reverse Abnett if you will.

Real guess? I bet that book 1 is going to be 80% what Ollanius was doing while the Siege progressed. And a Random Garviel Loken appearance. Just because that's what his books have tended towards in the Siege.

Last we checked in with Oll he was flying on Terra trying to get to the siege lines with Alpharius, a proto-marine, and his little crew from Calth. Doesn't help that the last siege book ended with the Vengeful Spirit dropping it's shields.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

War and Pieces posted:

Did the Dark Angels have their lil pals back then, Im sure Necromundan gang lords had their weird bat babies

The dark angel Lil dudes are a big ??? but from what Lil bits of lore they do get they are strongly anti-chaos to the point where it's somewhat implied they are blanks of some kind. Which is prolly why they get overlooked by other factions.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Watch "got stabbed by a magic knife" be the real reason that Big E is on the golden throne.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Telsa Cola posted:

The dark angel Lil dudes are a big ??? but from what Lil bits of lore they do get they are strongly anti-chaos to the point where it's somewhat implied they are blanks of some kind. Which is prolly why they get overlooked by other factions.

ok cool they're lesser demons of MalalMalice

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

War and Pieces posted:

Dangit, you've just reminded me that I mail ordered one of those little dudes years ago to do something silly with and I never actually got around to doing it. No idea where he is now.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

A giant castle made of blood is pretty much peak warhammer.

Also these Gretchen in the stompa :allears:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I love how many people have turned the grot with the pistol into a grot with a drill simply by gluing an actual drill bit into the barrel. It's a genius little conversion and it always works.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

D-Pad posted:

Literally Loken walking out of the throne room shaking his head saying "I was there when Horus slew the Emperor... you should have seen that poo poo, man"

Personally I hope Malcador has enough of their poo poo and just "turns the car right around" and murks them both before stuffing Olly on the throne and retiring

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Just finished the Sanguinius primarch novel. By far the best primarch novel to date. Wraight absolutely killed it.

A haunting look under the hood at the Blood Angels. He gets them in a way no other author has before. Honestly he should just be forced to write at least one book for each of the legions. This was comparable to Lords of Silence in it's unique portrayal of the legion he was writing about. Like there is a surface level understanding of a legion, then a more nuanced deeper take you pick up once you've read enough lore, then there is the definitive account that Wraight lays out.

It has some strong psychological horror aspects to it. Can't recommend it enough.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

D-Pad posted:

Just finished the Sanguinius primarch novel. By far the best primarch novel to date. Wraight absolutely killed it.

A haunting look under the hood at the Blood Angels. He gets them in a way no other author has before. Honestly he should just be forced to write at least one book for each of the legions. This was comparable to Lords of Silence in it's unique portrayal of the legion he was writing about. Like there is a surface level understanding of a legion, then a more nuanced deeper take you pick up once you've read enough lore, then there is the definitive account that Wraight lays out.

It has some strong psychological horror aspects to it. Can't recommend it enough.

Hows his Khan book? I really liked The Last Hunt and would be down for more of them.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

Hows his Khan book? I really liked The Last Hunt and would be down for more of them.

It's good

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

For those wondering just how big the new Primarch anthology book is, one of the authors just got their copy.

https://twitter.com/GrahamMcNeill/status/1597764139853545472

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Cooked Auto posted:

For those wondering just how big the new Primarch anthology book is, one of the authors just got their copy.

It's all the short stories from the three previously released primarch anthologies (sons, scions, and blood of the emperor) plus like three new stories. That's why it's so big.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
Was The Guns of Tanith published before the Valkyrie model was first shown?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It was released a year before Epic Armageddon which had them in the rulebook, which is the earliest I can remember them existing. Are they described wonkily in it?

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
No, it's just that he conjures up an unnamed blimp-like insertion craft in a situation where Valkyries would be used in later books.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

He did the impossible and made the White Scars interesting.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

FPyat posted:

No, it's just that he conjures up an unnamed blimp-like insertion craft in a situation where Valkyries would be used in later books.
Local colour is not a bad thing TBH. He could also just have had them skydive from the Marauders but the blimps are a more Phantine way to go about things.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
Don't get me wrong, the number of things with no tabletop version he makes up is something I appreciate strongly.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, those Woe Machines ain't gonna get statted anytime soon.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
They’re not plastic spacemen Mom!!! They’re Woe Machines!!!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

These here are my WOAH Machines

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Biplane posted:

These here are my WOAH Machines

Great, now you've got me trying to picture Keanu Reeves in an Abnett-written Matrix.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pyrolocutus posted:

Great, now you've got me trying to picture Keanu Reeves in an Abnett-written Matrix.

You're welcome.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

D-Pad posted:

I thought it wasn't available until Saturday.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Warden posted:

the omnissiah provides

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Warden posted:

I have a consistent source for getting the ebooks early. I always buy a physical copy anyway so I don't feel bad using it.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

orphean posted:

They’re not plastic spacemen Mom!!! They’re Woe Machines!!!

No I'm not buying you any. We've got Woe Machines at home! Your Dad.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
The book just described the Marauders dropping three hundred thousand tons of explosives on the city. Wouldn’t be Warhammer without that kind of thing.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, those Woe Machines ain't gonna get statted anytime soon.

At some point in the nebulous future I will kitbash some for Epic.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FPyat posted:

The book just described the Marauders dropping three hundred thousand tons of explosives on the city. Wouldn’t be Warhammer without that kind of thing.

Cute. Maybe they can shoot off some firecrackers while they're at it.

I mean why do they bother? We've shot up over a million cannon shells and what are the results: one dachshund with a slight limp.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Cooked Auto posted:

designed to be used as Warhammer terrain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

FPyat posted:

Yeah that's only a hundred times what was dropped on Dresden. They'd probably want to drop way more to make a dent in a hive city.